Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:38 pm
User Image

"Aaah! I'm so late. So late!" This wasn't anything new for her. She typically was never on time. "Oh where is my bag?!" She hurried around her home, searching for the bag she always carried with her to the market. She tossed papers and books aside, causing them to scatter all over the floor. She paused for a second thinking, 'that's a tomorrow problem' and continued her search. Finally she spotted it near the door (right where she usually left it) and hurriedly grabbed it as she hustled outside.

The sun shone down on her, small clouds periodically drifting across to give her a slight shade, but it was very hot. The end of the summer was approaching and she couldn't wait for the autumn coolness and beautiful colors to arrive. The end of the summer also meant the arrival of the seasonal market. She had planned to get there early so she could peruse the stalls without bumping into too many taurs. Suffice to say, too many in one area could get pretty cramped. But she had overslept and so now she was rushing to get there before the crowd.

She ran at a light gallop, not wanting to exhaust herself before she got there. As she neared the clearing where the market was usually held, she could already hear it was bustling with activity and her heart fell. It was already crowded and teeming with life. Taurs of all shapes and sizes filled the area browsing the wares and different stalls. Delicious smells filled the air from the vendors who were offering their talents and skills of cooking for trade and coin. Her stomach grumbled at the thought since she hadn't taken time to actually eat before bolting out the door. She made her way over to one of the stalls and found a tasty looking corn cob on a stick covered in some sort of sauce. She ruffled through her bag and found something to offer for trade. The vendor smiled happily at her, took her offered trade and handed her one of the corn. She took it and made her way over to a shady spot to enjoy it. While she ate, she looked around at all the different stalls, making note of which ones she wanted to visit.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Astrophel was delighting in going through the stalls, admiring all the things on offer. He had only collected a little bit of food and staples from the vendors. He was looking for something special to bring home though. But every time he thought he might have found it, which wasn’t often, he wondered if another stall had something better for him. In his bags were just loaves of bread, various fruits, vegetables, and some spices. The lack of that special something wasn’t bothering him. The market was there all day and he had nothing else to do.

Making his way around a corner, he spotted someone who he had seen a few times before. She had interested him at the time. Changing his plans, he decided to go get to know her better. Hopefully she wouldn’t think him strange or creepy. And that she had time to talk.

“Pheniope, right?” Astrophel asked as he approached. “You work at the bookstore.” He felt a little awkward all of a sudden. Of course she knew where she worked. “Uhh..” At a loss for words and embarrassed already, Astrophel hoped she wouldn’t be put off.

Moxxiie

spelldancer
Crew

Swashbuckling Fairy

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:22 pm
She finished her treat quickly, eager to get back to browsing. She was shuffling through some quills at a table nearby when someone said her name. She turned to see who had said it and as she did her arm brushed the pottery the quills were placed in and it fell to the ground shattering. "Oh no!" she quietly gasped and bent to pick up the scattered quills and broken pottery. "I'm so sorry," she started and looked up to see who it was that had spoken her name. She thought it must have been the vendor, before her eyes met with his. "Oh! Hi, um, yes, um..." Flustered, she trailed off. She felt her cheeks growing warm from embarrassment, as well as some other feeling she wasn't sure of. She averted her eyes quickly, focusing on picking up the ceramic pieces. Once she had them all gathered and the spilled quills picked up, she stood back up and placed it all on the table. "I'm sorry, you must think I'm so clumsy." She smiled shyly at the taur who had approached. "Are these your wares? I promise I'll pay for the broken pottery." Just then, she remembered he had asked her a question. "And yes, I do work at the bookstore. I remember seeing you there a few times. It's nice to see you again, Astrophel." She chuckled nervously and fiddled with the end of her hair that hung over her shoulder.

Spelldancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:14 pm
Astrophel was surprised that he remembered his name. She must see so many ‘tuars in the bookshop that he wouldn’t have been able to keep them all straight. “I’m the one that startled you. It is my fault that you knocked over that pot. But, no, these aren’t mine.” He smiled at her, with a little wink. “And it should be me paying for any damaged goods.” He reached out to look through the quills and see what might need to be replaced.

“Are you enjoying the market?” He asked as he checked over a couple quills, smoothing out a few ruffled ones. “Is there anything you are looking for today?” Satisfied that nothing had been damaged beyond the pot, he turned to Pheniope. “Maybe I can help you search?” He didn’t want to part from her just yet.

Moxxiie

spelldancer
Crew

Swashbuckling Fairy

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:17 pm
As they spoke, the owner of the stall approached with a sour look on his face. "Oy! You bet you'll pay for those and the broken pot." He growled at her holding out his palm to her waiting for payment. This embarrassed her so much she felt her face grow warm with anxiety. "Oh, of course," she muttered as she quickly found some coins in her bag and thrust them into his hand. He huffed and walked away grumbling something about 'clumsy oaf.'

"So sorry," she said softly, her head hung in shame as she tried to shuffle away but then bumped into Astrophel. "I... I should just go," she said to him. She already felt so awkward and embarrassed that she wasn't sure she could look him in the eye now. "I don't want to ruin your day at the market. I seem to have a bit of bad luck today. Must be the spirits making a mess of things." She lightly chuckled at her own joke but also secretly hoping it was the case and not just her own blundering.

spelldancer

((I'm not hinting at them going separate ways, just that she is an anxious little bean))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm
After glaring at the stall owner as he was rude to Pheniope, Astrophel was startled when she made motions to leave and bumped into him. “What? No.” He started, placing a staying hand on her arm. “Please. I find that it is more fun to explore the market with a friend. Please stay the day with me?” Hope filled his voice as he spoke. He understood being embarrassed about being a little clumsy, but it didn’t need to ruin the rest of the day.

“Come,” grasping her hand he began to lead her away from the stall. “What do you like most about the market? There are large variety of things to see and buy.” He swung his bag a little, mindful not to jostle anything in it. “I always find something new each time I visit.” Astrophel wanted to look at Pheniope but kept his eyes forward to see where they were going. It was not a good idea to run into anyone.

Moxxiie

spelldancer
Crew

Swashbuckling Fairy

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:23 pm
Her heart raced at the touch of his hand on hers. It was such a small gesture but filled her with joy that he would be so kind to her. "Okay," she said and smiled big at him. Her anxiety melted away as they made their way further into the market.

"Well, I'm sure you could guess I always like to find new books, and it's also nice to see what sort of new and interesting baubles you might find." She paused a second and then squeaked, "Candles! I'd love to find some new candles. I know there's a lady who always has really nice ones. I hope she's here today. What are you hoping to find?" She glanced at him, her gaze wandering over his lovely purple hair. It was only then that she realized they were still holding hands. She stared at them for a moment, noticing the difference in colors of their skin and fur. She admired his soft pink against her pale white. 'Pretty,' she thought, though she hadn't realized that she had spoken the word aloud very softly.

Spelldancer

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff