Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:08 pm
Will you follow the Siren's Call?
Starts: Now
Closes: 30 July (No post posted on July 30 will be accepted)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Herd information can be found here (though I'm still setting it up so it's blank right now)

"Hear my voice beneath the sea
Sleeping now so peacefully
At the bottom of the sea
Sleep for all eternity
Soquili live so restlessly
Come with me, sleep peacefully
Listen to this siren's song
Worry not for nothing's wrong
Let my voice lead you this way
I will not lead you astray
Trust me as we reach the side
Jumping out where others have died
Hear my voice beneath the sea
At the bottom of the sea
Sleep for all eternity
Let the ocean fill your lungs
Struggle not, soon peace will come
Taking in your final breath
Sink down to the ocean's depths
"I wish I could always be
In the ocean's arms, you see"
He who'd wanted nothing more
Sleeps now at the ocean floor
Ocean was your lover's name
You had loved her all the same
Now you'll always be together
Sirens are so very clever
Hear my voice beneath the sea
At the bottom of the sea
Sleep for all eternity"

*Song by Sara Singer-edited for soquiliverse  

1. None of these beauties incur a cooldown.
  2. You MAY ONLY win one.
  3. This is a judged contest.
  4. Anyone may enter!
  5. They cannot leave the herd.
  6. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
  7. They do not have to be blood related to one another. They do call each other sister regardless of this. (Amphitrite and Idyia are full siblings, and Galatea is a Cousin to them for example- but they're all still called "sister")
  8. Names should be stemmed around the theme of sirens, mermaids, anything sea related. Names already taken are Tethys, Amphitrite, Idyia, Galatea.
    Links below for ideas.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanids
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nereids
  9. They DO NOT have to lure others to their deaths. It's not frowned upon in their herd for that to happen. Sometimes it's accidental, sometimes they could do it out of spite. It's up to you if you want your lady to do it on purpose, if at all.
  10. An RP I did if you wanna read it https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=25564977#394073700
  11. Please only enter for one, I'd like for you to try for the one you like the best of the three.
  12. I'll add more as I think of more.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

The Choir
Amphitrite
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Eldest and Leader- Amphitrite (will drown any land dwellers she feels is a threat to her sisters- is otherwise peaceful in nature) (goes for water living as well)

Idyia
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Youngest and twin to Amphitrite- Idyia (tries to save anyone and everyone. Is a bit of a bleeding heart)

Galatea
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Galatea (cousin to the twins above)(will drown any land dwellers just because she thinks it's a fun thing to do) (goes for water living as well)

Ione
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ione Owned by Anderliet She is curious about outsiders and newcomers to the herd, often greeting them and asking them for information. If the whim takes her, these friendly questions can turn into less-friendly little tests to determine if the newcomer is worthy to swim in the sirens' waters. She is not against drowning (or getting one of her sisters to drown) those she finds lacking.

??
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.?? Owned by Sesshy552

Tethys
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Tethys Owned By Lolly

You will be entering for one of these lovely ladies.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please fill out the form below to completion.

[b]Username: [/b]
[b]Which girl are you trying for:[/b] Orange, Opal, Pink
[b]Name and Meaning: [/b]
[b]Temper:: [/b] (optional)
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Plot Ideas: [/b]
[b]Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?:[/b]
[b]Favorite inspirational colors image:[/b] (so basically a color scheme etc)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:09 pm
Open!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:44 am
`raze
Hey raze! I forgot to put a spot for which one you're trying for. Please edit in if you'd like the Orange, Opal, or Pink girl <3 - Tori

Username: `raze
Which girl are you trying for: Opal
Name and Meaning: Eurybia - goddess of the mastery of the seas
Temper:: Guileful
Personality: Eurybia is focused on the perception of her image. Cool, calm, collected, all that jazz. She prides herself on how she appears to the sisters of the herd. She wants to be considered elegant, refined, and a mystery. Eurybia is so entranced with the crafting of her image she only knows two truths about herself, and that is she doesn't actally know who she is and that she does adore luring land-dwellers to their doom only to collect their accessories. Eurybia loves the finer things, and it seems many of them are found on those with 4 legs instead of two.
Plot Ideas:
- Eurybia feels a certain closeness and kinship with a sister that she reveals a crack in her facade and internal imposter syndrome
- Eurybia fails in a drowning of a land dweller and panics over the perception over her lack of finesse
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: Eurybia at her core is an insecure babe putting out an image into the world to make herself feel safe, and for the most part she believes she is who she has made herself out to be.
Favorite inspirational colors image: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

`raze

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:23 pm
ALSO! The last 3 in the group image are SC (still doesn't effect anyone with a cooldown as they are being given out via a contest *aside the girl I kept*) But there is the possibility of there being other SC. I haven't decided on that yet or not, but just in case I needed to mention it, I'm mentioning it now. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 pm
Username: magnadearel
Which girl are you trying for: Orange
Name and Meaning: Leucippe- means white horse
Temper:: (optional)
Personality: Leucippe loves her ocean home and her sisters. She's happy to run errands for them if they need help. Leuci sometimes likes to tease landbound ponies, but she never tries to drown them on purpose. In fact, she hates when her sisters drowns landbound or ocean ponies. She'll try to warn away any pony who accidentally stumbles upon the herd's territory.
Plot Ideas:
- get into an argument with a sister or two about how they shouldn't drown unsuspecting ponies.
- teases a land bound pony who gets into the water and starts to drown, which she then has to rescue.
- helps start a rumor with land bound ponies about getting them drowned if they aren't careful, to help keep them away from the water and her sisters.
- maybe falls in love with a landbound pony and has to keep them secret from her family OR gets hurt by a land pony and changes her mind about drowning.
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: she'll stay in the herd.
Favorite inspirational colors image:

magnadearel

Keantha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:42 pm
Username: Keantha
Name and Meaning: Daeira (Knowing One)
Temper:: Philosophical
Personality: Dae as her sisters call her, is always eager for knowledge. She wants to know all the hows and whys of life. While some may caution her against her insatiable need to know everything, Dae is fearless in her pursuit. This can lead her to have a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to any danger that might be in her path to the next bright idea.
Plot Ideas:
-Wisdom Shared: Dae would like to take all of her learning and start a school of sorts, sharing information that she has gathered with others so they may too learn and better themselves.
-Saving Grace: On one of her many explorations to find some hidden artifact, Dae finds herself in a spot of trouble. Perhaps one of her sisters will come to save her? Or will the brainy young mare have to resort to physical means for the first time in her life??
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: If interested, I would love her to be a twin to Anderliet's girl
Favorite inspirational colors image: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:26 pm
Username: catmagick
Which girl are you trying for: Pink
Name and Meaning: Nemesis , name of an Oceanids means retribution
Temper:: omit
Personality: She shows a friendly mask to the world but underneath she's spiteful and vindictive. Having been alone for as long as she can remember Nemesis is extremely protective of her found family and cares deeply for her sisters. She will not hesitate to get revenge on anyone she feels wronged her. Nem has a weakness for pretty things and has a hoard of things she's found on the ocean floor.
Plot Ideas:
You picked on the wrong mer: A land dweller bullys Nem or one of her sisters, Nem drowns them in revenge.

Sun, surf, and shells: A relaxing day collecting seashells
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: She's chaotic neutral. Nem's shell was swept away by a rogue current and lost. When Nem emerged and found herself alone she believed she had been abandoned.

catmagick

Magical Kitten

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 pm
Username: stormflower
Which girl are you trying for: Pink
Name and Meaning: Ianassa- Nereid; Appeared to Thetis when she cried out in sympathy for the grief of Achilles at the slaying of his friend Patroclus.
Temper:: (optional)
Personality: Ianassa or Ana as her sisters call her is very lively and loving! She cares the most for her family and will do anything for them and anything to protect them. She loves her home and her favorite thing to do is sing and dance, but there is one thing she is afraid to admit to her sisters and even herself. She is very curious of the land above. Sometimes she doesn’t understand the big deal about it but she can’t help but be curious about it. She has no desires to drown anyone be they land or sea dwelling, UNLESS they endanger her family then she will show no mercy!

Plot Ideas: She could finally have her curiosity sated and venture to the surface and make a friend possibly an enemy on land, maybe both!
Could have an argument with a sister or two over land dwellers and/or drowning especially if the sister think drowning others is fun.
All the family plots!!
I bad at coming up with plots in the moment but as she develops through initial rp and chatting they develop themselves usually xD
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: It was hard to pick a favorite but something about the pink draws the tiniest bit more(Ariel vibes with the hair maybe lol) They are all gorgeous and I’m happy for a chance at any of them or be a part of the herd in any way.
Favorite inspirational colors image: User Image-my own pour painting and I just love the color combos with it so hope this works(to hard to pick a favorite otherwise)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:45 pm
Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Name and Meaning: Calypso, an Oceanid, from Greek meaning “she who conceals” or “like the hidden tide”
Temper: Secretive
Personality: The song of the sea- the faintest of voices that stirs within the soul, calling to those who sense it deep within their bones. As the tides wax and wane so too does the crescendo and fall of its summons go. It cajoles, entrances, entices. Yet it remains elusive, unable to be pinpointed exactly, disappearing and reappearing without preamble or purpose. Its whispering melody haunting, stirring, but never revealing. This is the way of Calypso. She takes hold of the soul. Her call the song heard only by the bravest and truest, enrapturing them. Luring them with promises of the sea. Though she does not lie. No. Only truths are ever spoken, for lies do not become her. However, the sea is fickle at best, and her whims equally so. Her motives and ambitions are as ever changing as the ocean she calls home. So beware the song. Of the words that strike the chords of emotion and the refrain that lulls into capitulation. Calypso may wish to simply meet or she may wish to keep. Whichever the case, by the time it dawns on the chosen child of the sea, the Siren’s choice will have been made. And, like the waves crashing upon the shore, her plans will strike, intense and unadulterated.
Plot Ideas:
1. How Can a Siren Drown?- While out exploring one day, Calypso is caught in a two-legged’s crude, abandoned net. She struggles to free herself but only makes things worse. Now she’s so entangled that she’s unable to move…which is bad. Very, very bad.
2. How Can a Siren Sing?- Calypso doesn’t think her voice is very good. At all. She listens to the beautiful voices of her sisters and wonders how she’s even related. That’s how bad she thinks she is. But, what she doesn’t know is that it’s not just about the voice. It’s about the conviction. All it will take is a little luck…and maybe a little coercing to figure that out.
3. How Can a Siren Kill?- Another child of the sea heeds the call. Except, this one has a bit of an issue with how Calypso and her sisters go about doing things, especially when Calypso claims it’s love. That’s not going to work so well for them.
4. How Can a Siren Love?- Calypso thought she knew what love was. Apparently, however, love isn’t drowning your favorite pony and keeping them concealed in the ocean. Who knew? Not her it seems. Now she has to figure out if she even cares.
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?:
1. She used to think her voice was the worst of the bunch. But as she grew older, she found her rhythm within The Choir.
2. She “sneaks” away from time to time to her favorite spot- a place where she can watch the comings and goings of travelers along the shore.
3. Most of the time, she prefers not to lure others to their doom. She does have favorites, however, and has a handful of victims that she’s kept sequestered near her favorite viewing spot.
4. Her favorite dish is clam wrapped in seaweed. Quick and easy to find and make while also being abundant.
5. While she loves her sisters, she doesn’t approve of any of them coming near her favorite area or tokens. She will not react well if she sees them poking around.
6. She actually has a bit of a hard time swimming long distances. This is due to an accident she had as a foal where she got caught in an abandoned net.
7. Calypso doesn't like nicknames. She doesn't give them and she doesn't want one given. Her name is Calypso, plain and simple.
8. Storms are some of the best things to her. She loves how wild the sea gets from them.
User Image  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:57 pm
Username: Painted Moose
Name and Meaning: Orithiya- Nereid of the raging seas
Temper:: Omit
Personality: Just as some undersea volcanoes can cause eruptions larger than those on land, so too does Orithiya's temper burst when she's truly riled up. This little filly is passionate about a great many things and while she truly loves her sisters, patience has never been her strong suit. Orithiya is vindictive and spiteful, though only in playful ways with her sisters. A missing accessory, a harmless prank, at worst a barbed phrase. To outsiders there is no mercy; especially land dwellers.

Orithiya sees no qualms in drowning land dwellers and if one is so much as in her vicinity she sees them as fair game. If bored she may seek them out, but most days she'd prefer to spend time with her sisters and help out.

Plot Ideas:
-Family of one of her/another sister's victims finds her. It'll be good for her to see how her actions directly impact another's life and it may change her mind on drowning
-A prank gone too far! Maybe her vindictive streak causes her to do something that is just a little much and she gets called out for it
-Maybe a friendship with a land pony, something unexpected and resisted at first, only to find out that another sister lured them to their death. She'll see it as somethings she too would have done, but logic won't stop the emotional hurt
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: Her mane reminds me of a summer sunset.
I also see her as the type to be embarrassed easily. She'll get really riled up, get caught in something she's said and then puff up in embarrassment.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Username: ~Kiana_Nala~
Name and Meaning: Pherusa [x]
Temper:: Maternal
Personality: Amongst her sisters, Pherusa is the peace-keeping one who's always there to listen to the troubles her sisters are facing both personally and amongst the choir. There is a general air of calm and serenity around her and she certainly aims to keep it that way. However, adventurous and risk-taking she is not. Pherusa has no interest in land dwellers and prefers to ignore them entirely but may help them on occasion, particularly if her song draws them near.
Plot Ideas:
- Land dwellers be gone : maybe one of her sisters strikes up a friendship and Pherusa thinks it's ill-fated and tries to steer her from this causing some discord between the sisters.
- Risk taking necessary : Pherusa's about to learn that when push comes to shove, is she going to cower in the depths or face the world head on. Spoiler: she doesn't face it head on.
- Sad times only : Not necessarily a plot but she gets sad and introspective after the above plot.
- Regerts : Long after her cowardice, Pherusa decides to try to write her wrongs
- Twitter-pated : What is this feeling and why won't it go away? I don't like it. Drama lama's need apply.
Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: I like complicated characters and plan to put Pherusa through the wringer.
edit note: this is my photo taken in Kokura, Fukuoka, Japan  

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Username: Tsunake
Name and Meaning: Cerceis - one of the Oceanids. Her name means "of the weaving shuttle" or "gorgeous in form".
Temper:: Tempestuous

Personality: To say Cerceis is passionate would be putting things mildly. When she's happy, she's practically exuberant. The world is wonderful, she has the best sisters out of all the sisters ever, and life could not possibly be any more perfect. When she's sad, her heart is breaking into pieces, the sun will never shine again, and what's even the point of going on? And when she's angry.... well, the oceans themselves will churn with her wrath. She easily flits between moods, so the good news is, it isn't hard to cheer her up or calm her down. On the other hand, that also means her temper can spring up out of nowhere... but that's more a problem for strangers outside of her family. Her fickle moods are paired with a recklessness that often makes her act without thinking, and she can easily end up in hot water thanks to poor decisions. She isn't a very serious individual, and can be extremely superficial. Her sisters can handle all the less fun things, can't they? She just wants to sing, find pretty treasures, and have a good time with her family.

Cerceis is self-absorbed and painfully unaware of it. She's oblivious to the fact that what she says or does can hurt someone's feelings, and often acts with her best interests in mind. Despite this, she loves her sisters with her whole heart and would never, ever do something to deliberately hurt them. If confronted by one of them about her selfishness, Cerceis would be devastated. Tearfully, she would promise to think about what she does or says in the future, and for a while, she would do exactly that. But inevitably, she'll start slipping back to her old ways without even realizing it, and the cycle will repeat itself all over again.

It might surprise some that Cerceis isn't a jealous individual. It brings her great delight to share any pretty treasures and trinkets she might find, and loves nothing more than to adorn her darling sisters with glitz and glitter. She may be a touch vain, but she does have an eye for beauty, and undoubtedly knows how to arrange one's mane just so. She'll likely fuss at her sisters to let her help fix them up--not that they aren't naturally gorgeous just as they are!

Though extremely curious about land dwellers and those outside of The Choir, Cerceis really doesn't pay them much mind. She isn't a naturally aggressive creature, but she wouldn't think twice about trying to drown someone who'd really insulted her. If she managed to lure an unfortunate soul into the water with her and they started to drown, she'd be fascinated at their inability to swim. She could be convinced to help them out... but she would find it all very amusing--more of a game instead of a life or death situation!

Despite her flaws, Cerceis will try to do anything for her sisters (though she may want to know all the details). She always has a sympathetic shoulder to cry on, and though she is often quite full of herself, she can be a surprisingly good listener. She'll offer what advice she can, and spirits forbid if she finds out someone is making life hard for any of her family.

Plot Ideas:

Enough Is Enough - One of her sisters is finally fed up with Cerceis and her selfishness. They're tired of the dramatic apologies and promises, because in the end, Cerceis goes right on being Cerceis.I want her to be forced to confront the unpleasant reality that she has been making excuses, and the way she refuses to change her behavior isn't okay. This will be a long term plot, and I hope that as I continue to roleplay her, she will slowly grow as a character and begin to change for the better.

One Of Mine - Though indifferent to land dwellers, Cerceis encounters one time and time again that eventually worms their way into her heart. She begins to care for them as a true friend, and becomes just as protective of them as she would with her sisters. Her offers to drown their enemies may be met with horror and revulsion, which would leave her entirely confused.

Recklessness - Cerceis finds a trinket located in a dangerous place--and finds herself trapped. Whether it's a sea cave, or maybe even an old shipwreck, she finds herself stuck in a place that she charged right into without thinking. What will she do to free herself? Does she manage to nab the prize?

Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: I know Cerceis sounds awful, BUT I PROMISE SHE ISN'T. I'm so excited about the potential of letting her grow, develop, and become a better character over time and experience! I adore the thought of siren-mers, and I'm grateful you offered us the chance to try for some of your babies!
User Image

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas