[PRP][Alieus & Viorel] Heaven Scents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:24 pm
User ImageViorel's stall had been open most of the day. An hour or two left before sunset, he would close up shop then. Until then, did start to put his work station in order and put some things away to prepare to leave. He did not like to be caught out after sundown unless he was out hunting. Someone could get hurt, and it would not be him.

Still, some customers invariably trickled in until the end. He liked how they rushed around, sometimes buying something they would not have otherwise. It was not that they were tricked, or pressured by anyone or anything besides their own sense of urgency. He carefully kept a smirk from his lips as he toyed with a bowl of potpourri. It was the base for some incense he liked to burn at times throughout the day, mainly when he was on break. The scent was meant to relax nerves or just smell nice. He left the bowl alone when a number of prospective customers wandered near, and wore a light smile and exchanged a greeting or two.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:09 pm
User Image

Aelius had first stumbled upon this little shop quite a bit ago, perhaps a month or just a little over. Since then he had visited it multiple times to buy new jewelry or accessories. He had come to at least know that the owner and seller was called Viorel and that their items were of great quality, but apart from that, he didn't really know much of the other centaur. Something he'd like to fix, if anything, to start a possible barter and trade relationship of sorts.

Today, however, he had been distracted by other shopping needs, mainly more spears to continue his learning of spear fishing to feed himself and so had rushed over to make it before Viorel had closed up shop. The moment he walked in, the relaxing and calming scents hit him and he paused, taking a moment to simply catch his breath and breath deeply.

"This place always smells so wonderful...." he stated, smiling softly.

Melomar

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:06 pm
There was someone Viorel had been hoping to see today, but as the hours advanced realized that they probably would not come. He understood that a vendor for something vital like a grocery would probably see the same people every day. His wares were for special occasions, or more rarely, combat, although he as not the person to ask to imbue a charm or protection upon his jewelry, but he did use stones and crystals strong enough for that job.

All at once that person had come, standing in the doorway a little out of breath. Had he hurried here? Viorel realized. That was so c--

"Aelius! Welcome." He didn't need to give a pitch to Aelius, he was a repeat customer after all, so he expected to let Aelius alone, welcome of course to ask questions. By now he should be familiar with Viorel's wares. There was always something new, but it was a fairly slow business.

"If you like the scent I could give you some of the essential oil it comes from," he offered fiddling with a piece of the potpourri. It did have a gentle scent. Not too powerful, but had a definite presence within its range.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 am
Aelius had just about lost himself in the soft yet pleasant cent when Viorel called out to him. A smile spread across his face and he chuckled, though a bit embarrassed. "Sorry I didn't mean to squeak in so close to you closing up. The spear seller had some new types of spears he really wanted tested out and I must say.... he did a fine job of roping in myself and two others." he laughed again before slow trotting over towards the other, taking in a deep breath.

"I actually would be honored if you'd share some. I've never quite felt so relaxed as when I'm here." he grinned again, before he turned towards a stand that still had some wares left out, a few new pieces he hadn't yet seen. All various shades of blues, dark, light, deep, soft. He felt as if he was staring into thousands of tiny little oceans just suspended on gorgeous chain or strapping leather.

"How you manage to create such perfection is beyond me." he whispered offhandedly as he gently reached out to lift a deep blue gem to the light to catch its shine. Usually he went for golds or soft pinks to match his shoulder markings...... but today.... well today he was thinking he quite possibly felt a bit blue.

But not the sad kind of blue.

Melomar

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:45 pm
"You're fine," Viorel replied with a little chuckle. He would not mind being a little late finishing up today. He listened intently to the account of the spear seller; the man was a master at sales and Viorel was not surprised that Aelius had found himself trying out some of the spears. He also sold other kinds of staves. "My favorite staff was one of his," he affirmed. "It has an almost fluid balance to it, very well made."

Viorel looked for a small vial or something to put the essential oil in, and found one that contained a couple of clasps. He would need to make some more clasps tomorrow and find a new vial to put them in. For now he could leave them out on the table in a small tray instead. He poured some of the oil into this vial and offered the original to Aelius. It was nicely labeled because Viorel liked to use different scents throughout the year. "Here you are."

Oh, a compliment. To say he disliked them would be a lie, but he was confident in his skill and did not take it too close to heart. Instead, his mind forged on ahead. Could he tell Aelius that he sometimes made pieces with a person in mind? They were not always interested in those pieces, but it helped him to get out an idea that would not necessarily have come otherwise. Sometimes the stones spoke to him. One of the stones Aelius was interested in had flecks of gold that the gold metal set off in the light. It was spectacular in the sunlight as well as indoors. Using silver would have wasted that stone's potential. Another piece nearby used a stone of the same material, but it looked best with silver. It really depended on the stone. "I get inspiration from many sources," he said warmly. He was happy to see Aelius expanding his interest to other colors that might suit him in different situations than the ones he normally wore.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:41 am
"Oh yes, he is a master of his craft for sure." Aelius had added when Viorel mentioned that he too often got caught at that particular centaurs stand. And very well deserved, at least Aelius would say. "Like you, he produces exceptional wares." he mused, now recalling the image of his, perhaps, favorite fishing spear he had managed to find.

It was older now, from the same seller, but still worked well when kept sharpened and cleaned. The more he looked at these blue gems, the more he imagined being at the river side, old faithful spear in hand, waiting for the glimmer of scales to flash beneath the ripples. It caused another smile to tug at his face and an idea hit him.

"If I may ask your honest opinion, Viorel?" he paused a moment, turning to the other before back at the gems. "While I intend to purchase some for myself..... would you find me odd if I asked for some for my favorite spear?" he blinked curiously, looking now at the gems and jewel pieces that were a mix of faint blues and dark blues swirled with flicks of silver. "I was thinking, perhaps, bits of ribbon with a few gems on it, tied around the end of the handle. Where it wont be in the water.... and well... then we can match some days." he chuckled a bit, realizing that probably sounded super silly. A small tint of pink rose to his cheeks and for a moment he avoided any eye contact.

Melomar

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:10 pm
Viorel watched Aelius process something carefully. Deep in thought, perhaps, or working out a problem. Certainly Viorel was surprised by the result. He wanted to match with one of his spears? At first Viorel doubted his understanding of the request. But, if I wanted to match a staff, say, for a demonstration or festival, it would make sense.I would ask a jeweler or armorer to do it, he thought. "Yes, I could do something like that for you."

But Aelius had asked if he was odd for his request, and Viorel fancied that the man was a little shy about it. Viorel smiled warmly. "I think that I understand. The spear becomes an extension of the self. It feels right."

He nodded to himself. Whatever Aelius' reason, that was important, and hopefully he would not question his decision. "We will work together on this project. I will need you to choose the stones you want to use. Tonight the light is tinted by the sunset. You can return tomorrow to pick while the sun is high. Bring your spear. And never fear, you will be glad that you came to me about this."

Fea Line
Also, if Aelius insists on doing this tonight, Viorel will stay.

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games