Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:43 pm
User Image

"How could you have allowed this to happen?!"

Everything was ruined. The whole plan destroyed. Everything that she had worked for. All the years and years of careful planning was going to be ruined. Anais paced in her cave, her tail violently whipping back and forth, her mouth set in a permanent snarl. It was hers by right, he didn't even want it! He had gone and sired mutts with some half-breed instead of choosing a proud mare to carry on his family line from his own kind. Some common horse. Not even a full Angeni, which would at least have demanded some respect in their own right. He'd still have needed to take a proper mate and sire proper heirs, but an Angeni would have been tolerated on the side. But she hadn't even been that!

"It's not that big of a deal..." grumbled the stallion with her. She nearly sprang at him to tear his throat out. Not a big deal? Not a big deal! He wouldn't have dared say that to her before. Now that he was able to think for himself and make rational decisions? He had decided to talk back. What use was a Walker unless they were dumb and wild?

The glare she directed at him made him flinch. At least the damned stone hadn't taken complete control over his senses. Yet.

"What's not a big deal?" Anais said this softly, almost calmly. She felt anything but calm at this moment. He must know that. Now that the stone was clearing up the fog inside his mind. She had first seen the signs months ago. He had said it wouldn't happen. Sometimes they didn't take, if the Walker was too old. She hadn't believed him. They often took root. "What use do I have for you now? You won't be able to do what I need you to. You're growing....Soft."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:52 pm
User Image

That savage tail every so often would whip out at Kunzite. He winced every time, growing more and more annoyed with it but he daren't do anything about it. Anais wasn't a Shifter, it was true. She didn't have the ability to shapeshift to a more predatory body. It was also true that she didn't need to. The claws on her pawed feet were just as sharp as his own, two of her teeth long and filed to points just like his own. She was everything a Walker was. All she missed was the pelt. He knew she wouldn't want the pelt. The main reason? It would hide her beautifully thick hair, carefully arranged in a spectacular hairstyle by the hands of her many small minions.

"I am not...." he answered her softly. He knew it to be a lie just as much as she did. He had grown soft. He was beginning to enjoy his short conversations with the half-Angeni mare they held captive further back in the cave, often in the darkness out of sight where she was too terrified to move forward to her freedom. He was starting to see how....Wrong this was. Luisella was such an innocent in this whole war with Kuraokami, her father. His feelings over this was another thing that had been changing since he'd accidentally walked into that Charmed trap. Before he didn't care about the politics. He was happy enough to kill. Now he saw how pointless it was. Anais had no claim to the land she felt was hers. Kuraokami's family had been there for generations. He was the oldest of his siblings, it was his by his birthright. "I can still do whatever you need me to."

Anais stopped in her pacing, her back towards the stallion. She turned her head just slightly, barely looking at him fully with one eye. One eye that was dangerously narrowed. "Oh? Can you, now? And if I asked you to kill that little half-breed, would you?" Silence followed the question, in which she watched as Kunzite looked anywhere but at her. Just as she thought. He would not. He was becoming soft. One such as him should have the bloodlust required to do just that at any moment. A Shifter was useless unless he was braindead between the ears. She needed someone to listen and not ask questions, not talk back, and certainly not refuse her orders.

"Oooh," the witch cooed, raising her thick tail to brush underneath his chin. She felt much satisfaction at seeing him flinch away from her. At least he would be useful for a little bit longer. So long as he remained afraid of her. As soon as she got her army, he would be the second one to die. Right after the half-breed he was now so fond of. "Don't worry, pet. I won't kill her just yet. Can't have daddy angry at me, can we?" Kuraokami wouldn't dare risk his daughter's life in an attack. Too soft. Everyone was just so soft and kind. And stupid. Kindness was a curse. Sensitivity something to take advantage of.

Chuckling to herself, Anais turned around to face him, a wicked smile on her face as she added, "You had better do as I say, no matter what is going on inside that little head and heart of yours." Than she turned and left him standing there alone in the cave. She had business to attend to outside. Let him stew on his decisions a little bit.

Kunzite kept quiet, letting Anais speak her mind. Saying anything would just make her madder. And it wasn't as if she was wrong. Eventually she would grow bored of yelling at him and leave. When that time came, he continued to remain silent, watching her leave until she was out of sight. Probably off to check her other Shifters for charms. It was only a matter of time before more and more were caught in the traps. There were very determined Angeni out there.

He stared at the world just outside the entrance of the cave. He didn't feel like venturing out himself. Instead, he turned his back on it, strolling further into the darkness. His eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness, eyes that were more made for it than most equines.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:51 pm
User Image

Hidden in the darkness, Luisella had listened to the conversation. There was little else to do but listen or sleep. And she had had plenty of sleep recently.

"She seems extra mad today," she commented softly, one small hoof making just as small a noise as her voice did as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other. Anais always seemed mad. Luisella had been a prisoner of the mutant mare for long enough to know this. She never had a kind word for anyone, always delivering her orders in a rough voice that dared anyone to go against her. Of course no one ever did. A Shifter she was not, but her claws and teeth were just as sharp as one. Luisella should know. She'd been victim to them enough when the older mare had been in a rage over something and taken it out on her.

----------

"Isn't she always?" the stallion growled out, coming closer to the petite mare in the darkness. He stopped, staying far enough away that neither of them could touch, even if they extended their necks out towards the other. It was just one of the ways he was changing. Becoming more aware of how he behaved and adjusting it.

----------

"Yes," Luisella answered softly, swishing her many tails across the stone floor. She longed for the grass of outside. The stones were hard on her feet, scrapping at her hooves. She imagined them to now have cracks in them. There was no way for her to get them treated while she was hidden here. Her welfare wasn't what was important. So long as she lived, even if it was barely living, that was what mattered. "I disagree with her, if it's anything to you. Having a soft heart isn't a bad thing. If not for it, I wouldn't have any company, would I? How lonely it would be her without you, Kunzite."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games