Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythikos

Back to Guilds

A B/C Centaur and Mythological Creature Shop 

Tags: Centaurs, Mythology, Roleplay, Pegasus, Fantasy 

Reply [IC] Chimereid Island RP
[PRP] Meeting by chance or design (Calais and Freya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fatal Irony
Crew

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:18 pm
User Image

She loved mountains. They stood tall and strong and immovable, silent in their judgement. She had travelled to Phoenix Island specifically to see this range and it was as breathtaking as advertised. She stood atop a tall hill which afforded her a look at the mountain range above the trees. It was still a ways in the distance and she had a long ways to go before she could stand at the base of one of the peaks and look up, but she paused anyway tom take in the sight. So many of the mountains were so tall she could barely comprehend how one might get to the top, and of course she was able to identify the pathway to the realm of the gods, its peak lost entirely in the clouds which seemed to swirl around it. It had an otherworldly aura and Freya was looking forward to reaching its base and leaving an offering. She hadn't started this journey with the offering in mind, but after reaching this island and seeing the Mythik Mountains for herself she realized how much she had to thank the Gods for. She wasn't sure what she would leave in thanks, but she'd figure it out on the way. The day was getting late so she decided to make camp for the evening and began collecting firewood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:18 pm
User Image

Unlike the large mare who had come purposefully to the Phoenix Isles, Calais had stumbled onto the island by pure chance! One moment he had been bounding through the foliage of the Chimera Island, laughing at the wind, and without a thought in his pretty little head, and the next he found himself lost in the thick jungles of the Phoenix Island! When he'd turned around, in hopes of getting back to a more familiar setting, all he found was more and more jungle.

Thankfully, Calais wasn't the sort to be brought down by an unexpected change of scenery. If the gods and spirits wanted him to explore a foreign forest, then who was the Elaphotaur to judge? Never mind, he was only a very small Elaphotaur, and he was completely, and utterly, lost. Inconveniences were hardly a problem to Calais, who had already filled his head with thoughts of running into an attractive stallion or two.

So it was, the afternoon wore on, and Calais picked his way through the thick foliage and the hilly landscape surrounding him. Trotting up a rather steep hill, the little deer was surprised to find a stranger at its peak -- and not just any stranger. This stranger was vibrantly colored, with ebony hair, a powerful build, and hooves that could crush him with one well-timed kick. Calais was more than ready to swoon over the handsome until he realized that he was actually a she -- a mare!

Well.

While it was disappointing on one level -- his fantasies of swooning into a pair of strong arms wasn't going to happen -- but that didn't mean he was going to shy away. He was quick and agile, and if this stranger turned out to be a threat, he'd flee. "Finally--I wondered if there was any life on this tricksy island," he started, giving his tail a little flick. He smiled at the stranger, taking steps to amble closer. "I see you found quite the view," he noted, giving the mountains a polite look before turning eagerly back to the stranger. "Did you come to this place on purpose or were you dropped off by a meddling spirit like me?"

Whether or not the stranger wanted to converse didn't matter to Calais -- he was happy to make friends with anybody.

Fatal Irony
Sorry for the delay! heart

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Fatal Irony
Crew

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:24 pm

Her mind was wandering as she prepared her camp, full of daydreams and fantasies. The day was waning and the shadows were beginning to lengthen.
The sky was a riot of color, all purples and yellows as the sun sank lower in the sky. The air was beginning to cool already with the promise of fall. She paused in her firewood-gathering as a voice called to her. She turned and smiled at the newcomer.

"I came here on purpose, though it sounds like you took the faster way!" She offered him a friendly chuckle. "Are you hungry?" She started rummaging in her provisions for the food she'd packed. She still had a nice supply of jerky she'd made before the journey and nuts and berries she's collected along her way. She offered an assortment to her new guest. "These woods can be dangerous at night. You're welcome to stay with me tonight!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:21 pm
Calais was glad that the stranger didn't seem immediately hostile, and he made quick work bridging the distance between them. Where common sense might have told him to approach the draft centaur with caution, Calais was never known to think things through. All he saw in Freya was a friend-he-hadn't-met!

"Now that you mention it, I am kind of famished," he confessed. Food had been the last thing on his mind as he pushed his way through the unfamiliar foliage and hills -- but now that the subject was brought up, he could feel just how utterly famished he was. In fact, he hadn't really thought of the fact that the sun was beginning to set despite having complimented the view -- if he didn't find his way back to the Chimera Isle soon, he'd be well stuck!

Well, that was something to worry about later. "I cam here the unexpected way," he corrected with a good-natured laugh. "And wholly unprepared. But I don't mind a little adventure -- and meeting such friendly company is wholly a plus!" Sure, it wasn't a handsome stranger to flirt with, but Calais was more than happy to meet someone who was equally friendly and not easily put-off. "I'm Calais," he introduced. "And I might well take you up on that."

If he was slaughtered in his sleep, so be it. It certainly wasn't a thought he had.

Fatal Irony

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out