Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:31 pm
M6 - You’re finally allowed to fly together, so long as the Weyrlingmaster is watching. How excited are your pair?

"Alright?"

Very alright!

"Alright!" L'ux grinned and did a really-final-last check of their riding harness before patting Cochith on the shoulder. "Let's go then!"

With a delighted bugle Cochith launched himself off the ledge and out into the open air, they weren't that good at take-off from the ground yet but they were really getting the hang of this and it felt amazing - even better than swimming! One by one their siblings took to the air around them and they all started to spread out, testing the air currents and just getting used to being aloft for more than a glide or two.

This is great! Cochith called out in his melodic tones to his siblings as he flew a lazy spiral down for a few 'lengths, and then beat his wings hard to rise again. Anyone want to try something a bit more?

"Fek yeah!"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:11 pm
S'yn beamed as he checked over Contrarath's harness once more. "All set 'Rath?"

That's the third time you've asked me that, Contrarath griped, shifting his weight a little as he nudged his rider's shoulder with his snout. If you ask me again I'll leave without you.

"Fair enough! Alright, alright, give me a moment then." As he spoke S'yn climbed on and secured himself to the harness. It was easy to tell how much the blue did not want to be standing there any longer, but S'yn didn't particularly feel like jumping off the ledge only to fall out of the harness and injure himself, which he knew was literally the one and only reason Contrarath hadn't just taken off when he felt like it. With that done he leaned over to check the straps once more, but Contrarath was having none of it.

You won't fall, the blue assured him with equal parts exasperation and fondness as he swept off the ledge and angled his wings to gain altitude. And even if you did, I would catch you!

S'yn couldn't help but grin and laugh at that as he leaned forward and held on. Can't blame a guy for not wanting to fall to his death, right? Amusement filled their bond rather than a spoken response, and S'yn laughed again. This was amazing! It was one thing to watch his dragon fly alone, to feel it through their bond, but it was another entirely to be up in the air himself. It probably wasn't the most amazing flight ever, technically, but it sure felt like it, and Contrarath was determined to make it look as good as possible.

I agree, Cochith, Contrarath replied to his brother in his usual velvety mindvoice, and circled around their other siblings to find him. Did he want to? Hmmm… I would like to! What did you have in mind?  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:58 am
Uhhh... Cochith's eyes whirled through different shades of blue and green as he considered the question. I should probably have thought of that before I said something! But- I saw Dawn's Light practising weaving in and out of each other earlier, we could try that? Though I guess not quite so close together.

Probably not so close together, L'ux agreed with a slight sigh, he wasn't what you'd call a naturally cautious kind of a person but what had happened to Swouth and N’ka was still fresh in his mind - a couple of months wasn't long enough to forget that crunch.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:48 am
Contrarath's eyes whirled a delighted bright blue. Maybe you should have! Despite his choice of words, his silken tones held nothing but amusement and hints of teasing for his brother.

But, did he want to practice that?

It's your decision, S'yn reminded him, letting go of his harness to pat his neck. It doesn't matter to me if we do or not… but it would be a good way to show off, if you wanted to practice it.

Oh, now there was an idea. You make an excellent point, the blue purred.

Of course I do! It's still whatever you want to do though, of course, he made sure to reiterate. While it would be good to practice, he didn't want Contrarath to tire too quickly… but it would be fun, so really he could go either way and so didn't feel too inclined to try and influence his dragon's choice this time.

Of course it is, Contrarath replied in another smug purr. That sounds like a good idea, Cochith! As he spoke, he angled his wings to glide into position so they could begin. Although, yes, not quite so close together… That was not an accident he or S'yn were keen to repeat.  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:42 am
Okay, great! Do you want to start going left and I'll go right? Cochith glanced down at the weyrlingmaster below and hummed thoughtfully. Do you think we should ask, or just do it? I mean, it's not dangerous and we're all just testing our wings up here right? So it's not a big deal if we happen to just, sort of cross paths? I think it's fine.

Now that Cochith had made his mind up about that L'ux knew that there was pretty much no chance of getting him to change it, for all his cuddly nature he was as stubborn as a wher once he'd convinced himself of something. With that in mind L'ux sat up a bit taller in his straps and tried to catch S'yn's eye to give an arm signal for; 'Okay?'

With stubborn Cochith and contrary Contrarath though there was basically nothing they could do about it at this point other than hold on and keep their eyes open for anything their dragons had missed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 am
Contrarath, who had already started gliding to the left before Cochith voiced his suggestion, immediately banked to the right. No, I'll go right, you can go to the left, he said smoothly, as if that had been his plan all along. S'yn couldn't help but chuckle at his dragon's behavior, and hoped Cochith wouldn't mind too much.

As for his brother's other question, it hardly needed any thought, and the blue offered him the equivalent of a mental shrug. They were already up in the air and ready to begin, and more importantly he wanted to begin, so why would he stop? Of course it's fine, the blue assured him, his voice projecting his absolute confidence. If it isn't, the weyrlingmaster will let us know and we can stop then, or whenever we get tired or bored. Ask first! As if he'd ever ask permission to do something he wanted to do.

Would you actually stop if they told you to stop though?

Perhaps.

S'yn snorted. It took very little effort on L'ux's part to catch his eye; he was already glancing in his fellow rider's direction, so at L'ux's gesture he raised his own hand to give him a thumbs up. While he was tempted to roll his eyes at his dragon's behavior, he refrained; firstly because he adored his dragon despite his more frustrating qualities, but secondly because honestly he was liable to roll his eyes right out of his head if he wasn't careful.

Contrarath magnanimously ignored his rider's eye-rolling temptation in favor of bugling to his brother and shifting the angle of his wings so they could start. Come Cochith, let us begin! S'yn tightened his grip on Contrarath's harness and kept a keen lookout to make sure his dragon wouldn't miss anything or collide with anyone, whether or not Contrarath actually needed him to.

Which he definitely didn't (in his completely unbiased opinion), because he was much too good at this already to need an extra pair of eyes!  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:16 pm
Okay, that's fine, let's go! Cochith chirped happily, the direction really didn't make any difference to him - and really he should have known that his clutchmate would do the opposite of what he suggested anyway.

Keeping his speed steady Cochith banked carefully so that his course turned towards Contrarath. Ummm, so how shall we cross? Above and below? Or in front and behind? Again maybe they should have decided that already but they were going slowly, there was plenty of time to think before they needed to actually maneuver. Quite a bit anyway.

There's enough, L'ux agreed, his brows kitting a little as he focused on the distance between them and the other pair and the speed they were both going. Yeeah, they were fine!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:09 pm
Yes, let’s, Contrarath agreed easily with a hum. It helped that he’d already started before Cochith spoke up.

The maneuver was a simple one - or so Contrarath thought, because honestly, how difficult could it be? - and as Cochith angled himself towards Contrarath, Contrarath similarly shifted his path towards Cochith’s.

Hmm, which do you think? S’yn wondered privately, trying to picture both options in his head: one over the other, or one ahead and one behind. Thankfully it looked like they’d have plenty of time to figure it out before they had to actually cross paths. If you pass ahead of each other, you’ll have to account for extra space either in front of or behind you.

Above and below sounds best. The blue hummed again as he tilted his wings upwards just a fraction, already deciding which position he’d prefer. I’ll go above and you can go below!

While this whole thing was Cochith’s idea, S’yn couldn’t help but feel like Contrarath was taking control of the exercise away from his clutchmate, and hoped the other blue didn’t mind too much. He knew much better than most just how stubborn Contrarath could be once he’d set his mind to doing something. Thank Faranth not all dragons were so stubborn.

Oh please, you love me, Contrarath butted into his thoughts with a smug purr.

I suppose I do, S’yn replied with all the airy indifference he could muster, grateful that his dragon couldn’t see the broad grin spread across his face because it was quite at odds with the tone of his thoughts.

Contrarath huffed, opting to ignore his rider for the moment to address his clutchmate again instead, his mindvoice silky and pleased. This was an excellent idea Cochith, thank you for suggesting it. I’m sure everyone else will enjoy watching us! They were both handsome - himself especially - and this was a perfect opportunity to show off to their clutchmates. How could they not enjoy it?  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:42 am
Well so far so good, it looked like both blues were happy enough to be sensible about things and weren't going to end up scrapping about who flew which direction - if Cochith had got it into his head to get stubborn they might have had issues! But no, the two blues were heading for a nice neat move, and L'ux twisted his head so that he could watch Contrarath go by overhead when they paths did cross.

Going down! Cochith agreed cheerfully, dipping his wings a little to lose some height - and then a little bit more just to be on the safe side.

The compliment from his clutch sibling filled Cochith with a warm glow, which he shared with Contrarath as they drew close to their first crossing point. Thank you too, for joining me! I'm sure they will, maybe some of them will try it too? We're showing initiative! Initiative seemed to be one of the Weyrlingmaster's favourite words, along with caution.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:17 pm
As they neared where their paths would intersect, Contrarath angled his wings up a little higher to make sure they’d have plenty of clearance and wouldn’t collide or anything, though S’yn’s focus was half on making sure they were keeping a steady course, and half on the fact they were going to be flying over another dragon in midair. He kept trying to peek over Contrarath to watch Cochith and L’ux. Maybe someday such a maneuver would be so common an occurrence that he’d hardly even register it, but that day was not today; for now it was still a brand new experience, one he couldn’t help but marvel at. Dragons were amazing!

A distinct smugness brushed against his thoughts, and S’yn huffed out a laugh. Yes, you’re amazing, ‘Rath.

Of course I am, the blue said easily, wholly confident in that fact. He hummed again then, pleased, and his unwavering self-confidence seeped through in his mindvoice. Of course Cochith. How could they not? We’re making a fantastic example for them to follow, after all. Pleasing the Weyrlingmaster was a bit lower on his list of priorities than showing off to their fellow clutchmates, but that just went without saying.

S’yn couldn’t help but snort at his dragon’s thoughts, but rather than focus on them much he peered over his dragon again as they passed over Cochith, and he offered L’ux a bright beam and a cheerful wave as they did so. This was amazing!  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:26 pm
We definitely are! Cochith agreed with a delighted trill as he passed beneath the much larger blue, feeling as though he was part of a real wing already.

L'ux gave a thumbs up as he beamed back up at S'yn and also at his dragon's thoughts, they were going way slower than the wing had and not passing anywhere near as close but he was still pretty sharding impressed with them! Course he couldn't see from an outsider's eye but he felt as though they looked smooth as butter.

Shall we cross again the same way Contrarath? Cochith asked as they started to glide out away from one another again. Orrr we could circle around and go back? Or fly one over the top of the other? So many ideas, and probably so little time before they got told to go land again!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 pm
Contrarath bugled his agreement, radiating his pride and confidence and excitement. The last he kept much more muted than the others; it wouldn’t do to come across as too excited.

It was a wonderful thing, flying like this together, and it was even better when they all got to do it more or less as a group. S’yn was used to living in close quarters with others - there wasn’t a whole lot of space to stretch out in a caravan, after all, and before that his room at Bitra wasn’t much more than a closet he had to share with his siblings - and he was used to doing things together with everyone, so he was pleased to discover that even after Contrarath turned his whole world upside-down, they’d at least be with all of his clutchmates. Even if the blue wasn’t overt in his affections, he still loved and cared for all his siblings, even if the only one who knew the depth of his feelings was his rider. And S’yn wasn’t about to tell.

You’d better not, Contrarath informed him, although the teasing undertone in his voice detracted from the otherwise haughty statement.

S’yn just laughed. You know I’d never spill your secrets, love.

Good, was all Contrarath said to his rider.

Cochith presented a good question, and Contrarath dutifully mulled over what he wanted to do as he shifted his wings a bit to bring him back on course to pass his brother’s path again. Well, that answered at least one of his questions. I think we should cross again but I’ll go below you this time, he replied after he’d given the options enough thought, and wasted no time angling his wings downward a bit to gradually lose altitude. It would be good for us to experience both, I think. Once again, he gave little thought for what his brother or his brother’s rider wanted to do; they left the choice up to him, and so he chose.

You’d choose even if they didn’t leave the choice up to you.

Well yes, but the fact of the matter is that they did.

S’yn rolled his eyes but grinned all the same as Contrarath’s silken mindvoice reached out to his clutchmate once more. Does that sound good to you, Cochith?  

BlackFireKitsune

Tiny Lunatic

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces