Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:17 pm
User Image

Proving he wasn't making up a story ended up taking far more time then expected. Any time not spent with his new herd, as it were, became dedicated to preserving his honor. Retroactively but Flora didn't need to know that. It also proved adventitious, more paintbrushes never went amiss. His talents didn't need such things, but they had their uses.

In the efforts to find the perfect feathers, he found something else. This was something special, something perfect for one centuaress in particular. The bird he was chasing took off, shedding several feathers as it went. In collecting those feathers, he found a long silvery white feather. He didn't see the bird that dropped the feather leaving a mystery.

Poetically, it seemed to be a drop of Moon glow itself. As light and white as the Moon itself.

There was only one being this was a half worthy gift for. As excited as a foal with a 'treasure', Atheron ran. His work on creating patrol paths did not reduce the obstacles, flying over fallen branches was one joy he was loathed to drop.

As ever, he was charging through his path, racing to find Ravenna with a barely tamed smile and a lightness to his step.

Uta
aka 'look what I found biggrin '

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:36 pm
Ravenna had finally settled on a patch of land to form a new herd. It was still quite small, consisting primarily of Aiolos, Atheron, and herself, but she was in no rush to find new members when she had little to provide.

What exactly was she meant to do?

She didn't wish for the herd to be like that of the Sun Herd. Not only were they substantially smaller, but she wasn't keen on digging up the earth and creating villages and buildings; she wanted a herd that lived more kindly upon the land of the islands. Certainly, shelter would be needed, but she wanted homes and places of refuge that worked more harmoniously with the trees and greenery around them. And what of the Moon itself? How would she best honor and worship the spirits of the night? She couldn't require the herd be fully nocturnal--but night would be when many of their celebrations and rituals would take place.

But what rituals? What celebrations?

Ravenna's tail thrashed a bit in her annoyance. Maybe she had been misguided in thinking she'd make a herd leader. Maybe Aiolos would be more suited...

Before her train of thought weaved its way down that dark path, her ears twitched, and she picked up the sound of Atheron's heavy-hoofed approach. The stallion had been a lovely asset, and she was glad for his appearance. Perhaps this was a reminder from the spirits that she was, indeed, on the right path -- for surely, Atheron wouldn't have remained otherwise. "Salutations, sir," she greeted cordially, offering a light bow in greeting. Her smile was warm though, and while it was a bit late for Ravenna to still be awake, she was glad for the company.

She wasn't sure if he was simply passing through, or on some sort of quest, so she stepped aside- -in case he wanted to rush through. She wouldn't hold him up if he had somewhere to be.

EvilSilverDragon
What a pretty feather!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:58 pm
Trotting slowed, he beamed at Ravenna, a few almost foalish hoof shifts. Finally stilling, he greeted her back. Following her motions, he offered a mirrored bow. "Greetings, Ravenna!" If he was trying to hid he excitement, he was failing horribly. This item felt like such a treasure and he was so sure it would make her smile.

Pulling out the feather, he presented it to her, "A piece of the Moon landed on my path for you." Without seeing the bird that dropped the feather, what else could he call it? There was no one it would look better on then her.

A Priestess of the Moon would surely be the perfect one to have a feathered blessing. It just ended up on his path to deliver.

Uta
Sorry, I didn't know you were waiting on me ;.; Need to check gaia more often

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:08 pm
Atheron certainly seemed to be in a good mood, and his body language confirmed it. Of course, while she noticed his happy smile, she could only chalk it up to the fellow having a good day. Perhaps his patrols were going well? Or maybe he'd had a success romp through the woods, bowling down various foliage just like the day they'd met.

So it was, it was a great surprise when the dark-coated Centaur pulled out a beautiful, pale feather. "Oh!" She breathed, taking a moment to best admire the gift. "For me? Are you sure?" She confirmed, before reaching out to gently take the offering with a warm smile. "I've never seen such a beautiful feather -- perhaps it fell from a Moon spirit?" Perhaps it was from a phoenix, or even that of a bird. Whatever the case, it certainly looked as if it had been dipped in moonlight.

"How lucky to have found such a fine treasure. I dare say the Moon is pleased with your fine work," for what else could such a gift possibly mean? Atheron was surely well favored.

Already she had ideas on what to do with the feather. It would more than likely wind up as an accessory to weave within her hair, or tuck behind her ear. A reminder to always have a generous spirit -- just like Atheron.

EvilSilverDragon
No worries! <3 I'll try to tag you on Discord more regularly!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:51 pm
Each hoof lifted only a few inches and dropped with great restraint. His little heart practically pranced as she looked at the gift he had brought. This feather was laid on his path for her. There was no more proof needed then her expression.

As she reached for the feather, he stilled completely. With a single nod, he waited. A tiny part of him almost feared the ethereal blessing would dissolve upon a touch. The item seemed so unreal, beautiful and light. A lot like her, a light blessing stilling the chaos around her.

As living chaos, that was a feat beyond measure.

Happy to share the story, he encouraged her assessment of the moon spirit. "I was hunting feathers for brushes, had to keep my word." His pride more like but word sounded better. "Through the trees, I found this single feather sitting on a stone bathing in the moon beam. It almost glowed, couldn't believe it was real. I didn't see or hear a bird. It was just there, sitting waiting for me to find it and bring it here." Only Spirits made any sense, surely there would other signs if an actual bird dropped it. Unless the bird itself was the messenger.

What was the message, he wondered.

If she was pleased, surely the Moon would be too. "I am honored!" By the pleasure of the Moon and their Priestess

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:46 pm
Ravenna admired the pale feather once more, imagining what it might look bathed in moonlight, simply waiting for Atheron. Any other being might have found it, or a strong wind might have blown it away -- but it was there, simply waiting for the stallion. A gift from the Moon, indeed!

"Are you sure you don't wish to fashion it into a brush or some sort of quill?" She asked, looking away from the feather and back up at her herdmate. Clearly, a brush made from this gift would be special indeed -- and he had found it! Though she was grateful for him being so generous, she did want to make sure he wasn't sacrificing something he might like for himself. "At minimum, I dare say the spirits are eager to bless you. Quite the auspicious sign! Do you wish for any help seeking out feathers? I can certainly keep my eye out for them, if there is something in particular you need." She was curious about his artistic side -- camouflage had never been something she'd considered, but it might be useful or needed as their little herd grew in number.

Anything she could do to support him and his endeavors, certainly.

EvilSilverDragon
Aww, he's such a good boy! A good bean.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:52 pm
The idea of that beautiful feather tainted by paint or ink proved a horror beyond imagining. "No paint or ink would be worthy of that feather, at least not by my hand." If she wished it, there was none that should stand in her way. It was just not something he could ever do.

That and the feather was far too delicate for a paint brush.

Since she offered to help, he pulled out one of the brushes he was working on. A white swan feather attached to a small stick. The stick received some really, really crude carving work. It was not one of his best works. It also wasn't one of his best hobbies. "If you find sturdy goose, swan, parrot or maybe turkey feathers discarded, they work best. These just fell from birds in the area." Birds he chased and slightly harassed but didn't touch or physically harmed.

Quote:
If you are curious, this was my inspiration for the feather paint brushes and how it was done in ye ol' days: ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x17BA33-7gs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm
Ravenna gave a small smile and nod, conceding fully to the gift. "Very well then. It sounds as if it shall be a precious gift, from a good friend, and blessed by our very moon. I know just what to do with it, and it shall be worn with pride," she mused. Yes, she would wear it during her full moon rituals, or during times of great celebration.

It was only fitting, after all.

As Atheron described the sort of feather he wished to seek out, Ravenna gave a nod. "I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for such a bounty, and will be sure to let Aiolos know as well." Eventually, when the herd was larger, she would be sure to let any future hunters or gatherers or foragers know what to look out for. Perhaps Atheron was not a celebrated artisan, but there would be others, and he could teach the herd his ways.

"I do have a small collection of feathers if you wish to peruse? They were simply waiting to be used in some spell or ritual, but had yet to whisper to me their true purpose or time. I'd be happy to let you look through, and see if any suit your purpose?" She wondered if a small but sturdy rock or harpy feather would do-- though there was risk in seeking out such creatures. She had yet to see any Roc's in the area, much to her relief -- and the harpies that she knew of were closer to the caves near her old Sun Herd. She had a few of their feathers stored away from her time elsehwere.

EvilSilverDragon
Ooooh, neat video! Appreciate the share! I'm also going to have to get Ravenna a nice white moon peacock feather as an item someday!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:24 pm
The Moon was right, the feather would suit her perfectly. Fist to shoulder, he bowed slightly while speaking, "I am sure it will serve you well." The Moon had to favor her, she was their priestess after all.

The little web he started to get out of a bit of a sticky lie seemed to take life of its own. He was well on his way to start a brush selling business! "I am glad for your help, and his, of course." Atheron wasn't about to turn down sturdy feathers.

A feather for a feather? Any of her personal stash would need special sticks and best care. Not one to turn away her favor, he gratefully agreed, "I would love to see what you have collected." What someone chooses to collect and keep gives an insight into what they treasure. What feather did she feel called to?

Uta
One would look lovely on her! The contrast with her hair would make the white feather really pop!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:11 am
Ravenna was pleased that Atheron would take her up on the offer. He had been such a good sport about their situation -- and had never uttered a complaint. He'd been great support, and a friendly new addition to their little herd -- though she did fear the day he might leave to find his original band. He'd never promised to stay forever, after all... and she wouldn't stop him from returning to those that claimed him first.

But she would forever be grateful and enjoy him as a member of Nox Lunae while he was with them. "Excellent," she smiled, all but beaming at him. "Come then -- it's not far, if you've the time," she spoke, partially turning to lead him back to the heart of the herd.

The lands were fertile and peaceful. The woods allowed for homes and sanctuaries to be crafted, with ample resources to spare. There were meadows and plains nearby so when it was time to celebrate beneath the moon, they needn't go far -- and paths for easy travel were already being crafted, well in part thanks to Atheron.

While she didn't have a home built, per say, she had set up a small shelter beneath a large, sturdy tree. She had hopes to build around it, in time, to allow her comfort and privacy, as needed, but also to live within nature and allow the tree room to grow. Most of her items were kept stored within natural hollows within the tree. She had some smoked leather and furs draped above and around the shelter, hanging off branches, and pulled by fallen limbs to keep off the worst of the rain. But more work would be needed--and perhaps some investment in actual crafters--to turn the little shelter into a home.

A few others who lived on the land had actual cottages --- and she was certain as the herd grew, more would want to build. So long as they worked in tandem with natura, Ravenna wasn't adverse to the idea -- but it wasn't something she was skilled in, herself.

"Have you been enjoying your time in the herd?" She asked Atheron as she lead him towards her chosen tree. The walk wasn't long, but it would allow a little amicable conversation. "You've been a blessing since you agreed to aid us," she commended with a warm smile.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:30 pm
Ravenna only needed to beckon and he was at the ready to follow. Moving after her, he found his pace just a step behind her front hooves. The world seemed to still, from the wind in the trees to the twitches in his muscles. These are the moments he would call ethereal. "I always have time," he answered to the wind.

Full breaths to just experiencing the quite symphony of air and fauna. Even the soft earth giving way to a heavy hoof, something he didn't experience much. The path beneath him probably gave a sigh of relief that it was a step and not a wild canter.

Even the scent of wild blossoms, woody trees and rich earth seemed more vivid. Just taking those moments to slow down brought the world back to him.

Ravenna couldn't have picked a better play for her herd. The Moon couldn't have picked a better priestess.

Her question was an easy one to answer, "I've loved every minute in this herd." After ages traveling alone, this harbor in the metaphorical storm came at such a perfect time.

He kicked up to a peppy trot, chest puffed out just a bit. "I am honored that I can give back to the herd." That she thought someone like him was a blessing wasn't a statement he would argue against.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:52 pm
Ravenna was pleased that Atheron wasn't in need to hurry away. Their herd was small but growing -- they both had work to do, for the betterment of Nox Lunae, but that didn't mean they couldn't stop and enjoy one another's company. The dark coated stallion brought life to the herd, and she was certain their trails and borders were protected thanks to his experience.

She smiled at his confessed, allowing her raven tail to sway in pleasure at the admission. "I'm glad to hear it," she spoke, her pleasure genuine. Silver eyes sparkled in gratitude as she lead him towards her small shelter. "It's a better place with you in it. You'll always find a home here," she assured, even if he needed to leave to return to his former band, or was called away elsewhere.

"I'm glad we met that fortuitous day," Ravenna added. "The spirits were good to lead us down that path." And though it wasn't much, she could at least offer him a boon of friendship, and now, some feathers. It wasn't much, but hopefully it would be enough. Theirs was a simple life but Ravenna loved it, and hoped Atheron, and others, would as well.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:45 pm
For a time he just followed in silence. Moments of basking in her presence proved a stillness like water to a parched desert. Her mentioning of a home brought forth a few thoughts. "This herd felt like home from the.." Wait, that wasn't right. He remembered home. Just the images that word conjured was enough to send his tail twitching. Drawing his eyes from their surrounding, he looked directly into hers when he rephrased himself. "This herd feels like belonging."

Somewhere in that head of his two of his bran cells finely tapped the third to remind him that trying to hold her attention after saying something like that was probably uncomfortable. The word belonging was spoke at her, or perhaps toward her.

Thanks to those three poor distracted brain cells, another comment got past the 'shut up filter'. "No matter which path I take, the spirits always bring me right back here. I follow willingly." He tried to keep his attention everywhere but it fell right back to her at the word 'here'.

At least this time the memory of his former herd matron came to kick some sense into him. Catching himself, he coughed and rubbed the back of his head. A phantom pain of a smack to the back of the head from a mare not there but always haunting him.

The action helped sooth the embarrassment. Shifting hooves defused more. There would be no blame if she decided to kick him! Shifting a little he commented, "Do you collect anything else, besides the feathers?" Curiosity about her interest promoted the new line of conversation. She liked his flower the first time they met. Now with feathers, could there be other things to keep an eye out for her?

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:24 am
Ravenna listened to Atheron explain -- and when he caught her eye, she couldn't help but offer a warm and soft smile. If her ears burned a bit from the others admission, she hoped her dark skin covered it. He truly was a sweet stallion, and so very dear. She was grateful that the spirits had let them cross paths, and offer him a place to belong.

"We are glad to have you here," Ravenna reiterated quietly, sincerely. "You'll always belong here, always have a home here." And he'd always have her as a friend.

They had finally made it to the heart of the herd, and over to her small abode. The tree that she lived out of was large, and still quite alive -- despite the natural opening carved out by who-knew-what well before Ravenna arrived. There were small glowing crystals within, and a few furs to help keep herself comfortable during the colder hours. There were small satchels, candles, and jars full of various herbs, flowers, stones, and even a few bones. Still, the energy ofr the place was soft, and welcoming -- and the longer they remained, the more cozy Ravenna hoped to make it.

Leading him in, she went over to a small box, and opened it. Within were a plethora of feathers, of all colors and varieties. Some were common birds, while others were clearly more magical in nature. "Feel free to take what you need," she encouraged. "As for me, I tend to collect whatever gifts that world seems to offer. Herbs, flowers, feathers, stones, crystals, shells... I suppose it's eclectic, but they are good for offerings, or rituals to the Night."

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:19 pm
That smile had the stallion trotting on air. Slowly, he pulled his hand back down from the back of his head. It was probably a good thing he couldn't see the spikey mess the previous soothing action. Instead, he just followed slightly behind her settling into a comfortable lull in their conversation.

Her abode was somewhere he didn't intrude. It always seemed like her place of peace away from everything else. This was probably the first time he was coming so close. Based on the stories of Nature his herd always told, it seemed like the tree wanted her there. Or that could have been a herd story. Hard to remember.

He walked carefully, each step thought out and placed purposely. A first time for everything. Stiffly, poor Atheron was doing everything he could not to disturb anything in her space.

It was striking how perfect this place felt for her. Just the feel was right. Atheron just had to wonder if she was able to see herself for the wonder she was, the wonder he and no doubt her brother saw.

Drevan came to mind, his 'house' versus her home. Admittedly he preferred this style of nature to the one build with the logs. usually his own was a lean-to if needed or under a thickly covered tree.

Studying the structure of the tree, he wondered if he could mimic it? The stallion was vastly overestimating his 'skill' but the heart was there.

He listened to her explanations as he looked over the feathers. Hand going lightly over each of them, little testing for the strongest hollow shafts and sturdiest vane. Some of them he could tell were more special than others. For that reason he avoided them. Five feathers were selected. They weren't the most colorful but had the features he really needed.

Not trusting himself to look her in the eye, he complimented with, "You have a gift for seeing the value of what you come across." She really did, and attracted things to her of value in return.

Uta

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces