Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 pm
Vaneälótë sighed deeply. The fresh autumn air felt good. She didn't often get away from the Flock into the wilds. It was times like this that, she regretted that. Her little mouse ran about picking this and that up to put into a herb basket they'd brought.

She had to admit though, she'd never have normally chosen a seer to go out in the wilds with her--well, okay, she would have never considered it except for what Asteria had said. She'd promised that she didn't know what, but that if they went a very lucrative journey would happen in twelve hours or less, give or take. Vaneälótë had no time to really think about it, Asteria had promptly told her the window of opportunity was "now or never." Far be it for Vaneälótë to look a gift seer in the mouth. Asteria seemed to be good at her craft and if she said that something lucrative was going to come about then that was all Vaneälótë needed to here.

"D'ya know wha 't, this oportuni'ty is?" Vaneälótë tossed her braids back as she gazed around wondering what this adventure would bring.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:23 am
Tusks.

That was the first thing she saw in the smoked haze of her dreams. A promise of adventure, of profit and a gift. Asteria didn't often venture out of the flock lands, not unless her sight told her to - which was a rare occurrence. She had never been formally introduced to the harpy that now accompanied her - but she took the sign of tusks as reference to her. After pleasantries were exchanged, the other mare took little convincing to join - there was the promise of profit and gifts, after all. How they would come about, however, was a mystery to her - as many aspects of her visions were - and she felt a tinge of anxiousness coil in her belly, cold and slithering like a snake.

Vaneälótë's voice brought her back to the present and Asteria shook her head - a movement that would normally jingle with the sound of bells and trinkets but she had left them all behind, safe and secure. "Only the promise, not the what," she explained, continuing to step further into the woods. "I'm sure it will be great for the spirits to tell me of it."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:02 am
Vanealote laughed heartily. "Well I do love loot. Wha't made you ask me? Not tat I'm not 'onored, ya being ya and all.' But she didn't know Asteria, maybe she'd met her once? And she liked to cook and ---males, she liked her some males But she didn't see which, if either of those merrited and introduction and invite to go on a journey.

Unless there was to be a cook-off or a seduction? She didn't figure that likely though. After all, it appeared as if they were going into the midst of nowhere. "Did t'stars tell ya to chose me?" She genuinely wondered. Would be pretty fantastic to know that she'd been chosen by the stars, the fates, or whatever you like.

Vanealote made a tutting sound causing her mouse Sungrass to pay attention to her. "Tell me if ya see da chicory flowers from down there." The area was woodsy and earthy, populated with lots of trees and underbrush. It was ripe picking to find berries, quite literally.

"D'ya got ya self a warmer?" She went right into another topic, wondering if the other mare had found somenoe she preferred to warm her nest at night.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:13 pm
Asteria's steps were light but the floor of the woods was dense and crunched under her weight. Her wings fluttered, dust falling off them in a shimmer.
"The stars tell me many things and then sometimes nothing at all. This time they showed me tusks. You were the first sister I saw when I left for the journey and so I knew it had to be you."

A soft blush creeped along her features and she cleared her throat. In truth, she'd not found herself a stallion to keep her company. She had entertained her flock-sister's pleas to find one for her, but none could keep her interested long enough to pull her away from the stars.

The mare had no concerns - the stars told her she would find someone when it was time.

Her reply was a shake of her head. "Not yet. What about yourself?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:32 pm
Vanealote laughed heartily as she picked through some wood ears on a fallen, dessicating log. "Who's not been 'arming my nest?" Vanealote had an appetite for all good things--food, males, and mead. She could see the other mare reacting a little slyly.

"Ya should meet my brotha'." She couldn't help but giggle a little, "He'd help ya with that shyness real quick. There ain't no't'ing shy about him."

A sudden sound broke her train of thought and she turned to see where it came from. Something about it, raised the small hairs on her neck. Before she could even shout a warning a dark, greasy haired thing cames shooting and squealing out of the woods.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:19 am
The twinge of envy Asteria felt at Vanealote's confidence was short lived. She felt her skin prickle - warning of danger moments before the squeal came. She was quick to take to the skies, though her wings were not big enough to hold her for long and she'd not been able to master shrinking. It was enough to take her out of the path of the boar as it tore past them.

The harpy made note of its tusks - perfect and white like fresh fallen snow. She had to have them. The beast turned mid-movement and the mare couldn't help but marvel at its coordination. She was clammy - boars were relentless in their pursuit and one wrong move from even the fiercest of her sisters would be fatal.

Asteria was not fierce. She was not a warrior. She had done the basic training required of all flock mares as a child but that was it and she was certain it was
lost in that moment.

"Look out!" It came straight for them again and Asteria shoved her sister out of the way, barely avoiding the tusks aimed for her thighs.
"Can you fight? We won't outrun it."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 am
Vanealote crashed to the ground with Asteria, the wind knocked from her. It had been a close thing. The boar had almost skewered them! She could feel her anger rising, no boar was going to get the best of them. She was a chef--she did the skewering, not some trumped up pig.

Vanealote let out a feral snarl as she lunged for fallen branch, using her front knee to crack it in half. Crap! That hurt. Her brother always made it look so easy when he play fought for the mare's attentions. Then again, the stick was likely pre-broken or something. She couldn't think about that.

"My brotha' fights for da mare's pleasure," she heaved a sigh and she lunged out of the way again and tried to grasp the branch right in her claw. "I know da theory. And theory being that dis boar will mine a fine broth and a whole tub of lard." She let out a snarl, letting her own tusks flash in the sun.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:07 am
"It's more experience than I have I bet," she grunted as she skirted the boar again, claws lashing out as it darted past. They raked across its rump and it snarled at her, its gaze seeming to laser focus onto her.

Asteria wanted nothing more than to fly away - she did not fight. What were the stars thinking? Her gaze flicked to Vanealote for a brief second. No. She would not - could not - leave. She had to be brave.

"I'll try and distract it - you go in for the kill!" She yelled, stamping her feet.

"Here piggy piggy."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:25 am
Vanealote nodded. Her voice was genuine as she spoke, "Tanks for saving my life." She paused, "When he gets to close, fly or shrink. Just get out ta way so I an have a shot okay?"

She moved to the left of Asteria and got low as the other mare agree to be bait. Asteria was being brave, as brave as Vanealote faked being. Vanealote got low into a crouch, the jagged edge of her make-shift spear angled toward the threatening beast. This was life or death. Asteria could possibly flee, but even those odds were slim--she didn't seem a great flyer and the boar was faster than it looked.

Her heart was racing, thundering along so loudly she couldn't hear. Pushing it down, steadying her breathing Vanealoted crouched lower and took slow almost imperceptible breaths. When the boar lunged, she would drive her make-shift weapon into his flesh then do whatever was necessary to finish him off.

If they survived.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:55 am
Asteria was tense and the few seconds it took for the boar to close the distance between them felt like an eternity. She waited too long to launch herself into the air, catching the end of a tusk on her thigh as her wings frantically fluttered to bring her airborne and out of harms way.

The pain lasted but a moment before adrenaline took over. "Now!!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:08 am
Vanealote kept her body tensed as the boar rushed forward. When it was almost upon Asteria, she lunged thrusting her jagged makeshift spear toward the softer underbelly.

It's momentum and the pure rage and fear of their situation allowed her to pierce it's thick hide before sinking into meaty flesh. The weapon was thrust in so far that when it went down thrashing, it's tusks caught her across the face. Blood poured into her eye and she was blinded. The creature was squealing madly. Vanealote put all her weight behind the stick and slammed it further in.

For a moment longer the beast moved, then went stil as she was left panting on the ground with blood pouring freely into her eye. She's never been so scared or so exhilarated in her life. "Ya 'kay?" She called trying to push the blood out of the way so she could see.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:14 am
Asteria landed gently back on the ground, chest heaving as she tried to steady her breath. Her heart was racing and she still felt so alive. She knew her leg was going to hurt - probably scar - but for now she chose to not look at it.

She looked at the other mare and nodded. "Yeah. You?"

She stepped forward gingerly and nudged the boar with her foot, making sure it was dead.

"It's rare for us to have boar," she said, her breath slowly evening out. "You'll be able to charge a fortune for any meat. It's yours. I want its tusks, if you'd be so kind."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:36 am
Vanealote smiled a littel crazily at Asteria. "I've me own tusks. You're right though.This meat....I can get any't'hing I like for it." She pushed the blood from her face where it seeped into her eye. "We'll have to do this again sometime," she said only half joking Then she took a deep sigh, "Help me with this last problem and the tusks are yours."

She leaned heavily against the hairy boar which weighed more than she did. "Just 'ow are we getting this back?"  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 am
Asteria couldn't help but laugh at their predicament. Strong enough to take it down but not strong enough to take it back.

"Let's head back and arrange help. Shouldn't take long." She took a few steps forward and then looked over her shoulder. "No offence but I never want to do this again."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games