Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] New Arrivals In Underland (See 1st Post)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:08 pm
((This is a private RP featuring various ponies belonging to Saint Vis, Silver Metallic Dragon, Odet Amo as well as myself. Please do not post here unless you have been invited, added to the above list, and your ponies included in this post. Feel free to PM/DM to request to join!))

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(( Latonia // Saint // Silver // Odet ))

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:52 pm
Quote:
Winding his way into the centermost point of Royals Grove within the Underland Territory, Zinger bowed his head in greeting to the indigo Cheshire Cat that awaited him. Whether she was his Aunt or not, he was honor-bound to offer the Queen -his Queen- the honorable greeting she deserved. He grinned widely at the return nod he received, flicking his tail in contentment.

"I am honored by your trust, Aunt," He murmured as he straightened, offering her a wide grin. "It is my pleasure to guard your children while you attend to matters of herd interest. I trust you'll treat yourself to a meal while you're out? Perhaps visit with your loyal subjects?"

Zinger Wordcount: 113

Quote:
Awoken from her dose at the sound of velvet paws on the approach, Ekaterina Hopscotch unwound herself from where she had been drowsing while wrapped around her three baskets, and climbed to her paws. The noble bulk of her nephew drifted into view a moment later, the proud young stallion's head crowned with branching antlers that seemed likely to one day rival the oaks they lived below. She gave him a greeting grin and a flick of her ears, stretching slightly.

"There's my favorite nephew," Katya teased, cheek-rubbing the stallion with a purred greeting. "Zinger, sweet Zinger, do your favorite aunt a favor and watch over the royal kitlings for awhile? I have an audience or two with allies and potential allies I can't get out of, and I need your mother's help as well."

Katya Is Maxxed

Quote:
"I am your only nephew, but you are indeed my favorite aunt." Zinger grinned. "But yes, I would be happy to lend you aid in this, your hour of need."

It was rather well-known that the Ladies of Underland were a close-knit group, as close as sisters in exile could be. Particularly those sisters who were united against a common enemy, focused on the shared goal of building their own home in a new homeland. Their journey to this place had not been a smooth one, and followers had turned their backs on this path along the way, but some of them persevered. And now they were settled, were established, were flourishing. Not an easy road or a quick one, but well worth taking.

As the only son born in this new land, as one of the only three foals yet born to the family, Zinger felt the weight of family obligation. When it was announced that the Queen, his Aunt Katya, had welcomed three baskets that weight both lessened and grew. Being charged with guiding the First Family of Underland, the Heirs to his Aunt, was a duty Zinger took with the utmost dedication. Such a task wasn't one he could accomplish until the foals actually stepped out of the baskets, so he took to guarding them with Katya had to attend to matters personally.

Coiling his bulk gently around the three, he bowed his head to the nearest woven lid and adopted a mischievous and somewhat conspiring tone. "Hello again, little ones. It's your big cousin again... Do you want to hear another story?"

Zinger Wordcount: 266

Zinger Wordcount Total: 379

Quote:

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:06 pm
Quote:

Meru moved through the Royals Grove, her antlers showing themselves at this time of year, they looked much like Zinger's while bare, her ribbons dancing up them to keep them warm while the leaves are gone. Her long tail flexing back and forth as she waltzed by. Stopping abruptly for a moment when she heard her brother's voice.

Truthfully it was much easier to hear his voice amongst the crowd of ladies; than to play the guessing game on which Aunt or if her mother was talking around corners. Watching as the purply blue Aunt she knew fondly as their Queen waltzed away she noticed the baskets and Zinger. The two siblings seemed to often settle down with each other, Zinger and Meru working more like twins. She tilted her head lightly.

"May I listen in?" She asked her brother. Looking to the baskets brightly. Moving to settle in near her brother and play with her cards, not being very good at staying still.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:10 pm
Rolling around in her basket, the middle child of Queen Katya snuggled back into the heat that her mother provided. Mama was always so warm and cuddly; her love for the three of them radiating through the dyed wicker they rested in. The princess was comforted by the scents of her sister and brother, though she could feel her brother’s paw digging into her backside through their baskets. The smooth murmurs and rumblings outside signaled the appearance of her second favorite voice next to mama. Granted, the princess was only used to a few voices and smells; Zinger was undoubtedly high on her list of Underland dwellers. He always told the best stories! And as the soft scent of her other cousin Meru permeated the air, the young was content. All of her favorites in one spot! The only one missing was papa, but she knew he would come around to see them soon. He always did. Rattling off a soft purr of her own, she curled herself as close as she could to the heat her cousin provided, happily awaiting the stories he would share.

Word Count: 186  

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:16 pm
Quote:
Fancying he could hear a soft purr from inside one of the three baskets, Zinger rumbled a fondly contented noise of his own and pretended to consider his options. "Right then, a story you shall have. Hmmm... But which should I tell, I wonder? What about the time the two Angeni caught the terrifying Skinwalker, known for snacking on little foals? Then again, that might be too scary for you young ones. Your mother would likely have my hide, turn it into a nice rug and hold audiences over me... A cautionary tale to any who might cross her. So then, definitely not. I certainly have no wish to be turned into a rug. Hmm, what about the time the Dark Prince fought an Angel? Regardless of the story, of course, it would have to begin with 'once upon a time', because if I haven't said it yet, little ones? No story worth telling would ever start any other way than 'once upon a time'..."

He paused at the arrival of his sister, flashing a quicksilver grin up at her when she stepped into view. Meru was easy to love, his younger sister, and certainly the one he spent the most time within their Clan. "What's this then, my little cousins? Your big cousin Meru is here too, for a story. Won't that be nice? I had better tell a good one then, perhaps not about the time our antlers got tangled when we were younger... That is far too ridiculous to retell in front of her very nose."

Zinger Wordcount: 259

Quote:
An attempt to stretch out, considering the current confines of the basket, was not particularly wise nor particularly successful. The Queen's only colt grumbled in annoyance as the canes of his confines creaked but held, stubbornly refusing to yield even when faced with stubborn paws and lashing tail and an arching back.

Foiled and annoyed by it, the colt grumbled and struck out in a flurry of paws, ending with one planted firmly against the curve of a nearby basket. One of his sisters was surely on the other end of the resistance, curled quietly in her confines and rumbling faintly as she purred in contentment. The sound seemed to travel from basket to basket, and Blu settled with the contact and the soothing sound echoing around him. A story would be good, comforting, and he could fight against his basket again later.

The arrival of his other cousin and the soothing sound of shuffling cards earned a fond chirp out of him as he settled, curling his cheek to his haunches and letting his eyes drift shut. Being surrounded by his family was good, a story would be good.

Blu Wordcount: 190

Quote:
"Please make yourself comfortable, Sister Dearest, it is always a pleasure to be in your company." Zinger gave his sister a grin and a fond tap of his tail, watching her self-soothing shuffling of the cards begin as soon as she was comfortable.

"Well then, now I will have to be certain the story is a good one," He sighed thoughtfully. "You see, Meru is a very discerning sort, being a Princess and all. And she's known me our whole lives, which means many of my stories she's heard or lived through or both. That makes her a difficult audience to please, Little Cousins, but I am ever so fond of a challenge."

He pretended to think for a moment, winking one burning eye at his sister. "Aha! Very well then, I think I have just the thing! It's certainly one you haven't heard before, so I think we'll begin! Once upon a time, in a land far far away and nearer than one might think, there were many pretty sisters that lived together in a palace..."

Zinger Wordcount: 177

Quote:
Though he's able to spend several heartbeats in a position that approaches comfortable, it is not nearly long enough. Just as Zinger seems to have made up his mind and moved on from considering his options to selecting a story, the young blue colt feels an itch of restlessness creeping along his spine.

His grumble of annoyance is masked by his cousin's cheerful statement and the sound of a new story beginning. It's enough to give him pause, stretching one pawed leg out and sinking his claws into the canes contemplatively.

'OUT!' He thinks with a low growl and a flattening of his ears, petulant and uncomfortable. 'But... Storytime...'

Blu Wordcount: 109

Zinger Total Wordcount: 436
Blu Total Wordcount: 299

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am
The princess was getting more and more restless, the canes of her basket poking and stabbing at her flank and shoulders at every turn. Even the calming words of her favorite cousins, usually quick to calm her restless little legs, weren't working this time. It appeared she was growing out of her little wicker sanctuary, and it was time for her to see the real world. It was a rather scary proposition, sticking her nose out there, pushing the lid up. But, with her cousins there, she knew she was safe. Wouldn't mama be shocked to see her out and about when she got back! Devora could tell her brother was getting rather restless next to her, as her sister was beginning her stirrings as well. Steeling her nerve, the filly chirped in response to her cousins voices, and began her attempts at extraction.

Pressing her snout towards the lip of the basket, the young princess pressed against the seal, rather startled when it began to give way without much fuss. Then again, if they couldn't get out these wouldn't be very practical, would they? One more solid shove to the lid of the basket and out she was, blinking at the harsh light that greeted her. Perhaps she should have gone a little slower. Shaking her head, the filly sat up in her basket blinking at the pair before her. She purred up at them happily, please as punch to be free of her confines. And now she could hear the story better!

Devora WC: 254  

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:31 am

Chuckling deeply, Meru smiled at the amusement that had come from the antler tussle. "I recall that you were both the one who figured out how to untangle our antlers as well as the one who tangled them up in the first place."

Meru's ears fumbled on top of her head, to listen in, into the story her brother would tell their little cousins. It was evident there were stirrings happening in two of them. As Zinger began she saw a nose form in Devora's basket Meru leaned forward and her dark green eyes slit like their mother's and aunts'. Her cards stopped shuffling as she perked up like a cat.

Her tail flickering left and right, and even bumping into Zinger's with a slight tap. At Devora's chirp she pawed at Zinger as to alarm him but purrhaps not to bother him while he told his story. She allowed her own odd purr (it was more fox-like in its sound) rumble up her chest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:02 pm
Quote:
Once again distracted from his current course of thinking, Zinger paused to shoot his sister an amused look. Curling his lips in a grin with a flash of teeth, he winked a burning bright eye at her and gave her an affectionate thwap with his forked tail. "You would say that, wouldn't you Meru? Little Cousins, I would like to warn you here and now that you should always be most cautious about what you may hear. From your cousin Meru, for example, I urge you to consider the likelihood that what she is claiming to recall is an erroneous memory. A stellar effort in discrediting me, likely because I am clearly the frontrunner to become your favorite cousin once you all decide to join the herd. So then, I will take credit for untangling us, but I submit the possibility that it was her fault we got tangled in the first place."

He chuffed playfully at his sister, letting her know he was teasing, then shifted slightly. "But at any rate, that is wildly off the topic. I promised you all a story, did I not, and a story you shall have because I am a stallion of my word. So then, in a land very far from here, in a world quite topsy-turvy from the one we live in, there were many wondrous islands. And in one of these wondrous islands, was a palace at the heart of a kingdom, the home to many pretty sisters. These pretty sisters were light of paw and bright of eye, and had many marvelous abilities that led them on many exciting adventures."

Zinger Wordcount: 271

Quote:
Growing more and more ill at ease within his confinement, the lone Prince shifts restlessly between his sister baskets, listening to the creak and pop of each cane. The louder snaps that denoted one of his siblings making progress with her own confines drew his attention, his ears flicking in her direction. He hesitated for a moment, contemplating his options, then shifted and unfurled one foreleg. Unsheathing his claws with a low growl, Blu raised his paw and dug his claws into the roof of his basket. With a drag of his paw and a stretch, he split part of the seam on his basket and stretched his nose toward the slowly widening opening.

"Out!" He muttered with a petulant little growl, gnawing at some of the split canes and dragging his claws through several more of the confining strips until they parted.

After another series of annoyed nudges and restless stretches, it seemed to be enough at last. The strange magic of the breeding basket finally seemed to give, relaxing its protective grip on his basket in a whisper of pressure change and resulting in a pop of his ears. Blu gave a victorious little growl, shoving the lid of his basket aside and peering out, grinning at the sight of his sister already sitting up and staring at their cousins.

Blu Wordcount: 222

Quote:
"The greatest of these marvelous adventures was the first for the whole group of siblings, and arguably the greatest, as it was the last in their homeland." Zinger continued to weave his story over the soft creak and snap of breaking canes, over the annoyed sniffling of slowly escaping foals and the sound of claws.

His sister's gentle interruption and the warning tap of her tail attracted his attention to the opening of one of the blue baskets, and he grinned at the sight of prismatic hair and a slowly emerging filly. She had a wide grin and short fuzzy ears, and looked to be made entirely made of mischief by his estimation. That alone made him grin, he was certain this new generation of royals would be quite entertaining.

"Hello, Little Cousin," He rumbled at the sight of the churring filly, grinning at how pleased she seemed to be sitting up in her basket. "You look like you'll be a pawful, at least. And look here, your brother seems reluctant to let you have all the fun. The two of you seem to be the impatient sort, I am sure your mother will be thrilled to hear of it."

Zinger Wordcount: 200

Quote:
Giving a soft snuffle at the edge of his basket, Blu idly gnawed at the edge of one of the broken canes and tilted his head to consider his two elder cousins. They both seemed quite pleased to behold Devi out of her basket, so he gave a faint shrug and set about unwinding his own limbs. Flailing his tail out of the basket as he scrambled to his haunches, Blu grumbled as his basket rocked and then grinned as he regained his balance.

"Out!" He chirped cheerfully, leaning over to nudge Devi in greeting and then purring at Zinger and Meru. "Devi. Cousins!"

Clearly their sister was the patient one of the three, but Blu was happy to be impatient if it meant that he could sprawl out somewhere to be comfortable while the story continued. "Story?"

Blu Wordcount:

Zinger Total WC: 471
Blu Total WC: 360

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:47 am
It was warm in the sun, and the young princess couldn't help but tilt her head up to take in the heat from the rays. Shaking her prismatic mane out, the little filly scanned the area around her basket for a place to step free of her reed confines. Devi beamed up at Zinger and Meru, before leaning over the edge of her basket to nuzzle her head under Blu's chin with a happy purr.
"Blu!" Lifting a paw, Devi cautiously poked at the green grass under their baskets. Pleased to note it was also warm from the sun, she placed both front paws on the earth and used them to hop the rest of the way out of her basket. Grass was interesting sensation on her paws, and she dug her claws into the earth to further assess her current place in their homeland. Stretching forward, she shook her body and hair out, long tail flicking behind her.
"Zinger! Meru! Hi!" She giggled, tapping her brother on the side with her tail and scooting over to allow Blu room to escape his basket. Planting her butt in the warm grass and curling her tail around her paws, Devi resumed watching her cousin with rapt interest. "Can you finish the story until Momma gets back?"
She loved story time, and this was her absolute favorite story; when Momma and her aunties came from their homeland to the new herd lands they lived in now. Her Momma and aunties were so powerful and strong, she couldn't wait to grow up to be just like them one day.

(Word Count: 266)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:16 pm
Shaking her head in disbelief at the words her brother was saying, setting only blame on Meru. But then she paused, and thought. "Ah it probably, really, quite fascinatingly was me." She took a nod to her self-consideration. She was definitely the troublemaker. "Your cousin here would definitely be too soft to cause such a ruckus, it was definitely me whom did."

The Gamemaster cousin then watched as Blu popped out of his basket. The sight was amazing, she brightly smiled as both little kittens greeted Zinger and herself. Her fore-fangs peeking out with character against her jowl. Allowing them to settle in and listen to the story that she was very familiar with. It was best to hear Zinger tell the story.

Saint Vis

Crew

Timid Prophet

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:13 pm
Quote:
"Well, hello there," Zinger grinned at the sight of the Princess, now fully freed from her basket and standing on her own four paws. To his eye she was quite similar to her mother, though her father's hair and some of his coloring were certainly the crowning touch. But the shifting and melting natures of her pelt were certainly eye-catching, to say the least.

She greeted them all and then leapt free of the remaining canes of her basket, sinking claws into the earth and studying her surroundings with interest. 'Already too clever by half,' Zing thought to himself with a chuff. 'Stars save Aunt Ekaterina... and the whole court, in fact. The herd best beware with this spirited little imp in their midst.'

Aloud, he rumbled in amusement. "Little Cousin, you already seem like you're ready to paint the world. I think I feel a little bad for my beloved aunt."

He shot a grin at his sister, inviting her to give her opinion. "What say you, Meru? Does she seem like a pistol to you as well, or am I borrowing trouble far too soon?"

Noting how Devi had separated herself from the remains of the basket, Zing reached out and swept the separated lid and basket to one side. He repeated the gesture with the remains of Blu's basket as well, piling the broken canes and fibers to one side. He doubted they'd be used for their original purpose, but it was likely they'd find some use. "For you, Little Princess? Anything you might wish. I think it might be a bit, before your Mama returns to us... I can probably get a little further in the story, or perchance, Meru might teach you a game? Since you have joined us."

Zinger Wordcount: 294

Quote:
"Hi Sissy." Blu purred affectionately, rubbing his chin over the crown of his sister's head and her sleek ears when she tucked herself obligingly under his jaw. "Basket all gone now... Good job, Devi."

Watching her fold herself into a careful seat to regard their cousins, Blu ducked his head and brushed his cheek against the braided lip of their third sibling's basket. She seemed to be sleeping peacefully, still safely embraced by the canes that had shifted from their plain white to a soft lavender prismatic appearance that mirrored the pelt of the filly that had yet to emerge.

"Rest well, Little Sister," Blu churred softly to her. "We are here whenever you want to join us. I am sure that Zing will tell the story again, if you missed it. You know it's Devi's favorite, she can always stand to hear it again."

He flashed a wide grin, tapping his black muzzle affectionately against the basket before he straightened up to regard his family, and paced over to stand at Devi's side. "Is Mama coming back soon, should we wait to finish the story?"

Zinger's words sank in and he shot Meru a look with pleading blue eyes, intrigued by the idea of a game with his sister and beloved cousins. "A game? Meru please, a game?"

Moving seemed like much more fun than folding himself into a quiet little loaf and listening to a story. He had just escaped his basket, the opportunity to stretch and run and pounce was too good to pass up.

Blu Wordcount: 258  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:29 pm
User Image

Winding her way through the trees of the herd lands, Oksana scanned the area for her niece and nephew, hopeful she hadn’t missed the newest additions to the family. Zinger was an excellent babysitter with a flair for story telling only granted to those in Underland. He was also of the dramatic sort, but again, so were most who called this place home. The third sister of the six, Oksana was used to greeting her new nieces and nephews. While these three were the newest additions, and her eldest sisters heirs, rumblings were about that there were more on the horizon. Thank goodness these were Katya’s heirs, that got her off the hook. Sana just wasn’t cut out for that leadership thing, you understand. Much more comfortable with her roses then actually leading this bowl of fruits and nuts, Sana couldn’t have been happier to hear she was getting more nieces and nephews.
Breeching the edge of the forest, there couldn’t have been a more beautiful sight then what lay before her. Two of the three foals sat at the feet of Zinger and Meru, beaming up at their cousins like they hung the moon and stars in the sky. As she approached, Oksana took in the newest members of the family with glee. Her breath was taken away by the similarities between the eldest daughter and her mother, with just enough of her father to assure their heritage. Her second nephew was the prefect mix of his parents, with the smile that every heir possessed. It was nice to have another nephew, at last Zinger wouldn’t be alone. Trouble awaited with these two, of that much she was certain.
“Well, well, well… It appears as if I’m late to the party.” Beaming down at Devi and Blu, Sana sat next to Zing with a purr, rubbing her head against his briefly, before greeting Meru in the same manner. “Hello Devi, Blu… it’s a wonderful day to join us. And aren’t we as happy as can be to see you. Your Momma will be overjoyed. Now, what is this I hear about story time?” With a grin, Sana leaned in close. “It wouldn’t happen to be a story I have knowledge of, would it?”

(Oksana Abalone WC: 374)

Devi lit up at the newest voice to approach, it was a voice she loved to hear tell stories and talk about her roses too. Devi loved all her aunties, they were all so much fun, but Auntie Sana and Auntie Irina were the best aunties of all! Chirping happily, Devi darted over to her aunt and began to rub herself along her legs, purring loudly. The purring got even louder when Oksana drug the filly over to her and nuzzled her head against hers, before settling her between her forepaws.
“Auntie Sana! I missed you! Look Blu, Auntie Sana!” As if her younger brother couldn’t see their aunt in front of him. Purring with glee, the filly settled in under her aunt and snuggled into the tail that wrapped around them both. After prompting from her aunt, and with a soft huff, the filly scooted over, and gave her brother a look. It would only be fair to share her aunties attentions with her Blu, but it didn’t mean she had to like it.
Zing was just getting to the good part of the story, and now they had a real live witness to the story! “Yes! Story time is so much fun! Zing, you have to tell the story now, and we can play games after we finish the story.” So, she was just a little bossy at this young age. She was the eldest sister! She had to be in charge, they certainly couldn’t let Blu make these kinds of important decisions!
(Devora Tumbang WC: 255)

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas