Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:58 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ansel sighed heavily, his nerves getting the best of him as he looked around him. The smells of chamomile and lavender were heavy in the air, warm steam wafting from clay tea pots set upon the wood countertop in front of him. He adjusted his glasses and straightened up the small cups for the thousandth time, hoping things would be perfect. Not just that, he hoped that he would make an impression to bring back repeat customers.

He stepped out from behind the counter and fluffed the pillows that lay on the ground, trying to keep busy while he awaited his very first customers.

Today would be a good day. Yes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 pm
User ImageThe cozy looking cafe was even more welcoming on the inside Freyr decided as he stepped in through the doorway, eyes wide with delight. The lighting was low and easy on the eyes, the gentle scents tempting, everything exuded a comfortable vibe that begged him to pull up some cushions for a get together with some friends or find a little nook tucked away to read or watch other centaurs. Well...if there were any others. It seemed he was the first one!

"Hey there," he said as he walked in, giving the only other centaur in the place a little smile and a wave. He seemed to be the one running the place since he was adjusting some of the cushions, keeping the place presentable. "Looks like a pretty nice spot you've got here. Are you open?"

That would be kind of awkward if he wasn't, but Freyr would deal with that depending on the other centaur's reply. He didn't seem too worried about the possibility of the cafe not being open, still smiling pleasantly.

Mewsings of An Angel

SilverLutz
+1 Luck for Freyr - from Cheri

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:09 pm
Ansel almost jumped from his skin when a voice filled the cafe. He turned, straightening his glasses before looking at the visitor. They were of a very pale coloration, which made them stand out against the deeper colors of the wood around them. "O-Oh! Hello! W-Welcome! Please excuse the mess. I'll be honest, still trying to get everything straightened up." He said, dropping the pillow in his hands back onto the larger cushions. "You have the honor of being my very first guest. Welcome to the Canter Up Cafe!" To say Ansel beamed was an understatement, he glowed in his excitement. "Please. Make yourself at home. Let me grab you a menu." He smiled, trotting back over to the cafe bar to grab one of the handwritten menus that lay in a neat pile.

He lightly picked up the leaflet, ready to serve his VERY FIRST GUEST! He was beaming.

Mewsings of an Angel
+1 Creativity for Ansel - from Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:47 pm
User Image Something sweet drifted on the air, grabbing the attention of the brightly colored young centaur. His mouth drooled just thinking about what that smell was. He noticed a pale taur as it stepped through the door of a small cafe. That must be where the delicious smells were coming from. Eager to find out what they had, he quickly made his way over, opened the door and almost stumbled into the other taur who had entered before. "Oops! Uh, sorry. Got in a hurry," he mumbled and scurried out of the way.

Moxxiie
+1 Constitution for Thaddeus - from Cheri

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cosmitrius was out for a casual stroll when his senses picked up a wonderfully delicious smell wafting from a nearby cafe. He tapped his chin lightly as he made his decision to stop in for a drink, to be honest, he was starting to feel a little parched and hungry and the wonderful smell that was wafting from the cafe was inviting and tempting. He shrugged and made his way into the restaurant humming a sweet song. His eyes looked around for a vacant table, once he had found one he made his way ove taking in the aesthetics of the cafe itself.

Melomar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:29 pm
A grin slid over Freyr's lips as the other centaur startled a bit. He must have been in his own little world fussing with the cushions. The greeting was a little choppy but it soon became apparent why the other 'taur was a bit nervous.

"Wow, really?" Freyr said, taking a few more steps in just in time to get bumped into as another centaur entered. The apology was quick and Freyr barely got out an 'it's all right' before the blue-toned 'taur scurried off. No sooner had that one departed than another entered, equally bright as the last. He was in less of a hurry and didn't bump into Freyr, but he gave him a little smile and a wave anyway.

"Lucky me," he added as he looked around for a table to claim as his own. He wouldn't mind chatting with the other patrons but since they'd both moved off to be on their own he figured he'd wait to see who else might come in.

"Looks like you've got guest two and three already," he added, finding a fairly large table to rest at. He settled down onto one of the large pillows, limbs folding up neatly under him as he glanced up at the owner, a smile on his face. Just from the aesthetic of the place he could tell it was going to be a popular spot.

"Excited to see what you have! From the smells alone I bet everything is great here." As he waited for the menu, Freyr glanced over his shoulder to try to make eye contact with either of the other two centaurs, hopeful that they'd change their mind and join him at the larger table if they wanted.

Mewsings of An Angel

Moxxiie

StarshineAngel01

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:57 pm
Thad looked around for somewhere to sit or a table to stand at. There were still plenty of spots open as there weren't many 'taurs in the cafe at the moment. He caught the eye of the fellow he had almost ran into on his way in and felt he should probably go over and apologize properly. He stepped up to the table where the pale 'taur was now seated on some cushions. He cleared his throat lightly, "Hi there. I wanted to come apologize for almost knocking you over before. I was a bit embarrassed at first but then I felt like I should come over and at least offer to buy you a tea or something." He extended his hand out towards the seated taur. "I'm Thad by the way. Thaddeus."

He then turned to the taur holding the menu and asked, "This is a great place you have here. Are you the owner?"

SilverLutz

Mewsings of an Angel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:04 pm
Ansel held in the slightest squeak of excitement and the rush of 'oh gods so many people' that his caused his heart to hammer a bit. He picked up a couple more menus and held them against his chest as he once again straightened his glasses on his nose. He quickly trotted back over to pale 'taur and set the menu in front of them. "I ah-ah... hmm... I also have water as well. I didn't list it. Oh I should have thought to add it but since I have tea, I think it would appear I have water? I mean, yes." He cleared his throat, clacking his back hoof as he tried to rein in his nerves. "Please look over the menu, a-and if you have questions, I'll be back in a moment." He said with a smile, and then nodded at the darker 'taur. "It is mine! The Canter Up Cafe. I'll be right back to serve you."

He then turned and went toward the red-orange haired 'taur "Welcome! Please look over the menu. I'll be happy to help." He said, holding out the parchment to the 'taur.

SilverLutz

Moxxiie

StarshineAngel01

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Cosmitrius blinked as a slightly flustered 'taur dropped by his table with the cafe's menu in hand. He nodded a polite thank you to the 'taur and picked it up to see what the cafe had to offer. There were some tasty tea flavours; he tilted his head as he saw lavender tea and mint tea on the menu. He hadn't drank much tea in his life time but they seemed like intriguing flavours.

He frowned a little as he watched the 'taur moved about to make sure him and the other patrons had menus. Not that it was super busy but it seemed like he needed a hand or two to make sure they got their orders in timely manner, he would have to inquire if he was hiring. If so, he might offer to help him.

His dual-colored eyes shifted to the the 'taur at one of the big tables before he nodded a polite hello and offered a small wave back before his eyes shifted back to the menu in hand, he tapped his chin lightly trying to decide what he wanted, he could get a nice refreshing drink and a pastry of some sorts just to hold him order for the time being.

Mewsings of an Angel

Silver Lutz

StarshineAngel01
+1 Spirit for Cosmitrius - from Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:40 pm
Freyr perked up a bit as the first centaur to join him in the cafe - and the one that had bumped into him - decided to join him at the table. He offered the other a warm smile and didn't hesitate to reach up to shake his hand.

"A pleasure, Thad," he said, the warmth in his expression reaching his voice as well. "And don't worry about that, it's not as if you trampled me." He spoke with a light laugh at the end, hopeful that Thaddeus wouldn't let the guilt bother him too much. Really, it was Freyr's fault for staying in the doorway for so long.

"I'm Freyr," he added as their host returned to the table, menus in hand. He turned his attention to the redhead, resting an elbow on the low table and his chin in his hand, giving him his undivided attention. A half grin tugged at his lips as the 'taur rambled a bit but he let him do so, knowing that some worked better when they thought out loud.

"Thank you," he said as he took the menu, glancing it over with interest. There was quite the selection of tea flavors and that was definitely what had drawn him in. The lavender was his first choice, though a chai would definitely hit the spot as well. Two very different flavor profiles though...hm...

"Here, Thad, take a look," Freyr offered, passing the menu to the other 'taur. "And take a seat! The cushions are comfy." Once again he glanced over his shoulder to the other table where the owner and the other guest were. He waited for silence to fall between the two before calling out cheerfully.

"Plenty of room over here if you'd like to join us!"

StarshineAngel01

Mewsings of An Angel

Moxxiie

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Questionable Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:52 pm
Thad took the menu and looked it over. "Ooo these all sound really nice," he said as he took a seat across from Freyr. "What would you recommend?"

He glanced down at the menu again and noticed there were desserts listed near the bottom. He wondered what those were, curious if that was the smell that had drawn him in. "I think I want to try one of these desserts as well."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:12 pm
User ImageA jeweler does not spend one's entire time making their wares. Viorel was no exception. Today he was content to let his nose lead him to the food. What would the fare be for today?

He caught a whiff of something on the breeze that had a nostalgic aspect to it. Chamomile and Lavender. For one who mixed their own potpourri this was intriguing! Until it lead him to someone's doorstep, he would follow. As it should happen, he wandered until he found the lovely café.

The décor was friendly with nature. Huge plus for Viorel, though no one knew it. He entered the cafe and glanced around like a cowboy in from out under the sun. What he was looking for was how he decorated the place. Who was the owner? He tried to guess as he found a chair at an empty table.

StarshineAngel01

Melomar
+1 Intellect for Viorel - from Cheri

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:09 pm
After a few minutes of studying the menu, he decided on getting the Lavender tea. It sounded like it would be a sweet drink and refreshing, he looked around to see if he could spot the 'taur that had given him the menu so he could get his order in. As he waited he returned to continuing to hum his sweet song. He was glad it wasn't too busy but still, he decided to inquire if the cafe needed extra hands or not.

As his eyes took in the decor of the cafe, it seemed like a warm, welcoming and cozy hidden gem of a cafe, that probably wasn't a place that was overly popular but a nice place to eat if you wanted a small meal. He blinked as a purple 'taur with a rose marking on him entered the cafe and looked for an empty table to sit at.

Mewsings of an Angel

Melomar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:40 pm
The empty table Viorel chose was near the other, occupied tables. He had a friend or two that loved to gossip, which had gotten him into the habit of listening for juicy tidbits. He was not avid though, and continued to look around while he listened. He caught the eye of another by himself and smiled when their eyes met. Cosmitrius was quite handsome, and Viorel was not fueled by his love for jewelry, so he hastily looked away. If they were in Viorel's marketplace tent, the lavender centaur would have been more confident, probably.

StarshineAngel01

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:39 pm
As he waited for the ‘taur that dropped off the menu came back around to take orders. His eyes took in the surroundings before resting on the lavender ‘taur at a table by himself he thought for a moment, perhaps he should go sit with the lavender ‘taur so he wasn’t by himself. He got up and made his way over to Viorel before speaking up “mind if I join you? You seem a little lonely” he told the other.

Melomar

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces