18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:06 am
User Image
User Image

Quote:
~Welcome to The Chronicles of an Elder's journey. Herein lies tales of a higher calling leading Celendria on an unforgettable journey within her Mountain home where she was born ~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:12 am
I stand remembering this moment in time as strong as it lingers within my mind.

The morning greeted me with a strange newness as it warmed my very being. Today was finally the day my daughter would protect the herd. The mountains had been calling me since Celenduin returned. Fate had decided that I take my first steps toward being an elder. I protected my herd from the dragons and their brood. My loyalty would never falter as I moved with the sun and moon for many years. Raising my children, both blood and adoption, was the greatest joy. Now, seeing Cerylia grow into her true self and my children find their footing, I could continue onward and fulfill my calling.

The morning was warm with a light breeze bringing the call of chirping birds and overly happy wildlife scurrying everywhere. This joyous moment caused a shiver within the elder, realizing her path left this beauty behind. The mountains were cold, sometimes foreboding, holding secrets not even the eldest tree whispered. The mare sighed, closing her eyes and intaking a deep breath.

It was time.

She found Cerylia assisting Tiranna with some pies causing a subtle smile in memory. Since they met several years ago, Celendria always picked the sweetest apples out of the basket before elderhood. Even when she grew into herself, she still found joy. The loving memory of Cerylia, almost as tall as her shoulders, invested her interest in her mother's everyday routine. Today mother and daughter would walk together for the last time till Celendria found her new calling. She whinnied in greeting as hooves carried her strong yet elegant frame toward the pair. Immediately, Tiranna cleaning her hands, hurried over to her mare, arms embracing as fingers twirled in the silvery locks. The elder knickered softly as she nibbed on the Kawani's braided hair. This particular routine had followed in a suit for years now. When Tirrana played her flute, Celendria somehow became her world and vice versa. The beloved Kawani maiden finally loosened her friend's embrace as if she knew Celendria had a plan. Celendria smiled momentarily before parusing the basket and choosing the sweetest apple. Extending her neck, she offered the apple, just barely pressuring with her teeth. Tiranna giggled as she accepted the apple. Just like the olden days when it was just her and her spirited mare. Once the apple was exchanged, her attention shifted to Cerylia. Smiling, the elder dipped her long neck toward her daughter. Cascading silver-white locks fell like a waterfall creating an elegant response for Celendria.

"Cerlia. You look well this morning."

The younger mare dipped her head, responding, "As are you, mother. I presume you need to speak with me"?

Celendria nodded, proud of her wise daughter. Cerylia was most like her mother out of all her children, "Yes. Please walk with me. There is much we need to discuss".

Cerylia smiled, "Of course. Lead the way when you are ready".

Celendria paused. "Very well" her tone was soft as hooves carried her away from the campsite.

WC: 511  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:23 am
Celendria lead Cerylia towards the familiar hills the younger mare played in as a foal. She and her other siblings were refreshing to watch over with new vigor and life. Cerylia, the norm of the group, had always been her mother's favorite. Unable to fly, she grounded herself by her mother's side for many moons. Even when her siblings found mates and moved on, Cerylia remained. Celendria always knew she could count on her daughter even when situations were unexplainable or worse. Her daughter would forever stay rooted in the place she loved and treasured. As Celendria continued upward to her place of sanctuary, her mind traveled outward on its wings. If she couldn't return from this journey, would Cerylia be capable of standing in her mother's hoofprints? It certainly was a huge role to fill, watching over the vast herd in protection and love. So many members had come and gone as mates were found and foals were born. Lake Haven was their sanctuary: a place to call home. Turning to look at the sparking lake beneath them, she smiled. Tiranna indeed found a paradise when she moved out on her own.

Cerylia felt a shiver, but she didn't dismiss it as she usually would. Her mother was planning something rather huge, if not life-changing. This process often felt normal as Celendria would walk with her daughter when the time was needed or warranted. The way she walked was like a dream to soak into your soul. Like a shifting piece of ice, the slender elder moved like a ghost to her destination. The more the younger mare kept a vigil on her mother, she knew deep within Celendria was preparing to go off somewhere. The tell-tale signs were as clear as the stream that ran throughout the campsite. Everything was revealing itself, from the little bends to the genuine twists and turns. She blinked momentarily, thinking herself as they finally stopped upon the overlook the elder usually stood in her surveillance.. There sat a familiar sight waiting for them. Two female wolves waiting, nearly alike in appearance, sat patiently waiting for the two mares. Amadahy sat waiting for Ceendria as she had done so many moons ago. Her daughter, Talulah, stayed for Cerylia. This moment in time spoke a million words and was silent as a gentle passing breeze. Waiting with bated breath, Cerylia wanted to know the answers; her mind was repeatedly whispering, but her mother should be the first to speak.

As if Celendria read her mind, she replied, "Cerylia, my daughter. Today is an extremely important one for us both. Hence, we will be starting a journey into a new life equally". At the first realization, the elder mare knew her daughter would gather concern, yet she'd never panic. This was her mother's path, and thus she would never let it hinder her feelings or attitude. Cerylia was steadfast and loyal, leaving her the perfect candidate to take over the routine her mother had perfected for a lifetime. She paused, awaiting her daughter's thoughts as she looked down at the two wolves letting her eyes smile with serenity.

Cerylia knew this moment would come no matter how many times her mother had never spoken of it. An elder's path was a long winding journey that broke into several facets of life. When a wall was reached, those with the guided sight would spread their proverbial wings and climb higher. Their father had disappeared into the recesses of everyone's minds which had been better. Her mother was taking this solo journey to find herself again. She swallowed with a nod, "I knew this day would come, Mother." It was a discreet reply with no ill will or hard feelings toward being left in charge. Even if Cerylia never reached the Mountain as her mother had, she'd still take the responsibility. "Do you know how long you'll be on your path?" A dedicated daughter always felt worried for her matriarch mother. Many things unseen, dangers untold, could leave your mind wandering for ages. Turning her head slowly, she gazed out over the valley below, the crystalline lake shimmering in the distance. When her legs were strong enough, she traveled shoulder height to her mother. This very outlook saw many things, reporting them back immediately. The rumors of the dragon Kalona still lingered in stories before she rested growing up. She couldn't fathom standing down a dragon, but she would if she had to. As she swayed her head once more, she looked down upon the teepee campsite. Tirranna was hanging out hides now as the fresh smell of baking apples filled her senses. Cerylia always grew amused at how Tirranna was always in tune with the herd. In the blink of an eye, she felt the gaze of their maiden looking upward toward them and always watching, always trusting, and never far from the herd. Cerylia knew deep down within. She'd have to protect that which was precious and priceless.

"She always knows where the herd travels, Cerylia". The elder spoke once more, "She means the world to me, as do my family, my herd. Not a day goes by where she forgets we are here". Feeling the gaze, Celendria dipped her head in respect. Tirranna smiled, dipping her head as well. Then the elder swayed her neck back to gaze upon her daughter, "An elder's path never ends, even in death. We are endless, timeless, and beloved. My daughter is not an elder, but you aspire to follow after me. I only hope love will capture you as it once captured me. I long to see you raise your own children as I have. For to witness love in its purest form is beyond comprehension".

Cerylia listened to her mother with a longing to feel and understand her words. Celendria adopted her step-sisters Glory & Samedi at a very young age. Both had found their own paths with families. She started to feel the pain of loneliness; her thoughts tied her within, but she stopped. A smile formed on her muzzle as her eyes twinkled in response, "Mother," she began with a more positive tone, "I've met someone. I want you to meet him someday. His name is e-Ton".

Celendria's ears swiveled smoothly toward her daughter's words, "You have? That's wonderful". Her eyes glistened in the sun's adorning rays, "I hope someday, daughter, you will live within the happiness I have".

WC: 1063 / 1574  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:30 am
Cerylia's ears swiveled, content that her mother was pleased, "I hoped you would meet him before your journey began."

Celendria shook her head, "Perhaps another time. The mountains have spoken strongly like an unyielding force. A voice has called me in which I must respond".

Cerylia shivered silently, not to raise the alarm within her mother. She knew the herd would listen, following the very words her mother had taught. She knew without a doubt her authority.

Celendria smiled, feeling the slight insecurity of her daughter, "I know you will do just fine, Cerylia. You've stepped many times in my shadow among all my herd, children, and children. Starting today, I need you to bask in the sun and be proud, timeless as you become my successor. To me, you'll always be my daughter. To the herd, you shall be their Matriarch."

The matriarch is such a colossal word to be bestowed upon someone so young yet wise in her years. Her heart shivered a little knowing this moment in time would be endless as they parted ways.

Celendria took a deep breath, hugging Cerylia with her neck as a single tear slowly shimmered downward, "It's time. I know you will not fail if your heart is as strong as you believe it to be. Be well and reach for the stars. When I return I know you'll have much to discuss".

Cerylia shed her tear, knowing this was a bittersweet moment.

Celendria nodded, looking downward toward her companion, "Come, Amadahy. We have a long road ahead".

Then elder and wolf stepped beside one another, slowly away from the spotted mare who stood in her shadow. As the light shined warmly on Cerylia's face, she smiled. Standing idle as her tail swished back and forth, she watched them melt away. The familiar glistening of her mother is only a memory now as a glimpse of her reappeared. Looking downward at Tallulah, she smiled, "I know it's hard, but we'll be alright."

Then she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. It would be not accessible at times, but her herd's support would guide her. Tirranna would also be there when she needed guidance, and everything would fall into place as it was supposed to. Smiling, she started walking back toward the campsite, smelling those fantastic pastries. Momentarily, she glanced one last time to the woods toward the mountains.

"Be well, Mother. I hope you return home soon," she spoke before returning with Tallulah by her side down the hill.

WC: 419 / 1,993  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers