Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Techniques
are counters proportionate to the attack put into them?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marth and roy?
  good
  gay
View Results

kingblah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:42 pm
like lets say some1 used an attack that causes 10% but lets say another person used an attack that causes 50%, what counter would do more damage?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:13 pm
kingblah
like lets say some1 used an attack that causes 10% but lets say another person used an attack that causes 50%, what counter would do more damage?

Probably both will do just as much damage although the 50% hit will because of its natural higher damage be of more effect, though I'm not sure on that.  

Roy Soraxis

kingblah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:56 pm
if any1 is please post here  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:35 am
Marth's counter if hit will do a damge of 7% no matter what. Even if he counters Roy's flare blade it will STILL do 7% damage, his counter also last as long as the animation does meaning, his counter is longer therefore making it safer.

Roy's counter does a damage of 1.5 times the attack damage of the opponent, say Roy counters a flare blade from another Roy which does 30% damage, Roy's counter if hit will deal 45% of damage to the enemy. Unlike Marth's counter Roy's only last the moment you press down b, making it shorter and therefore risky but worth it if you can hit.  

divine_chaos_demon

Roy Soraxis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:42 am
divine_chaos_demon
Marth's counter if hit will do a damge of 7% no matter what. Even if he counters Roy's flare blade it will STILL do 7% damage, his counter also last as long as the animation does meaning, his counter is longer therefore making it safer.

Roy's counter does a damage of 1.5 times the attack damage of the opponent, say Roy counters a flare blade from another Roy which does 30% damage, Roy's counter if hit will deal 45% of damage to the enemy. Unlike Marth's counter Roy's only last the moment you press down b, making it shorter and therefore risky but worth it if you can hit.

I actually didn't know that, interesting information cool .

And there is one thing that is arguemental, you say that because of that Marth's whole animation it lasts its safer, but it makes one less in judging on the timing while with Roy you need to time alot more precise, making one sharper of mind.
And I have little difficulty with countering attacks with Roy.

And if you mean Roy's fully charged Flare Blade with the 30% then that is incorrect, its 50%.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:05 am
nice. but i know that there counters are not that sme if theyget u from the top or bottom when u do counter he get hit but u to so the 80% of damage will be dealt to u and 20% from counter to enemy.  

Imadud

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:52 pm
the counters are proportinate to the damage deatl,
roys counter does 150% of what damage would have been dealt
and marths does 70% of the damage that would have been dealt  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:38 pm
Phantom_Renegade
the counters are proportinate to the damage deatl,
roys counter does 150% of what damage would have been dealt
and marths does 70% of the damage that would have been dealt

Marth has the speed and roy the offense.  

Imadud

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:40 pm
Nice, I didn't actually know that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:26 pm
Arc Angel Gabriel
Nice, I didn't actually know that.

((We both then learned something usefull.))  

Roy Soraxis

ChaosGENE

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:41 pm
There's just one small question I have.
Is it me, or is it that Marth's counter is shorter.
Like for example, if you miss the counter, he stays in that position for only a while, but Roy, he stays in that position for much longer

Because: Once, I was using Marth, and I used counter, but missed--the guy didn't attack. So I was falling off the ledge when suddenly he was out of his counter stance.

Unlike Roy, which I did the same, but by the time he was out of his stance, he had been ko'ed

They were same elevation btw.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:20 am
^ actually u have it backwards, marth has a longer counter than roy
with marth u can start your counter a bit before u are hit by an attack, while with roy u have to counter the moment right before u get hit,
but on ending lag roy actually has more than marth  

Phantom_Renegade

Techniques

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces