Art:
User Image
WIP:
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Tell us Why: I think of this pony being a Lingurari. And this necklace features materials inspired by the mare's colors, and items.

Materials used include: Rose Quartz, Pearl, Glass, Acrylic

Inspiration/Tutorial Link: Theme of the herd as well as the mare.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:58 am
Three Free Tickets Please!
Username: Dea and #Teddy#
Ticket 1: Fancy Florals
Ticket 2: Fancy Florals
Ticket 3: Cheerful Crystals  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:33 am
A Rose By Any Other Name . . .
Username: dawns_aura
Mare: Alchemical Adept
Name: Ivantie Masilda Atanase
Meaning/Source:: Ivantie ‘glorious gift’, Matilda derived from Mathilda meaning ‘battle-mighty’, Atanase ‘Immortal’
Personality: Introverted by nature and enforced by the limitations of her frailer physical form and delicate health, she lives most of her life in her head. She is nevertheless a very warm and loving mare to those who manage to get close to her. She is especially fond of foals and has a soft spot for those who are weak, frail and/or abused.

Weaker in constitution, she wanders with purpose- seeking various plants and herbs to create a tonic, or potion, or some remedy to make herself stronger and increase her vitality, allowing her to live a longer, healthier, fuller life- an ‘Elixir of Immortality’ if you will.

Where I'm From
Background:
Though she was born with delicate health and a weaker constitution, her mother gave her a strong name in hopes to counteract her poor fate, under the guidance of both a trusted Aster Isda and an Awenydd. She spent much of her foalhood under the care of the drabengro. Where others were allowed out to learn and explore and play, she was not allowed. She learned much and lived her life more in her mind.

She heard many stories of miracles and hoped that perhaps one day she might be able to find one such for herself. She apprenticed under the drabengro, learning how to heal. She found it was not her gift to work on the hands-on portion, on dealing with the emotions, but she excelled in compounding the remedies that were used.

If there was a potion needed she could make it, and as a young adult, she finally was strong enough to travel afield to search out new and different plants and traditions and new knowledge.

Where I'm From
Plot 1: Though the Mind is Willing, The Flesh is Weak: Despite her determination and drive to explore, to find a cure for herself and for others who suffered like her, sometimes her condition would flare up, causing her to slow down, stopping her journey and settling, however temporarily, until she is strong enough to continue on. Perhaps in doing so, she inadvertently sets up new camps or stops for other members of the Baxt vai’ datha to use.

Plot 2: Whispers of A Miracle: She is always on the lookout for any whispers or rumors of miracles, any hints of something. And she isn’t afraid to go out looking for it. Is it fake? Almost certainly. Is it real? Probably not, but there might be some value in it anyway. Besides, it is an opportunity to try new things and hone her craft.

Plot 3: Oopsie (?) Part 1: The first time one of her experimental potions goes awry, instead of healing the test subject, it caused their death. She is devastated by this, because in her heart she would rather save lives than take them. She takes careful notes on the potion - ingredients, harvesting technique, and process, starting a compendium of sorts, with the help of her clever little mouse friend.
-Subplot Oopsie (?) Part 2: Re-visiting part one, It could have been a mistake or fluke, and one must repeat experiments to get appropriate results. This time, steeled by the knowledge that this could cause death, she chooses a barely sentient creature as a subject that would not bruise her delicate heart if it should happen to pass. Following the steps exactly as she had for the first, the experiment yielded the same results. After a few trials it became evident, this potion wasn’t to be used to heal, but it could be used to cause nearly painless, swift death.
-Subplot Oopsie (?) Part 3: In her travels, Silda encountered many mares and stallions in untenable situations. If there was proof enough, and there was enough reason to seek justice on their behalf, she would assist them out of the situations, informing them of perhaps a way out and might give them a helping claw…

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:07 pm
Username: Andranis
Ticket 1: Cheerful Crystals
Ticket 2: Cheerful Crystals
Ticket 3: Cheerful Crystals

HH Newbie!
Mare: Cheerful Crystals

Name: Mirela
Meaning/Source:: Bulgarian and Romanian name from French Mireille, meaning "to admire," in use by the Romani
Personality: Mirela is anything but the soft, delicate creature she looks like. With a sharp tongue and a sharp wit, she doesn't suffer fools lightly. If she thinks somebody is being silly or a pain in her tail, she'll tell them so. She has a few soft spots, though - Her companion Nicu, her fellow herd members, and children are among them. A quick way to endear oneself to her is to join her in singing to her crystals, as she believes that makes them happier and give better energy.  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Keantha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:16 pm
Username: Keantha
Ticket 1: Alchemical Adept
Ticket 2: Alchemical Adept
Ticket 3: Fabulous Fabrics

HH Newbie!

Name: Kezia (critter companion: Patrin)
Meaning/Source:: Hebrew for cinnamon/cassia tree (Romani for Leaf Trail)
Personality: Kezia lives to be helpful to her clan despite her shy and reserved nature. She prefers to let Patrin handle any interactions with others while she focuses on making not only medicine from the plants she gathers but dyes for the Lingurari to use as well as spices and other plant-derived goods for the Lon Gropas to sell.

Unlike his timid companion, Patrin is bold and cunning. He is Kezia's best friend and in his mind, her protector. He handles all the interactions with others leaving her free to focus on her craft.

Mare: Fabulous Fabrics
Name: Esmeralda (Critter Companion: Penelope)
Meaning/Source:: Spanish for emerald (Greek for bobbin-weaver)
Personality: Esme as she is called by her kin is a bit of a flirt. She likes the dance of words and actions, the thrill of the pursuit. Still, her greatest joy is in her craft. She loves creating, be it by sewing, weaving, or even (when she's feeling patient enough) knitting. She takes great pride in dressing the herd.

Penelope on the other hand is no where nearly as bold as her lady. The young kadessa prefers nothing more than letting her mistress flirt with handsome stallion or stunning mare while she herself works at the same textiles as her mistress. After all, one must use everything to ones advantage and Penelope does have rather clever little paws.

Where I'm From
Background: Born of the whirl-wind love affair between a cante jondo and a deljavnake, Esme has always had a passionate spirit. It was assumed from birth she would take after one of her parents, but it surprised them both when it was the lingurari, specifically those that made textiles that caught the filly's attentions. She was enamored with the bright colors, the soft fabrics, and the ways of turning them into something that could be worn. Esme's parents, deciding to foster their daughter's love, got her an apprenticeship. Under the guidance of her master, Esme flourished. Her love of bright colors and bold designs has made her a name easily recognized amongst the lingurari and while the passion of the song and wildness of the dance is still in her blood, now she strives to envoke both in her art.

Where I'm From
Background: Kezia mother was a Spalpeens who specalized in growing spices for trade. While Kezia loved the growing aspect of it, she found herself more and more curious about what could the plants be used for. It was Patrin that encourged the filly to finally ask if she could learn to be an alchemist.

Where I'm From
Art: User Image
WIP: Cast on/lace close up, Midway, and just a pretty stitch marker in the work lol
Tell us Why: Like Esme and Penelope, I am a knitter and the colors made me think of them. (sorry the camera doesn't quite capture the true colors well >.<). The cowl is slipped over the head to wear around the neck to keep warm, much like Esme's neck fluff. The lace is delicate and gives it a more feminine design, much like Esme's elegant appearance.
Inspiration/Tutorial Link: Pattern from ravelry. Cast on 5/25/22  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:43 pm
Username: Tsunake
Ticket 1: Astounding Oracle
Ticket 2: Astounding Oracle
Ticket 3: Astounding Oracle

HH Newbie!
Mare: Astounding Oracle

Name: Lela
Meaning/Source:: Romani; the feminine form of the name Lel, which means to take; to receive.
Personality: Lela has many faces she dons, depending on who she's dealing with. To her herd mates, she is a saucy and playful mare, quick to joke and tease. She can come across as a little too lighthearted, brushing off more serious matters with a flip of her wing while insisting that things will all work out in the end, spirits willing. To the outsiders they come across or those seeking their fortunes, she falls back into a more mysterious, almost dream-like persona, carefully keeping her words vague to allow strangers to interpret them as they will. Her mischievousness manifests itself in dramatic theatrics, and Lela has even been known to let herself collapse when relaying fortunes that she claims come directly from the spirits themselves. Still, she is careful not to overdo things too often, less it be revealed that her readings are little more than an act.

In truth, Lela's carefree nature is a clever disguise. Deep down, she is incredibly envious of the Awenydd and those in touch with the mystical world. She herself is not spiritually sensitive, though she dearly wishes that she was. She hides her disappointment behind her levity, trying not to feel bitter that instead of truly being able to communicate with the spirits, she plays pretend to fool those who don't know any better.

Where I'm From
Background: Though she may not have been born in the main herd, Lela's childhood was rich in education of the Baxt vai' datha herd values. The idea of judging people on who they were rather than what they looked like was easily accepted by the young filly, and she naturally grew up with understanding and reverence for the spirits that were so active in their lives. She grew up with the desire to become one of the Awenydd, and maybe even serve as the Vetha Chivihani one day... but as she reached maturity, it was clear that she had no spiritual sensitivity whatsoever.

She hid her disappointment with a laugh and easy grace, pretending it didn't bother her whatsoever. She eventually came into the role of Grushi Dest-- she was so at hiding her real feelings that she found lying to others was equally simple.

Lela eventually met the young mouse Khulai, who fiercely bolstered her spirits and became her best friend before long. She heavily relied on his friendship and guidance, particularly at her lowest. He aided her as she learned how to read body language, and between the two of them, they developed their own secret way to communicate during her readings. It was a very basic system; depending on the subtle number of tugs to her mane, he could convey if a customer seemed anxious, sad, angry... The extra bit of insight was useful, and also helped to confirm her own suspicions while she was still learning.

To come back to the main herd after so long was an exciting and overwhelming experience, and despite her own hidden insecurities, Lela intended to integrate herself as smoothly as possible with her newfound family.

Where I'm From
Plot 1: "Making Amends" - Lela finds herself dealing with an extremely unsatisfied customer. Maybe she laid on her theatrics a little too thick. Maybe they simply don't believe her as she tells her fortune. Regardless, they aren't happy--and they threaten to express their grievances with violence. Lela can't just sweep this under the rug like she usually does--she either needs to handle this, or go to the higher-ups to explain what's happened so that the herd can take precautions... and deal with the part she played in the whole mess.

Plot 2: "Coming To Terms" - One way or another, Lela needs to deal with her feelings about her lack of spirit sensitivity. Ideally, I would like for her to eventually end up venting to a herd mate who is an Awenydd or perhaps even someone who has newly joined the herd. I'd like for her to come to terms with herself and eventually accept that she is exactly how the spirits made her--and there's nothing wrong with that. This will be a long-term plot, as Lela will have to wrestle with the idea that it's okay that she isn't one who can commune with the spirits and has other strengths.

Plot 3: "Friction" - Lela's dismissive nature when it comes to problems and concerns finally rubs a herd mate the wrong way, and now they're understandably upset! It's up to her to awkwardly navigate her way through an apology... and perhaps explain herself as to why she tends to act so light-hearted, even in serious situations.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:24 pm
Where I'm From
Username: stormflower
Mare: Fancy Florals
WIP: User Image
Tell us Why: I do pour paintings and I wanted to do one with her in mind, her flowers. I did a method I’ve only attempted once and though this turned out better than the first it wasn’t what I envisioned. But still, thinking on the bright green field with bright color flowers where she may go to find some of her flowers and herbs was my thoughts behind this.
Inspiration/Tutorial Link:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Where I'm From
Username: stormflower
WIP: n/a
Tell us Why: This is a pour painting I did a couple months back so I don’t have the WIP, but ever since it has made me think of a Geode and crystals more so then several of the others that I have done. It’s really my favorite aside from the first I did in a pour painting class a couple years ago but I thought those out of scope lol. Anyways, when I saw the Crystal Keeper I instantly thought of my painting and it resonated how much it seemed like crystals forming and just made me think of the lovely lady.
Inspiration/Tutorial Link:  

stormflower

Fanatical Shapeshifter

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:38 am
CLOSED

I want to thank everyone for their entries. I will be going through and awarding points in the next few days. Hopefully I'll get winners soon, but I thank you for your patience as I access.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:27 pm
Point Winners:

Fayt_of_Redemption at 24 points for Cheerful Crystals

Melomar at 15 points for Fancy Florals

Avid_RPer18 at 15 points for Astounding Oracle  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn generated a random number between 1 and 36 ... 22!

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:28 pm
Rolling for Fabulous Fabrics
  1. Fatal Irony
  2. Fatal Irony
  3. Fatal Irony
  4. Lunadriel
  5. TheWishling
  6. TheWishling
  7. StarshineAngel01
  8. Pollack
  9. Pollack
  10. Pollack
  11. Pollack
  12. Pollack
  13. Pollack
  14. Pollack
  15. Pollack
  16. Pollack
  17. Pollack
  18. Pollack
  19. Artymus
  20. Artymus
  21. Artymus
  22. Artymus
  23. Artymus
  24. Artymus
  25. Artymus
  26. Artymus
  27. Artymus
  28. Keantha
  29. Keantha
  30. Keantha
  31. Keantha
  32. Keantha
  33. Keantha
  34. Keantha
  35. Keantha
  36. Keantha

22: Artymus  
LydaLynn generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 14!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:30 pm
Rolling for Alchemical Adept
  1. mistalina13
  2. mistalina13
  3. mistalina13
  4. odet amo
  5. odet amo
  6. mistalina13
  7. mistalina13
  8. mistalina13
  9. Rein_Carnation
  10. Lunar Mirage
  11. Lunar Mirage
  12. Lunar Mirage
  13. Lunar Mirage
  14. Lunar Mirage
  15. xKOVAKtheWOLFx
  16. Dawns_aura
  17. Dawns_aura
  18. Dawns_aura
  19. dawns_aura
  20. dawns_aura
  21. dawns_aura
  22. dawns_aura
  23. dawns_aura
  24. dawns_aura
  25. Keantha
  26. Keantha
  27. Keantha
  28. Keantha
  29. Keantha

14: Lunar Mirage  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:35 pm
Melomar
Fancy Florals
[color=blue][b][size=18]Fancy Florals[/size][/b][/color]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Artymus
Fabulous Fabrics
[color=red][b][size=18]Fabulous Fabrics[/size][/b][/color]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Avid_RPer18
Astounding Oracle
[color=green][b][size=18]Astounding Oracle[/size][/b][/color]

Lunar Mirage
Alchemical Adept
[color=purple][b][size=18]Alchemical Adept[/size][/b][/color]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fayt_of_Redemption
Cheerful Crystals
[color=pink][b][size=18]Cheerful Crystals[/size][/b][/color]

Discord Invite- https://discord.gg/mEbCXQH7

Please feel free to take your new beauties to be certed.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff