Nitro returns from commercial to focus on Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbysko at the announcer's table. It's time for an interview, one held over satelltie.

Tony Schiavone: ladies and gentlemen, last week we saw two separate attacks on a former WCWG World champion, Ken Armand, by the Mysterious stranger, Mister Mirage. We have Ken waiting to speak with us from his home tonight. Ken, how are you feeling?"

The camera switches over to show Ken sitting at home. He's sitting in his living room, on a black leather couch. Not much else can be made out as the focus is on him. He doesn't look to be in the best shape, but he's been in worse.

"How am I feeling, Tony? I feel like a guy who got jumped and choked twice by a lunatic in a mask. I was kept off the card and ordered by Eric Bischoff to remain home this week. If not for him putting his nose in my business, I'd be there tonight and this conversation wouldn't be happening?"

Larry Zbysko: "Well, we know what you went through last week and I think this might be for the best. You're not exactly having the best of times these days. It's been a real uphill battle for you ever since you lost the world championship at the first Starrcade. What are you going to do now?"

Ken takes a few moments to think over his response before responding. "Zbysko, you've been in this game a long time. You know that sometimes when you're at the top and you get knocked off, it's a long way to hit the bottom. Well I'm at the bottom. I lost the title to Cartwright, I was taken out by Damien Umbra, I came back, screwed Umbra out of the title, only for Cartwright to regain it by pinning me again. But I went to the second Starrcade and I took Damien out. I got my revenge. Then I refocused on regaining my world title. Andre got lucky and kept the gold, and Drako doesn't do automatic rematches. Then they announced the unification match, and I went for the Renegade title, which I won then immediately lost. But a last gasp, the United states title, and I beat Damien again. I won the gold and finally, it seemed like I was back on track. I am the only man to have held the WCWG World Heavyweight, United States, and Renegade championships. History made, but I didn't get to unify those titles. Fine, but then we come to last Nitro. It's time to refocus. Because I know I'm good. I know I'm the best and I'll be damned if anyone will tell me otherwise, but this Mister Mirage attacks me backstage, weakens me for my match against Kana Samoa which I then lose, and then he attacks me again. Only apparently there are five of him. So what's next?" Ken sighs. "I'll tell you what's next. Halloween Havoc. I can't get a title match, but right now that's secondary. Right now, I want to live up to the name of this historic event. Right now, it's time to cause some havoc."

Tony Schiavone: "Ken, as you said, you weren't cleared to be here tonight. Will you be cleared by Halloween Havoc?"

Ken actually laughs humorlessly. "Will I be cleared? Tony, I don't give a damn if doctors clear me. I don't give a damn if Eric Bischoff just tries to force me to stay at home. Let me make this abundantly clear. I will be back by Halloween Havoc. I will be there at the PPV, and I will find Mister Mirage. Not only will I find him, but I'm going to beat him within an inch of his life. Because it's not about the title. It's about pride. It's about a guy that can't stand in my face and fight me like a man. He uses parlor tricks and a Mandible Claw. He likes tricks. I like punching guys like him in the face. I'm a professional wrestler, not a magician. I can play mind games with the best of them, just look at how long I was at the top of WCWG. I'm going to get back there, and my first stop is Halloween Havoc with Mister Mirage. I hope he's ready for what he's brought on himself. I'm going to show you a side of Ken Armand you've never seen before. That, Schiavone, is a promise."

Larry Zbysko: "Well, how do you intend to do that against that Mandible Claw? There's no defense against it and this Mister Mirage has already shown us how well he uses it."

Ken sits forward. "It's a little hard to put that on if your fingers are broken, Larry Zbysko. I told you, I'm ready. I'm willing and able. It's time for some havoc."

Ken shoves the camera and the screen goes out.

Tony Schiavone: "That was certainly a little different coming from the usual brash and arrogant Ken Armand."

Larry Zbysko: "He better be as ready as he says or it'll be lights out for him again."