Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Chance Encounter (Zephyros & Achilles)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:37 pm
User Image As the youngest of three, Zephyros was not unfamiliar with needing to find his own entertainment. His eldest brother, while protective, tended to peacock around and show off his beauty to any and all who might wish to look upon him. His middle brother was... well, almost as bad, and that left Zephyros a bit at loose ends. Though they were supportive, they certainly had their own lives, and he had no intention of following them in puppy-like adoration - not now, at any rate.

There was the matter of what would entertain him, but as he glanced furtively around, he took notice of an unfamiliar face. There was a kalona stallion standing at the lake's shore. Although he didn't know what it was, there was something about that stranger's countenance that drew him in. Captivated, the young stallion watched a little longer. Who was this wanderer? As isolated as his family's lands were, he was unaccustomed to receiving visitors. It was true that Ganymede had many gentlemen callers, but he tended to wander himself.

"Hello there," Zephyros called, hoping that in doing so that he wasn't scaring the other away.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The land had become somewhat unfamiliar to the stallion, who had taken it upon himself to investigate what life was like beyond the borders of his herd. While one part of him knew that he shouldn't roam far, in case he needed to be on hand or an emergency cropped up, another part of him wanted to be better informed. What was beyond their borders? What herds roamed nearby, what travelers might he discover? Oh, Achilles certainly wasn't going to roam far from the borders, but he doubted he'd be missed for a day or two, and thus far, everything he discovered had put him at ease.

There was nothing outside the borders. Foliage, earth, sky, water. Certainly there were animals to hunt, if he needed to eat, and it was clear various soquili passed through--but thus far, he had seen no sign of danger, and heard no whispers of outside threats. That was good. Any danger to these parts would quickly be a danger for those of his herd, and Achilles wouldn't stand for that.

The stallion found himself at the edge of a lake. Parched from his journey, he had lowered his head to drink--though he kept his ears alert, and his body prepared to pounce into action So it was with great displeasure that he found himself surprised by the appearance of another. As soon as Zephyros spoke, Achilles' jerked his head away from the water, and turned his frown towards the stranger. His own wings had flared slightly in response, though he was quick to fold them back against his sides.

"Who are you?" He asked, practically commanded. Not, of course, to be rude--but because he didn't right care how he looked or sounded. Whoever this stallion was, though, he certainly was quite a sight. If Achilles didn't know any better, he'd almost have guessed him to be pure--but the feathered tail made it clear he came of mixed blood. Not that it mattered to him.

Deciding that Zephyros was less a threat--he saw no scars on his body to indicate he was some warrior, saw no tattered feathers, and little muscle (or at least less than his own)--he added, belatedly. "Hello."

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:12 pm
User Image
Initially taken aback by the stallion's demand, Zephyros took a single step back, one hoof still up as though he might turn tail at any moment. "I am Zephyros, and this is my family's land." He had never met anyone quite like the newcomer - though his mother was part kalona, it appeared that the other carried still more kalona blood than she.

"Hello," he responded, setting the hoof back down. The flicking of his feathered tail gave the life to his attempt at courage. If this stallion was feeling aggressive, he was not up for the fight himself. ... Much though that pained him to admit, he could not deny that the other was almost double his own size if he were any judge.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:52 pm

Achilles watched as the other took a step back, and part of him immediately felt a moments regret. Perhaps he had come off too strong? Honestly, though the other was adorned with a plethora of feathers, from his double set of wings, to his draping tail, and a few behind his ears--he did not appear to be a threat. In fact, he was of partial angeni blood--and weren't Angeni some of the noblest creatures out there? There were a few in his own herd, at minimum...

Giving a small snort, Achilles did his best to relax. Or at least, not come off as a complete brute. Though he would defend his herd with tooth and hoof, to the bitter end, he was still an ambassador. Diplomacy wasn't his wheelhouse, but he was smart enough to know that stirring trouble where there was none served nobody. Besides...

Whoever this stranger was, he was someone new; different; and more than a little beautiful. Er. Hmph. The thought surprised Achilles, causing his tail to flick in irritation at himself. Stupid to think such a thing... and yet, there it was.

"I see," he replied, this time a little quieter. "My herd's territory isn't too far from here. I was scouting just outside the borders--I did not mean to intrude." Perhaps the strangers territory--Zephyros--was a bit beyond where Achilles stood -- he wouldn't have barged in on another's land without reason. Did he miss a marker? Well. He wouldn't mention it and would hope, for his pride's sake, Zephyros wouldn't, either.

"I'm Achilles," he gave the stranger his name willingly enough. What he was meant to say now was beyond him though. Small talk had never been his expertise.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:01 pm
User Image

Whatever Achilles's intentions, they did not seem... bad. It was difficult to tell so early on, but Zephyros relaxed slightly as the other seemed to do the same. While he might have a share of kalona blood, he was a gentle creature, not inclined toward fighting others. It was for that reason that he had concerned fleeing - and because Achilles had seemed on the cusp of attacking him. Perhaps he had been mistaken, but it was certainly difficult to tell.

"You're not intruding," he said softly, looking the other over a second time. He did seem... well, honorable. If one could tell by looking, anyway. But there was nothing about his posture or his expression to suggest that he might be deceiving the young stallion. "I'm sure my family won't mind." He didn't mind, really, it was just that the other was so... well, imposing. There had been more than a hint of command in his voice before, and Zephyros was a little intimidated.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:35 pm

Small talk wasn't the stallion's forte, and the awkward silence that hung between Zephyros and himself only seemed to prove it. It did, of course, allow him to get a better look at the stranger, who was so unlike himself; not one, but two sets of beautiful feathered wings, and a tail that wasn't hair at all, but long draping feathers. His eyes glowed teal, and his colors were vibrant, dancing and tangling with the softest white. Certainly, no one in Infernal Shadows was nearly as alluring--and it both confused and frustrated Achilles.

Well.

No matter. He could appreciate beautiful things--there was no shame in it, after all. He could and would do so secretly, privately--and that would be that. What did it matter, anyway? Pawing at the ground in idleness, Achilles finally thought of something more to say. "Then perhaps I should best be on my way." If he was that close to another's borders, he would not dishonor his own herd by leaving them unprotected; and he would not simply barge onto another's without being invited.

"But before that, if I may--what is your herd's name? I'd at least like to inform my own, so they are aware of the near presence." At minimum, knowing another herd's territory bordered their own so closely would be good information to have. Perhaps those older than he knew of them, but Achilles wouldn't make any such assumption. Keeping the Infernal Shadows protected was his life's duty, and the more information he had about the stranger, and his home, the better; so they could, at least, be more or less prepared.

If it meant he got to speak with this Zephyros longer, well... Why shouldn't a guard and warrior wish to do so? It was for the good of his herd, after all.
Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas