Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:09 pm
User Image

Taz had spent the day reorganizing his home in preparation for winter. Since the festival it had dawned on him that all the people he had met so far were well organized and while he had got by on sheer luck, he knew that luck would only get him so far and getting by on his happy go lucky outlook on life would eventually prove a naïve notion. He collected a jar off of the side and looked out of the window of his home which accessed a beautiful view of the open plain and then in the short distance, the rust colored expanse of the forest in all its fiery autumn glory.

The winds had grown much cooler in the days that followed and he was now extremely thankful for having bought a thicker set of attire to set out with. He slipped on the coat he had purchased from a tailors stall, paired with matching mitts and a scarf and then set out the door, hugging the hefty jar close. Even garnished with all the new weather appropriate garments the chill somehow still managed to weave through the fibers. He shuddered gently and snuggled his way through the dense wood until the sound of a stream caused his ears to twitch just slightly.

Just what he was looking for. He wandered in the direction of the trickle of the nearby stream and loosened the lid on the jar he was carrying in preparation to collect a fresh portion of drinking water.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:45 pm
User Image

She was glad to be rid of the oppressive heat of summer and to be enjoying a lovely autumn day. There was a lot to do to prep for winter and she wasted no time these days in canning food, drying meat, and weather-proofing the cottage to be sure she stayed comfortable through the winter. She'd bought some new furs for her bed from a hunter and she was looking forward to snuggling up under them. She also looked forward to wearing in her new deer-leather jacket. IT was fur-lined and warm but still very stiff. It would soften with age and she could tell it was already a favorite of hers. She thought she looked quite fetching in it and kept stealing glances of herself in any reflective surface she can find.

She was feeling good and enjoying the cooler weather and wandered into a new area she hadn't explored before. She had been picking berries all day and collecting other things she's come across here and there. There was an abundance this year that was exciting! She couldn't wait to make jams. But something else caught her eye as she moved towards the sound of running water. Mushrooms! Chanterelle by her first glance. As she moved towards them she paused to listen. Was that hoofbeats? She glanced around looking for the source and saw another centaur approaching from the other side of a small stream. She thought about it for a moment before approaching the stream too. Might as well be polite. "Well met!"

Fatal Irony
Crew

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:42 am
Taz was startled by the appearance of the other, having only noticed she was there when she spoke up. The jar and lid in his hands wobbled and he frantically waved his arms around to centre them both together, sighing in relief when it hadn't slipped through his fingers and shattered on the earth. He held the jar and lid together tightly, a lingering fear of losing the only attempt he had truly made at prepping for the colder months, even if it wasn't very much or inherently useful, but, it was a start!

His eyes lifted to take in the image of the bundled up centaur across the stream from him. Relaxing he shifted the jar so it rested between his body and right arm and then lifted his left to wave over at her. "Hey there! You gave me a fright." He laughed gently though it hadn't been her fault, he should have been paying more attention to his surroundings than solely on container and it's function.

"What brings you out here?" He asked curiously, approaching the edge of the water.

Fatal Irony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:54 pm

She winced as she say the effect her sudden appearance had on the other taur but followed it up with a smile. "Sorry about that! I thought you maybe heard me. I'm just out gathering things for winter. Are you prepping as well?" She motioned towards his jar. She stepped right into the river to let the water rinse away the dirt on her hooves. It had been a long day of gathering and the break was nice and the water had yet to become cold so it felt nice against her legs. "I saw some lovely mushrooms growing just up there,"" she motioned behind her where she had come from, "If you'd like to share!" She kicked her legs around in the water slowly to encourage the water to clean them. It only came up to her knees but she still held her many bags and things up in case they may get wet. She took in the taur before her and wondered if he lived around here. She hadn't ventured this far from her cottage before.

Candle Wick Ghost

Fatal Irony
Crew

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:27 am
"No, I hadn't heard you." He laughed and continued to say "I was... In a world of my own." He shrugged gently in his admittance and watched as the other Taur splashed around in the water to get clean. He shivered just thinking about being in the cool water though it really did look like she was having a lot of fun. "I am... Giving it a try?" He replied in response to her question about prepping for winter. His eyes widened at the mention of mushrooms being nearby, which was much more enticing to store than a container of water. "Really?" The enthusiasm carried in his voice, followed by a grin. "Sure!" He walked closer, making a face as he trudged through the splashing water and on to her side of the stream. "That's awfully nice of you, thanks."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:03 pm

Ah, a dreamer, she thought as she looked at him. His enthusiasm was contagious and a wide grin spread across her face as he joined her on the other side of the river. "They're over here!" She called and raced off in the direction she had pointed. She looked behind her to see if he was following before laughing and coming to a stop. It hadn't been a far jog. When he was with her she grinned and bent down to show him the mushrooms and explained how to find them to him so that he could find some on his own as well. She showed how best to collect them and gave him some suggestions on how to cook and store them, since he seemed a little clueless on winter storage prep. She didn't mind teaching him. She picked up so many talents in her travels because she liked to gather things and when she sold the things she found often others would tell her stories on how to prepare or use what she found. She knew not everyone lived as she did, so she didn't judge.

"We can make a small cookfire here and have some lunch. I have some other things with me, plus the mushrooms we just gathered will do nicely. Are you hungry?"

Candle Wick Ghost

Fatal Irony
Crew

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:14 pm
Taz was extremely surprised by her enthusiasm but not disappointed by it, he was enthralled by everything she had to say and had a look if concentration on his face at every aspect of the teachings she shared on the matter of winter preparations. He had been so focused on what she was telling him and the time they had spent together that he felt rather exhausted but also helpless. There must be a way he could return her kindness and her help. He sat by the fire but couldn't help staring at her, despite her independence and knowledge she was beautiful to look upon. "Ugh... Sure!" He agreed, realising he had been staring. "Anything I can do to help?" He asked with a smile.  
[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games