[PRP]Winds of Change (Azazel x Astrid)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:40 pm
This is a private RP between Azazel (Nayci) and Astrid (Mr Cheri)

------------------------------------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The sky showed high noon as Azazel waited patiently for his catch. Eyes closed in relaxation as the waves of the shore crashed against the softness of the sand.Gulls above singing their tune as they glided in wait, waiting for a potential slip of his nets, so they could get a treat. But alas, Azazel paid them no mind. For the day was warm, and beautiful.

“Oi, Azazel!” one of his partner soquili caught his attention, “We’re going to be heading back to the mainland here soon. Are you going to be coming?”

Azazel’s eyes slipped open, almost lazily regarding the soquili in question along with the few others that had joined for today’s hunting.

“Yeah, after this last net is full. You know we’ve needed more this season to cover the increase in hoof traffic. Plus with those summer storms, we need the extra padding for the young ones. Can’t have them starving.”

His partner huffed a soft laugh, “Isn’t that the truth. My mate would never let me hear the end of it if our children were skin and bone. Say, what made you change your diet? It’s not every day you see a kalona taken to eating only seafood.”

To that, Azazel didn’t have a quick answer. One could say it was his dark past of the great kalona herd fiasco that caused his change of heart. Although truthfully that’d be a lie. Or, at least, that’s what he told himself. In truth, he began hating the taste of flesh before the fall. So, as a result, he found fishing to be a good compromise.

“Since when did you become such a nosy gutterfish,” he retorted in jest.

His partner snorted in amusement, “back when you decided that it was time to throw the game of gamble out the window, and proceed to get into a fight within my mate’s tavern.”

“That was one time.”

“One time, and now you owe our herd a pretty penny.”

The stallion rolled his eyes, and began to pull in his final net, the fish jumping, and flailing erratically as he blocked off their escape. Dragging them to shore, the net full enough to feed at least five families for awhile yet, his gaze fell upon his partner and friend exasperated.

“I paid off my debts long ago. I stayed because someone has to make sure everyone is taken care of.”

“Aye, that you did. Let’s head back before it gets dark.”

With his partner picking up one end, and Azazel the other, they placed all their goods onto the wooden plank holding the rest of their daily hunts. Between the two of them, they were able to then pull the plank upon their backs, and make their way back towards their home, their herd. A companionable silence fell between them. Although the question his friend posed earlier still echoed in his mind. It wasn’t so much the actual question of why he turned to seafood. But what else it entailed. Things, and life, are always changing. The spirits saw to that with great enthusiasm. Azazel, for all his wants and desires, was changing. But was it good, or bad? He didn’t know. And that is what unnerved him.

By the time they got back to everyone there was naught a clear path to their trade market. But such as it was, the herd wasn’t your traditional one. Unlike those familial herds you often saw, this one was more of a hodgepodge of smaller herds cramming into one place. Some were traders. Others were merchants. Honestly you could find just about anything in this place Azazel called home. If you need massage, a group could be found just north to take care of your aching muscles. If you were hungry, the local hole would be where his friend’s mate created the best meals around. For what it was worth, Azazel got lucky finding this place.

“I’m gonna take this to the boss if you want to go ahead and get something to eat.”

Azazel nodded his head, shrugging off their loot, bidding his friend goodbye, and making his way towards the delicious smell coming nearby. However with the amount of soquili trying to get to their destination, things were quite crowded. And despite his careful foot placement, that didn’t stop him from accidentally knocking into someone else.

“Bugger, my apologies!” he quickly spoke, turning to see if he needed to help whoever he knocked into.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:01 am
User ImageBut what Azazel had bumped into was none other than Astrid - a kalona mare of a proud, Northern lineage. The mare in question looked him over with a dismissive, icy glare. Who did he think he was, to walk so carelessly into her? Who indeed would dare such a thing. In her homeland no one would have been so foolish as to even look at her the wrong way. Here they were, a colorful fool and a warrior queen.

"Not accepted." The mare moved off, casting the stranger a look that said plainly how little she cared what he thought of that. And why should she waste her time? She was in a land unlike any she had ever before seen. The stench of fish was all around her, and although a familiar smell it was not one she cherished. These soft Soquili were not like her own people. "Not needed. I am no weak foal to fall so easily." In her homeland, he would have been begging for her mercy. Here, she was unknown. Invisible.

Nayci

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:39 pm
For what it was worth, Azazel chuffed a quiet chuckle under his breath. The deep purple mare that he had accidentally run into was certainly not of the regular sort he’d dealt with in these parts. Sure, he’d seen all types over the past few years. The old. The young. The healthy. The sick. Those looking for adventure and those looking to settle down. Yet, this mare didn’t fit in any of them and due to that, there was much curiosity to be had to say the least. Not that he let it show as there wasn’t a point to do so.

“Aye, that you are not, lass,” he responded smoothly giving her a small smirk, and completely ignoring her clearly unamused and hostile glare, “however, proper etiquette towards others to ensure they’re not hurt is warranted regardless.”

With a tip of his head and a turn of tail, he cast her another brief glance over his shoulder, “whatever your journey is, lass, may you find it quickly and execute it in earnest without any mercy. And should you need a place for good food, rest or information, the watering hole here is the best around.”

And with that Azazel began his trek to the watering hole once more. The smell of the crackling of the fire, and hearing the scurrying of the raccoons who helped cook the fish only becoming more pronounced as he got closer. A proper meal was definitely what he needed after a hard day of hunting. However, the mare he left on the paths was in the back of his mind. Clearly not from around here, much like himself. Stuck out like a sore thumb, much like himself. And was very…spicy. The thought brought another amused chuckle to himself as he greeted his partner’s mate.

“You look like you’ve found a whole new plaything.” She raised an eyebrow as he settled into a corner not too far from the entrance to the grove. As one of her raccoon familiars placed a wooden plank in front of him with his favorite fish dish he gave her a wry grin.

“I wouldn’t go that far or call it that. Just met someone along my way to the greatest watering hole in all of the Kawani.”

With a roll of her eyes as he winked at her, the owner of the place made her way back towards the fires, “So you say. Now try not to cause a ruckus this time. You can't afford another debt.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it, lass.”

Once alone, a sigh escaped through his muzzle, closing his golden eyes to reground himself. The weight of the work he did settling into his bones as he began to eat his food. Why was that mare still in his mind? It was a fleeting passing. Nothing more. So why did it begin to dig up old memories of a time long passed? Why her?

Mr Cheri

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff