Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:14 pm
[10.02.183 - The day after the Weyrlings arrive at Fort.
Time of day: Later afternoon, near sunset.
Weather: Cold but clear and calm.

After an evening and a day to settle themselves and their new bondmates into the barracks at Fort Weyr it was time to belatedly celebrate their hatching and successful Impressions. Although it was cold in Fort's weyrbowl the late afternoon sky was clear and the air was still. As warmly dressed celebrants began to fill the bowl hurrying weyrfolk brought out the last of the food from the kitchens and began to carve slices from the whole beasts that had been roasting off to one side for most of the day. Harpers tuned their instruments by the dance square, dragons peered down from their ledges, and upon a small stage W'dol and D'lana awaited the new weyrlings to present them with their knots. This was a duty that would usually fall to the rider of the clutching dragon but M'rio was nowhere to be seen, although this would likely not come as a surprise to anyone given the goldrider's failing health.

One by one the young pairs were called forward to receive their knots and the exuberant greeting of the Weyr; twenty seven new dragons, twelve of them green. After the last weyrling had stepped down from the stage to thunderous applause W'dol raised a hand for silence.

"As well as welcoming our new Weyrlings, we gather here today to honour M'rio and his brave companions. Please, riders, join us on the stage."

Once the entourage had made their way up D'lana stepped forward holding a small bag, from which she began to take beautiful oval brooches - fine quality semi-precious stones set in gold. "Each of you came here knowing that it would likely lead to the death of your dragon, and for that we thank you. Please accept these as a token of Fort's gratitude, and as badges of honour to bear with you no matter what comes to pass." As she spoke D'lana handed one brooch to each rider in turn; greenriders received one set with jade, blueriders azurite, brownriders tiger's eye, and the lone whiterider moonstone. Finally D'lana held aloft a brooch, the stone of which glimmered yellow-gold. "And finally for goldrider M'rio, who regrets that he cannot join us this evening. I will present him with this later, and pass on the deep gratitude that I am sure all of you feel as fervently as I do."

After a pause for applause W'dol stepped forward once more and, after a brief smile to the entourage, he cleared his throat and made a sweeping gesture over the bowl. "Let the feast commence!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:36 am
L'ux & Cochith

With new blue knots on his shoulder, and a new cuddly blue dragon pressed against his leg, L'ux couldn't stop grinning. Once the applause for the southern entourage had died away he lowered his hand to rub Cochith between the headknobs, his hide was slightly rough - not like the usual suede soft that dragons were known for - but the healers weren't worried and so nor was L'ux.

"Don't know about anyone else but I'm up for some grub!" L'ux announced to his classmates. "Anyone else coming? I want to get in while the best bits are still there!" There'd be crackling off the roast porcines, the meat would be hot and fresh, and probably the bread too!

The meat sounds very nice, I would like to try a bit! Cochith hummed as he picked up a jumble of delicious memories from his rider's mind. Only a little though, he added after a moment, I'm still full from our last meal really.

[Feel free to approach!]  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 am
V' & Lithustoth

Ugh.

Ugh!

Just.... Ugh.

V' listened impatiently to the prattling from the Weyrleaders; yeah yeah they were all very grateful and all that but did they have to go on about it? Her clothes were irritating her too, the new smart boots she'd bought at Turn's End pinched her feet because they weren't worn in yet and the high neck of her fancy leather doublet was really pissing her off.

As V' ran a finger around her collar Lithustoth grumbled up on her ledge, she'd awoken in a very bad temper today and nothing could shake it. Normally her bad moods flashed and flared hot and fast but today it was just hanging over her like a heavy cloud.

It must be nearly that time again.

V' grimaced. Yeah. I wish it wasn't so shaffing- she finished the mental sentence with a feeling of frustration. I hope it doesn't last too long this time. Last time it'd been more than a week, and she'd been about ready to smash the skull of the next person who as much as breathed in her direction.

At least there's good food, and you should check on the new greens.

Right. As the applause died away V' rolled her shoulders and headed towards the serving area, a good meal and a cup or two of wine should at least take the edge off her crackling temper.

[Feel free to approach!]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:33 pm
D'lana & Liarth

With her formal duties dispensed, D'lana descended the steps that led from the small stage back down into the throng. As was her wont she was clad all in white, a warm woollen gown of plain design but fine make paired with a cloak lined with feline fur - an extravagance, but a very warm extravagance. As she headed in the direction of the food and drink at an unhurried pace she felt Sweetheart appear nearby, and smiled as the golden firelizard swooped around to alight on her shoulders.

"There you are," she murmured fondly, reaching up to rub the firelizard's tiny head. "I've been wondering where you were all afternoon, what have you been up to?"

Sweetheart yawned and stretched, which was a fair indicator that she'd been asleep.

"But of course, as soon as I think of food here you are," D'lana concluded with a smirk; firelizards, they were dependable when it came to dinnertime.

[Feel free to approach!]  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out