Submit

Should I
  Stay
  Go
  Research the options further
View Results

LimeyFish8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:17 am
So I got myself certified as a CNA last year, when apparently my dad had a heart attack and a stroke. Now I''ve been waiting for a long time after interviews to get a "formal offer" at one of the hospitals I applied to and along comes my brother in law saying I should move back to NYC, Saying "******** needing a license, you'll be making so much money you can live in a hotel!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:50 am
Brother-in-law, you say. Hmm sounds like he just wants you to take good care of his sibling and making lots of money might just be in his mind as "good provider."  

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50

LimeyFish8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:55 am
But I won't be around to help with the kids. And I don't give them money anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 am
I get that people are more needed there, but it is difficult to discern if the job possibilities are real or if this is just from the chatter he has heard.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:20 am
Well, as I indicated in my poll choice, I think you should research a little more. You can verify if there are job opportunities and even apply to see if you can get any of them. If they are real and you decide you don't want to go you can always turn down any offers.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:24 pm
longaps
Well, as I indicated in my poll choice, I think you should research a little more. You can verify if there are job opportunities and even apply to see if you can get any of them. If they are real and you decide you don't want to go you can always turn down any offers.

He was apparently speaking theoretically. He does that sometimes and I can't tell if it is because he doesn't think I will take it seriously or he is just being a troll.  

LimeyFish8

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:03 am
LimeyFish8
longaps

He was apparently speaking theoretically. He does that sometimes and I can't tell if it is because he doesn't think I will take it seriously or he is just being a troll.
I thought as much. Unless his job was in the field of hunting for employees for corporations/etc, I suspected he was, like most people, spouting his beliefs and I believe he was not trolling as much as saying out loud his belief that you could make more money. Of course that was all before the Covid-19 scare has put so many at risk (especially in NYC). Anyways, it is always your choice to do what you want with your life even though sometimes we get caught up in the "but I have to do this or that for someone else", like a spouse, that we forget it is always our decision. I do hope things work out the best for you. Stay safe!  
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games