Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Clandestine Affair (Tiernan & Regulus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was nothing wrong with him. He swore that there was nothing wrong with him. Pawing at the ground, Tiernan paced back and forth in front of the cave that had become a quite familiar sight. What in Kalona's name had he been thinking? A mixture of shame and what could only be described as denial had washed over him. As he stared into the shadows within the cave, he found himself still deliberating whether he should go inside.

What was he thinking? What had taken him down this path? Where had he gone wrong? Surely his parents would be deeply disappointed in him if they knew where he intended to go. Somehow he couldn't stop his hooves from wandering this way, however. Sometimes when he thought he was just catching the breeze with his wings he found his way to the cave as if he couldn't avoid it. As if the path were inexorable, irresistible. Drawn like a moth to a flame, the kalona railed against his fate... and yet marched toward it at once.

Right or wrong, here he was. Was there any sense in hiding, now that he had arrived? Whatever anyone might think of him, he had come here for a reason. He drew himself up, carrying himself with the pride only a pure kalona could. Never mind that he was tarnishing himself and his reputation through the very act of approaching. The stallion stepped into that darkness, nostrils flaring as if to catch the scent of the one he sought.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Regulus might not have been aware of the war that was raging within the kalona outside his stoop--but he was aware of his presence. Deep within the shadows of the cave that he currently called home, the dark skinned, feathered winged angenilona waited to see whether or not his guest would enter.

He was too proud to go out and retrieve him directly, but the curly-maned stallion was impatient for the other to make up his mind. Would he stay or would he go? Honestly, Regulus was surprised the kalona continued to seek him out--he knew enough of Tiernan to know that he was of pure blood, and shouldn't associate with those of lesser blood. Or at least, in terms of Regulus, impure blood. He was also well aware that many pure kalona looked upon him with dismay or outright aggression. Their initial meeting had been one of chance... their second meeting one of coincidence. But every other time after?

The kalona's tail flicked with impatience. There was no sense in wondering about Tiernan, after all--he would do as he wished. Turning his head, the stallion began to preen his top set of feathered wings, knowing full well that the other outside might well take all night before he came to a decision. Thankfully, the kalona didn't take that long...

Step by step, Regulus heard the other's approach-though he didn't stop preening his feathers. It was only when Tiernan came within view that the stallion paused in his preening, to regard the other with a long look. Though the light of the entrance was dim, his vision was strong enough to make up the difference. "Tiernan," he greeted, words low and almost a growl. "I had begun to give up hope you might join me again--you certainly took your time about it." Still, there was no malice in his words, for indeed, Regulus was glad for his particular company.

Besides, the angeni mix well knew his place, at least when it concerned Tiernan. He was nothing but a dirty little secret... But what did it matter? The kalona was here now, and nobody outside needed to know.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:44 pm

As he approached the other stallion, Tiernan's many-tendrilled tentacle tail lashed, his disquiet showing in the flick of his ears. Coming here had been a true trial for the stallion, who did not at all appreciate the reminder that it had taken him some time to come to this decision. Nevertheless, that did not stop him from pacing to stand just out of reach.

"Oh? I'm surprised that you would be anything but confident in my arrival." Given the outward casual arrogance the other exhibited, his own feelings on the matter were surely not so out of place. "You don't see in any distress," he pointed out - for indeed, Regulus had been in the midst of preening his feathered wings when he'd appeared. The kalona's tail lashed again, the ends flicking in a mildly annoyed fashion. Still... the tension between them was palpable.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:09 pm
The others irritation was obvious. His tail was thrashing, and he seemed more aggrieved than delighted to be well within the depths of his cave. Regulus wasn't completely unaware, or unsympathetic, to the trial the other faced; but in the grand scheme of things, if history repeated itself -- and it always did -- it would likely not be Tiernan to suffer. At least, that was how it seemed to the half-breed. If he could but quit the breed entirely....

But there was a strength, arrogance, and passion within the hearts of may a pure kalona--and it was that very pride that made Regulus weak. He couldn't help his interest and intrigue any more than he could help the fact he'd been born cursed with feathered wings. Something had gone quite amiss given his brother had been born looking pure. And his family had been pure. He should have been pure but the spirits were cruel and the great god Kalona the most insufferable of them all. To give him the heart of a kalona, but the wings of an enemy....

A wretched fate, indeed.

But for all the inevitable hurt to come, he was grateful Tiernan had decided to approach--for all that he could have flown. His own spaded tail curled and flicked in thought as he observed the other--just out of reach, of course. "All the better for it. I doubt you would respect a stallion with such a weak spirit." But oh, he was weak... At least when it came to his budding feelings. Feelings he would keep secret, just as he always must and always would--for they were hopeless. Sure as the sun rose in the sky, Regulus was aware that their affair was doomed.

he had yet to meet a purist who desired to stay. Not when it was their duty to keep the blood strong... But, the angenilona had no desire to think such thoughts; nor did he wish to hurry the other to leave. He would cherish what they had, no matter the complications, no matter what one should or shouldn't feel. "... but I am glad you came. Am glad you're here." This time he admitted the words a bit more softly, a bit more quietly--just for Tiernan to hear. This time, he stepped forward, hoping to lessen the distance between them.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:26 pm

In spite of himself, Tiernan possessed a growing fascination for the angenilona. A certain magnetic attraction that demanded an answer. "No, you are correct... I could not respect someone weak." It was a frank answer without a trace of hesitation or regret. He was who he was, unapologetically. Except, of course, for this dirty little secret who demanded so much of him. The lashing of his tail slowed, though it did not entirely subside. Regulus was all but touching him now.

Oblivious to the other's thoughts, the proud kalona snorted. "Are you? Then again... I suppose the answer is obvious." No matter how smooth Regulus might be, there was no way to conceal some of his excitement. Tiernan found him easy to read, for he gave off the signals of a kalona, not of some lesser breed. In a way that was strange, as he seemed... mixed. "And now that I'm here?" he asked, his tail coiling about one of Regulus's legs in an unconsciously acquisitive manner.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:00 am
Regulus wasn't offended by the answer--he had expected it, after all, and was similarly inclined. Perhaps it was the kalona blood in him, or simply a toxic need for strength and power to be in his life, but he too, could not abide weakness or frailty. Then again, it was not a common kalona trait, something his tastes very strongly preferred.

The touch of the other seemed to ignite a flame within the other. Though it was but a tendril, it was enough. He was large for a kalona--larger still for being of mixed angeni blood. Tiernan might have been strong and fierce, but at least in terms of physical stature, Regulus had him well beat. Without hesitation, he reached out a feathered wing, and draped it over the other--before pulled him closer to him. The touch of his feathers might have been gentle--but his wings were strong, and it was that power that allowed him to draw the other near.

"We take advantage of the time we have." It wasn't even a request, so much as a demand. "At least tell me what you've been up to since last we met." At this, he draped his neck over the other, taking a moment to n** and nuzzle at his wings and shoulders.

Tiernan wasn't the only one who could be acquisitive.
Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:17 am

It was eerie just how much Regulus sounded like a pure kalona, like any one of Tiernan's brothers or uncles. A stallion with, it would seem, supreme confidence. There was strength in the other's form, but even greater strength in his voice. As Regulus's wing drew him in against him, Tiernan dug his hooves into the cave floor... but the angenilona was stronger. It galled the young kalona somewhat, but what could he say? If he made any comment it would draw attention to the fact that his own strength was the lesser.

As Regulus began to speak, Tiernan's tail coiled all the more tightly around his leg, as if to defy him. "What else does a kalona get up to? Hunting, mainly. Scouting for any skinwalker sign." The Black Skull herd had a legendary hatred and vendetta against any and all skinwalkers. They might make an exception for a charmedwalker, but it would certainly require clear proof that the creature in question was in command of his or her faculties. "I caught a scent recently... wolfwalker, probably, if I'm any judge." This was not precisely what one envisioned discussing whilst being practically cuddled.

"And what of you?" What indeed had Regulus been up to, other than clearly awaiting his arrival?

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:25 pm
The stallion felt the others tension, and paused in his grooming to consider it. Kalona and their damned pride... Perhaps it was the angeni in him, but Regulus certainly wanted to be sure his companion wasn't completely miserable. Tiernan had been the one to seek him out, after all. But if the stallion didn't want such attentions, surely he wouldn't be holding onto his leg, nor would he be so docile in his reception. For all that he seemed to want to resist the contact, he had not growled, had not bared his fangs, and would have certainly left him bloody if he'd crossed a line.

So it was, the stallion resume his ministrations, hoping that the other might relax. He was safe with him. There were no prying eyes to find out Tiernan's secret. The stallion did give a small rumble of discontent at the admission that a wolfwalker might be in the area. "Damned things seem to be everywhere these days," he snarled, his own tail giving a thrash at the thought of such a threat. "A plague the Kawani need be rid of." Nevermind the angenicharms -- they did as much harm as they did good, allowing those who were still evil and corrupt to have more of their senses and wits.

Clearly, Regulus would need to be more alert during his own sweeps while hunting or drinking. "Much of the same, really. Avoiding certain territory, covering up my tracks." The fact he had to hunt on lands not his own wasn't easy, especially so close to a land of purists. While he generally left Black Skull alone, and did his best to avoid taking down prey on their land--he also had no control over where the game trails headed.

Perhaps he would have moved to more favorable and neutral territory...but someone black, silver, and purple had kept him distracted and made Regulus much more inclined to remain.
Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Had Tiernan truly not wanted to be there, no power in Kawani could have kept him there. Not even Regulus. The other might be stronger, true, but Tiernan was a fierce and strong Kalona. He could and would fight tooth and hoof to be free of someone he didn't care for. After all, had he not been trained in the art of fighting from the grand dame of Kalona herself? No grandson of an elder, adopted or not, would be so ill prepared to face the day.

But Tiernan did put up a little fuss and fight, merely for the show of it. After all, it wouldn't do to go swooning into Regulus's feathered wings. Now, if those same wings had had far fewer feathers and been leathery like his own? It certainly would have been a different matter. As it was, the stallion flicked his ears back to listen to what the halfbreed said. "Mm... yes, it is dangerous in the Kawani lands. Foolish creatures should never have let Oyohusa's malice spread so far." As far as he was concerned, two leggers had unleashed this evil upon the land.

To hear his grandmother tell of it, his adoptive grandsire, long deceased, had been present to aid the Kawani when Oyahusa's evil had first plagued the land. After the stallion's passing, Black Skull herd had made it their mission to rid the land of the beasts. Yet it seemed there were more of them nearly each day. "Be careful," he said, tail lashing slightly as he remembered just how close the skinwalker's scent had been to this place. He hadn't smelled anything on his way to the cave, but a bit further afield? Yes, it was there.

"I'll keep you safe," he said abruptly, and then regretted it. Yet wasn't it his duty as a Black Skull kalona? Dimly aware that Regulus was still preening his wings, the young kalona relaxed slightly under those attentions. Whether or not he was ready to face what this meant didn't matter.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:37 pm
Regulus continued to groom the other, pleased when the dark kalona seemed to relax a little bit more against him. He wouldn't point it out, but simply continue--pausing now and then to pick at a few pin-feathers--and otherwise keep Tiernan beneath his black wings. They didn't have to talk about what any of it meant--all Regulus would savor was the time he had with the kalona. He could have his secrets, too.

"Two leggers shouldn't have been allowed such power, much less allowed such tolerance." Perhaps he was in the minority, but angeni blood be damned, the soquili absolutely abehorred the two-legged beasts that roamed the Kawani. Just as mutants and walkers seemed to be on the rise, so did the tribes and camps of two-legged ones. Had they not brought the curse to the land? Had that wretched rumored tree brought forth even more purewalkers? Regulus blamed Oyohusa himself, and the two-leggers, for surely that tree wuld not have been so powerful if the curse hadn't been let loose.

Tiernan's command to be careful, as well as his abrupt confession of keeping him safe, did surprise Regulus.... even as his heart warmed. He wouldn't call out the other--did not wish to cause the to retract his words or pull away--but he was glad the pure at least seemed to want him to be safe. "I'll be cautious as ever," he assured, leaning in to offer the other's neck a small brush with his nose. "I have no doubt you'll keep me safe. A mixed breed surely doesn't stand a chance where a kalona like you might." He complimented. While he might have been larger... Tiernan was still a draft. And there was certainly weight and power behind his hooves.

"You be safe too, coming and going. If it's better to stay near to your herd until the threat is disposed of, I understand." Not that Tiernan was a coward, but why risk being caught alone if one didn't have to be?

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:08 pm

Listening to Regulus speak while so close to him was... unique. A little distracting, if he were to be perfectly honest. Tiernan's ear followed his voice as the other preened him. "I don't think anyone tried to allow them to have that power. My grand dame's former mate tried to stop the one who used such power... but it was unsuccessful." It was a part of the family history, even if he in particular was not descended from that stallion. Still... he could not disagree that more should have been done to curb it at the start.

Part of the stallion wanted to place his own wing over Regulus, and he resisted the impulse with every fiber of his being. To show such partiality to a mixed breed was unwise. Unlike him. Still, his wing twitched, as if he might still be considering such a thing. "Mm. It's true that I possess certain natural advantages," he agreed. He was a pure kalona. More than that, his own dame had been instructing him in the use of poisons. While it would be unwise to hold such a thing in his mouth, perhaps he could coat his hooves in it?

"Of course I'll be safe." Tiernan snorted. "I'm no fool to run carelessly into avoidable danger." His feathers puffed up slightly, a display of pride and ferocity. As a draft kalona, he could endure quite a lot, and come back kicking. "Do you think I'm afraid?" After all, he'd been taught how to avoid skinwalkers for all of his young life.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:06 pm
The feathered half-kalona gave a small snort in amusement at his companions defense and defiance. The pride that oozed off Tiernan was quite familiar--a breed trait that he had come face-to-face with plenty of times, and even inherited himself. It was endearing in a way -- not that he'd admit it to the pale maned stallion. Instead, he'd let the other draw himself up and keep any concern private.

Skinwalkers were not stronger than kalona--but any battle could turn fatal. Success was never guaranteed. Thankfully, Tiernan came from an established herd--so long as he made it to his lands and back, he would certainly be more than fine. As for Regulus--well, he wasn't worried or overly concerned. He was used to moving about alone.

"I never said that," Regulus reassured, tightening his grip on the other with his feathered wings. "I'm well aware you're no fool." But he was concerned because he cared. If the young stallion didn't understand that, then it would do no good for him to underline it. Tiernan was important to him... or at least, was quickly becoming so. Not that it mattered, of course--he was well aware that no matter how the stallion might seek him out, no matter how they might enjoy one another's company, there was little chance Tiernan would leave his herd for him; and even less a chance a herd of purists would accept one like him. A hopeless affair, really...

But not something he had to worry about at present. For right now, Tiernan had sought him out. "But enough of the threats that lurk outside. You're here now, and that's what I'd like to focus on. It isn't everyday I get such distinguished and alluring company," he rumbled, giving the other a small, possessive n** on the neck.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:58 pm

Whatever his reservations might have been, the truth was that Tiernan could not resist Regulus. It was a truth he was working to conceal, his pride quite in the way of their passion. Or was it something more? He was practically deceiving himself at this point, adamant that his feelings did not extend beyond a physical attraction. And why should he not be attracted to what he had at first thought was a pure kalona? Certainly Regulus had the attitude of a kalona, if not the wings.

His ear swiveled around at the other's words, tail flicking lightly as he listened. "I should hope not," he said, a hint of a growl in his voice. For he was not there every single day, so if the hybrid entertained such company every day, it surely would not be with him. But the n** assuaged his irritation, and his tail slowed in its lashing.

"You should focus on me," he informed Regulus, turning to n** him lightly on the ear. He had to lean up to do so, as the other was annoyingly large, but he made it look natural. As though he hadn't had to go out of his way to catch hold of him.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:04 pm
Regulus gave a small flick of his spaded tail when the smaller Tiernan nipped at his ear. Still, he did not object to such treatment for it hardly mattered a lick -- the n** didn't hurt, and it was endearing to see the other irritated. The fact that he could wind up and rile the other pleased him so--especially because it meant the smaller wanted his attention--even for just a short while. How complimentary, really, that a purebred kalona might be so irate about where a half-breed opted to spend his time?

"So I shall," he agreed.

Let the little kalona make his demands... for Regulus was quite wrapped around his hoof. He knew soon that far too soon their time would be up. He couldn't keep the feisty Tiernan around forever. In fact, he couldn't keep him around for more than a few hours. Ah, but it ate at him. What had started as a temporary amusement was fast turning into something more--not that he would ever admit it. Foolish of him to start having feelings... especially when they were ones he knew could never be truly reciprocated. Certainly, a purist kalona would never allow himself to get so permanently involved.

Well, it didn't matter--wouldn't matter. No matter what he might imagine, hope, or daydream about, his feelings could never truly matter--not to one like Tiernan. Besides which, the stallion was a fool to worry about such things, especially when he had Tiernan back in his cave. Their time together was limited, after all, and if he wanted to covet and cherish it, had needed to do so instead of wishing away their future. So it was, the stallion made good on his promise, and focused on entertaining the kalona in the very way he knew best.

-fin-

Mr Cheri
That's a wrap!

Uta

Shy Mage

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items