Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Skirting Dangerous Territory (Shen x Chrysopeleia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:15 pm
User Image

The golden stallion picked his way carefully along a narrow mountain trail, following a stream that he knew would bring him southward through the forest, then on towards the eastern swamp. He had just spent several days lost in a thick wood north of the mountain range, tucked away in a hidden corner of the world. There he had had a most interesting encounter with a winged and clawed mare who had created her own secret ways around that dark and twisted wood. She claimed to have lived there for hundreds of years, creating a network of paths and tunnels, laying traps, foraging for herbs, and hiding ritual bones throughout the expansive forest. While the eccentric mare definitely had the stench of a creature that old, Shen found it hard to believe. She had told him many strange things, spoken to bones, burned a few things. Though some may have found her frightening, she never seemed a threat to Shen and he rather enjoyed the odd knowledge she shared with him.

She had brought him to the edge of her forest and sent him off along his way, pointing him towards the stream, which would grow to become a river flowing into the forest on the other side of the mountain range. She said she never left her forest, and had appeared uneasy and wary as she reached the boundary of her wood.

Shen had been travelling for several days and had finally noticed the water picking up speed, its banks widening to a full-fledged river. As his path sloped dramatically downward and the mountainside melted into the forest on the other side, he could already smell the dankness of the swamp that lay at the mouth of the growing river. Assured that he was headed in the right direction, he quickened his pace to a light trot as the trail widened slightly to become more comfortable.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chrysopeleia hummed to herself as she delicately picked her way through the forest, the gaze of her striking red eyes lingering appreciatively on the trees as she passed each of them by. She'd left her veil at home in her nest -- it wouldn't do to leave Flock territory unable to see clearly -- but the rest of her body was adorned in her favored golden jewelry, green feathers, and red gems that matched the color of her eyes. Many of the Flock found her to be odd due to her strange obsession with trees, but she couldn't help herself; they were strong and sturdy -- unyielding -- and when she was around them she felt that way, too. While she wasn't lacking in muscle, her body was short and slender -- built for swift, graceful movements over brute strength. She was not unmovable like the trees. That was okay, though. She was happy to be a friend of the trees, and to put her understanding of them to use to grow fruit and nuts for the Flock.

She didn't often wander outside of Flock territory, but Leia enjoyed meeting new trees as much as other soquili enjoyed meeting new friends. She got to know their roots, the strength of their bark, the color of their leaves -- and they didn't give her strange looks when she talked about them too much. It was easier to get along with trees than with other soquili... and so when she heard the trotting of hooves on the nearby path, Leia froze where she stood, momentarily unsure what to do. She used the cover of the trees to spy on the newcomer, peering at him from behind the trunk of a thick tree.

Ah, it was a stallion! He appeared to have a kind face, but Leia knew better than to let her guard down around outsiders -- especially when they sported sharp horns, even if he was a unicorn. That didn't mean he wouldn't use it as a weapon if he felt threatened. Relaxing, Leia slipped out from between the trees into the trail, fanning out her feathers in a flirty display. "Hello there," she cooed, tilting her head as she observed him. "Where are you off to, hazelnut?"

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:49 pm
He came to a halt as the mare interceded his path, slightly startled. His golden threads tingled together lightly as he stopped and took in the sight of the mare in front of him. He was immediately reminded of Hyela as the mare fanned her feathers out before him, though this mare had four clawed feet to Hyela's two. Her face was framed by feathers both brown and green, and she was adorned with gold and red jewels. She spoke and carried herself coyly, something sweet and desirous in her voice and her movements. She seemed kind enough and no immediate threat, but he still kept his guard up as he bowed his head lightly in greeting, noticing the nickname she had given him.

"Why, hello there to you." He offered a warm smile as he lifted his head back up and locked eyes with the mare. "I am just passing through, for the moment. I've been wandering the lands nearby, seeking out new places and new friends."

The end of Hyela's prophecy suddenly repeated in his mind.
"There is one who will offer to give you what you want. There is one who can release you of the burden of fear. There is one who can offer support and strength in partnership. She had also mentioned one who would try to trick him. Hyela had offered no insight as to when or where he was to meet this other soul, or indeed if it was just one or many who would fulfill her predictions. He wondered if this mare before him was any of the above, or just a passing meeting of no consequence. Intrigued by the possibilities this new acquaintance might hold, he made an offer of friendship.

"You may call me what you like, so long as it is kind, but my name is Shen, if you wish to use it."

Calixita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Pleased to meet you, Shen. My name is Chrysopeleia, but I know that's a bit of a mouthful; you can call me Leia. We needn't be so formal, do we?" Leia noticed he hasn't answered her question, but the stallion seemed like he was just trying to be polite, not hide anything. Maybe he'd be more open if she held out the olive branch first, so to speak. "Aren't the trees here lovely? I like to come here often to admire them. They've been here so much longer than you and I, and will be here long after, too." She ran a claw over the bark of one of the trees, feeling the rough bark, but careful not to carve into it with her talons. She didn't want to hurt them. "I wish I could understand them better. Think of all the stories they could tell! I suspect they'll gossip about our meeting, too," she said in a teasing tone, winking at Shen. "What brings you all the way out here? I like to visit these trees often, and I'm sure I'd remember seeing a handsome face like yours." Leia tried not to flinch at the line; maybe she was laying it on a bit thick. She could scare the stallion away if she wasn't careful -- she wanted him to at least stick around long enough to propose coming back with her to the Flock, if she found him worthy enough. Aesthetically, at least, she found him very pleasing to the eye. She knew she ought to be looking for other things in a stallion, such as strength and maybe claws, or new genetics that would be beneficial to the Flock -- but Leia's tastes ran a lot simpler. If he was handsome and kind, that was enough for her.

Nori Ishida

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:20 am
He chuckled a bit as she mentioned him being proper. "It is nice to meet you, Leia. My apologies for the formality," he said kindly. "It must be a remnant of my upbringing. My parents had a tendency to be..." he paused, thinking. There were a great many things he parents had a penchant for, namely dysfunction, but there was no need to burden this friendly mare with his family's dramatics. "Proper," he finished simply.

Shen listened to her speak about the trees and was intrigued at her passion for them. He loved watching others talk about things they loved. She clearly knew these trees well, seemed to almost revere and respect them. She spoke about them as Hyela spoke about her bones, as if they were sentient and could tell stories of the things they saw.

He blushed as she suddenly called him handsome. He had gotten so wrapped up in listening to her speak her passion that it was very unexpected. He gathered himself, smiling graciously at the compliment before answering her question.

"I must admit I am simply wandering, somewhat aimlessly. You see, I spent several years searching for my brother, but I recently accepted the fact that he may not want to be found." There were, of course, other possible explanations for his brother's disappearance from these lands, but Shen preferred not to give those possibilities much thought. He preferred to keep Huojin alive in his thoughts. "I spent much of my early years tirelessly searching for him, without truly living my life. With the help of a friend, I was able to accept that I will likely not find my brother, and that he would have wanted me to thrive and live a life I could enjoy. So I've set out to see the world, you might say. I recently came from a forest east of here, and am heading south now." He met the mare's red eyes, smiling his ever-present serene grin. "That is, unless you think there is a better direction for me to head. I'm quite unfamiliar with these lands and was simply following the flow of the river." He was unsure of this mare's intentions, but she seemed harmless enough, and perhaps she could show him things he would not otherwise see.

Calixita

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff