Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:44 am
The last chitters and cries died down as shadows blanketed the skies. Tiny creatures ran for their burrows while larger ones reluctantly slid into the shadows, either to stalk or to hide, that decision was their own. One lone owl sat in a gnarled tree, its ice blue eyes piercing even the darkness as it focused its orbs into slits against the faint ring in the sky that had once been the sun.

Amidst the silence its hoot rang out, almost like laughter, deep and soft, but rolling. If one peered closely at it they would almost see the owl was smiling. Gripping its talons into the twisted bark, the owl spread its wings, beating them harsh but silent. Eventually it took to the darkened sky, eyes peering down below. What it searched for was as black as the sky itself and to anyone else she may have blended in completely, but the owl had grown used to hre by now and knew how to pick her out of the darkness.

Once ice blue eyes had locked on its target, the owl let out another hoot before descending rapidly, silently. Landing on the ground just a few feet away from the mare, it spread out its wings and dipped its head in a sort of bow. Another hoot like laugh escaped its beak before slowly turning into more and more that of an actual laugh as the owls form shifted, grew, crackled and crunched in ways that should be unnatural. Before long, an owl pelted stallion stood before the darkness, peering into eyes he knew peered back.

"Ravenna..... what lovely wicked things have you done this fine blackened day?"

(279w)

Twitchapher the 3rd

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:31 pm
Ravenna had not seen the start of the sun being swallowed by the darkness. She had been too focused making sure her next spell was just right . It was only when she caught a glance in her bowl of blood did she note the darkness creeping along the sun in the reflection. Her gaze turned upwards to the sky as she canted her head. Curious. She had heard tales from her mentors about spells to block out the sun but she hadn't thought much of it. It had sounded far fetched, even to a seeress like herself but here she was, watching as the darkness creeped over the land. Well now she really needed that spell. The silence this brought to the lands around her was almost deafening. Even the wind seemed to stop as the land themselves held it's breath with the disappearing sun.

Well it had been quiet until the air crackled with a hooting laughter. The sound was music to her ears as a smile creped upon her face. "My beloved cursed scholar." She turned her head towards him, her golden eyes locking onto his ice blue ones. "I have sadly been unproductive as I have been" She lifted her head up to the sky slightly. "Distracted by recent events. Marvelous, isn't it though? My old mentor's stories of the day being swallowed by the night were true after all. Such beauty I had long resigned to have only been a myth yet here it is.."

She paused and walked over to the shifter and roughly started to preen his bare cheek. "Though I am honoured you have chosen to spend this time with me. I would have thought you would have gone for an easy kill. Your 'prey' must be so scared and confused right now. Their cries music to your ears and all. They can't see the beauty in the darkness, or simply choose not to. You only must fear what hides in the darkness, correct no?" She chuckled softly.

(339w)
Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:06 pm
Ah her words dripped like ink to his ears, a pleasant sound despite what others might think. As she roughly preened against his cheek he stole a moment to take a n** at hers, playful, but perhaps not gentle. From the very moment he had been cursed he had lost all gentleness he once seemed to contain. To hear this wasn't of her doing though, well that caused a dark chuckle from him. While parts of him knew this perhaps was beyond her, he liked teasing her and her wilds. "Oh what a shame this lovely blanket of shadows isn't yours." he tormented again before turning off to stare seemingly into the dark.

His eyes narrowed on something scurrying and he drew his tongue across his muzzle. While he could go for a hunt he found Ravenna and her musings more interesting in this moment. "I'll let them hide.... for now. It's more fun when they think they've outsmarted me." he chuckled again, his tail feathers flicking a bit before turning back towards her. "But how does one fear what hides in the darkness if we both are the darkness, hmm?" he wondered aloud, glancing back up at the darkened sun and the yellow ring burning on its sides, fighting for dominance. "Shame this wont last forever..... or perhaps....will it? Perhaps theres an... old scroll yet discovered with words written of how to permanently swallow the light inside the dark...." he grinned, a twisted smile spreading wider under the owl feathers that plastered his face.
(255w)

Twitchapher the 3rd

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:00 am
Ravenna shivered at his touch, his words. Lyze did know how to make her smile."A time of night, of moonlight and starlight. It does sound divine. It would teach those who seek my seeings that the future for them is not always bright." She scold slightly. Everyone wanted their happy ending but the future often did not hold that. Fate was cruel. She simply saw and spoke what she saw. No sugar coating. Her bluntness had lead her to be seen as a 'bad omen'. It wasn't her fault and alas, she was labeled a dark witch to be avoided. Fate would catch up to them after all. It always did.

Her enjoying her dark witch title was a secret only to herself and her Lyze.

"If such words are out there, I would like to obtain it. I am curious of what other spells may be casted upon the sun's shadow. What would the spirits show me in the dark?" The possibilities were endless. She ruffled her wings slightly and looked to the dark ring in the sky. "Would it even be the spirits or is this a gateway to speak to the dead? So many question and yet no time to learn. I'm ashamed I am so woefully unprepared." She looked to Lyre with a pout. "I will have to work extra hard to make sure I am ready for the next time this event happens, forced or not. The spells I must refine, the reagents I must try...My dear I have so much work to be done in these trying times."

(264W)
Fea Line
KC says hi and how dare I not feed her she's starving.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:46 am
Part of him loved seeing her ruffled and upset. To see all her emotions just spill out carelessly, well it was just divine to him. Those who called her a bad omen, a dark witch.... they were fools who simply hadn't taken the time to get to know the lovely creature that stood before him. Perhaps once upon a time he had thought of her as a snack, a prey he stalked for many moons. But now she was his treasure and he'd be damned if anyone lay hoof, fang or talon upon her.

"I would listen to your dark prophecies for days on end. Watching the light snuff from their eyes as you reveal the cold, harsh truth." he murmured with a shiver, fluffing out the feathers that had grown to be his own where there wasn't any before. He had already adventured too far once before and became cursed because of it. If Ravenna desired to find out the secrets to this darkness and if it were possible to control it, then he'd continue to search to the ends of the earth. After all, he was now stronger from the curse. Where he couldn't go before, he could now with the aid of owl's wings.

"My lovely nightmare, simply point the direction and I shall seek it for you. I can take flight in a fortnight, tomorrow.....even now." he cooed as he moved closer to her, speaking more quietly into that feathered mane and ears. "Simply give me the word..."
(252w)

Twitchapher the 3rd
You tell er KC! Tell her whose boss!

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:08 pm
She just about purred listening to all his sweet, dark whispers. Oh he delighted her on so many levels. She fluffed out her feathers and smiled darkly to him under her bone mask. "Then I am saying the word for I purpose a celebration on this glorious darkened day. We gather the freshest of ingredients for a feast and I shall gaze into the darkest shadow to see what secrets they have to tell me with what I do have in reserves. The darkness has gifted us this wonderful situation and I would rather not waste any more of it's time." Her mind was a flurry of possible combinations of spells she could cast.

Her gaze returned to the dark halo in the sky "Our wonderful day of darkness, I shall work tirelessly to beckon you to return to us. This is my promise to you." A promise to the spirits. One she indented to keep with her Lyze by her side.

(162W)
Fea Line
Plz take KC, steeping in my laundry basket again.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games