Submit

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:00 pm
Jenth crooned encouragement to Azelth. You don't need to change your colour, he is just being stuborn.

Inolyn watched the boy, barely hinting at the man he would become, struggle with his own thoughts. She had seen it before; in those of her class, in those she had taught, and it would still happen in those who would yet come. Staying back she gave him a few minutes to compose himself before following to stand with the Weyrling pair.

"I have been a Rider for nearly 20 Turns, longer then you have been around, and I've seen about all of it." The woman spoke softly, something she didn't do much. "I heard there was a time when girls were barely allowed to try to impress greens, but I would rather be here with Jenth then back on the farm from which I came."

"I didn't want to be a goldrider like some girls; to be told what I should do, how I should behave and where I could go. Being a greenrider is to be free, that's what it means to me." To be grounded with an egg heavy dragon? The thought was enough to make you go mad with boredom. Inolyn ruffled his hair, much like she would her own son's and walked away to be with her own dragon. They needed time to think and rest, they still have plenty time before they needed to head back.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:35 pm
Earisa

The green closed her eyes and pressed her muzzle trustingly against her rider's palm. Thank you.

T'ves was grateful she spoke in a soft voice. He was surprised by her comment. He'd always thought other riders went all soppy once their dragon picked them. To hear otherwise, was...... shocking to say the least. Being a greenrider was to be free? His hazel eyes regarded his dragon thoughtfully. T'ves ducked awkwardly as she ruffled his hair and Azelth gave a weak laugh.

He watched Inolyn go sit with her dragon. After a moment he also sat and rested his back against Azelth's side. The green hummed and turned her head to rest it on his lap. Idly he rubbed her eyeridge as he watched the ocean. Can we be free? I will take you wherever you need to go, how ever high you need to fly, I will be there. He didn't think he could ever feel free at Fort Weyr. But perhaps with Azelth he could find a place.

magnadearel

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 pm
Inolyn kept an eye on the sun in the sky, letting Jenth have another splash and drying off again. The older rider didn't the boy have all the space he needed, didn't even bother him with small talk after he seemed to have recovered from his thoughts. After maybe 2 candlemarks since they arrive Inolyn made the call. "We have about 4 candlemarks to get back before it starts getting dark but we should make it back in 3. I hate being late for dinner."

Slapping at the green hide to make sure if was free from sand, Jenth was strapped up ready to go. Taking to the air Jenth asked, Do you remember Fort Hold? It was good to remind them this was a training exercise now they had a few hours to unwind. A rider needed to be familiar with all major points without relying on watchriders.

Fort Sea Hold wasn't too far from where they were by air, but after a few circles they would be flying straight back. Don't push yourself too much. If you don't think you can make it then say so or you might hurt yourself  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:49 pm
Earisa

T'ves spent most of the time trying to think things through. Other times he simply stared at the waves or the sky. He was glad Inolyn didn't rush them right back. Being able to actually leave the weyr without others was refreshing. I can't wait until we can go wherever we want. I think I agree. To be able to escape it all? To be free?

Their time ended too quickly though and he reluctantly got up when the other rider called. T'ves brushed some sand from Azelth's hide before replacing her riding straps. All comfortable? You missed a little sand there, but yes. He brushed off the offending sand and climbed back into the saddle to buckle on his own straps.

Azelth followed the older green back up into the sky. Jenth wants to know if we remember Fort Hold. His lips twitched. He'd known this was coming. Probably. He sent the image he had made sure to memorize just in case this question had come up to Azelth who passed it to Jenth.

I will Jenth. Azelth might still be young, but she was willing to give it her best. Particularly if it was what her beloved rider wanted.

magnadearel

Earisa

Darling Prophet

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 pm
Good, good! Jenth praised over their memory of the Hold. It would work, but it would take repeating to make sure the image was as if carved in stone.

The beginning of their journey began smoothly, aiding by the sea winds to help push them along allowed them to fly by side, but those had died down by the time they reached Fort Hold. Jenth kept an eye on the younger green, pulling ahead. Stay in my slipstream to reserve your strength. It's easier with bigger males, which is nice since we need to watch their flanks An advanced lesson on wing riding, but Inolyn had faith they would use it to their advantage.

It was hard to stay at a steady speed for so long, but Inolyn was taking the opportunity to enjoy the view. It was so easy to take betweening for granted with how quick it was to get from place to place in no time at all. The sun was starting to sit low in the west by the time they rose over the lip and into the Weyr and landed outside the barracks. The last lesson was to see how well they remembered Fort Sea Hold. It didn't really matter too much if the visual wasn't perfect, if Jenth was feeling the workout in her muscles then poor Azelth must be exhuasted. "Good work today! Go get some rest and food into you, you've earned it!" No one needed to know what they talked about on the beach, but maybe some good would come out of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:37 pm
Earisa
fin?

She says it's a good image! Azelth informed her rider. He nodded and made the effort to embed the image in his mind. Doubtless he'd get the chance to see the hold and many others in the near future.

Azelth enjoyed flying side by side with the older green during the first part of the return trip. The sea winds helped them along and conserved her strength for when she'd really need it. Not that she doubted Jenth wouldn't be willing to take a short rest if she needed it. She obediently slid into position where flying was the easiest behind the larger green. Are you saying they have big butts? Azelth laughed.

While Inolyn enjoyed the view, T'ves was focusing on another kind of view. How best to position himself to help rather than hinder his dragon. After their talk today, it didn't seem quite such an affront to his senses that the hide below him was green instead of bronze. So he tried to help a little bit, particularly when she had to actually start flying.

Both of them were grateful when the end came into sight. Azelth had never felt so exhausted in her muscles before, and T'ves knew his muscles would really be complaining tomorrow, not just the soreness of butt and thighs. He nodded meekly at her orders. Do you want to eat now or tomorrow morning? T'ves asked sympathetically. In the morning. I'm not even sure I could catch my own meal right now.

He saluted Inolyn and Jenth. "Thank you for today." T'ves saw his dragon to her wallow before heading to get dinner then a well earned hot bath.

magnadearel

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces