oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:07 pm
Username: oo Ded
Which girl are you trying for: Orange
Name and Meaning: Eulimene – An oceanid
Temper:: -omit-

Personality: Euli is energetic and excitable, but also very easily influenceable. The sort of person who you could really easily dare to do something, and she’d go for it if she values your happiness. She’s very socially dependent on those she’s close to (her sisters, primarily). Definitely a follower and not a leader. She’s pretty empathetic towards those that she cares about and puts a lot of effort into doing what she can to please them. As a result of her tendency to follow the crowd, she has the potential to get into trouble. She’s not the best in standing up and speaking out, and doesn’t seem to have a particularly strong moral compass—drowning land dwellers? If it’s what you want to do, sure! She’s the best hype man.

Plot Ideas:
- Euli going a little bit too far to please others, maybe causing harm that she comes to regret, making her question her actions and rethink blindly following those around her
- She gets close to an outsider and starts to become influenced by them, causing a rift between her and her sisters. I’d be open to plotting out if this is a permanent rift or (more likely) if she were to learn how much she values her sister and losing this influence.
- Eventually she would learn to have her own voice. Maybe by standing up for someone who she realizes needs her help. She would always be close to her sisters, just with a little bit more backbone.

Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: I would love for her to be a cousin to some of the existing members. Maybe a lone cousin, an only child, who’s always the shadow to some more outspoken sisters.
Favorite inspirational colors image:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:49 pm
Username: AislingJuno
Which girl are you trying for: Pink
Name and Meaning: Nixie, the name for female river mermaids in German folklore.
Temper:: Playful
Personality:

There exists a balance both in the ocean world and the land above. Nixie reveres the balance, which she feels is the natural order of this realm. As such, she can be ambivalent about her sister's use of the siren call unless she feels that one of their actions is disturbing the natural order. Occasionally, Nixie will even lure others to their death, but she receives no pleasure in doing so her activities are either to protect her family and fellow sea creatures or to restore balance.
Like many of her sisters, she is lighthearted and mischievous, yet her responsibilities weigh heavily in the back of her mind. Nixie is a dramatic soprano, unlike the Soubrette fach of a few of her sisters. Nixie's darker-toned voice, originally made her feel self-conscious but eventually, she learned to embrace her uniqueness.

Plot Ideas:
Finding your voice-Nixie becomes listless and feels frustrated with her vocal talent. It seems that singing comes so easy for her siblings but training her voice has always been a bit of a struggle. She can't go as high or low as many of her siblings whose talent shines bright. However, an elder's words of wisdom change her perspective regarding her own unique talents.

The Darkness Within- For Nixie the world is one of balance. Life and death are by far the heavest balances yet sometimes she questions her own mentality. She wonders if she is doing the right thing by luring others to their death. She does not enjoy nor abhor her responsibilities for her the deaths are about keeping a balance. Yet she has noticed that one of her siblings takes enjoyment in the act. Nixie must decide if she will speak out against her sibling or try to remain ambivalent.

Swim-Swim a new friend
For Nixie her world revolves around her family.They are her constant companions and she loves them all dearly. Yet, sometimes she yearns for a companion outside of the choir. A dear friend who lives in a world different from her own.

Little creatures big and small- One their was a lonely mer soq who despite her wonderful family still sought out moments of solace. She kept a hidden stash of beautiful objects; smooth stones, shells, pearls, bits of coral etc..When she felt inspired, she would make little statues out of these objects. Eventually a familiar becomes intrigued with her art works and accepts her as its companion.

Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?:
✧Nixie isn't a naturally gifted singer while she has a gorgeous voice her abilities are gained through hard work and practice.

✧Nixie is rather flirty she has a fun sense of humor. Ironically, she has a difficult time flirting with soq she has romantic feelings for.

✧Once she takes on a task she will do anything to complete it.

✧She has an artistic side and likes to create little statues from bits of broken coral and shells though she seldom shows off her artwork since this is an artform different from her family's celebrated musical abilities.

User Image  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:28 am
Okay! Here are my three winners!!!! I really enjoyed reading all of the entries but these three just really captivated me.
Kaya Wolf Moon

Username: Kaya Wolf Moon
Which girl are you trying for: Opal
Name and Meaning: Calypso, an Oceanid, from Greek meaning “she who conceals” or “like the hidden tide”
Temper: Secretive
Personality: The song of the sea- the faintest of voices that stirs within the soul, calling to those who sense it deep within their bones. As the tides wax and wane so too does the crescendo and fall of its summons go. It cajoles, entrances, entices. Yet it remains elusive, unable to be pinpointed exactly, disappearing and reappearing without preamble or purpose. Its whispering melody haunting, stirring, but never revealing. This is the way of Calypso. She takes hold of the soul. Her call the song heard only by the bravest and truest, enrapturing them. Luring them with promises of the sea. Though she does not lie. No. Only truths are ever spoken, for lies do not become her. However, the sea is fickle at best, and her whims equally so. Her motives and ambitions are as ever changing as the ocean she calls home. So beware the song. Of the words that strike the chords of emotion and the refrain that lulls into capitulation. Calypso may wish to simply meet or she may wish to keep. Whichever the case, by the time it dawns on the chosen child of the sea, the Siren’s choice will have been made. And, like the waves crashing upon the shore, her plans will strike, intense and unadulterated.
Plot Ideas:
1. How Can a Siren Drown?- While out exploring one day, Calypso is caught in a two-legged’s crude, abandoned net. She struggles to free herself but only makes things worse. Now she’s so entangled that she’s unable to move…which is bad. Very, very bad.
2. How Can a Siren Sing?- Calypso doesn’t think her voice is very good. At all. She listens to the beautiful voices of her sisters and wonders how she’s even related. That’s how bad she thinks she is. But, what she doesn’t know is that it’s not just about the voice. It’s about the conviction. All it will take is a little luck…and maybe a little coercing to figure that out.
3. How Can a Siren Kill?- Another child of the sea heeds the call. Except, this one has a bit of an issue with how Calypso and her sisters go about doing things, especially when Calypso claims it’s love. That’s not going to work so well for them.
4. How Can a Siren Love?- Calypso thought she knew what love was. Apparently, however, love isn’t drowning your favorite pony and keeping them concealed in the ocean. Who knew? Not her it seems. Now she has to figure out if she even cares.
1. She used to think her voice was the worst of the bunch. But as she grew older, she found her rhythm within The Choir.
2. She “sneaks” away from time to time to her favorite spot- a place where she can watch the comings and goings of travelers along the shore.
3. Most of the time, she prefers not to lure others to their doom. She does have favorites, however, and has a handful of victims that she’s kept sequestered near her favorite viewing spot.
4. Her favorite dish is clam wrapped in seaweed. Quick and easy to find and make while also being abundant.
5. While she loves her sisters, she doesn’t approve of any of them coming near her favorite area or tokens. She will not react well if she sees them poking around.
6. She actually has a bit of a hard time swimming long distances. This is due to an accident she had as a foal where she got caught in an abandoned net.
7. Calypso doesn't like nicknames. She doesn't give them and she doesn't want one given. Her name is Calypso, plain and simple.
8. Storms are some of the best things to her. She loves how wild the sea gets from them.
User Image

Tsunake

Username: Tsunake
Which girl are you trying for: Orange
Name and Meaning: Cerceis - one of the Oceanids. Her name means "of the weaving shuttle" or "gorgeous in form".
Temper:: Tempestuous

Personality: To say Cerceis is passionate would be putting things mildly. When she's happy, she's practically exuberant. The world is wonderful, she has the best sisters out of all the sisters ever, and life could not possibly be any more perfect. When she's sad, her heart is breaking into pieces, the sun will never shine again, and what's even the point of going on? And when she's angry.... well, the oceans themselves will churn with her wrath. She easily flits between moods, so the good news is, it isn't hard to cheer her up or calm her down. On the other hand, that also means her temper can spring up out of nowhere... but that's more a problem for strangers outside of her family. Her fickle moods are paired with a recklessness that often makes her act without thinking, and she can easily end up in hot water thanks to poor decisions. She isn't a very serious individual, and can be extremely superficial. Her sisters can handle all the less fun things, can't they? She just wants to sing, find pretty treasures, and have a good time with her family.

Cerceis is self-absorbed and painfully unaware of it. She's oblivious to the fact that what she says or does can hurt someone's feelings, and often acts with her best interests in mind. Despite this, she loves her sisters with her whole heart and would never, ever do something to deliberately hurt them. If confronted by one of them about her selfishness, Cerceis would be devastated. Tearfully, she would promise to think about what she does or says in the future, and for a while, she would do exactly that. But inevitably, she'll start slipping back to her old ways without even realizing it, and the cycle will repeat itself all over again.

It might surprise some that Cerceis isn't a jealous individual. It brings her great delight to share any pretty treasures and trinkets she might find, and loves nothing more than to adorn her darling sisters with glitz and glitter. She may be a touch vain, but she does have an eye for beauty, and undoubtedly knows how to arrange one's mane just so. She'll likely fuss at her sisters to let her help fix them up--not that they aren't naturally gorgeous just as they are!

Though extremely curious about land dwellers and those outside of The Choir, Cerceis really doesn't pay them much mind. She isn't a naturally aggressive creature, but she wouldn't think twice about trying to drown someone who'd really insulted her. If she managed to lure an unfortunate soul into the water with her and they started to drown, she'd be fascinated at their inability to swim. She could be convinced to help them out... but she would find it all very amusing--more of a game instead of a life or death situation!

Despite her flaws, Cerceis will try to do anything for her sisters (though she may want to know all the details). She always has a sympathetic shoulder to cry on, and though she is often quite full of herself, she can be a surprisingly good listener. She'll offer what advice she can, and spirits forbid if she finds out someone is making life hard for any of her family.

Plot Ideas:

Enough Is Enough - One of her sisters is finally fed up with Cerceis and her selfishness. They're tired of the dramatic apologies and promises, because in the end, Cerceis goes right on being Cerceis.I want her to be forced to confront the unpleasant reality that she has been making excuses, and the way she refuses to change her behavior isn't okay. This will be a long term plot, and I hope that as I continue to roleplay her, she will slowly grow as a character and begin to change for the better.

One Of Mine - Though indifferent to land dwellers, Cerceis encounters one time and time again that eventually worms their way into her heart. She begins to care for them as a true friend, and becomes just as protective of them as she would with her sisters. Her offers to drown their enemies may be met with horror and revulsion, which would leave her entirely confused.

Recklessness - Cerceis finds a trinket located in a dangerous place--and finds herself trapped. Whether it's a sea cave, or maybe even an old shipwreck, she finds herself stuck in a place that she charged right into without thinking. What will she do to free herself? Does she manage to nab the prize?

Anything else you'd like me to know about the girl you've picked?: I know Cerceis sounds awful, BUT I PROMISE SHE ISN'T. I'm so excited about the potential of letting her grow, develop, and become a better character over time and experience! I adore the thought of siren-mers, and I'm grateful you offered us the chance to try for some of your babies!
User Image

AislingJuno

Username: AislingJuno
Which girl are you trying for: Pink
Name and Meaning: Nixie, the name for female river mermaids in German folklore.
Temper:: Playful
Personality:

There exists a balance both in the ocean world and the land above. Nixie reveres the balance, which she feels is the natural order of this realm. As such, she can be ambivalent about her sister's use of the siren call unless she feels that one of their actions is disturbing the natural order. Occasionally, Nixie will even lure others to their death, but she receives no pleasure in doing so her activities are either to protect her family and fellow sea creatures or to restore balance.
Like many of her sisters, she is lighthearted and mischievous, yet her responsibilities weigh heavily in the back of her mind. Nixie is a dramatic soprano, unlike the Soubrette fach of a few of her sisters. Nixie's darker-toned voice, originally made her feel self-conscious but eventually, she learned to embrace her uniqueness.

Plot Ideas:
Finding your voice-Nixie becomes listless and feels frustrated with her vocal talent. It seems that singing comes so easy for her siblings but training her voice has always been a bit of a struggle. She can't go as high or low as many of her siblings whose talent shines bright. However, an elder's words of wisdom change her perspective regarding her own unique talents.

The Darkness Within- For Nixie the world is one of balance. Life and death are by far the heavest balances yet sometimes she questions her own mentality. She wonders if she is doing the right thing by luring others to their death. She does not enjoy nor abhor her responsibilities for her the deaths are about keeping a balance. Yet she has noticed that one of her siblings takes enjoyment in the act. Nixie must decide if she will speak out against her sibling or try to remain ambivalent.

Swim-Swim a new friend
For Nixie her world revolves around her family.They are her constant companions and she loves them all dearly. Yet, sometimes she yearns for a companion outside of the choir. A dear friend who lives in a world different from her own.

Little creatures big and small- One their was a lonely mer soq who despite her wonderful family still sought out moments of solace. She kept a hidden stash of beautiful objects; smooth stones, shells, pearls, bits of coral etc..When she felt inspired, she would make little statues out of these objects. Eventually a familiar becomes intrigued with her art works and accepts her as its companion.

✧Nixie isn't a naturally gifted singer while she has a gorgeous voice her abilities are gained through hard work and practice.

✧Nixie is rather flirty she has a fun sense of humor. Ironically, she has a difficult time flirting with soq she has romantic feelings for.

✧Once she takes on a task she will do anything to complete it.

✧She has an artistic side and likes to create little statues from bits of broken coral and shells though she seldom shows off her artwork since this is an artform different from her family's celebrated musical abilities.

User Image

BUT WAIT- There's more. There was one other entry that I REALLY enjoyed that I just wish I had a pony for-

oo DeD

SOOOOO- You'll be getting a semi-custom hue shift based off your inspiration image! It does come with a cooldown unlike the rest (already talked to Ded about that)

Thank you everyone for entering! I cannot wait for everyone to see their adults! And I'm even more excited to plot and develop these girls further with you all!  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff