Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Kaya's Moonlit Nuzlocke

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:24 am
((I decided to try this again and actually record it, much like Ter and Sub have done before and Ter is currently doing again. Let's see how far I actually get. Spoiler: Chapter one may indicate not very far so far))

Chapter 1

Well, today’s the day. Or rather, tonight is. Mom and I left Kanto ages ago and just arrived in the Alola region not too long ago. The flight was exhausting so I laid down for a nap before we started to really unpack. I’m kind of surprised the new house already had the bed set up. Looks like it’s built into the bedroom wall, actually. It’s cozy.

Meowth came and woke me up just a few minutes ago. I’m supposed to meet up with this weird Professor Kukui guy soon to get a Pokemon and start my new journey here in this region of islands. I was thinking about leaving back in Kanto and then mom told me we were moving so I decided to hold off on it until we got here. I’m glad I did. The island we live on now looks beautiful and I’m excited to explore it.

Following Meowth into the living room, I didn’t see mom anywhere at first and wondered where she was. Thankfully, I didn’t have to wonder for long. She walked in from the patio while I was still trying to guess where I should look for her first. Our conversation was just like the ones we had in Kanto a lot. I didn’t pay much attention. Someone’s knocking on the door this late? Mom sent me to open the door. It must be Kukui, she says. She’s probably right. I went to answer the door when the guy just let himself in. Excuse me?! Who invited you in, you shirtless pervert?!

Mom’s talking to the guy like they’re old friends and from the sound of it, maybe they are? Mom says she’s seen him taking on the Gym Circuit in Kanto years ago. Kukui says he was there for research? How old is this guy? Wait, what?! We’re going to get my Pokemon in the middle of the night? Is this some kind of euphemism for something creepy? Mom says I should go get my stuff and follow the professor. She trusts him. Maybe he’s not as bad as I think he is? I head to my room and grab my bag and my ball cap from the box I packed them in, fortunately stacked on top of another box. I forget what was in that one. Heading back into the living room, I unintentionally interrupt mom and Kukui’s conversation. Kukui’s complimenting my clothes. Back to creepy.

Apparently leaving my mom to unpack everything is cool now. Ok? I better not be grounded when I come back. I follow Kukui outside and he leads me along a fairly barren road next to the house and tells me a little about the region. Ok, I kinda like this version of him. He’s helpful and not creepy this way. When we reach the next town over, Iki Town, he says it’s called, he sends me to look for someone I’ve never met without so much as a vague description. Not so helpful anymore. I’m questioning what my mother likes about him more and more the longer I spend any time talking to him. Whatever, I’m not wasting my time looking around town for someone I can’t even begin to identify. I head toward the other side of town and far away from Kukui, figuring I’ll give him time to look for this “Kahuna” person on his own and when I come back, I’ll lie and say I couldn’t find them.

On the North side of this little village, not even worthy of being called a town by proper definition, I saw a young blond girl talking to her bag. Did she have a Pokemon hiding in there? Was that normal? Either way, she looks like some rich, preppy girl. I’m pretty sure I hate her already and I haven’t even met her yet. Either way, I follow her lead and head out of town, figuring Kukui won’t see me not looking around for my unidentifiable person of interesting if I’m not actually here. Stairs. Of course there are stairs on the island. There is mountain taking up a lot of the middle of the island. It must make it easier to walk around if the steps are put in steeper places. And there she is again, at the top of the stairs. By the time I get there, though, she’s losing her freaking mind. She begs me to help her “Nebby”. What the heck is a “Nebby”? Apparently it’s a sparkly fart with a face that’s some kind of Pokemon.

Why not save it, yourself, I wonder. You’re the Pokemon trainer here. She makes the answer apparent quickly. She’s a coward and a total wuss. I was right. I hate her. Especially since the bridge her Pokemon is now trapped by Spearow on is rickety and visibly falling apart. I get the feeling I’m going to die if I try to rescue her Pokemon. But I’m not coward. So I move quickly and almost lose my balance more than once rushing to this “Nebby” thing’s aid. And when I get there? The Spearow attack and I can’t fight back since I don’t have a Pokemon of my own. Except this little sparkly fart exploded and destroyed the bridge.

The next thing I knew, I’m back by the girl’s side and there’s some weird bird-looking thing putting a sparkly rock in my hands before it flies off. What. The. Heck? Lillie, I learned was her name, thanked me about a billion and ten times on the way back to Iki Town and explains that the thing that just saved me, which it wouldn’t have needed to do had it not been for her or her worthless fart, I wanted to remind her, was the island’s guardian Deity. I just got saved by a GOD?! I’ll never repay that debt. I’m indebted to a deity for the rest of my life now. Great. I hate you even more, Lillie.

Back in town, Kukui found us before we even had the chance to look for him. And he has some fat guy with him. Ok… maybe not fat. Just… big. Huge compared to Lillie and I. Turns out he’s the Kahuna. And he has my starter Pokemon to pick from. I picked Popplio. It was kinda cute. Plus I know people who would have picked Litten and I’ve had too many dreams of adventures with a Rowlet to separate fantasy from reality. So… Third best choice, right? Anyway… This Alola place has some weird customs. In Kanto, you just pick your Pokemon and go. Here, though? I had to let Popplio have the chance to choose me as it’s trainer. It did. Huzzahs all around. Exhausted from my near death experience and with some kind of surprise gift from the Kahuna coming tomorrow, I decided to head home and rest for the night. Except it can’t be that easy.

Some hyperactive kid charged me and challenged me to a battle and I’ve barely even chosen my starter. Fortunately, the Professor and the Kahuna stepped in and gave the kid a proverbial cold shower. He’s gonna wait until tomorrow when some kind of festival is being held. Sounds like I’m gonna be the guest of honor at that, too. Mazel tov. Finally getting home and getting some sleep, I met Kukui again in the morning. The guy just invited himself in again. Creepy. Again. Seriously, man, do you know what an invitation is or do you just give them to yourself?

Once again, Kukui is shirtless. Another day another lab coat. How about a shirt to go with it? Do you own any? Do you even know what a shirt is?! Once again following the creepy guy who invites himself into my home back to Iki Town, I put the festival behind my fairly quickly, claiming victory against the hyperactive kid from last night and getting something called a Z-Ring from the Kahuna. Hurray! Alolan accessories. Can’t complain about fancy stone jewelry. Doesn’t everyone like that? With a request from Kukui to meet him at route 1 after the festival was over, I headed home took short nap and then headed out to meet him. Ok, helpful Kukui is back. He’s teaching me to catch a Pokemon. Useful information, I suppose, if it wasn’t second nature to almost every human to understand the concept, if not the execution, of catching Pokemon. Either way, he left me alone, finally, with a gift of a few Pokeballs and I took the chance to try my hand at adding to my team. I caught a bird Pokemon called Pikipek fairly quickly. It didn’t seem to be too strong, really and I almost knocked it out.

After catching it, I went home to rest for a bit and ended up staying home the rest of the night. I’ll start my exploration for real tomorrow morning. And of course, first thing in the morning, I met Lillie outside my front door. Apparently the professor sent her to bring me to his house. Ok, creepy levels have reached critical mass but this preppy girl I hate won’t let me go anywhere else and keeps harassing me to follow her.Grreat. Fine. Following after Lillie, I ended up getting into several unwarranted battles I didn’t consent to and caught another bird. This time it was a Wingull. When did I become a Bird Keeper? Can I trade this one in for a newer model or something? I’m standing outside Kukui’s house at the moment and trying to decide if I should go in or not… At least now I know why he keeps coming over so much. We’re literally neighbors.

Well, today’s the day. Or rather, tonight is. Mom and I left Kanto ages ago and just arrived in the Alola region not too long ago. The flight was exhausting so I laid down for a nap before we started to really unpack. I’m kind of surprised the new house already had the bed set up. Looks like it’s built into the bedroom wall, actually. It’s cozy.

Meowth came and woke me up just a few minutes ago. I’m supposed to meet up with this weird Professor Kukui guy soon to get a Pokemon and start my new journey here in this region of islands. I was thinking about leaving back in Kanto and then mom told me we were moving so I decided to hold off on it until we got here. I’m glad I did. The island we live on now looks beautiful and I’m excited to explore it.

Following Meowth into the living room, I didn’t see mom anywhere at first and wondered where she was. Thankfully, I didn’t have to wonder for long. She walked in from the patio while I was still trying to guess where I should look for her first. Our conversation was just like the ones we had in Kanto a lot. I didn’t pay much attention. Someone’s knocking on the door this late? Mom sent me to open the door. It must be Kukui, she says. She’s probably right. I went to answer the door when the guy just let himself in. Excuse me?! Who invited you in, you shirtless pervert?!

Mom’s talking to the guy like they’re old friends and from the sound of it, maybe they are? Mom says she’s seen him taking on the Gym Circuit in Kanto years ago. Kukui says he was there for research? How old is this guy? Wait, what?! We’re going to get my Pokemon in the middle of the night? Is this some kind of euphemism for something creepy? Mom says I should go get my stuff and follow the professor. She trusts him. Maybe he’s not as bad as I think he is? I head to my room and grab my bag and my ball cap from the box I packed them in, fortunately stacked on top of another box. I forget what was in that one. Heading back into the living room, I unintentionally interrupt mom and Kukui’s conversation. Kukui’s complimenting my clothes. Back to creepy.

Apparently leaving my mom to unpack everything is cool now. Ok? I better not be grounded when I come back. I follow Kukui outside and he leads me along a fairly barren road next to the house and tells me a little about the region. Ok, I kinda like this version of him. He’s helpful and not creepy this way. When we reach the next town over, Iki Town, he says it’s called, he sends me to look for someone I’ve never met without so much as a vague description. Not so helpful anymore. I’m questioning what my mother likes about him more and more the longer I spend any time talking to him. Whatever, I’m not wasting my time looking around town for someone I can’t even begin to identify. I head toward the other side of town and far away from Kukui, figuring I’ll give him time to look for this “Kahuna” person on his own and when I come back, I’ll lie and say I couldn’t find them.

On the North side of this little village, not even worthy of being called a town by proper definition, I saw a young blond girl talking to her bag. Did she have a Pokemon hiding in there? Was that normal? Either way, she looks like some rich, preppy girl. I’m pretty sure I hate her already and I haven’t even met her yet. Either way, I follow her lead and head out of town, figuring Kukui won’t see me not looking around for my unidentifiable person of interesting if I’m not actually here. Stairs. Of course there are stairs on the island. There is mountain taking up a lot of the middle of the island. It must make it easier to walk around if the steps are put in steeper places. And there she is again, at the top of the stairs. By the time I get there, though, she’s losing her freaking mind. She begs me to help her “Nebby”. What the heck is a “Nebby”? Apparently it’s a sparkly fart with a face that’s some kind of Pokemon.

Why not save it, yourself, I wonder. You’re the Pokemon trainer here. She makes the answer apparent quickly. She’s a coward and a total wuss. I was right. I hate her. Especially since the bridge her Pokemon is now trapped by Spearow on is rickety and visibly falling apart. I get the feeling I’m going to die if I try to rescue her Pokemon. But I’m not coward. So I move quickly and almost lose my balance more than once rushing to this “Nebby” thing’s aid. And when I get there? The Spearow attack and I can’t fight back since I don’t have a Pokemon of my own. Except this little sparkly fart exploded and destroyed the bridge.

The next thing I knew, I’m back by the girl’s side and there’s some weird bird-looking thing putting a sparkly rock in my hands before it flies off. What. The. Heck? Lillie, I learned was her name, thanked me about a billion and ten times on the way back to Iki Town and explains that the thing that just saved me, which it wouldn’t have needed to do had it not been for her or her worthless fart, I wanted to remind her, was the island’s guardian Deity. I just got saved by a GOD?! I’ll never repay that debt. I’m indebted to a deity for the rest of my life now. Great. I hate you even more, Lillie.

Back in town, Kukui found us before we even had the chance to look for him. And he has some fat guy with him. Ok… maybe not fat. Just… big. Huge compared to Lillie and I. Turns out he’s the Kahuna. And he has my starter Pokemon to pick from. I picked Popplio. It was kinda cute. Plus I know people who would have picked Litten and I’ve had too many dreams of adventures with a Rowlet to separate fantasy from reality. So… Third best choice, right? Anyway… This Alola place has some weird customs. In Kanto, you just pick your Pokemon and go. Here, though? I had to let Popplio have the chance to choose me as it’s trainer. It did. Huzzahs all around. Exhausted from my near death experience and with some kind of surprise gift from the Kahuna coming tomorrow, I decided to head home and rest for the night. Except it can’t be that easy.

Some hyperactive kid charged me and challenged me to a battle and I’ve barely even chosen my starter. Fortunately, the Professor and the Kahuna stepped in and gave the kid a proverbial cold shower. He’s gonna wait until tomorrow when some kind of festival is being held. Sounds like I’m gonna be the guest of honor at that, too. Mazel tov. Finally getting home and getting some sleep, I met Kukui again in the morning. The guy just invited himself in again. Creepy. Again. Seriously, man, do you know what an invitation is or do you just give them to yourself?

Once again, Kukui is shirtless. Another day another lab coat. How about a shirt to go with it? Do you own any? Do you even know what a shirt is?! Once again following the creepy guy who invites himself into my home back to Iki Town, I put the festival behind my fairly quickly, claiming victory against the hyperactive kid from last night and getting something called a Z-Ring from the Kahuna. Hurray! Alolan accessories. Can’t complain about fancy stone jewelry. Doesn’t everyone like that? With a request from Kukui to meet him at route 1 after the festival was over, I headed home took short nap and then headed out to meet him. Ok, helpful Kukui is back. He’s teaching me to catch a Pokemon. Useful information, I suppose, if it wasn’t second nature to almost every human to understand the concept, if not the execution, of catching Pokemon. Either way, he left me alone, finally, with a gift of a few Pokeballs and I took the chance to try my hand at adding to my team. I caught a bird Pokemon called Pikipek fairly quickly. It didn’t seem to be too strong, really and I almost knocked it out.

After catching it, I went home to rest for a bit and ended up staying home the rest of the night. I’ll start my exploration for real tomorrow morning. And of course, first thing in the morning, I met Lillie outside my front door. Apparently the professor sent her to bring me to his house. Ok, creepy levels have reached critical mass but this preppy girl I hate won’t let me go anywhere else and keeps harassing me to follow her.Grreat. Fine. Following after Lillie, I ended up getting into several unwarranted battles I didn’t consent to and caught another bird. This time it was a Wingull. When did I become a Bird Keeper? Can I trade this one in for a newer model or something? I’m standing outside Kukui’s house at the moment and trying to decide if I should go in or not… At least now I know why he keeps coming over so much. We’re literally neighbors.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:47 pm
Chapter 2

As I walked up to his front porch, Kukui’s house rattled at it’s very foundation. What is that man doing?

“Oh yeah, Rockruff! Let’s go! Give it everything you’ve got! My body is ready!”

Did… Did I just hear what I think I did? I’m officially concerned about this guy’s sanity and his qualifications to be near children. Who decided this man wasn’t a threat to himself and others? I was too distracted by the horrible images ravaging my mind to notice Lillie was there at first but, according to her, she’s been staying with the professor for the last few months. Totally not suspicious but whatever. If she’s not filing any police reports, I can’t really say much, can I?

Lillie invited me to follow her inside, complaining about the Professor’s recklessness when he’s doing research the whole way. Inside the Professor’s house was pretty cool, I can’t deny that. The giant fish tank was pretty awesome. Apparently the Professor asked Lillie to fetch me so he could upgrade the PokeDex he gave me last night. I was so tired after everything that had happened, I had actually forgotten to even bother looking at it any before now. Regardless, I was more than a little surprised when he told me my PokeDex had a Rotom in it. It was a strange-looking thing, I realized when I took it out. According to the professor, it was specifically designed for Rotom to use but it was missing an important part or two to be working properly and he’d just gotten the parts.

When he got done fixing it, I was astonished, I’ll admit, to have my Pokedex talking back to me. I’d heard rumors of PokeDexes with personalities for years. But never seen one with my own eyes.

And then that hyperactive kid from my first night in Alola barged in. Does no one know how to knock and wait for an invitation around here? I’ll be honest, I tuned the kid out pretty quickly. He’s kind of annoying. Scratch that. He’s -super- annoying. Somewhere during my ignoring of the hyperactive kid, who I just remembered introducing himself as Hau at some point, I heard the Professor and Lillie explaining about some kind of Island Trial. Sounds kinda like the Alola region’s version of the Pokemon League back in Kanto. The Trials sound like their version of Gyms and the Kahunas kinda like suped up Gym Leaders? It didn’t make the most sense but I figure, what the heck? I’ll take a run at it and figure it out for myself as I go. I had been wanting to go on a Pokemon journey for a long time, after all. This would just make it more interesting.

It was recommended that I go to the Trainer’s School before I hit the road, properly and I can kinda understand why. I’m a novice, by all technicalities, after all. So took the suggestion to heart and headed that direction after a short rest back at home to make sure my Pokemon and I were in top condition. The place was literally a hop, skip and jump from my new house. And one unwarranted stop at the Pokemon Center between the two locations ala the preppy girl I hate; Lillie. Once I had assured her cowardly butt that I was familiar with what a Pokemon Center was, I continued on toward my destination, reaching the Trainer’s School in no time and all.

And was then set upon a gauntlet I had no interest in participating in. Unfortunately, having checked outside before entering, there was a stubborn Tauros blocking the road and I didn’t feel like going the way of a Pyroar trampled beneath a one Pokemon stampede. So the gauntlet it is, I suppose. Wandering the schoolyard for a while, I curtly stomped a young girl with a tennis racket, then proceeded to obliterate a small child who’s far too young to be a Pokemon trainer before getting lucky enough to catch something that wasn’t weak to Electric-types; A Grimer. It wasn’t anything like the Grimer I was familiar with in Kanto, so I assumed it was one of those regional variants I’d read about while preparing for the move here.

Not too much later, I’d defeated yet another small child before finding another trainer outside on the tennis court. Who, strangely enough, was not a tennis player? I beat him, too. Cue one Lillie to make an appearance and make assumptions about my character. I hate her so much. The girl seemed to bring bad luck with her. I was ,immediately afterward, called to the Principal’s office. What did I do?! Bullying kids through Pokemon battles is totally normal in Kanto. Whatever. Heading to the office to see what punishment I was to be dealt, I found myself not being punished but, instead being rewarded? Sort of. The Principal wanted me to battle her to prove what I had learned while I was beating her students to a pulp. OK?

The battle’s over in minutes. Addendum: Oh God! Grimer’s dead and It’s my fault! I forced it into battle against that psycho’s Magnemite without even giving it any time to train and now it’s dead! Rest easy Trashmouth.... You will not be forgotten. Sonnet(my Popplio. Did I ever mention names? I’ll try and remember that in the future.) avenged you with a lucky Water Gun shorting the thing out and it managed to beat down her regional variant Meowth with it’s Disarming Voice with a little help from a boatload of Potions. I am so glad I had those, even if I normally don’t like using them.

I headed straight to the Pokemon Center and, after giving Trashmouth a proper send off and having my surviving team members healed, I headed toward Hau’oli city, still grieving. Kahuna Hala and Hau were standing around the Tauros from earlier still blocking the road but according to Hala, he was in the process of ushering it away. But he freaking forced me to pet the dumb cow first! I don’t want to pet this blasted thing! It’s been a colossal pain in everyone’s neck and doesn’t deserve anyone’s affection for being one. After Hala finally removed the bovine blockade, I finally made it to Hau’oli City, but not before spending a few minutes hanging out on the beach and inappropriately enjoying some eye candy. Hey, I’m young, not immune to enjoying something everyone else likes. Beach bodies are still nice, even for me.

Heading into the city itself, at last, I found myself promptly dragged into the Tourist Bureau by Hau. Uh, hello? Not a tourist. I live on the outskirts of town, doofus. Ugh. The ladies inside were nice enough to upgrade my RotomDex again, though. For some reason or another, this thing seems to be loaded with potential upgrades? Whatever. Now I can take pictures with the PokeDex, I guess? Why? I can’t imagine when I would actually want to use that feature? Except for immediately outside the building. Some guy standing outside seems to have been stalking me and somehow knows about my upgrade without having been inside the building. And he forced me to use it for his amusement. I need an adult! Not this one, though. He’s broken, I think.

Once my photographic ordeal was done, I finally got the chance to explore the city freely. And, of course, my first step was to walk into the grass nearby and see what kind of Pokemon called the city their home. What did I find, of course? A Magnemite of my own! After a fairly short battle and down by a single Great Ball, I added Magnus to my team before continuing on to explore the city further.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces