[prp] Disintegrating (Tordy, Cynchie)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm
While he hadn’t secluded himself from his class or refused to participate, T’oda was struggling. His most important connection was gone. Not just gone, though. It had shattered. He didn’t have to imagine that this was what he would have felt if T’ves had died. He’d experienced death before. It felt the same. Only worse. T’ves hadn’t died. The bond between them had.

T’ves wanted nothing to do with him. What was T’oda supposed to do now? Everything felt like failure. He had strangers around him, strangers he didn’t care whether he made them proud. He didn’t care whether he made someone smile. The only thing he found himself caring about was Sativuth. He hated that he couldn’t stop the thought it was Sativuth’s fault T’ves hated him.

It is his fault for not anticipating this. the bronze protested.

“I know,” he said. “I’m trying.”

If you make friends, things will be better. Let’s try. No more tears, mine!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:45 pm
Cynchie knew that she had a crush on him. Every time she looked at him her cheeks flared bright pink. She couldn't help that. But she also felt sorry for him. Everyone knew of the chasm that had formed between To'da and his brother T'ves. He did not deserve this kind of pain. So for these two reasons she wanted to, but couldn't quite make herself, get to know him a little better. He needed a friend, someone he could count on.

Big sister Cynsizk nudged her while they worked side by side. "Why don't you say 'hi'? There's nothing wrong with that."

If you don't, I'll tell Sativuth that you like his rider.

"You wouldn't dare!" Cynchie hissed under her breath in horror.

You know I would, Chiwoth snickered. She loved gossip, and this was better than most.

"Fine." Cynchie made sure she was done with what she was doing and rose to her feet. Her hands, back, legs, everything! ached from all the work the weyrlings had to do. She knew she would get used to it with time, but she couldn't help but whimper a little under her breath.

She approached To'da. "Hello." It was then that she realized he had been crying. "Oh." She reached into a pocket and pulled out a handkerchief. She had not yet used it, so she felt nothing wrong with offering it to him. "Here, if you want."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:56 pm
Oh no. He knew that voice. To’da immediately went pink. His eyes widened. “Cynchie! Hi!” Je hurriedly wiped at his eyes. “Hi,” he repeated. “How are you—uh—“ Why was it hard to talk to her? She was pretty, she was kind... Ugh. Shards. He swallowed.

“Sorry,” he said. “D’you want to grab something to eat?” Maybe they could convince the kitchen workers to give them an extra bubblypie. And anyway, food was some distraction from what was eating at him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Cynchie hesitated. Would food help him? She decided that it would hopefully distract him from what was upsetting him. Only a couple of heartbeats had passed when she nodded and smiled as she replied: "Sure. That would be nice."  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 am
“Great!” He hadn’t expected her to agree. He smiled and offered, “I bet I can grab us a bubblypie each. Sativuth can distract the kitchen workers.” Small talk was hard, he realized, as he led Cynchie towards the kitchens.

“So are all your siblings dragonriders?” He asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 am
Sativuth: Mine becomes bad with words when he’s around this girl.

Chiwoth: Maybe he has a crush on her.

Sativuth: Oooh. What’s that?

Chiwoth: I don't know but mine-- it happens sometimes to humans, she says.

Sativuth: Humans are weird

Chiwoth: Mine is not weird. She is perfect.
Chiwoth: Yours can be weird.

Sativuth: mine is weird around yours. But he is also perfect
Sativuth: What do we do if mine has a crush

Chiwoth: I don't think we need to do anything. It's just a thing... that humans feel.

Sativuth: Oh. Hm... maybe it will go away  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:42 pm
Cynchie grinned and blinked at his exclamation, but her face fell a little when he suggested what sounded like stealing. "Oh, can't we just ask for them? I'm sure they would just give them to us." Wasn't that what the kitchens were for? Feeding them, yes, but when wanted a snack there should always be something there, ready just in case.

"Oh no, my two eldest brothers are not riders; one who is a Harper and one who will be my father's heir. Then of course my three siblings who are riders. We're all weyrlings still, though I am the youngest."

She noticed that their dragons were heavy in conversation over something. "Our dragons seem to get along well. I'm glad. The hatching was scary." It had been a short while already but the events within it were still fresh in her memory."  
Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games