[PRP] Nothing Wasted (Krios + Lunaris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:33 pm
User Image Though he'd been a hunter his whole life, Krios knew that offering his respects to the animals he killed was tantamount to respecting the forest itself. It was a bountiful environment, and he made certain to never take more than he needed. True, he made his living bartering pelts, feathers, and the like for necessary goods, but Krios also knew how to survive on the herbs and plant life that flourished here. The last thing he wanted was to upset the established balanced. Today, he had managed to catch a male pheasant past its prime, though its feathers were still luxurious and sleek.

With great care, he carefully gathered the feathers, discarded the entrails for the scavengers, and took the meat back to his small shelter further off in the forest. He'd prepare a simple meal for himself, and dry the rest to use as jerky. Perhaps the smell of cooking pheasant would attract visitors, but Krios didn't mind. If it was another 'taur, he would welcome them to join. If it was a predator, he knew how to defend himself and keep them away.

And, if no one showed up at all, he would enjoy a quiet meal to himself and relax in the beauty of the forest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:05 pm
User Image
It was a rare moment indeed that found Lunaris out in the forest and away from Draven. The fresh smell of pine and elderberry had drawn him out, hunting for bits and baubles that he could fashion into something more. Picking his steps delicately through the underbrush, Aris stripped a few fragrant branches to lay in his basket. He was almost on top of Krios when he noticed him there.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry," he said, hoof just shy of treading directly onto the stallion's own. How embarrassing! He backed up carefully, nearly upending his basket in the process. Oh dear. That had not at all been his intention. He'd simply thought of the fresh air and all of the beautiful things out there, and not that the area might be occupied. The basket already had an array of fresh wild flowers that he'd found in a meadow not far from here. Come to think of it... the fellow did look passingly familiar.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:08 pm
His ears twitched as he heard movement, and Krios lifted his head just in time to see a familiar centaur nearly step on him. He reached up without thinking when he saw the basket spill, but luckily the other.... Lunaris, was able to steady it. He'd met the beautiful centaur in passing before, admiring his skillful hands and the jewelry he crafted. He was also aware that Lunaris had a strong mate, as he deserved. Still, Krios wasn't completely unfeeling and sometimes imagined what life may had been like... ah, well.

"Don't be. I didn't exactly advertise my presence here." He smiled briefly before he gestured to the bird he was cooking over his simple fire. "Would you like to join me for a meal?" He wouldn't be offended if the other declined. It was, after all, an unexpected encounter in the woods.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:32 am

A bright smile eased across Lunaris's lips, and he moved to join the other centaur. "I'd be happy to join you for a meal. How kind of you to offer," he said, settling near Krios's fire. Whatever the other's thoughts might have been, he was certainly unaware of them. His basket was full of wild flowers, as full as his head was of dreams. He'd always been inclined to concoct new and unique pieces of jewelry or inventions. Truthfully, he was a tinkerer at heart, and there was very little that the young jeweler didn't enjoy making.

"What have you been hunting lately?" he asked, aware that Krios had seemed to do just that, as he'd seen the pelts that the stallion had to offer. They were, he thought, quite beautiful. His own hunt for pine needles and branches could certainly wait... although there was a lovely bit of elderflower quite nearby. "Do you like elderberries?" he asked, wondering if they might go well with the bird on the fire. They could cook the berries, after all, and thus make them safe and quite tasty.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 am
"Not at all," He replied, pleased that to have company when he expected none. Solitary as he was, Krios did enjoy socialization... so long as it wasn't too many people at once. "Birds, mostly. There are older males that won't make it through the winter." He tried to never take down animals in their prime, and especially not females. "Their feathers are beautiful. A moment." He rose, moving to carefully retrieve some of the exquisitely long tail feathers he'd gathered from the pheasant in particular. "Should you ever wish to experiment with incorporating feathers in your jewelry, I would be happy to provide." Krios held them how for Aris to take and examine if he wished. He had little doubt that the young Taur would be able to craft some beautiful pieces featuring said feathers. Krios loved delicate, well-wrought pieces, and it seemed simple to imagine that nature's beauty could only enhance them. But, he knew little of the making of jewelry; indeed, perhaps the feathers would merely overwhelm the pieces and make them seem gaudy.

"I do." He said thoughtfully, wondering how the tastes would pair. He could cook and season meat well enough, but by no means considered himself to be anything like a chef. "Did you find some?" In truth, he wondered what had drawn Lunaris out into the forest, but there would be time for more conversation over the meal.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:54 pm

The prospect of food was quite forgotten as Lunaris's eyes took in the sight of those feathers. They lit up with ideas and excitement. Already, Aris was contemplating how they might best be worked into an accessory or a piece of jewelry. "Oh! How beautiful!" He had used flowers before, but never feathers. Never like this. Such elegant feathers! How they might catch the eye if worn just so! Perhaps in the hair? Oh, or perhaps in a collar? What about a sort of... shoulder cap?

"There are so many things I could do with them! I'd love some. But what would you want in exchange?" he asked, more than happy to make a trade, if the centaur so wished. Delighted by the idea of all of the lovely jewelry that he could make with the feathers, he was more than open to whatever Krios might have in mind. "Um. Yes, there are elderberry trees nearby. I didn't pick any, but if we cooked them, we could certainly use them."

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:12 pm
Ah. Krios couldn't help but smile a little at the young centaur's obvious delight, pleased that his suggestion hadn't been a foolish one. "I have others, as well." And in varying arrays of striking colors and patterns, to boot. When Aris suggested a trade, the hunter didn't need to think twice. "I was thinking some new earrings. Nothing that dangles much or could get caught, but still something..." He trailed off, frowning as he tried to search for the word. "Nice." He finished lamely. Words may not have been his strong suit, but Krios knew the sort of things he liked.

He carefully turned the meat so it would cook evenly on all sides, glancing off into the distance as he did so "I'll fetch some for us, then. Bide a moment." It wasn't any trouble to trot off until he found the trees in question, and it certainly didn't take him long to collect a sizeable amount in his larger hands. He used a hoof to gently nudge a flat stone closer to the flames before setting the berries down. The heat from the fire should cook them quite well--hopefully without burning or charring.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:37 pm
The time that Krios was away was long enough for Lunaris to begin envisioning all sorts of earrings for the centaur that would suit his very specific needs. Oh, he loved this part of the process! Coming up with new and interesting designs was his life's joy. When the stallion returned, he couldn't help but start asking questions immediately. "Earrings that don't dangle or get caught... nice. Would you like jewels or plain metal? Or some other material? I've used pine cones before, and other things... but I don't think those would qualify as 'nice', exactly." Contemplating what the other had said, he had to wonder... "What about feathers? Would their dangling be too much?" Would that suit Krios?

At this point he had forgotten entirely about the mere concept of food, let alone the fact that his companion was presently making some. The fire seemed to be there just for the enjoyment of it. It was, after all, quite a nice light to see by. Cozy and comfortable, leaving one just enough room to imagine what could be. "And would you prefer silver? Gold? Copper? Oh, there are so many options..." Some of which he'd already made, in fact.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out