Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mayumi Hiiragi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:13 pm
User Image

Though the cops here are stressed over all the gang problems they try to keep a good attitude. They serve their community as best they can trying their best to help everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:20 am
User Image▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▀
A L O N Z O▄▄A I D E ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄
____________________________________________________________________________________
PROFILEOUTFIT (Default Police Uniform)CURRENT MOOD

Hoorah!! Another day in the office. Alonzo was never late when it comes to his duty as a police officer. He even wakes up early to buy fresh doughnuts along his way to work. Paired it with hot coffee? Of course! What are doughnuts without a hot brewed coffee in the morning? And speaking of coffee, He made sure to buy an extra coffee for his 'ever so lovely' mentor.

He decides to finish his doughnut and coffee before heading back to his office. He bought a medium-sized brewed coffee for Natalie just his way of saying thanks to her for being a good mentor. He also included a doughnut for the first time. Though he didn't know yet if she likes doughnuts or not, so he just bought the glazed one and not the choices with much sweeter variants.

And with that handsome smile, he approached his mentor, lifting a hot to-go-cup coffee along with a paper bag with a sugar glazed circular goodness inside it. "Good morning detective. --I bought you coffee.. aaand a doughnut as well to pair it with your coffee. --OH and, it's black coffee.. the one with no milk and sugar." Though if she recommends it to be a little sweeter, she can use the glazed doughnut to contemplate the taste.

"Hmmm, how was your sleep? .. Alonzo would ask with his tone like he was also like a friend to Natalie. He would then go to his desk, turning his computer on as he would shift his gaze to her. --Me, I'm still finishing a police report about some robbery. I can finish this morning though before heading out in the field again this afternoon."

--- Grabbing his chair, he sat down and would continue to chat with Natalie while waiting for his computer to load. "How about your Valentine's day?.."
                                          ----Me, welp.. I don't have a girlfriend so.. I just went to a music shop to buy some 90's Rock songs."
                                          He chuckled as he shrugged. But he can admit that was indeed nice to see some couples that had dinner together, some were kissing in public and some were just hugging while sitting on some public seats.

Subsequently, if Natalie would respond to his questions, he would hold his mouse and would type the password of his computer and the screen would load again but swiftly this time, before his screen would appear along with some files appearing on his Desktop. ---

____________________________________________________________________________________
WHERE: Manhattan Police StationWITH: Detective NatalieSTATUS: "Work, work, work"
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

OOC: I'm sorry for the delay.. crying
Hope the kind

_

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

The day before was eventful. While she and Uri hoarded some cheesy goodness, it felt as if someone was following them. Natalie had kept a watchful eye on their surrounding as they moved along. She couldn’t immediately pinpoint who was tailing them but her instincts would not be ignored. So the detective brought the cafe owner back to her place to help her with a few things. What happened next? That was a story for another time.

Now it was morning and Natalie was not in the mood to be social. She had already taken her precious Chinchu out for a walk and left them home without incident. Sometimes leaving him home by himself was tough on the brunette. Though it was never a concern she showed to her colleagues as she arrived at the station. 'Urgh, I forgot to get coffee.' And that meant only one thing: to survive on the station’s crappy coffee maker. There was word that a Keurig machine would be put in and, while not a deeply religious individual, she prayed that such a machine would appear in her life soon.

But today was not that day as Natalie passed by the meager coffee machine on her way to her desk. She mentally reminded herself to make a crappy cup of coffee while she logged onto her work computer. And that’s when Alonzo came in. Her eyes zeroed in on the offered beverage as it immediately came into sight. "We’re not on the scene Alonzo. You can call me Natalie while we’re here." The brunette voice was groggy as she reached for her breakfast. "Ahhh...coffee." Her tone grew delightful as she quickly sipped on the warm beverage. And it was just the way she liked it too!

"I got a full five hours last night. So, you know, average." With a hand raised up towards her mouth, she covered up a yawn. She clearly did not sleep enough. "Alright, that should give me enough time to look over any new cases." And with a quick glance to her desk, someone already took the liberty to give her something to work on.

"I went shopping for a new computer with a friend. He helped me set it up." She shrugged her shoulders in a nonchalant manner as she flipped through the folder. "You seem chipper today. I guess you must have found some decent 90s Rock songs. Who did you find? Aerosmith? Kiss? Hole? Van Halen? Or something more underground?" Natalie appeared somewhat knowledgeable of the music genre as she flipped through the police reports.

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating Alonzo || Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

ll Neo ll

l SHEM l

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:02 am

Alonzo kept this cheery smile on his face like he had a good start in the morning. Well, one main thing was, he ate the very last piece of his favorite doughnut in the bakery that he used to visit every morning before he goes to work. He is not the only one who loves their doughnuts. Some folks buy a bunch of them, leaving only a few behind for the others to buy. 'This calls for competition. Early bird gets the worm, as they say. Well.. So be it baby!'

"You seem chipper today. I guess you must have found some decent 90s Rock songs. Who did you find? Aerosmith? Kiss? Hole? Van Halen? Or something more underground?" she asked.

Then a small chuckle escaped from his lips before he would shift his gaze to her again. "Well.. The CD I bought last night was a mix of alternative rock songs. I think most of them were in the late '90s. Such as Incubus, Vertical Horizon, Puddle of Mudd, Collective Soul, Blink 182, and many more."

And then Alonzo would continue to chat to share what really cheered him up this morning.
                                          "Do wanna know what made my day? --I bought the very last doughnut of 'Sunny Side Bakery'. I have this rival customer that loves to haul every doughnut in his sight. Hah! I sure did showed him not to mess with a doughnut lover like me." His eyes flashed as his teeth shined in a chibi-like manner and flexed his bicep as he felt proud of showing that guy a lesson that he is not the only customer who also wants the bakeshop's doughnuts.

Going back to a serious topic, Alonzo kept his eyes on her. And while still on his seat, he leaned towards her direction with a whisper tone. "By the way.. you should sleep more than just five (5) hours.. Having a decent amount of sleep is still important you know." he lifted his index finger, in a gesture that it is one thing to keep in mind especially for her. It's not easy to be a detective. ----

WHERE: Manhattan Police StationWITH: Detective NatalieSTATUS: "Work, work, work"

OOC: YOSH! Let's Goooooo!!
Hope the kind

_

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Her eyes narrowed over the pictures in the folder. Someone had already gone ahead and written some notes in this file, indicating that this crime was handed off to her. 'Just great. Some bozo decides to dump this ******** file on my desk because they didn’t want to deal with an homicide.' Her brow furrowed while continuing to listen to the chipper cadet. The world must have looked a lot brighter through his eyes. That kind of naiveté was so pure. 'And he wants to be a detective.' If there was anything that the force taught her, it was that one needed to harden their heart in this job. The work they did never came with any perks that would lighten the burden she carried on her shoulders. Natalie’s eyes shifted to his brown orbs as he gleefully spoke about his discovery. "If it’s a good mix, mind if I borrow it?"

"Heh!" His actions elicited a chuckle from the detective as she proceeded to pick up her file and walked over to his desk. "You’re a cute kid, Alonzo." She rested the file on her shoulder as he leaned towards her and seemed to...lightly reprimand her regarding her sleep schedule. "Five hours of sleep is nothing to make a fuss over. I'd be fussy if I got less than that. Take it from me, I don’t recommend trying to pull a double shift with only 2 hours of sleep." It was a goddamn nightmare when that happened. There was no way this detective wanted to work like that EVER again. However, a detective never had such luxuries when they were always on call.

"Alonzo, I should warn you now. Some idiot has passed this homicide onto me." Her eyes darted around the room, looking for a sign of a guilty conscience among her peers. There were some who looked away, not daring to get on her radar. While there were others who appeared busy with some kind of menial task. "What a bunch of ******** cowards." Natalie huffed under her breath before glancing back to the brunette. "It might be a long day. So I’ll let you go once Evening comes around. I know you have a life outside of work." There was a faint outline of a smirk on her lips before she curiously gazed at his computer screen. "How’s that report coming along?"

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating Alonzo || Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

Quote:

l SHEM l

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:45 am

---- "Five hours of sleep is nothing to make a fuss over. I'd be fussy if I got less than that. Take it from me, I don’t recommend trying to pull a double shift with only 2 hours of sleep." she stated.

Hearing this made Alonzo's brows furrow like almost a worried looking face. He can imagine how his Mentor has only a little time for herself and dump most of her hours on her line of work. Though as part of the police force, it is our job to help the citizens to have the justice they deserve.

"Umm.. Of course!... Well, I did not bring it with me though, I left it at my apartment. I'll give you the CD tomorrow." he said, referring to the mix that she wanted to borrow.

"Umm, Na~ His lips went to a pause when she says, "Alonzo, I should warn you now. Some idiot has passed this homicide onto me." It got him surprised and wondered who possibly pass the said case to her. His eyes fluttered and when Natalie began to dart her eyes around their vicinity, Alonzo also trailed his eyes to the neighboring tables. Though for him, he cannot really tell if they were just pretending to be busy or not. Since this work is always busy when it comes to the office. Heck, they may be sitting most of their hours for the day, making reports, and filing some documents. Being in the field is much better for this particular police officer. He can't wait to be out there, chasing bad guys and help Natalie with her cases.

"What a bunch of ******** cowards." ..'Man.. Who would even transfer a case to her? If only I'm already a certified detective, it would an honor to accept it. I guess the only thing I can do to help her is to assist her. -sigh- Don't worry Alonzo, time will come.' He shook his head as he kept his eyes on the other detective's desks before shifting his gaze back to her.

"It might be a long day. So I’ll let you go once Evening comes around. I know you have a life outside of work."

"Hm.. No, No.. You still have me tho. I'll do whatever I can to help. It's not like I already have a girlfriend or something."
                                          --But if you do insist, I will respect that. Hehe"
                                          He let out a small chuckle as he kept a small smile to Natalie before returning to finish his task.

"How’s that report coming along?" she asked with a faint smirk.

"Hm?? Oh it's almost done. I do try to remember its details just in case if these reports have a link to your cases." Then he formed his wrist like an imaginary gun, pointing it at her. "Just what you keep teaching me.. to be prepared at all times." Then he clicked his tongue twice with a smirk, and followed it up with a wink~ -click, -click.. -wink

OOC:_
Hope the kind

_

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Mayumi Hiiragi
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:53 pm
User Image
We are now in the evening portion of Thursday February 15th  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:14 pm
User ImageUser Image

She’d keep in mind that he’d retrieve the CD by tomorrow. But tomorrow was going to be a while. With the case in her hands, she knew that the hours were going to be packed with interviews and following any resemblance of a cookie trail. "I like your dedication Alonzo. But you’re still only a Trainee. You have other duties to take care of." This detective may have taken him under her wing but that didn’t mean she’d forget that he was still a uniformed officer. "Girlfriend or not, I’d hear it from the top if I kept you for too long." With her index finger, she’d gesture to her supervisor’s office that resided all the way in the back of the station. "And I do not need that man breathing down my neck again." The brunette’s face scrunched up before shaking her head in a disgusted manner.

A flicker of surprise colored her features regarding his attention to details with his reports. "That’ll come in handy." As her attention shifted away from the screen and onto his faux gun, a sly smirk spread on her lips. "I don’t think you have a permit to handle that kind of firepower Alonzo." She’d shake her head before snickering at his gesture. "Come on, if you have time to be like that then you have to learn." Once Al was done with his report, he was immediately dragged beckoned by Natalie to start the case immediately. The two went out to the crime scene, talked to the officers at the scene, claimed the belongings of the deceased, and tried to piece together what had been done to the body.

But time was dwindling and it had already gotten late. "See you tomorrow Al. Don’t forget your CD." She sent him off until the officer recalled something said earlier this morning. "Good luck getting your donut again." With a wave, she went back to peering over the documents and the trace amount of info her case was given.

The more she learned about the deceased, the more this seemed to be a gang-related kill. It was still awfully early to make that call, but if it were true then it meant that the notorious dirtbags were still crawling around in this city. "Those assholes just had to push this case onto me." Natalie heaved a long and heavy sigh as she leaned back into her chair. Her eyes trailed up to the ceiling before the sound of the station’s crappy coffee machine reached her ears. "Might as well." The brunette would look to that pot of black goodness that had likely gone cold by now. "This day isn’t getting any easier for me."

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating Alonzo → None || Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

ll Neo ll

l SHEM l

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ll Neo ll
Crew

Invisible Noob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❛Ask me anything.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
Username Badboi18 | Feeling Panic! | Chatting with Officers | Location Manhattan police station | Appearance Casual

After the brief conversation with her old friend, the woman found herself considering multiple options on what she could do. She hadn't found a job yet and she was running out of resources. She had paid the rent for the apartment she was staying in but she wouldn't be able to afford her next meal if this went on. Desperation lead her to something she wasn't necessarily prepared to do. She could have just swallowed her pride and ask Soomin for a favor, or maybe even her parents, but she knew they'd just call her back home if they found out she couldn't afford her stay in the new town.

Maybe her program was bugged, maybe she forgot to erase her trail, maybe she did the rookie mistake of transferring the amount to her own account but...it was barely a penny from a hand full of people from the bank- they wouldn't even know! But alas, they did, they caught her like a mouse that waltzed right into the trap. How? She was still trying to figure it out as she pulled her headphones off and turned paler than usual at the sight of the cops at her door.

"I swear you have the wrong person! I am trying to find out who framed me too!" the girl's voice echoed through the station as one of the officers dragged her in, the other carrying her equipment in a box labelled evidence. "Hey! careful with my stuff! Do you know how expensive that is!?" she'd call out, squeaking like a mouse when the dragging her threatened her with one glance. If only she was hiding behind the comforts of her computer screen.

The other officer dropped the box a smidge too hard and the woman jumped as she was being lead onto a seat for their formalities before she'd be locked up, she could barely pay attention as she sat there, nearly teary eyed at her equipment being manhandled like that while the other officer shifted his attention to the young brunette near by. "Natalie!" he'd call out, much like they've known each other for years together, or maybe to rub it in her face that they made yet another arrest today either way - it was enough to draw the woman's attention from her equipment to the possible feud, "I'm surprised we still have that much coffee left." he'd chuckle before he'd walk over and pour himself a cup and took a sip. "Busy day, caught this little mouse sneaking about earning some cash the easy way." he'd brief her even though she didn't ask.

"I wasn't doing that!" Matilda chimed from the other side, "Come on, isn't there a law or something that you cant arrest a woman once its evening? I'd like to speak to my lawyer!" she began stating nervously, wishing there was some way to smart her way out of getting a jailtime stamp across her face. "Please...my mother will kill me." she mumbled, resting her head on the desk.

"You should have thought of that before causing trouble you little rat! And for trying to escape when you were asked to cooperate." the man at the coffee machine called out while the one questioning her would simply sigh and shake his head.

Out.Of.Cookies.

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 am

An hour earlier

Alonzo is always excited while keeping his senses sharp whenever Natalie allows him to tag along with her investigations. He is a detective in training anyways, so he takes note of every process along with the dos and don'ts in this field of work. Also, one of the very reasons why would he keep accompanying his mentor is because he reminds him of his little sister and it felt like having another chance to be by her side again. . . . . .

"See you tomorrow Al. Don’t forget your CD."
                                          .......'One...'

"Of course! I won't." -smiles-
                                          .......'More...'

"Good luck getting your donut again."
                                          .......'Chance...'

"Haha, thanks Natalie..." -slightly waving his hand as head to the exit-

Alonzo remembers the time where he first met Natalie. He was surprised how edgy and sassy she was. But as months went by, his bond with her grew strong.

===== -FLASHBACK- =====

"Come on sis, just eat your food. You need to eat. ..

"I don't like them! They taste so horrible!!" ..

It was the time where his little can't walk anymore. She lost her appetite and the hopes of having a good life in the future. 'It sucks.'

"Hey... guess who I brought with me?" .. -slowly reveals a barbie doll-

"Oh my gosh! Brother!! Thank you!! Ahaha!!"

===== -END OF FLASHBACK- =====

"Hmmn, I guess I should bring her another coffee tomorrow" Al muttered with a smile as he gazes upon the night sky. And to the streets, he went and might as well be going to a gym tonight.

[EXIT]

WHERE: Manhattan Police Station, and now back to his apartmentWITH: Detective NatalieSTATUS: "Calling it a day"

OOC:_
Hope the kind

_

_

l SHEM l

Dangerous Tycoon

8,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

With her name being called, the brunette’s eyes quickly darted to the cocky officer. Her lips formed a deeper scowl on her face as she steadily corrected her posture upon their chair. "What?" The detective responded bitterly to the haughty co-worker. ". . ." Without responding much to the man, her eyes flickered over to the “mouse”. "A pickpocket?" No that was unlikely. She tuned in on the evidence box that contained a variety of machinery. 'A hacker maybe.' That seemed more than likely as she shifted her sight back onto the policeman. "You know the rules about how we do things here in the station. Did you read her Miranda rights?" Hopefully they did or else the officer would be in a lot of heat for forgetting to do such an important and essential task.

But while Natalie was waiting for the officer to respond, she refocused her sights on the criminal. "So you’re a comedian too?" The detective responded with very little enthusiasm in the stranger’s pleas. "You could be playing dumb or you’ve been living under a rock, but suspects are arrested once we have probable cause to cuff them." Though with her already calling for her attorney, they’d have to oblige. Yet, right now, one person needed to be called out.

"Jerry, go in the back to get some rest. You’re practically falling asleep." Jerry had just released a deep yawn as he was waiting to question the “little rat”. "Look, I’ll get her information. We don’t need another runner." And by “runner”, she was referring to the one time Jerry fell asleep at the desk while gathering information from a criminal. But their unplanned nap gave the potential suspect enough time to make a dash for the exit. Thankfully, there were some competent officers present who were able to wrangle the individual, but it didn’t look too hot for Jerry. The poor guy was hitting his 50s and his body wasn’t keeping up with the late shifts.

Once Jerry dejectedly made his way towards the locker room, Natalie took his spot at the monitor. She already knew the man’s password as this wasn’t the first time she had done his task. "I’ll need your basic information. Name, address, birth date, etc."

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating None → Criminal|| Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

ll Neo ll

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:58 pm
❛Ask me anything.❜

Username Badboi18 | Feeling Panic! | Chatting with Officers | Location Manhattan police station | Appearance Casual

"You know the rules about how we do things here in the station. Did you read her Miranda rights?"
"Detective, that was an honest mistake last time, I remembered to do it every single time from then." he'd state to which the young woman called out, "He did not!" she'd call out, "Now, can I go back?" she'd plead, making the other quickly turn back to her, "Shut up mouse, or you'll be sorry you even existed!" the man called out, turning rather pale when his eyes met the detective.

"You could be playing dumb or you’ve been living under a rock, but suspects are arrested once we have probable cause to cuff them." the detective stated, making the other blink. She wasn't too aware of the system, this probably being the first time ever she was caught, "So I don't get a lawyer?" the woman asked the detective, "Because I thought I get one when I ask for one." she stated, though her body language already showed she was complying, sinking into her seat and trying to make herself look smaller in fear.

The woman watched as the young detective replaced the sleepy old man before her. She seemed to mean business, making the other quickly straighten up but her eyes kept shifting to her equipment. Her life sustenance. "I um..." she started, shifting her attention back to her, "I um..I..I'm Matilda." she'd start, before she'd start thinking of what anyone would do to get out of this situation. Soomin would have talked her way out of it, anyone would! Anyone sensible would.

"I...can give you something better than that." she'd state, leaning closer to the desk. "If, you can keep me out of bars, I can get you any sort of digital information you could ever wanted.", she'd whisper, trying not to get any unwanted attention from the men around her. "I...know you'd be skeptical about trusting someone you just caught, but give me a name, give me just their name and my computer and I'll pull out their entire browser history and more..." she'd state, with a look of desperation in those brown hues, "I just don't want my family dragged into my mess." she added, sighing as she placed her head into her hands.

Out.Of.Cookies. *Panic* I DONT KNOW HOW I MISSED THIS!

Hope the kind

ll Neo ll
Crew

Invisible Noob

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Natalie’s eyes rolled at the man’s comment. "Hey." She called to the fellow officer that came in with the suspect. "Did he or did he not read her Miranda Rights? And would someone tell me what she is being charged with?" The more she heard from both sides, the more confusing this whole ordeal was becoming. "Do you have a warrant for her..." She picked herself up and looked over at the girl’s belongings. "Computer." The brunette eyes narrowed as she looked back to the man who made the arrest. "You’re going to walk me through your arrest, officer."

Natalie was not trying to defend a criminal. But with the amount of boasting, the suspect’s disarray, the obtained “evidence”, and the whole scene that unfolded in the Police Station; the entire arrest was appearing sloppy.

Pinching her nose, she rested back into her chair to answer the question. "If your Miranda rights were read by the officer who arrested you, then yes. He would have taken you to the Interrogation Room where you can ask for your lawyer. Per the law's instructions, we must comply." Natalie began to stare daggers into her co-worker. "Why am I explaining this to her? You should have informed her of this right already." The detective was growing impatient with the arresting officer as she went back to pinching the bridge of her nose. 'I need a drink.'

"You're barking up the wrong tree kid. I don’t do bribes." Explicitly saying ‘bribes’ to Matilda, she wanted to make sure that the kid knew that Natalie wasn’t someone who could be swayed. "It sounds like you’re confessing to a crime. Hacking is an offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990." This woman clearly knew her laws as she stared right back into the criminal’s face. She was still waiting for the arrest story to unfold.

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating Matilda|| Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

ll Neo ll

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:07 am
❛Ask me anything.❜

The officer clicked his tongue as he looked away, mumbling that he did in fact read her her rights but the other seemed quite nonchalant about it and nodded, "He did, this time." he'd admit. "He got an anonymous tip that this kid was snooping around the internet making money, by hacking, so we laid out a trap and she fell right for it. She tried to escape that's when he got her. And we took this thing as evidence. he'd add, pointing to the computer.

"See! I told you I was being set up for something and sure I might have wandered into the dark web... who wouldn't when you see an ad telling you you could make some extra cash by clicking on a link?!" Matilda tried to shift the blame all over, though it was partly true, she did more than just clicking on a link. "I was desperate, I needed some money and even if I went for a job, nobody would hire me and pay me right away!" she added, sighing, starting to lose faith in being released.

Sinking into her seat as the other turned down her offer, the little faith that was left started to fade too, making her sit there, idly staring at the desk in hopes of finding some way out. "You're barking up the wrong tree kid. I don’t do bribes.""Its not a bribe.." she'd mumble quietly, thinking of the one time she was reading about the few hackers that were hired by the government to catch flaws in their systems and badguys. She recalled how Soomin and her own sibling would tell her she could have such a miracle moment where this would happen. Reality seemed quite different. "It's an exchange." she'd state yet again, deciding to push her luck a little further. "Try me, I swear you wont regret it. A name, that is it." she'd state again, looking at the lady, "You can put me behind bars, but if I help you get what you need, you wouldn't have to do that. Heck, I will even hack into company servers and international trading servers to help you track down shipments before they even reach Manhattan." she'd state, reaching up to adjust her glasses.

"It sounds like you’re confessing to a crime. Hacking is an offense under the Computer Misuse Act 1990."the detective stated, "Hacking might be a crime, but we can put that aside and test me if I'm worth investing your time and resources in just like the few cases over the years who got hired by the FBI and other government agencies." she'd state, tugging her lips into a forced smile before she rubbed the back of her head, "I mean, I wouldn't miss the chance at making Manhattan police a force to recon with." she'd say, quickly averting her gaze.

"Don't listen to her, she's full of s**t, caught like a mouse in an obvious trap. You think she'll fall for your hollow words? the officer from before spoke, shifting his attention to Natalie, "I hope you're not buying her s**t."the man spoke.

Out.Of.Cookies.

Hope the kind

ll Neo ll
Crew

Invisible Noob

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

It wasn’t unusual for the cops to receive anonymous tips. So long as the information couldn’t be discredited then they’d be able to act on it. Though with all the trolls out there looking to confuse the men and women in blue, it was tiresome to sort through all of those tips. It was moments like this that showed that some of the most bizarre pieces of information could be useful. Justice would win in the end.

Natalie didn’t know the complexities involved in hacking. However, what she did know was that visiting through certain sites on the dark web was illegal. Was it questionable how the informant was able to gather so much evidence on this girl? Perhaps, but her job didn’t involve questioning tips that turned out true. "So you decided to look for some easy money through illegal means." This Matilda individual was not helping their case. She was only giving the police more ammo to be used against her in court.

Was Natalie being unsympathetic to the girl’s plights? The job had left her jaded to such pleas. Everyone that arrived here always had a sob story at the ready. They'd scream out their innocence when they came through the station’s door. There was barely a quiet moment in this building. 'When you’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it enough times.' The detective paid very little attention to Matilda's information as she began inserting the criminal’s record. "Last name, DOB..." The brunette gradually asked for bits and pieces of necessary data. Every answer was quickly typed away on the computer while Matilda continued to talk.

"That is still a crime. It doesn’t matter how you dress it. Hacking is undoubtedly a criminal offense." She gave a pointed look at Matilda as if to end this conversation about testing the girl’s medal. Frankly, it wasn’t happening. "I suggest you make a call to your lawyer."

Natalie wasn’t buying anything as she got up from her seat. "A piece of advice Matilda. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." If the hacker didn’t want to dig a deeper hole for herself then her best bet was to shut up. "Anyways, I have to go. I hope you have a good lawyer. If you’re innocent as you say, then you have nothing to fear." That’s all she’d say to the “mouse” for the moment. Natalie turned to the two who arrested the criminal. "I have a bigger case to handle. See you boys later."

Background Profile || Whereabouts Manhattan Police Station || Investigating Matilda|| Clothes Minus Bullet Vest ||

ll Neo ll

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Manhattan

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items