Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:08 pm
User ImageThe morning sun found Ravenna headed back to the woods from an evening beneath the stars in the open plains. She had spent the overnight hours in deep prayer, hoping that the Moon spirits might offer her words of wisdom, comfort, or guidance. There was always something comforting about the night-time hours, always something that brought peace to her heart and validation that she and Aiolos had done the right thing...

And yet, with the light of day, her insecurities and fears returned. Perhaps it was shame, or guilt, that she had betrayed the herd that she'd been born in. If they had stayed, she would have had to revoke her calling; and if she had not, wouldn't Aiolos and she been at risk? Her former herd had been very rigid about outside views. Where she had been raised to be a devotee of the Sun, instead, she had called out to the Moon and found strength, not in light, but shadow.

Tired though she was from her night of worship, the centaur couldn't dismiss the beauty of the dawn, or the bright colors that the sun's light created. She paused now and then to pick up some flower or grasses, tucking them away in a small satchel she kept with her. They would be useful in a future offering.

So it was, the centaur made her way closer to the welcoming embrace of the woods. She did keep her eyes out for any strangers she might encounter. Ravenna wasn't known to be shy, but until she found a place for Aiolos and she to rest their hooves for good, she would err on the side of caution. She was in an unfamiliar area, after all; better to be safe than sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:47 pm
User Image

Woods cloaked in dark, dappled in the rays of the sun awakening, quaked and groaned at his wake. Proving no lesson was learned, dark hooves pounded the ground as the male flew through the woods. Racing nothing but his own thoughts, a lost centaur pushed forward.

The sound of cracking logs and the occasional snapped branch followed the sound of pure joy. Letting loose and running brought a thrill that no amount of disapproval would damper.

Who ever that lady was, she was long gone and nameless.

Another fallen tree proved too tempting a target. Veering to the left, Atheron took the leap with power and no fear. Front legs curled up, the stallion was well into the leap when he saw the other centaur.

Deja vu hit him as he came far too close to almost running into her. In self defense, Atheron held out a flower to her. The last mare he met was awfully angry he crushed her flower.

Between catching his breath and the desire to hold it, he blessed her with not having to hear whatever would tumble out. For now.

EvilSilverDragon
The spirits found Atheron's actions to be particularly charming! +1 Charisma XP

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:24 pm
So keen was she to get back to the comfort and protection of the woods that Ravenna let down her guard. She should have moved towards the woods with caution, straining her ears for possible movement from within the foliage. Unfortunately, her relief at being less exposed to the sun, and exhaustion from her overnight vigil, had her half-rearing in shock as a stranger practically leapt right into her!

In fact, Ravenna did leap back in surprise, and it took all her willpower not to immediately bolt back from whence she'd come. Unfortunately, the plains would do little to hide her from hunters or predators--and whether this stranger was a threat, remained to be seen. Heart pounding, Ravenna had half a mind to scurry on her way, but the purple haired stranger did something odd--he held out a flower. She blinked owlishly at the offering, unsure whether she should take it, and confused on why it was being offered to begin with.

"Er... thank you?" She finally stammered, still trying to calm down her nerves. The flower could be useful, she supposed. So it was, she gingerly took the proffered gift, twirling it once in her fingers. "Please, don't let me stop you from your run. The plains should suit your speed." She couldn't blame the stranger entirely for his surprise entrance--but she wouldn't hold him up or stop him. He seemed to be in a hurry, at any rate.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:15 pm
The hunter in him tensed, muscles taut and ready. The signs of her being spooked put him on high alert. Mentally, he knew it was his own fault for startling. All the same, he fell into the habit of scanning around them. Any threat - himself withstanding - wouldn't stand a chance. At least that what he would like to believe.

She accepted the flower and didn't get angry at him. Already a far better meeting! Carrying around a gift seemed to work out well for him thus far. The question now: now what?

Running his right hand through his short-cropped hair, Atheron tried to hunt for the most elusive prey of all: speaking without making a fool of himself, again. Ones pride could only take but so much!

"I..uh didn't mean to startle you." Dropping his eyes from her thereafter, he looked around his front hooves for signs he may have trampled something important. Hard to know what one sees as such anymore.

Her comment of the plains drew his eyes up once more, meeting hers before giving a glance at the plains. "I prefer the forest." While not afraid of running in the open, something about weaving between the trees just drew the runner out of him. If she came from the plains, maybe she saw his herd? "Have you seen a band, 15 deep led by a cranky fossil of a Head Hunter?" Anyone meeting his herd's leader would surely know him. The only thing crankier than him is the relic of a matriarch by his side.

Somewhere in that brain of his, he thought better of bad mouthing the matriarch in front of another lady. The chill up his spine was the other reason. That matriarch would hear him saying something about her and chuck a rock at him from wherever she was. She had that sense about her.

Uta
Just referencing an NPC herd/band the one he got separated from (or left him on purpose XD)

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:17 pm
Ravenna appreciated the others soft-apology at startling her--though it was unnecessary. Now that her heart wasn't racing a mile a minute, she should have been more on guard anyway. Surely, a centaur running through the foliage should have sounded off warnings--but she'd been so lost in thought, and so eager to get into the comfort of the woods, that she hadn't tbeen paying a lick of attention. "It's all right," she confirmed, giving her black tail a flick and offering a faint smile.

He had purple hair, grey skin, and a dark coat. His colors weren't reminiscent of those found in her herd of old, and she felt more certain as the moments wore on that he was no threat. His commentary that he preferred the forest was doubly reassuring--if only because the woods had yet to betray her or Aiolos. "In that we agree," she concurred. "I was just on my way back to it, and did not mean to interrupt your jaunt, or slow you down." The flower had been even more unexpected, but a friendly, if not peculiar, gesture. Perhaps it would come in handy. The spirits and gods worked in mysterious ways, after all; perhaps it was meant to indicate an auspicious meeting.

Her ears pricked a bit at his query, and Ravenna gave a shake of her head. "I'm afraid not, stranger. I haven't seen anyone for hour; the plains have been quiet all night, at least where I came from. Are you searching for them?" Perhaps he'd gotten separated from his herd. Then again, if they were hunters, perhaps it was good for him to be missed.
EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:03 am
Shifting from legs to legs, his purple tail waved lazily from side to side against relaxed withers. Matching her, his breathing slowed and calmed, even an attempt at matching her smile.

Tilting his head slightly to the left, he shifted minutely forward as she agreed with him. The plains didn't agree with his complexion, the flat lands boring and so...open. At least he wasn't the only one to recognize the comfort of the trees. Probably for different reasons but it was something.

It didn't faze him that she had no leads, the slight shifting down of his body and hanging arms were not an indication otherwise! By this point, it shouldn't bother him.

A loner being lonely, who ever heard of such an absurd concept?

Were they even looking for him? Did they miss him? That line of thinking earned an abrupt, rough shake of his head. Nonsense, he was one of the best his band hand, of course they were looking for him!

Finally letting her into the internal monologue, he gestured to the trees he barreled through, the devastation just a slight bit noticeable. Ignoring the fallen branches that could have been from anything! "Its good training, no goal other than to run." And find his herd but that sounded a bit too weak to is own 'ears' to even mention.

With his back curved out, his chest puffed out with just a touch of bravado to over-season his words "They must be lost without me. We'll find each other again." Eventually, probably...Definitely.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:21 pm
Running through the woods could be a challenge, depending on the foliage and pathways one took; though for someone like this stranger, she doubted very much he had issues. He had rather flattened some of the greenery from whence he'd come--but that was neither here nor there.

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're running solo for now. I shall hope the spirits bless your path and allow for a happy reunion then," she acknowledged sincerely. Surely, if he was as good a hunter as he said, then he would have no trouble tracking down his misplaced band; more importantly, the strangers would likely be missing their star, and that surely just wouldn't do! "You sound like quite the skilled huntsman," she complimented, unsure what else to say "I know there's a small lake not far from here--perhaps you'd like to look there? I'd be happy to guide you, as it's not out of my way." Perhaps the band had looked for game near water? Or perhaps wished a place to drink and rest?

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:52 pm
Inclining his head towards her, he reply, "I thank you." Wishing him a happy reunion. Surely it would be his herd happy to see him back. After all, he was such a huge part of their safety.

Rolling his shoulders back, he rested his hands on his waist. Smiling boldly, Atheron remarked, "I do what I can to protect my herd and provide." Surely he kept his herd safer and better off by virtue of his ever hard word. Their disagreements are just posturing to keep him from growing an ego. They need not fear, he definitely didn't have any sort of ego. Nope.

Her suggestion met another head tilt as he listened to her. "A small lake near here?" Paraphrasing her, his voice tilted up as the wisdom sat in. Water had been his goto, if nothing else everyone had to drink. The last lake he went to caused a bit of...trouble. Flower crushing misunderstanding and all. With her there it probably would be a better transition.

"Thats a great idea, I'd be happy to travel with you a ways." With someone watching he couldn't really win the race against himself. Probably better this way. Thinking on his last encounter, the idea of not knowing her name didn't sit as comfortably as prior. "I am Atheron, Atheron Lycone. Well met." He hoped she'd give her name in return.

Shifting his stance, he side trotted enough to position himself the same way she was facing so they could travel together.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:22 am
Ravenna couldn't help but be slightly amused by the stranger. He was confident, that much was clear, if not, perhaps, a touch over confident? If the herd was as lost without him as he said, it would be best to return him to their custody post-haste! But was it so wrong to be certain of one's importance and abilities? Given she knew not this stranger, Ravenna couldn't doubt he was as capable as he claimed. He seemed equally devoted to his training as he did his herd, and as a centaur alone, she could only hope her own herd would one day boast such devotion from its members.

"It's good to meet you Atheron. My name's Ravenna," she introduced herself with a small twitch of her tail. "Well met, indeed," she agreed. Seeing that the other appeared ready, Ravenna wasted little time, and began to lead them deeper in to the woods. She was glad to be away from the plains, for all that she appreciated the openness to admire the moon and stars at night. There was something comforting about the woods, especially during the garish light of day.

"Do all in your herd travel? Or just the hunters?" She asked, deciding it would be better to talk about him than for him to start asking questions of her.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:40 am
Ravenna? Her name seemed to suite her, bringing to mind the beautiful inky black birds of high intelligence. Those birds also remember if you cross them such as accidentally knocking a nest down when you were a yearling. Long memories and deep cleverness. He wondered if she matched her name invocation.

Too caught up in the thought process, he silently followed her. Now that he wasn't racing through the woods, Atheron proved that he could do more than trample every bit of foliage to splinters. Only some of them.

When possible, he stayed right at herside. When the trees wouldn't allow it, he backed up and followed behind her rather than 'split' the tree and go to the other side. Superstition about 'breaking' the space between them.

Her question brought him back to his herd, mentally 'seeing' the band. Even now he could feel the disapproval of their matriarch. "Yes!" caught mid-mental conversation, he blurted out the answer before his own detailed mental band reformed. "I mean, yes, we are a roaming band. Our Matriarch insists on bringing the herd along the Sun's path. The band typically doesn't stay still for more than a moon phase before moving on." Talking about his own herd, it struck him right about when he had to dodge a branch, that he hadn't asked about hers.

"Is your band around here, Ravenna?" He hadn't seen any signs of a large band around the area. While an excellent hunter and tracker, it was always possible her band was more hidden then he was picking up.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:52 pm
Ravenna had little issue guiding the stranger through the foliage of the woods. She knew this patch of forest, after having lingered in the area for the past few weeks with her brother. She'd fond a small grove that she'd currently favored, and unbeknownst to her brother, was highly considering settling down in the nearby woods. Having access to the plains was important for worshipping the moon spirits, and the stars, but the security of the woods was important to Ravenna, and any future members. From protection against the elements (especially the sun), to having security while they rested, and plentiful hides in case they had to make a hurried escape from questionable beings, the woods more and more drew her heart.

She did smile a bit at the stranger's exclamation. He certainly was an oddity but mostly harmless... unless you were flowers or foliage that got caught beneath his hooves. She did worry a bit when he mentioned their Matriarch following the Sun's path. She hoped that this band wasn't some offshoot of her prior herd, or cut of similar cloth. Thankfully, they sounded like a nomadic band, while the Sun Herd had been a bit more fixed. She silently chided herself for being so jumpy--the Sun itself was not the problem, nor those who worshipped the gods and spirits and followed its cycles. But Ravenna, being a High Priestess of the Moon, could hardly help the response--especially after what happened to Aiolos and herself.

"Sounds like you and your herd are master travelers. You must have seen much of the world then," she mused aloud. The world, of course, being the islands. Honestly, as far as Ravenna was concerned, there wasn't anything else besides the Chimereid Isles. There was a lifetime of adventure to be had--and she herself had honestly seen very little.

When asked about her own band, Ravenna gave a small smile and tail flick. She hesitated a moment, trying to think of what to say. She still didn't know the stranger, and worried he might have ties to her old Herd. "I'm not in a herd," she admitted. It wasn't a lie, at least not at present. She was no longer part of the Sun Herd, and had yet to create a new one. While she knew her calling was to create a safe haven for those who might be called by the Moon and its spirits, starting a herd was easier said than done--especially given she'd little experience in much of anything! A fallen Sun Priestess, searching for her way.

"I travel with my brother these days, though he's more prone to roaming, like you." Hopefully that was enough to settle the stranger's inquiries. The lake, thankfully, wasn't too far off. Perhaps his quest would end successfully and she could return to the thicket and sleep. It was rather late for her.

EvilSilverDragon
Sorry for the delay! Vacation + COVID. :3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:15 pm
Following along with his guide, Atheron just took in the area.Colors and patterns would catch him from step to step. Always something to observe. For the few steps he was keyed in to her movements, the foliage under hoof were safe. With her steps, he was calmer and steady.

Then he would be distracted and fall out of step. When out of sync his steps were heavier and more forceful. Even he could tell the difference, traveling along another versus forcing his own path. With nothing to do with those thoughts, he dropped them and just moved.

Her comment about his herd earned a quick raise of the top lip and wrinkle of the nose. That was certainly one way to put it. "We are well experienced with it. Its been nice, seeing everything the world has to offer. With the right paints I could show you." Pretty pictures weren't really his interest, but if she wanted a glimpse of the things hes seen, he'd be happy to show her.

The stride he had completely broken when she said she didn't have a herd. The sound he made sounded suspiciously equine. His movement had stopped and he reared short, just barely bringing his hooves off the ground before getting some sense into himself.

Hypocritically, he was shocked by the idea of being without a herd. The idea itself was unthinkable even though hes lived that life for far too long himself. She wasn't completely alone, by her admissions of having a brother.

Compelled, he moved up beside her again and asked, "Do you need an extra member? It is safer in numbers." Just the two of them, he felt that was too few to keep the siblings safe and provided. Being along was hard enough, the isle unforgiving enough.

She seemed to gentle to have to bare it alone, or with just one other to support the journey. Belatedly he added, "Until my herd makes its way back, they'll end up traveling back this way if they are too far." They would be looking for him, but until they come back, maybe he could help them?

Uta
I completely understand! Glad you are feeling better!

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Ravenna didn't see Atheron pull a face as she was so focused on guiding the stranger through the foliage before them. To her, everything he said about his band sounded reasonable. If Atheron was anything to go by they sounded like a decent enough group -- at least he did come off as a threat. What did surprise Ravenna was his admission that he was a painter. "A creative sort," she mused, a smile crossing her features. "I wouldn't have thought such a world traveler would get much time to be creative. Perhaps someday you'll get the chance-- as such, I'll have to take your word."

She didn't need to admit that this was the farthest from home she'd ever been--or at least, what had once been home. His sudden stop and short rear did cause Ravenna to give a small start in surprise. She peeked back at him, hoping he was okay -- but by that point he had already moved steadily back into his place beside her.

His questions and commentary did color her surprise, and she gave a slightly anxious flick of her tail. Surely, the stranger had to be kidding... hadn't he? "I mean..." She started to say, initially feeling as if she should discourage him. He was a stranger, after all. On the other hand, what he said was true -- and though she was a centauress, there were powers and creatures on the island that still could cause her or Aiolos great harm.

"I wouldn't wish to put you out. My brother and I seem to make do," she tried to reassure. "And such a great hero like yourself would likely do better helping your band. They surely depend on you!" Not, of course, that Aiolos and she wouldn't welcome another face. How was she to start a herd without new blood? But could their humble beginnings tempt anyone?

"You're very kind to suggest such a thing," she spoke sincerely. "I agree that its safer in numbers, but I couldn't ask such a favor." They were doing all right.... mostly. Weren't they?

((Completely up to you if you'd like him to hang out with Ravenna and Aiolos for a spell! :3 Short term, long term, no term... totes up to you! She'll get Nox Lunae up and running eventually LOL ))

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:16 pm
The painting skill seemed to surprise the new centaurs he meets. It didn't feel that special. Certainly the least impressive thing about himself. Hunter and fighter, painting just helped. Attempting to sound off-handed about it, he remarked, "Painting is helpful for camouflage and foraging." Sure, he could pull off a fairly good painting. War paint and hunting paints suited interest more.

Anything pretty was just a side hobby. Long side hobby.

She was thinking about his offer. It had to be her decision for her family band. Not being completely alone for a little while would be nice, but he'd respect her decision.

It just sounded a lot like she was trying to convenience the both of them that it was a bad idea. "They'll make their way back in a season or so. I'd be happy to help out until then. I can teach what I know." He tried to get to where he could watch her face and body language. Pushing too much would do, especially since it was his idea not hers.

If she wanted to be rid of him, he'd go.

Uta
I'd be thrilled to have him stick around, become another founding member. Between not being alone and enjoying Ravenna's company, it works. Poor Ravenna to endure his company XP

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 pm

Ravenna's tail gave a small swish as she considered the other. She paused in her walk, partially turning to better regard the stranger. On the one hand, she felt as if she needed Aiolos' permission before she accepted aid from another. There was still much she didn't know about Atheron and much he didn't know about Aiolos and she -- and there was still the concern that the Sun Herd might still be hunting the two of them down for their betrayal.

They were traitors, after all...

Then again, was this perhaps the blessing of the moon. Had she not stumbled upon him after a night's ritual and prayer? He certainly seemed eager, and it was safer to travel in numbers, especially out in the wilds. "It isn't entirely my decision alone," she admitted. "If you wish to travel with us, I think we could see how it goes -- provided my brother, Aiolos, has no objection and agrees to it." She wouldn't compromise a rift with her sibling, and Atheron had his own band -- surely he wouldn't be put out if things didn't work.

"I will warn you though -- I'm following the Moon spirits, and their wishes; and I'm afraid they can be a bit trying at times," she spoke reverently but with just a hint of bemusement in her words. Sometimes she knew exactly what the Moon and Stars wished of her and Aiolos, and other times, it was nothing but guesswork. She knew she was being called -- she just didn't know to where. But perhaps Atheron would be called too, just as she had.

"The lake is just beyond that thicket of trees," she spoke. "If your herd is there, feel no sense of obligation to remain. Aiolos and I have done all right on our own. I also feel I should tell you we... did rather leave our last herd quite abruptly. I was once being groomed to be a High Priestess of the Sun--but was called by the Moon Spirits instead. I'm a heretic, a traitor... and quite unwelcome near their lands." She still feared the Sun and spirits of the Day would cause her and her brothers -- even if the herd had given up looking for her, that didn't mean the Sun Spirits were so forgiving.

One could never tell what the gods, the spirits, and the magic of the world might do.

EvilSilverDragon
Great! I'm still working on the herd culture/lore/roles, but once it's open I'll link you so you can officially join! :3

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff