Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:40 am
User Image

Oracle stood staring at the mass of pumpkins that were now all theirs. Somehow, they had been too cocky and lost a bet among the other fortune tellers or aspiring teller group of of who could 'predict' the loser of 'The Most Customers Foretold' challenge and wound up with the least amount of customer's futures read accurately.

Now not to div e into all the inner workings of said craft, Oracle had thought themselves pretty exceptional at being able to figure out one's immediate 'future' by how they acted..... turns out that somehow, they overestimated Yxian. That crafty she devil had to have cheated, Oracle was sure of it. But that didn't exactly help them right now. Instead.....they now had a mass of pumpkins on their hands that he had to decorate his stand with.

Bah they were so gaudy. The only saving grace was they could carve them and set candles inside. Still.... "How am I ever to carry all these..." they sighed, probably somewhat over dramatically. Where was a lovely strong draft to help when you needed one?

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:42 pm
Slowly, far too slowly, Shadowstar started to regain her strength. Between Aelius' aid and her own stubbornness, the centaur was getting her feet under herself. Any debate over how much her stubbornness helped or hindered would have be made with her new friend. For her part, she was leaning in heavily to the stubbornness.

On this day, Shadowstar had clay filled wrappings from the pastern to the knee. While it helped keep the joints cool, her goal was the extra weight. Each step down the road came with effort and no small amount of determination. At least the steps were steady. Well except for her back left leg, no matter how much effort she put there was still a small skip inductive of temporary lameness. Lame!

She noted a the field full of pumpkins and a very celestial looking centaur near by. Those coat patterns weren't common in her former band, she couldn't help but stare at the other to be sure her eyes weren't deceiving her. Nope, that looked real.

As not to be rude, she waved at the other and kept moving intent of continuing her march to who know where.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 am
Oracle had been so caught up in their current contemplation that they almost missed the wave from the other. And a very curious other at that. While Oracle wasn't so much so a stranger to different coats and patterns, they had not quite yet seen a centaur with the kind of tail this particular one did.

Also.... they looked strong.

A hidden smile curled over the belted mask/shawl they wore as they gave a soft flick of their hair, raised a hand in a wave back, and cantered forward gently, but at a pit of a foal like prance. "Well hello there! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before. Say, perchance you may spare a few words?" they beamed, though it went unseen, hopefully the other could catch a bit of the expression in their uncovered eyes at least.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:52 pm
Intent on continuing her training, Shadowstar continued on. The sounds of the distinct hoof movements towards her set off the huntress in her veins. With a full pause now, she shifted her front half to face him with a low rearing motion. Keyed in now with the stranger she momentarily forgot her hoof wraps.

Landing a with a hard 'thud' reminded her.

He didn't seem a threat. That decision eased the tension in her muscles and stilled the end of her tail. Still alert, she was able to give a less tense expression.

She'd never met him before, or anyone that looked like him. "We've never met. I am Shadowstar." She greeted him with words and a small gesture. Her right hand touched her left shoulder and she lowered her shoulders slightly with a slow blinking motion before straighten back up.

Fea Line

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:31 pm
Was this a mistake?

Oracle watched the legs rear and heard the thud and the rather hard impact on the ground and for a moment thought this was how they were going to die. Good bye world. Not even they had predicted their end like this.

And then the centauress spoke and bowed and Oracle found themselves momentarily deer in headlights.

"Ah.....ah....!" Shadowstar? that was a strange name. Then again... "Oracle Blackstar Nebula. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." they spoke, their own name not exactly common either. Sometimes even shifting depending on how they felt that particular day. "Just Oracle is fine today however." they said and offered his own sort of bow, less torso more horse body as their front legs bent, giving the illusion of them physically kneeling on the ground for a few seconds before rising again, slight dip in their head.

Gesturing now with their gaze towards the leg wraps, Oracle inquired. "Are you...are those weighted?" their blinked, curious and yet fascinated at the same time.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:58 pm
Getting used to some of the strange names now that she was outside the enclave of her former band, the name Oracle didn't phase her. Blackstar? Oh that caught her attention. "You are a leader? What is your band's name?" Did she wonder into his band's territory?

A small war waged in her mind. The angel on one shoulder told her the old 'rules' didn't apply anymore. The demon on the other side said she broke a major rule invading another band's territory even on accident.

Before panic and anxiety could get the better of her, he redirected her. A band war with just herself would be a short one and the planning started going as he put a new question.

"Huh?" Oh. Looking down, she lifted her front left hoof before placing it back down heavily, "Yes, I am using them to help train my strength and stamina." Was it working? That she couldn't tell.

Fea Line
Communication error; translation error XD

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:16 pm
Leader?!?

Oracle was confused and if they hadn't been wearing some sort of hood that also masked their mouth Shadowstar would have been able to see it clear as day. Honestly, what on earth gave her that idea, were they that compelling? Did they look like a leader? They'd argue they could but he imagined leaders needed more....hmm.... umph to their build.

Then somehow they began to wander. Was it the Blackstar part? It was similar to Shadowstar.... sort of. "My band name?" they blinked again before chuckling. "Oh I'm afraid it is just myself and I. Unless you count the fellow tellers in these parts I have no band." they mused, though they didn't necessarily dismiss the part about being a leader, not yet. Maybe they could use this .... er... for bargaining.

"You must be terribly strong then." they gestured towards the weights if that was her story. "Lifting something like pumpkins would be a paltry task for someone as strong as you I'd wager." they grinned beneath the hood, hoping it would spark a challenge?

EvilSilverDragon
xD he's like ...nani the what now?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:06 am
Fully having a completely different conversation, Shadowstar slumped her shoulders. "You lost your band, too?" A leader without a band, surely they had the same misfortune she had. It felt like yesterday, and yet a life time away. The pain of healing told her it wasn't that long ago.

Just what caused the Earth to destroy so many of its children? Did the Sky Blanket really need that many new stars?

Briefly she wondered what a teller was. Of all the band positions, that wasn't one she knew. Could his have different names? Maybe a teller was a Medicine Centaur?

Asking seemed too painful to bring up. Instead she looked to the pumpkins as he mentioned them. "I am training to get stronger. I have a battle to fight. Would the pumpkins help?" Training was training. If he knew what he was talking about, it would be well worth a try.

Fea Line
*adapting Warrior Cats to Centaurs for one rp of trivial lore go!*

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:31 am
Lost....their band??

Oracle was now super confused by this centauress. Wherever she came from, not only did she have peculiar looks but a peculiar way of life. They were almost curious about what spending a day in her hooves looked like except for the fact that they'd miss their obviously handsome space looks. Not to mention wearing bands on their ankles just seemed more inconvenient than helpful.

As for the pumpkins though. Could they weave this to trick her?

Maybe?

"Ah, well that's the question isn't it." they raised a finger to the sky before turning back towards the pumpkins. "See, in the spirit of fall, the other tellers and I made a wager.... of sorts...." they said then stopped, the details weren't really that important, at least not where she was concerned. "Whoever can bring the most praise to the good spirit of fall wins Fall's Blessing!" they made up quickly, feeling quite clever at that. "The only issue is I seemed to have bitten off more than I can chew in carrying these.... Clearly you out power me ten to one. Why not up your training more and show me just how to properly move these pumpkins......hm?" they grinned beneath the hood again, tapping the ends of their finger tips together in a wave motion.

EvilSilverDragon
lmao ilove it i can't wait for potatotaur!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:31 pm
The mention of spirits started her pawing at the ground. The tip of her tail twitch started to kick up behind her. The blessings of Fall go inline with the Water and Earth?

Raising a hand to place on her chin, Shadowstar took a few moments to ponder. With a 'hmm', she wondered if said Blessings would help her get to where she wanted to go?

"I suppose I could help with a few to get you started."
Surely if it was useful she could continue. All the same, where was he going to put those pumpkins?

Fea Line
Shadowstar misses her potatotuar, spudlove of the glen

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:37 pm
Ah it was all coming together!

Oracle clapped their hands excitedly and turned back around towards the near patch of pumpkins they had to move. Suppose it was kind enough one of the other tellers left a pull cart? Not that they could pull it by any means. Let alone filled with pumpkins.

"Now, the goal is to get these from here to there." they said and pointed over yonder towards a rich purple and gold tent with various patterns of stars, moons and orbs on it just a ways off. "Thing is, I've tried..." they said and held up an arm to show.... well not much muscle before pointing to a loan lopsided pumpkin out front of the tent that may have been dropped a few times.

Poor sad lumpy pumpkin.
EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:04 pm
"Do you know much about the Spirits?" Maybe they could offer some insights while they worked together.

Making her way towards the pull cart, she left heavy hoof prints into the ground. Some farmer was going to be very cross with the Fortune tellers by the time she was done.

With the cart in hand, she looked towards the pumpkins again. From her height, this was going to be a bit of a challenge on the back to pick up each one.

Good thing she wasn't here alone?

Fea Line
#12, 3 more to go

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:12 am
Man was this centauress really that out of reality? What kind of band did she live in that had such wildly different ways than most of the common folk around here?

Either way, at least she had not pressed them being a leader further and they could just gently go along with the farce for now. The spirit question was an easy one however. "I know a decent amount. Spirits aren't uncommon around here, from the lesser ones that help out to the higher ones we seek guidance from." they mentioned simply, watching her eye up the cart before taking it then pausing.

"Um....do you need any assistance? Just tell me how to help."

EvilSilverDragon
ra ra ra /pompoms!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:31 pm
Maybe it was good thing she ran into Shadowstar. While she scoffed at the notion at seeking guidance, it was an unfair reaction. Her own band often looked to spirits for guidance. They had been reliable in the past. "Is it possible for a spirit to get hurt?" Flat out asking if she could kill one, or two, probably wouldn't go over. Any guidance on the matter wouldn't go amiss.

How kind of him to offer to help. Pawing at the closet pumpkin to dislodge it, her show of dexterity allowed her to break the stem without crushing the vegetable. "Certainly, I can break them free, just toss them in the cart." Easy day, she'll do the heavy work.

Fea Line
Just a reply from you and we'll be at 15!

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:34 am
Oracle tilted their head at this thought. Why would someone ask that? While it was perhaps true for the lesser spirits, they were fairly certain no one could harm an actual Spirit... besides maybe another even powerful Spirit. "Smaller ones, sure. But trying to go hoof to hoof with a Spirit Spirit.... well I think you'd be struck flat where you stand." they said honestly as they watched Shadowstar dislodge the pumpkins easily without managing to break them.

Nodding at what was requested of them, Oracle went about picking up pumpkins and loading them into the cart one by one. It took a while, since their arms were more made for sleight of hand trickery but eventually near all the pumpkins were loaded in the cart.

They hadn't ever thought about asking when Shadowstar needed them to stop..... "You going to be ok with this load?" They pondered. Hey, if it could be a one and done thing.... well they certainly weren't complaining!

EvilSilverDragon
Awwyis look at us go! I'm k if you wanted a wrap up or a couple more short posts? :3

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff