[PRP] Don't Stop Believing [Shamsiel x Marius]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Life had been quiet for Shamsiel.

The grip of winter was slowly beginning to relent, and the promise of spring could be felt on the warmer breezes. Greenery was slowly beginning to push its way through the barren, and ice packed earth; buds on the trees had appeared, and it was clear that spring was stepping forth. Soon, very soon, the young mare knew that winter would be fully behind them--the rivers would no longer be coated in ice, and there would be ample vegetation for all. There would be new life--little colts and fillies would be running about the world, and families of all shapes and colors would grow.

There was much to be excited about, and yet...

Shamsiel found that each year seemed to bring with it just a little less joy, just a little less hope. At this point, she couldn't say that she was happy--but she would say that she had accepted her life as a mare alone. She was... Content enough in her position. She had her health, she had a loving and brave sister, who periodically called upon her. She had a small grove to call her own...everything a soquili could want. And yet, she was still very much alone. Her friends were scattered to the wind, living their own lives; her family, much the same. Unlike Terentia, Shamsiel wasn't nearly so brave and bold. She was more a homebody, content to live a quiet, and more domestic lifestyle...

And yet, sometimes, she wondered if she missed something, or taken the wrong step. Should she have traveled more? Should she have braved the world like Terentia, who had seen it all and had a great life purpose? Pensive, the mare stepped up to a partially frozen lake. She gazed down at her reflection, thoughtfully. She was a simple mare, with simple wishes, and yet, after all these years, not a one had ever come true. Perhaps it was best to shelve those hidden dreams for good, to continue to find contentment in her life. Dreams were good to dream, but one had to remember that it didn't mean they all had to come true.

With a small sigh, wings tucked against her sides, Shamsiel lowered her head and began to drink.

`raze

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As a young stallion, Marius had led an eventful life. He had a number of mares try to court him, he was a viable bachelor, and he fell head over heels for a mare from a bonkers family much different than his own. He tried to be a good father and raise his kids, but they all seemed to take after their mother - independent and wanting to be on their own. They didn't need pops - they didn't need him...
And soon the mare he fell for didn't need him either.

It's been years since those tumultuous days. He witnessed his heartbreaking yet sensitive son become father to many and never set down roots, and his wild-mannered son become bound to one and one alone. To keep busy he kept guard of his parent's land at the base of a mountain, and he helped raise the children and the children's children of his sister Cicely. However, lately he was taking more and more opportunities to travel away from his family's lands.... away from Cosette's gaze. Though he never expressed his conflicting feelings to his mother, he knew she could read his loneliness - his desire to have a true family of his own.

Walking up on a frozen lake, not too far from his post, Marius gazed across it lazily. Spring was coming, and soon this lake would be filled with the sounds of foals playing and mothers beckoning their children to come home. At least it was quiet now, and not filled with the sounds of happy families. As his eyes rolled across the shore, they landed on an angelic shape. White like the melting snow, and wings like that of a seraph... she was a stark opposite of the mare he had met at a lake years before. It almost felt familiar. Years ago he had boldly approached the dark mare.

But now, he stood across the lake, unsure of what action to take. It had been a while since he had encountered someone outside of family or someone that wasn't traveling to see his mother. It felt almost foreign. He slowly lowered his head to take a drink from the lake, his throat suddenly parched.

`raze

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:42 pm
With her drink sated, the mare lifted her head--and lo and behold, discovered she wasn't at all alone. Across the shore, where there had once been nothing, now stood a dark coated stallion. He looked as if he were some mix of soot and ice, with a pale mane and tail that might have been lost to the winter snows. Unlike her plain, grey coat, she could see markings swirl and twist upon his back and shoulders... To her, at least, he cut quite the striking figure.

Her ear twitched, and she quickly averted her gaze--not wanting to be caught staring. Shamsiel was pleased by the sight of the stranger--while she didn't recognize him as being a family relation, his coat did remind her of another she had met in passing many, many years ago. There were very few that came by her way, and the mare took a moment to debate approaching, or letting him be. She wasn't known to be outgoing, wasn't usually the first to approach another--but simply turning and walking away didn't seem right either.

Yes, they were on opposite banks, but she had an advantage in the form of wings.

Shyness gripped at her hearts, but the winter had been quiet, and lived quite alone for the mare. Wouldn't her sister immediately make her way over to say hello? ... but Terentia was far more charming and extroverted. Shamsiel was so... Shamsiel. Even if she didn't have the guts to land nearby, she could at least move to the same bank. Right? Maybe the water was better tasting from that side. Stretching her wings, the mare gave a leap, and with a few downstrokes of her pinions, let herself glide over the half-frozen waters, and land delicately on the opposite shore.

Though she peeked over at Marius, and offered the shyest of smiles, she was quick to preen down a few of her feathers. She had been sure to leave some distance between the two of them--in case he truly didn't wish to be bothered--but now that she'd made the crossing she almost wished she hadn't. How foolish she had been, surely. For once, she was grateful that her straw-yellow hair might hide her as she preened. For what was she to say to the poor stranger?

`raze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:05 pm
Marius heard the familiar sound of wings. Majority of his children, their children, and his nieces and nephews bore them. While satisfying his thirst he peered up to see the white mare glide across the lake.The water he lapped up dripped past his lips as he found himself more focused on her than drinking. What was he, some young stallion flustered around a mare? He internally chastised himself as he forced himself to stand straight.

She was smaller than him, with a beautiful white coat that reminded him of the mountains his family resided at. He saw her smile shyly at him and it appeared that she was trying to hide behind her thick, blonde mane. She was so bold to come across the lake, but now she was hiding in plain sight. This mare, the color of snow, had more warmth and confidence than himself and was clearly second guessing herself. Internally he kicked himself - why hadn't he made the first move to greet? A voice in the back of his head whispered the name of a mare long repressed, a mare that had made all the first moves at a lake years ago. Well, this certainly was not going to be a repeat of that.

Tossing his head slightly to shift his bangs from his red eye, he offered her a smile. "Well good afternoon, keeper of the lake," he started, "I see you've been so gracious as to come greet me, but alas," he sighed heavily and playfully, "I did not bring you anything to offer but my company." His smile turned into a grin, and though he felt that he looked confident, his heart was pounding in his chest. It had been years since a mare approached him, and now with her looking shy, he felt humor was the best way to engage her. If he was lucky, she'd think he was charming and humorous... and if not, a blabbering idiot.

"My name is Marius. May I ask your name?"

Uta

`raze

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Shamsiel could feel her anxiety grow as she pondered what next to do. Had she been too forward? Well, the lake was meant for everyone, and surely, if she upset him, he could simply move along. Now that she was here, she surely should say hello. It would be rude not to, and the mare didn't want--

Oh.

Thankfully, while she had bought herself a few minutes time by settling the feathers on her wings, the stallion had decided to make the first move. She turned her head away from her feathers and towards the stallion, who called her the Keeper of the Lake. Her smile broadened a bit, though she did duck her head. She was certainly not great Lady, nor keeper of anything. Still, it was a nice ice breaker. "Ah, forgive me, sir, but I must confess I am afraid you are mistaken. I am no great Lady, but a simple peasant come down from the hills to slake my thirst. You're kind of offer such company--if you might forgive my humble origins."

And it was true. Though she was an angeni, she was no one of great importance. Some within her family, and her heritage, outshone her in so many ways. She was but a simple mare, but this stallion didn't seem to be a threat, and was kind enough to at least say hello where she had faltered. "It's good to meet you, Marius. My name is Shamsiel." Her little tail gave a small flick before she continued. "It's good to see others out and about with winter waning. Are you from around these parts?" She hoped he wouldn't mind the question.

`raze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:07 pm
Oh good - a smile. Though he would not outwardly show it, he was nervous that his playful introduction would be taken poorly. He never had issues introducing himself before - but to be fair, he primarily let the ladies make the first move. He didn't usually have to work for it. Standing here with a beautiful stranger however, he felt inclined to lead the conversation.

"Shamsiel, Shamsiel," he tested her name on his tongue - a pleasant name. "I don't know, that kind of sounds like royalty to me." He flashed a smile and looked back out at the lake. "If you want to speak humble beginnings I come from way over there, by the mountains," he turned around to gesture with his head. "My family resides there - mom, dad, some of my siblings and their families. It's..." He paused, trying to find the right word. For his parents it was waking up everyday to their family and extended family. It was waking everyday to the fruits of their love and journey. For him it was a daily reminder that the family he started didn't need him. "A little overwhelming, if I can be honest with you, Sham."

'Oof, oversharing already big guy?' His brain chided as he offered a sheepish smile. "So that's why I'm here, taking a break from watching my sister's grandkids cause havoc." Cicely, young Cicely was a great-grandmother. The thought made him feel for a moment very, very old. He knew he had grand-kids out there in the world thanks to a casanova son, but divulging that information felt embarrassing. Like maybe he was dating himself and she would have no interest continuing on talking to a grandpa like himself.

"What brings you out here?" It was a weak conversation bridge to go on, but after oversharing he had to bring it back to something neutral. Something safe.

Uta

`raze

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm
Shamsiel gave a small, soft laugh as the stranger insisted her name sounded like royalty. She dipped her head, letting some of her yellow bangs fall into her eyes a bit self-consciously. Not that she didn't appreciate his kinds words, but the grey mare wasn't used to such positive attention--especially from such a handsome stallion.

Thankfully, the stranger seemed to be an amiable nature. Her ears pricked when he began to speak of his family and where he was from. She did peek curiously over in the direction of the mountains, before looking back at Marius. "I completely understand," she agreed, perhaps too quickly, when he described what it was like living with family. Perhaps that was too bold of her? She didn't want to make this about her, after all--that was rude--but she did want to explain why she understood. "I mean, at least, I feel like I understand. My own family lives in the mountains as well, though quite some ways away. My mother, father, most all my siblings, some of their mates...and I do love them, don't get me wrong, but sometimes one can be, perhaps, a bit too near." Perhaps it wasn't right to say as much, after everything that had happened. Her own twin had been lost, her sister gone on some mission to vanquish evil and avenge sweet Rosabis... Shamsiel was not nearly as brave as Terentia, or as strong as her parents; they carried on and supported the family, and what did Shamsiel bring to the table?

Well...

That was part of the reason she had strayed away. To figure out where she belonged. Her family was important to her, but sometimes, she felt like a stranger among them. She had no real skill or talent, and about all she could do was be present enough to support them however they needed.

But now was not a time to think of regrets and her unknown place in the world. It was, of course, very possible she was simply a support class--how arrogant of her to think the spirits might have some epic tale in store for the likes of her. Not every flower could be bloom into a rose, after all. "I'm sorry to hear it's a bit overwhelming though, but I am glad you can take some time to yourself. Family--the one thing in life you can't choose," she mused with a rueful grin. She was lucky to have been born in hers--but that didn't meant it was always easy.

"I cam down for a little time away from my herd to try to sort out my thoughts, and to take a little time for me." She hoped that she might find some guidance with the spirits, or just some peace. "I am, I suppose, a little new to traveling alone... which, I suppose, I shouldn't just admit so openly." Whoops. Was she so naïve? Well, perhaps he wouldn't think too poorly of her. She wasn't a damsel in distress, but... she... wasn't particularly worldly or street savvy. Silly, really, especially given her age.

`raze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:22 pm
Shamsiel's laugh was pretty. The thought crossed his mind and was immediatly banished. 'No, Marius, don't do this. Don't romanticize this.' It was something he had told his son Belial to stop doing and it did not fail to dawn on him that maybe, just maybe, his casanova son picked up this trick from dear old dad. Internally shaking his head, Marius forced himself to refocus on the conversation. She was from the mountains too - something that surprised him. All the time spent up there he imagined he had charted everything out - but then again the mountains were a large expanse and how much could he really travel watching his family's little ones?

"When I was younger, I did a lot of traveling. Our family was small then. None of us had kids, you know? But as the family got bigger so did problems and well..." Marius trailed off. It seemed like as strangers they were very good at oversharing, but he felt comfortable with her. If he were to never see her again he would not feel that guilt and shame of oversharing. The thought of not seeing her again made something briefly pang in his chest. "I guess what I'm saying is I understand wanting to take time for you. I guess that's why I'm here too."

He looked past her, his eyes scanning the horizon. "I want to travel again. I came back to help my mother wrangle all the grandkids. My mother, sister, and nieces all have mates that travel for long periods of time. It only made sense for me to come back." He paused thoughtfully, "Where do you want to go? Maybe I have some tips or tricks for a lone traveler." He offered a warm smile.

`raze

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff