Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:45 pm
User Image

The air was thick with excitement and the heaviest.
Creatures form many valleys had come for this wonderful event. And even though it had been well into the middle of this event the festivals never lost it's viger. Laughter and singing could be heard for miles. The smell of sweet corn and cider hugged ever corner of the event. It was a joyful event but that was not what had brought Kanza here. Having arrived later then he had planned it had taken him a day just to find a place for him to set up his booth. Not that he looked at his set up he was quite proud of everything. The hand crafted bows all set just right biggest to smallest with different wood types and carvings for decoration. Each bow also had their matching set of arrows. The arrows points shared as could be and the tails with only the finest of feathers. Ya he was proud of his craft and hoped to bring in lots of goods that would help him be read for the cold weather to come.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:53 pm
User Image

Breaking her fast on a brisk Autumn morning, Kass was preparing for the day's chores then her orders that must be completed. The dawn was just beginning to break over the treetops and it looked lovely. Sighing deeply she enjoyed the fresh air heavily scented with cinnamon. "Cinnamon" she said out loud. Looking around she saw her neighbor running out of the doorway of her house chasing her little one who had something in his hand. The boy was laughing and shaking the bag causing a plume of dust to rise up and yes there it was cinnamon!

Kass decided to try to help but just as she was getting ready to move her neighbor reached her little one and gently but sternly led him back to their home by his arm while speaking to him in a soft but firm tone. He looked unhappy, his game was over already and looked about for support. Finding her he looked at her and she shook her head and got comfortable again to finish her food. She needed the sustenance to tackle the day's list of chores and orders.

Within a few minutes she was finished eating and set about to clean her small table and clean the dishes before heading to her work area. Washing her hands in a cold bucket of water she dried her hands and headed to her forge. She decided that she needed to go to the festival to find her list of supplies she needed in order to complete her orders. One customer in particular was becoming impatient on his order and she had yet to acquire what she needed. Hoping at least one vendor at the festival would have what she needed she headed off in that direction. Walking leisurely she made good time as he rmind wandered about what she would find, the delicious food and drink, trinkets and of course her favorite the weapons! She could hardly contain her glee as she thought of handling those.

W/C: 333  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:24 pm
Kanza watched the morning crowded gather about going form on booth to the next. He was not much of a sales centuar so he simply noded to those that stopped by and offered help to question they might have if needed. Mostly he sat and worked on more arrows. One could never have to many arrows. His first day he had watched passer byers but that got boring by day two so he though arrow making was a good way to keep busy and also draw others in. Day two he has sold a small colts bow to a young one hoping to be a hunter someday. It made Kanza smile at the thought of the colt learning how to hunt and he gave the colt two arrows for free with the hope that some day this colt would be a returning customer.

Kanza sat and shaved the arrow he worked on to a perfect balanced form both ends. It was important to start balanced and then add just the right point to feather ratio to keep the arrow balanced, straight and true. It was a long process but one Kanza found soothing and rewarding. Lost in thought and crafting he didn't even notice those that might be entering his booth though if and had touched the bows he would have snapped out of his concentration but none did. No mostly others just watched him. He was not sure why they watched but some one had once told him that when he worked it was like hearing the most beautiful song sung by the spirits themselves. Kanza was not sure he believed that but other sure did watch him a lot. (282/464)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:14 pm
Kass made her way to the festival and looked around. Of course, it was set up like last year with the food/drink booths scattered throughout the entire festival grounds. Those selling clothes/clothes, jewelry and the like are on one side while the other side held those selling wares such as weapons, ore, metal and the like. This is where she was headed. Her list was a large one and she knew she was in for some haggling like always, some of these vendors wanted to high a price for their wares due to them traveling so far.

One in particular she was dreading to talk to but he had the finest wood and shafts she could find. One of her customers wanted her to make him a dozen arrows heads and find the shafts but they had to be of a fine quality wood, or he would not purchase. As she walked, she took in the sights and smells of the festival, all the colors swirling around in the wind, the younglings running around laughing and playing and of course she saw all those who attended.

Lounging a bit she realized she needed to get a move on to reach the vendors she needed to see and get back home before it grew to late, and she lost a day of work.

She looked around and found the one vendor she wanted to avoid but was determined to deal with him first and get it over with as she moved in his direction, she saw him smile in a very unsettling way. She took a misstep, and he grinned even bigger. She felt disgusted but she needed the items he had. Turning her head, she saw something unexpected. A male taur sitting down and shaving what appeared to be a shaft or possibly a arrow made fully out of wood! She was very intrigued and walked towards where he sat.

Watching him work she stood there quietly enjoying the sight of his hand working and the soothing scent of the wood being shorn. She took a deep breath and said, "Excuse me sir do you have a moment?" as she waited for him to reply she looked over his wares he had out for sale.

W/C: 375  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 am
Kanza slowly looked up to the voice that had call for his attention. His hands continued to work the wood out habit more then anything but ones his eye fully took in the centuar before him they stilling. *Wow* he thought has he took in the beauty. Sure he has seem other beautiful centaurs but this one smelled of the woods like a blue spruce in winter just after a snowfall. Realizing he was stairing and had not replied to her. Clearing his throat he said. "Humm yes, sorry, what can I help you with?" he knew he sounded like a bumbling foal but he had been caught off guard which was a rare thing for him. Setting his project aside for the time being, he moved to a standing position ready to help in any what he could. "Are you looking for a bow and arrow today cause I have many?" Kanza groaned at his own question and wanted to facepalm himself. Of course she was here for a bow and arrows why else would she be asking for his help. A soft blush begain to form on his checks but he pushed the feeling down with the hope that he would not embarrass himself more. (209/673)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:46 pm
Kass watched as the male seemed to be caught off guard by her voice. She took a step back out of habit since most males seemed to find her somewhat annoying.

His voice was soothing and had a light cadence to it. It soothed her ears and she felt at ease instantly. Taking a few steps closer, she was about to ask if he had any the specific wood she was looking for.

Looking up at his face, she noticed he was tall, and quite handsome, shaking her head she was there for business not trying to find someone to sneak off at the festival! Her thoughts were of a youngling and she disliked it. She had her work and that was all she needed but this male there was something about him that just soothed her soul. Wanting to put some space between them, she stepped to the side to look at the beautifully crafted bows that were proudly displayed. One in particular caught her attention.

Just then he asked her a question and she looked back over to him. Her eyes briefly taken off the bow that caught her attention. It's wood gleamed in a honey color, it was carved intricately and it had a sheen on it that the sun glinted off of it. She instinctively reached for it but snatched her hand back so quickly she hit another bow that was near the one she was admiring. Of course like a youngling's game the bows began to tilt over as she stared in absolute horror.

She gasped and reached out to stop the bows from falling over, and she lost her balance and went down with the bows. She was so embarassed. Her cheeks felt hot and the tears burned behind her eyes. She dreaded what this male would say to her. Bad enough she had to do this in front of a male she did not know but of course the vendor she detested with every fiber of her being was privy to this escapade. That shamed her more than anything else.

W/C: 347  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:01 pm
Kanza watched the female with interest and wonder. She was quite but he could see her mind working. It was like she took her time before answering or asking or whatever she was going to do. It was a marvel to him, she was patient and thoughtful, both good qualities for a wood worker though he had no idea what she did but he had a habit of assessing others on weather they would be good with woodwork or not.

He watched as her eyes landed on the honey wood bow. He had spent a lot of time on that particular bow. Not for any specific reason but that the wood had called to his hands to take extra care in crafting it. He smiled as he watched her until she snatched her hand away, he worried that maybe the bow had a fault he had not noticed . Before that thought could be voiced he watched in horror as the female crashed to the ground. The bow she knocked over didn't even cross his mind as he came to her aid. "Oh my gosh are you ok." He bent down to help in any way he could looking her over making sure she was not hurt while waiting for her reply. (212/885)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:25 pm
Trying not to let the tears that burned her eyes fall she tried to focus on the gigantic mess she had made. Muttering to herself, "If these are damaged how will I pay?" as she put her hands down to get herself upright.

Just then she heard his soothing voice and felt him next to her. She looked up from where she lay sprawled very indignantly on the ground and saw him very close to her.

She found her voice and cleared her throat and said, "I am sorry I did not mean to cause this" she gestured all around her. "I was curious as to the bow since it is the one wood that I have been hunting for" "with that she found her footing and stood up straight. She thought she had her footing and realized to late she did not and she started to tilt forward towards where the male was. She twisted to stop the momentum but it was no good she was falling again this time at this male's feet.

W/C: 175
Total: 1230  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:18 am
Kanza shook his head with a smile. "Do not worry about the things, they can be picked up. I just care that you are ok?" He was a little worried that she might have hurt her hoof and his bows and arrows were the farthest thing form his mind.

Seeing that she was ok he helped her up and then begain picking up the bows and arrows. He would need to clean and inspect them again before laying them out for sell. Not that he minded at all but he was not one to sell damaged product.

He listened to her as she talked and smiled at her inquiry. He likes a centuar that could tell different woods apart and the wood she was interested in was a nice flexible but strong wood. He wondered what she might be wanting it for. As he truned to answer her question he saw her falling forward and towards him. On pure instinct he quickly grabbed her up and righted her bring them head to head, chest to chest. His eye locked to hers and he could not find his words in the moment. He found himself getting lost in her eyes and his breathing quickened. He was not sure what this was but he also could not pull away though he did not want to anyway. (224/1109)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm
Startled at the feel of falling forward then suddenly being pulled upright was jarring to say the least. Her eyes adjusted quickly and was stunned to see she literally was staring into the male's eyes and felt his chest on hers.

Not knowing what to do she stood still for a few moments trying to collect her thoughts and get her bearings. She came her to barter or purchase the necessary goods to finish her orders not become some besotted female over a male. She usually laughs at the females who get all goofy over a male. The entertainment it brings is endless, now suddenly she felt like one of those besotted females. Sighing to herself, she knew she had to get out of this but how? He was just so good looking she could stare at him all day and not get bored.

"How can I be doing this?" She thought to herself. "I am not some young female who has a crush this is business and you should never mix business with pleasure!" she screamed to herself.

FInding her voice, she said "Thank you for helping me from falling" "I am not usually this clumsy I have no idea what is wrong with me" she said in a softer voice. Suddenly she screeched in her mind, "You're acting like a besotted imbecile! STOP IT!" Shaking her head, she stepped back but forgot his arms were still steadying her and she was pulled forward again. Without thinking she said out loud "I have a feeling he would craft me with all the precision and dedication like with his bows and arrows. The enjoyment of that would be immense"

Suddenly she heard a snort and looked around and that male that she initially came to see was laughing at her and she thought him say craft and her body went ramrod straight. She realized she said the last few things out loud loud enough for this horrible male to hear so if he could that meant so could the one who is literally holding on to her.

Her cheeks turned pink and felt hot. She looked down instead of up and tried to for words to ask to be let go so she can go but no words formed. Her throat was dry.

W/C: 383
Total: 1613  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:32 pm
Kanza could see there was a war going on in the females mind. Be this close had his mind in it own war. All his life every time he got close to someone they ended up dying. So a long long time ago he locked all that emotion away. He dedicated himself to his craft and that was all. Sure it was a lonely life but that was safe for others...and him.

Now the long locked down emotions stirred within him. Why now? He wondered What is it about this female? Sure she is beautiful and captivating and smelled wonderful but that couldn't be it right? Or was it? His heart raced with the idea of calling someone his own. The thought of sharing a family and life burned painfully in his chest but he kept it at bay not wanting to let that need run away with him.

When she spoke he looked at her in shock and blushed. *Holy cow she just said that out loud.* Her words stored a new emotion in him that he had not expected. Pulling her even closer to him he whisper for only her to hear. "Yes I could and I would." His eyes should promise and need for her in away he had never showed anyone before. All walls that might have been there were gone for her for some reason. Maybe because she was so open and vulnerable in her clumsiness or maybe fate had plans for them beyond his knowledge. Whatever the case he didn't want to let her go.

Sadly the moment was interrupted by a vendor he did not much like. The guy was a cheat and took no pride in the work he put out. Had Kanza showed up earlier he would set his vendor much farther for this snake but it had been the only place open. Luck for Kanza he had somewhat of a scary reputation. Seeing the pink in the females checks angered him. Not looking away from the female he spoke to the snake of a centaur. "I think it best you turn your gaze form my vendor before someone turns their gaze towards yours and the real type of business you are running." Slowly Kanza turned his gaze to the male who looked both shocked and scared by Kanza words.

Most centaurs had not heard him speak much of anything which probably added to shocked looks anyone one with in ear shoot had on their faces. Since Kanza was so quite he had a lot of free time to watch and listen and the things he knew about any given centaur was pretty vast. But the things he knew about this male vendor would have the male hung by even the males most trusted of goons. With that the male trotted off as fast he could not even looking back to them. (481/1590)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:53 pm
Slowing her breathing down and concentrating on slowing her heart beat down her mind was going over everything that has transpired within the quarter of a hour she has been at this vendor's stall.

Her original intentions were to come her to get the necessary goods she needed to finish up her orders for her most important client as well as finishing the weapons she was commissioned to make for the festival games that would be happening in a week's time.

Now she was standing still with a male Taur's arms about her wishing he would never let go. "Wait! Did I just think that?" She was astounded at what she just revealed to herself. "I am not myself mayhap I am getting sick" she mumbled softly under her breath.

Now, as she tried to find a way to extract herself from this warm embrace tactfully as not to offend this strong, handsome male she needs to do so and quickly.

Her mind started to race trying to come up with a way to do this when suddenly she felt his body stiffen and then he spoke in a tone that was not for the faint of heart. There seemed to be a hidden meaning with that tone as if a warning or more than one thing.

A silence followed for a few moments, then she heard the trotting of hooves hitting the hard ground and to her ears it was quite loud.

Turning her head slightly, she saw the one male vendor she absolutely abhorred running away as if frightened.

A smile spread over her lips as she savored the fact that male had run when faced with another male who would not back down from him. To her the other vendor the one she called "It" was nothing but a nuisance but a necessary one. He had provided her with goods she needed to fulfill orders, but it came at a price, one she always found a way not to pay.

Turning her head back towards the male who was still holding onto her she looked up at his face. She seemed to be watching the other male leave as if to make sure he would not be returning.

Watching his face, she became fascinated at the way it seemed expressive. As if his face was a open book she could read, and it drew her in.

W/C: 399
Total: 2012  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:06 am
Kanza face slowly turned back to the female centaur. His heart longed to get lost in her again but he saw a stuff or war in her that said she was not ready. Hell he was not sure ehe was ready. *Dumb she is perfect. And your ready.* His inner self said with a roll of his eyes.

He heard her excuse of maybe being sick and he wondered if maybe he should let her go. Without think he squeezed her not liking the idea at all. But then the realization kicked in that he had no right and he slowly and reluctantly let her go and stepped back. *Ha she felt fine to me.* He inner voice frowned.

"If you need a place to stay tell you are well I believe there is a near by inn." The worry for her well being was hung in his voice. He would have offered for her to stay in his camp but he didn't want to over step...any more then he had already. His eyes locked onto hers again and he could fell him heart and body being pulled to her again even though he had not moved. *I want you.* His body screamed but he did not want to scare her away.

Shacking his mind mentally he cleared his voice. "Humm so wood. I have more of this golden wood. How much are you looking for?? Oh and how big of pieces? I tend to work with smaller stuff but I do have a few large pieces still." He was rambling. In fact he had say more in this moment then in most of his life. It was a strange feeling to ramble but his nerve were in places he had never experienced at the moment so ramble he did. (300/1890)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:53 pm
Elated at the fact "it" decided to run away instead of facing a male who did seem to mince words or the fact his dislike for him was apparent she sighed.

Her mind wandering about the repercussions that may occur later on from this exchange she felt a quick squeeze then his arms fell away from her leaving her feeling bereft and cold.

He spoke in a voice as not to upset her and asked if she had somewhere to stay? Confused she just stared at him. His words made no sense at all then he went on to discussing his goods he had for sale, asking her questions.

Something felt off all of a sudden as if he flipped a switch and became someone else. She felt very unsure at that moment, not even a minute ago she was enjoying being wrapped up in his arms and now she wasn't.

Tilting her head to the side she just watched as he avoided looking at her but to her his body language made it seem like he was fighting something. She did not quite understand what was going on.

A young male taur was flirting with a female just across the way from them, she was being shy and coy. The male was laughing and acting silly. They seemed to like each other, and the male dipped at the waist and began to waltz or attempt to waltz with her. Their body language was eerily similar to what she had seen with him, now she was wondering if she did the same.

It suddenly hit her this male liked her! She felt giddy as a youngling. It was empowering to know a strong male taur can be caught off guard like this and try not to react.

Smiling she watched as he continued to discuss his goods as if she was just a customer and not a female, he seemed to be interested in.

She was never in the position before she usually avoided males for the most part. There of course were exceptions but nothing to personal after Lyorate. He crushed her without a single care in the word and after that she decided no more males.

She adored his rambling it to her was sweet. He seemed to have a need to say things and keep his distance now she fully understood she wanted to mess just a bit with him.

She looked up at him and said "I am not sick, not in the physical sense anyway. I was sick of that male; he was so abhorrent." she reached down for some of that gorgeous golden wood.

"I need several pieces as I am making arrows for a client who is extremely picky in his items, and I am behind in my schedule with his commission. He wants it the day before the games begin which is less than a week" she said as she stepped closer to him. She rubbed her shoulder against him on purpose and giggled under her breath. "I am interested in all the golden wood you have"

Awaiting his reply she watched out of the corner of her eye.

W/C: 516
Total: 2528  

irishgirl1017

Spooky Delight

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:22 pm
Kanza watched her as she spoke of a profound hatred of the centuar that had stuck his nose into their business. Wait why they did not have business.*Not yet.* His inner voice grinned a knowing grin. Pushing the image away he focused on the females words. Nodding in agreement he "Ya I am not a fan of that centuar either but like most pests he is hard to get gride of."

Kanza in his youth had made the mistake of trying to notify the centuars that ran the fair but sadly they were uninterested is what a young outsider of an orphan had to say about a member of the herd. Kanza had been beaten later for "being a rat" they called him. But Kanza had grown strong and very very skilled with a bow which made all the centuars respect him and fear him. That and they seemed to know he knew more then he should so everyone just knew better then to pick a fight with him.

Returning to the present Kanza blushes a bright red at her words. *Is she flirting?* *Duh* He wallowed hard and nodded again. "That is perfect then I have the sizes you will need since I do that same with the wood. Right now I have 10 pecice at 30ins and 5 pecice at 38ins. They are untouched other then being cut to length." He looked at how close she was again and his heart raced with ideas and needs he didn't know and had never acted on. Clearing his throat.(259/2149)  
[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff