[PRP][Calais & Viorel] - Jewelry At Market

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 am
User ImageSeated at his stall at market, Viorel waited for customers to come. It was like waiting for small game to interact with a trap. Some people might stop briefly to watch him work, while others would seriously shop, especially combing over the rings or piercings, for example.

Each design or piece had a story. It was not as if he had antiques with myth surrounding them, but sometimes a piece gave him trouble, and "That one will get you into trouble, mark my words." Or in another piece, he might love how the light hit a crystal just so. He liked to share that point and amaze a customer. He loved the power of crystals, and he loved that look in their eyes at those times, shining with wonder. It secretly brought him great joy.

Today he was working on an armband as a means to sit by patiently. His muscles strained a little with the effort to bend the stiff, cold coil of silvery metal into warm loops and curls. He was getting tired and it was near lunch time. He decided that after he was done with the metal, he would set the armband aside and take a break. He had some jerky and mead sitting in the back waiting for him.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:56 pm
User Image

Calais was on cloud nine as he picked his way through the market. While the little elaphotaur might have looked out of place among all the much-larger centaurs, he hardly noticed or cared. While most of his kin may have preferred to keep to the woods and away from their larger brethren, Calais had little fear.

He was, admittedly, a bit of a foolish and silly sort of elaphotaur -- he tended to take very little seriously, and was often had nothing but fluff for brains. His heart was in a good place, but he didn't often think of the consequences of his actions, and in this case, didn't think twice about the fact that some centaurs were legitimate threats to his kind. If anyone dd look twice, Calais could only assume it was because of his dashing good looks and confident strut -- for indeed, the little horned beast was feeling his very best, and for good reason.

He'd found himself a man.

And not just any man, but one who was talented, a musician, and one who was all centaur.

Calais had always been easily struck by the love-bug. He tended to hop from relationship to relationship, and wasn't the sort to easily settle. Toto was, of course, his newest fling -- and he was eager to make a good time of it while they were together.

It was why he had scrounged up a few things to trade, and made his way to the local market. A new relationship meant it was time to get a new look, and that meant bartering some of what he had for something even better. How else was he going to keep Toto interested? Goodness knew the drummer wasn't interested in his brains...

There was one centaur he was hoping to see -- one who at least was familiar with his usual type of purchase. Thankfully, the centaur in question was quite vibrant in color, and easy to spot among the crowd. Hurrying over, Calais greeted Viorel in his usual, happy fashion, "Well hello there, stranger! Got anything new in silver?" He'd sported some lovely pieces from Viorel -- and some of them were already being shown off by the elegant elaphotaur.

Melomar
LOL I'm sorry. Calais is...well... Calais. I wrote in them knowing each other at least passingly -- can either be a frequent customer, or they can be on more friendly terms, your choice! He loves gemstones and silver jewelry

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:15 pm
Viorel saw Calais coming in flashes among the crowd and for that reason he hastened to finish with the armband. It was passable for the moment, he decided, and rose to his feet to greet one of his favorite customers. Calais was always fun to chat with, and often he came with items to trade for Viorel's work. "Welcome, Calais! I do indeed have some new pieces, and a couple that have been traded in earlier this morning." With a practiced motion he indicated some of the newer ones in the display, and then the traded work.

"What did you bring with you today?" he inquired after giving Calais time to look. There should be no rush in examining art.

He watched Calais and waited for reactions to his work. It was not simply to gloat; he needed to know one's gut response so that he could improve his style as needed. But the way he watched was very casual, and not expectant so much as gentle and passive. All at once he realized something was off about the elaphotaur. "You seem different today," he commented with a grin. "Radiant."

Melomar
The spirits acknowledge your perception! +1 Intellect Please post in the tracking thread to reclaim!

Uta
He is adorable. Viorel is fond of him, I think :3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:59 pm
Calais's little fluffy tail gave a little wag and he eagerly began to admire Viorel's wares. He was a greedy little elaphotaur, and couldn't help but admire the various pieces closely, secretly wanting them all. He could easily imagine how good they'd look against his dark skin, and how Toto might best appreciate them. He was a living canvas, after all.

"Oh, how lovely," Calais complimented, leaning down so he might get a better look. "May I?" He asked, hoping he could pick up to more closely admire a silver, bejeweled, bracelet. How fine would that look adorned on his delicate wrist? Oooh, if only he were lavishly wealthy... "Such lovely pieces," he further lauded, but his praise was ever sincere. He loved jewelry, and Viorel was certainly a great craftsman.

Once he was able to tear his eyes away from the bracelet, he gave a little grin. "Oh, a few of my older pieces. I'm in the mood for something extravagant and new," he confessed, reaching down so he could untie the small pouch he'd brought with him. He offered it to Viorel, if the crafter wished to open it and look through the wares. "A few gems and baubels and a golden ring I almost hardly ever wear." Gold really wasn't his color, after all.

At the comment that he looked radiant, different even, Calais couldn't help but beam happily and had to resist striking a bit of a pose. He was always a show off, but it was nice for his pleasure to be recognized. "Oh, I feel different," he confessed with yearning sigh. "I've met someone, and am eager to see them again soon."

New stallion, different day... but a second date meant Calais must have really hit it off.

Melomar

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:09 am
It was apparent that Calais liked what he saw, Viorel recognized the desire in the elaphotaur's eyes. When he asked to pick up some pieces, Viorel replied with a smile, "Of course you may! I encourage you to do so. It is very important to hold it in your hands to learn if it feels right to you." He was happy that his valued customer was enjoying himself with something he had worked so hard to design. What looked beautiful versus what felt balanced, finding that happy medium made him feel accomplished indeed. That bracelet was a favorite of his, but the right person had yet to claim it, until now, perhaps.

Viorel took the pouch that was offered to him. It was always difficult to price one's own wares, but he was a careful judge of worth and could apply it in another artist's work. What Calais had brought him were some interesting things, indeed. Gold was easier to work with than silver, but it was worth more, depending on the piece. The bracelet might be worth more than the ring, but Calais was a repeat customer, he wanted to keep that joy on his face. "Hm... if you want that bracelet, I will give it to you for these pieces." He indicated the ring and a couple of stones that he really liked. Truth be told, he wanted the stones more than the ring: they would make beautiful jewelry. But as a merchant he could not part with the bracelet for just the stones.

The jeweler lit up. Who could this person be! Don't let them go! "They must be very special. They make you happy! That is wonderful."

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 pm
Calais happily picked up the bracelet, allowing his eyes to admire Viorel's craftsmanship. He took his time admiring it, turning it over this way and that, bringing it closer to his eyes, before testing it out on his person. Given Viorel knew Calais as a regular, the colorful stallion must have known that the elaphotaur was very much so interested.

At Viorel's acceptance of the trade, Calais didn't hesitate. "Done!" Another day he might have attempted to barter, but honestly, the little elaphotaur wasn't very good at that, either. Trade wasn't his strong suit, though he somehow managed to have enough to get by. Most of what he owned eventually made its way back to Viorel, at the end of the day. "What sort of stone is this?" He asked, after-the-fact, reaching out his arm and allowing the bracelet to catch the light of the sun.

When Viorel spoke about Toto, Calais couldn't help but grin. "I suppose he is special," he agreed, almost surprised by the admission. "We'll see what happens, I suppose! Who knows? Maybe I'll drag him down here one day and you can see for yourself." Another client wouldn't be objectionable to Viorel, after all.

"But what of you? Anything exciting happening in your world?" He mused. Calais did like a bit of gossip, after all.

Melomar
Sorry for the delay! :3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:21 pm
Viorel was not the greatest barterer because he valued things a little differently than others might. It did not make him a pushover by any means, but he did try to think of the artist as well as the customer. So he tried to value wares fairly. That was to Calais' advantage, of course. While he was considering Viorel's offer, the lavender taur watched him closely. Calais thought the trade was fair. That was the best part. Calais would never leave the tent only to suffer from buyer's remorse. He would look at that bracelet on his wrist and smile.

"What stone is it? Well, let me see..." Viorel loved to talk about stones. But he tried not to bore Calais to tears. In addition to the little gemology lesson, he showed Calais how to refract light with it to make it sparkle. That was the most exciting part of a trade or purchase, when the customer's eyes lit up. "Now if you wanted to pair it with something, I would suggest something like this or this." He held up a tray with loose stones that he was working on. "These will compliment each other, though you don't necessarily need anything more than what you have on now," he said frankly. "It already matches you so well."

It was Viorel's turn to light up. Toto was special. This was an important admission from the elaphotaur. Could Calais settle down? It was hard to say. If not now, then someday, though. Viorel honestly hoped Calais would find happiness with someone. "Feel free to bring him anytime."

"Oh, me? Well, the other day I met someone in the woods. It was like a fairy tale." Including the embarrassing parts, which he would omit when he proceeded to tell the story of how he, of all people, became a damsel in distress, with a happy ending. "And we lived happily, for a night. I haven't seen him since," he admitted with a small sigh.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:28 am
Calais properly ooh'd and ahh'd when Viorel showed him how the stone sparkled and glimmered in the light. Surely, it was a sign that he had chosen correctly -- and Viorel did know him well. He was as flighty as anything, and his attention span was equally distractable. However, shinies would alwas draw his gaze, and if he hadn't already been sold on his trade, he was now.

"It's absolutely marvelous, darling," he cooed. Though he did admire the accessories, he had little else to trade. "Perhaps next time. I think this piece is beautiful enough on its own, and my natural charm and good looks will do the rest!" He laughed, absolutely sure of himself. He always was a vain thing, after all -- and no amount of goodness in his heart could change that.

His little tail wagged a bit as Viorel invited him to bring Toto around someday. "I certainly plan to, provided he sticks around," he mused, hopefully. Surely, Calais didn't doubt Toto's intention (and hypocrtically enough, he often dropped his dates without a second thought after growing bored)... but he did rather hope the big centaur would stay focused. "I have no doubt he'll enjoy meeting you, and perhaps he'll find something shiny to sport. He is a musician, after all," he stated with pride. How romantic.

As Viorel spoke of his own liason in the woods, Calais was no longer interested in jewelry but gossip. He leaned forward, eyes wide. "Oh! Oh, what are you doing here? You must seek him out! Though I suppose he might hope to excite your anticipation by remaining aloof. Do you think you'll see him again? What was his name? What did he look like?" Perhaps Calais could seek him out during his travels if Viorel could not?

"Then again, if the spirits don't wish him to return, I have no doubt we can find you another handsome beau. There are plenty of taurs on the plains, after all," he reassured.

Melomar

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out