Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:47 pm
Images here  
The moon hung low on the horizon, having just begun its nightly ascent. It was a crescent tonight. Thin and waning, it was merely a sliver of its glory. Its golden-hued beams cascaded faintly over the land, like candlelight in the darkness. Eve Drekk stood atop a small hill, taking in the delicate sight. She had noticed the moon starting to wane in recent nights. A sign that a new cycle would soon begin. With it would come fresh beginnings for those of the earthly realm, as was usually the case with the new moon. “I wonder who will start anew this time?” The mare pondered aloud to no one in particular. There is an endless number of possibilities…  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Thelxinoë was feeling a little disgruntled today. Playing with a strand of pearl's he looked about, his glowing eyes an eerie sight in the darkness, even with the moons pale light, his glowing body was an interesting sight to see. He knew he was intimidating to those that didnt know him and he was quite alright with that.

His tail whipped behind him slowly and he brought it forward and placed the strand of pearls over it and used his long appendage to drape them over his shoulders, nestled among the crystals upon his back so they didn't fall.

As he stood in the pale light he spotted movement on a hill nearby. A dark figure stood there and he grew curious. Wanting to check out who it was the male moved that way slowly. [WC 135]  
Eve stood silently, lost in the ambiance of the moon. Her gaze remained locked on the pale sliver. “I wonder where you will travel next?” She questioned the heavenly body. It had always been a curiosity to the mare. As with the seasons, the heavens changed and altered themselves throughout time. Eve wondered if the celestial entities had a home they resided in or if they simply dipped below the horizon, waiting patiently for their turn to reemerge the next day or night. The astronomers of her herd often stated the sun and moon chased each other through the heavens. Each rotating around the lands but never able to catch one another. Some thought them to have been lovers. Others claimed them siblings. What they all agreed on is that they exist in the heavens, watching over those on the worldly plain.

She sighed. So many questions but never enough answers for her curious mind. “I hope you enjoy yourself, wherever you go.” A simple hope really, and a sincere one. Lowering her gaze, she stared out across the land that stretched out before her. Within the next few nights, the moon would vanish from sight for an evening, making it impossible to travel. Eve knew she should start back towards her family before then. Yet, it was difficult for her to find the motivation to do so. This hill provided a breathtaking view, both earthly and heavenly. She wanted nothing more than to drink it in for the moment. And drink it in she did.

As her gleaming eyes cast over the landscape below, something out of the ordinary grasped her attention. A glowing form moved across the field, slowly, cautiously. Eve cocked her head to one side. Her gaze tracked the being as it started its approach, though she did not budge from where she stood. Intrigue tugged at her, demanding that she remain to see who or what came near. [WC 321]  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:48 pm
It appeared to him that she was talking to herself, but that wasn't odd to him. Often time enough he'd find himself talking aloud to himself. Sometimes there was too much going on in one's head and you had to voice everything out loud to get everything in order. Still, this mare had him curious, what was it she was talking about? From a glance it seemed she kept looking towards the moon above, perhaps she was a worshiper of the celestial bodies? Not really paying it much more thought beyond that he finally grew close enough that he could talk to her.

"Lovely weather we are having this evening, don't you think?" The voice that escaped from his toothy grin was alluring in a sense, but he was trying his best to speak in a normal tone. He was his mother's son after all and he had a bit of the sirens call to his voice. When he wanted to get his way he had no issue manipulating other's to bend to his will, with nothing more than his silver tongue. For now though, he wanted to just be as normal as he could make himself. If only for a little while. {WC 203] @🐺 Kaya Nightshade 🌙  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:23 am
Eve followed the form’s procession towards her. As it drew nearer, it consolidated into the shape of a stallion. His body shimmered a brilliant blue against the darkness, his horns gleaming equally as brightly. Bluish-white crystals protruded from his back, emitting their own radiance, while his eyes glowed in a similar fashion to her own. She found herself entranced by him. It was as if he had harnessed the radiance of the moon within his body. Beautiful and wondrous.

The newcomer was the first to speak upon arrival. Once again, a chord was struck in the mare. He had a bit of a melodic quality to his voice. It did not inflect in the typical up-down rhythm that she had grown accustomed to in her travels; instead, it flowed in a gentle cadence which both soothed and captivated. Eve smiled at the stallion, further intrigued. “Yes, the heavens are happy tonight it seems. It has been a while since they have been calm like this.” She shifted so that she could face him more fully. “Perhaps it is because they wished us to meet one another. A child touched by the moon and one of the night...an interesting happenstance, wouldn’t you say?”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:23 am
Pausing as he drew near, his ears twitched slightly as her voice rolled through their soft opening. It wasn't an awful sound, her voice was nice, though he wasn't really sure what he had been expecting to hear when she had finally decided to speak in return. Had he given it much though? Cocking his head ever so slightly he gave it the barest of thoughts and let it pass. "Perhaps they did." The barest of glances was cast towards the sky before returning towards the galaxy colored mare that stood before him.

His long tail whipped behind him slowly and he was tempted to pull the pearls from his back and play with them a bit more but refrained, truly he just didn't want to draw attention to them. "You may call me Thelxinoe (Th-eh-l-k-i-n-o-ee) or Thelk if you wish." It wasn't the best introduction but he figured he'd get his name out of the way, carefully saying his name so that she could hear the full length of it if she wished to address him by his full title. "What may I call you by?" It was possible she wasn't going to introduce herself, but he didn't think she'd go without telling him who she was. [WC 208]@🐺 Kaya Nightshade 🌙  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
Eve tilted her head to one side, studying the stallion before her. He was a cautious one. His movements were purposeful and coordinated, but not in a predatory manner. She could tell by his gaze that he was examining her as much as she was him, determining what might be the best course of action. The mare was used to such glances. It was the travelers’ way. When encountering another it behooved one to approach carefully, to discern friend from foe.

She did not sense this particular stallion to be an enemy. He gleamed too brightly. Child of the moon that he was, it was doubtful he would have evil intentions. The pull of his voice brought her attention fully upon him once again. Her lips parted in a smile. “Thelxinoe- an exotic name, a fitting name,” Eve intoned, her voice a soft lilt. There was a note of patience and understanding in her tone, born from her motherhood. Eve lowered her head in a bow. “My name is Eve Drekk, but do call me Eve please. It is a pleasure to meet you, Thelk.” Raising her eyes to meet his, she continued, “It has been awhile since I have met someone new. Is this land your home?”
@Astoria  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:24 am
So it would appear this wasn't an area familiar to her, which mean she was as new to this particular location as he was. This land was not his home, no but he was still debating on whether or not he should tell her so. Still, there was no reason for him to lie to this particular mare. "No Eve, this land is not my home." He said peering around the landscape briefly before moving a little closer to the smaller female. Given his particular lineage, he wasn't particularly large himself, yet he was much larger than her in comparison. It was likely something to do with her breed traits, but he was thankful he at least had some size on her. It was a bit bothersome when he came across a mare that rivaled him n size. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well. Just passing through?" [WC: 150] @🐺 Kaya Nightshade 🌙  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:27 am
The dark-hued mare dipped her head, “I am indeed. I am returning home after visiting with an old friend.” She once more lifted her face towards the moon, allowing its light to fall upon her fully. “But this land offered such a beautiful view that I have lingered longer than probably necessary. Its spacious clearing and large hills provide an extraordinary setting to watch over the moon, and I find myself unable to look away.” Eve cast a sidelong glance at the stallion. He stood closer than a moment prior, showcasing his larger stature. She did not mind the size difference though. Being of Flutter descent, the mare had grown accustomed to standing smaller than others. “I want to observe the moon for as long as I am able, before it disappears from the heavens in a few nights’ time.” Eve fell silent as she continued her vigil. Try as she might, she simply could never ignore the moon’s radiance. If she were not aware of herself and her company, she would have stayed like that for the remainder of the night. As it was, however, she felt her manners may be lacking. “What of you?” Eve asked of her companion, blinking as she looked back at him. “It seems as if you are passing through these lands as well. Are you on your way home then?” [227]
@Astoria  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:27 am
Listening as she spoke he gave a slow nod of his head. At her comment about the moon he wondered how long she had already been standing here. So you'll be here all night I gather? His long tail swayed slightly atop the grass as he dug his claws into the soft soil he stood upon. The scent was a wonderful rush of dank earth and it brought a small smile to his features. Her fascination with the moon was intriguing though.

Giving a submissive shrug he wasn't entirely sure how to answer. Yes and no... lifting a paw he reached up and pulled a strand of glowing pearls from behind his neck and held them out towards her to look at. I am from the sea, in a sense. I travel to and from the waters of these lands and collect the pearls and with some help string them together into trinkets for trading. While that wasn't all he sought he didn't feel it was necessary to tell her he was also out for information he could bring back to his mother that may be useful. [187]@🐺 Kaya Nightshade 🌙  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:29 am
A smile touched upon her lips. “The moon’s call is strong,” she inclined her head. “Especially when it is set to disappear for a time. We children of the night soak in its beauty as much as we can before that moment.” Pivoting, Eve now faced him entirely, though her stance allowed her to keep the moon visible in her periphery. “However, even we cannot remain awake forever.” There was an almost playful quality to her tone when she spoke the last, not quite teasing but certainly less serious than one might imagine. “You are right though. My original intent was to observe the moon for a time before finding a place to rest in the forest. But, as you have guessed, I will stay here instead so that I can keep watch until slumber claims me.”

With her plans for the night laid bare, Eve awaited his response. She found herself intrigued by the stallion, curiosity piqued by more than his unique appearance and entrancing voice. He was a curious one indeed. Cautious in retort yet open enough to give answer. An aura of mystique furthered by his reply to her. “The sea is a wondrous place,” Eve nodded, features soft as her gleaming eyes studied the gorgeous pearls he held. “She produces such amazing things. It is a lucky thing to be her child as well.” There was a hesitation as the mare seemed to ponder something. A question she was not sure whether to ask or let be. After a moment’s pause, Eve decided it could not hurt to offer. “Would you like to join me? As a child of the moon, I would rather enjoy the company of a child of the sea.” If he chose not to accept, then she would not be offended. After all, she had long since learned not everyone lingered as she tended to. Yet...part of her hoped he would agree
@Astoria  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:29 am
Long tail swayed behind him gently as he played with the beads in one of his clawed feet again. “As the moon and the sea are bound to one another, how can I say no?” A smile spread across his stoic features.

She was a ways up the hill, but not too far where it was going to take him more than a few steps to join her. Moving up to her left he gave her a sideways glance before turning his gaze towards the sky. “What do you know of the moon and stars?” He asked curiously.

He knew a thing or two but it was always interesting to hear what others knew and what stories they were told growing up. @🐺 Kaya Nightshade 🌙  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games