Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Writing a novel for no reason

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think is a good title?
  The World in a Shell
  Resistance
  I got a good one! (Me: Then please post it.)
  I don't know!
View Results

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:21 pm
Yeah, I know I'm 14. I guess I have too much time on my hands.

Basicly, it's about this futuristic soceity where everyone lives in this gigantic building. The only people who know that there is an outside world and that it hasn't always been like this is a few select government officials, and a resistance, who's members usualy get thrown in a mental institution. One day, the heroien, Hana Otome meets a boy who is a part of this resistance, named Hiraku Meirou. They start to talk, and at first, Hana cannot accepy how the world really is and storms off. Later that night, after going home, she hears about a young boy who's on the run, and knows it's Hiraku. She starts to think about what he said, and starts to realize that he was right. That's all I have to far.

The problem is, I can't think up a good title. I don't know, I guess I'm not good with catchy names. I almost wanna call it something like "The world in a shell", but I'm not sure. Resistance sounds good, but it doesn't really describe the situation all that much. Please help.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Pretty cool, could be a nifty cyberpunk book. Or comic book. How about: "The Building" as a title? Or "Institution", and that could be the government's code-name for the building. Throw in some hover-car chases and a super-high-tech internet advancement or two, and you'll have yourself a hit.  

I am Jaques colon

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:38 pm
lancekatre
Pretty cool, could be a nifty cyberpunk book. Or comic book. How about: "The Building" as a title? Or "Institution", and that could be the government's code-name for the building. Throw in some hover-car chases and a super-high-tech internet advancement or two, and you'll have yourself a hit.

Cars are considered old technology, and they travel far distances by bullet trains (That are alot faster than today's) sweatdrop . But, laser beams will be in there, and plenty of fights. Maybe a few explosions. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:14 pm
Personally, I really do quite like World in a Shell (ie: I suggest taking out the "The" in the title)  

Jaspickle

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:29 pm
Jaspickle
Personally, I really do quite like World in a Shell (ie: I suggest taking out the "The" in the title)

Hmmmm...Yeah....  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:42 pm
Hello

It's a great idea. I bet you'd be a good Power of the Pen writer. I was in Power of the Pen... I loved it. You never knew what your narrative would be.

xx____Riku

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:50 am
Green_With_Envy
Hello

It's a great idea. I bet you'd be a good Power of the Pen writer. I was in Power of the Pen... I loved it. You never knew what your narrative would be.

How do you join Power of The Pen? Is it a guild? Or a school club?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:00 am
The city of fermont, here in Quebec, has something similar. (Well, people do know there is an outside world xd )

Basicaly, it's a really big building somewhere in the city in wich you find appartements, stores and hospitals so if you live in there you don't need to go out most of the time, wich is really useful because the weather there is really cold.

I hope this helped you...  

LaForet

beforexthexnoise

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 am
svensk.fiolspel
The city of fermont, here in Quebec, has something similar. (Well, people do know there is an outside world xd )

Basicaly, it's a really big building somewhere in the city in wich you find appartements, stores and hospitals so if you live in there you don't need to go out most of the time, wich is really useful because the weather there is really cold.

I hope this helped you...

..That's kind of creepy.

Anyway, your book sounds like a great idea. I always try to write but I never can find a good topic or plot outline or anything like that. Kudos to you, my friend.

Have fun writing your book!  
Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff