View Results

John Stamos is in a tree

Rainbow Cat

14,750 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:53 pm
We were gonna get it anyway but apparently get a year free with Verizon surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 am
John Stamos is in a tree
We were gonna get it anyway but apparently get a year free with Verizon surprised
I do wish you good luck with that.

My biggest problem with temporarily free is how difficult some companies make it to drop the free service. I actually had one company refuse to accept anything less than a mailed letter requesting the service to be cancelled and then they were very dodgy about giving a single correct cancelling mailing address. That free service cost me $45 and I NEVER actually used it. Live and learn used to be what I would say. So my moral is "if it sounds too good to be true..."  

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50

John Stamos is in a tree

Rainbow Cat

14,750 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:37 am
longaps
John Stamos is in a tree

My biggest problem with temporarily free is how difficult some companies make it to drop the free service. I actually had one company refuse to accept anything less than a mailed letter requesting the service to be cancelled and then they were very dodgy about giving a single correct cancelling mailing address. That free service cost me $45 and I NEVER actually used it. Live and learn used to be what I would say. So my moral is "if it sounds too good to be true..."

Ouch! I mean true but we were planning on getting it anyway so the 7 bucks a month was still accounted for. Good point though  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:01 am
John Stamos is in a tree
longaps
John Stamos is in a tree

Ouch! I mean true but we were planning on getting it anyway so the 7 bucks a month was still accounted for. Good point though
I guess if you had intended to pay for it anyway it doesn't really cost you unless you are under contract. Do you have a two year contract with Verizon? If so you may be required to keep your current channels for two years even if it is (currently) only $7 per month for the second year. It is usually the $5 here and $10 there, etc that drive the otherwise affordable cost through the affordability roof. I recently had a conversation with our cable provider and they informed me that dropping our home phone (due to nothing but scammer calls) would cost me more per month than the savings we are getting with the bundled package. They said I was on a plan that made Phone, Cable, & Internet cost about $100 combined and I was but you charge me $172 each month and they explained to me that I paid $72 above the package price for all the extra's like DVR service, multiple receivers, etc, etc, etc.  

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items