Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
PRP] Portents of Chaos (Ticasuk + Hana-akari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As the grip of summer lessened its choking grasp upon the world, Ticasuk had gradually broadened her hunting range. The cold would come soon enough, and an abundance of prey were required if she were to survive the worst of winter. The white bear lumbered carelessly through the forests, not the least bit concerned that her bright fluffy coat had her sticking out like a sore thumb. Bells jingled merrily every time she walked, announcing her presence no matter what she did. A curse, some might say, but Ticasuk now welcomed the challenge of hunting prey who knew she was coming. She paused underneath a particularly sturdy tree, rubbing her shoulder against it with a grunt and a cacophony of bells.

There was a clearing just up ahead, and she stepped out into the light of the sun with much squinting and blinking. She could grow hot and irritable in too much warm weather, but it was a small price to pay if it meant she found plenty to eat. The wind blew through her thick fur, and she paused to sniff the air. Her nose never led her astray. If there was something to eat nearby, she would find it.

((WC: 202))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Lazily draped across a tree's thick branch, Hana-akari was basking in the sun. He figured with the days getting shorter, he'd spend what little daylight was left to spoil himself and then go after prey as dusk fell. They'd be sluggish from the cooler temperature and stupid, fixated on trying to get ready for the coming winter. It made them easy targets to play with before finishing them off.
A far-off jingle-jangle interrupted his thoughts, causing him to crack open an eye to peer about for the perpetrator. The sound was familiar, though it had been several moons since their last encounter. Slowly stretching out before jumping down, he was about to stalk after her when the light started to dim more quickly than normal. A cold wind began to rise and he instantly went on the alert. Something unnatural was about to happen, or was already happening. His ears went flat as he hissed his displeasure.

Word Count: 157  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:53 pm
Something changed in the air.

Ticasuk swayed to a halt, her ears pricked and nostrils flared as she tried to determine what had changed. The hiss of a predator behind her was almost completely ignored--a potential enemy paled in the wake of this anomaly. When her nose and ears told her nothing, she suddenly realized that things seemed to be... growing more dim? She craned her neck up towards the sky, unable to believe what she was seeing.

Shadows were consuming the sun. They had already devoured one side, chewing away the light. Never before had the purewalker seen such a thing, and as she continued to watch with something that felt like excitement in her chest. With a low, growling rumble, the bear shifted her stance, swinging her large head around to finally locate the sound that had been behind her.

((WC: 142))  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:06 pm
"Finally detected my purresence, Oh Thundering Cloud? Ought to be ashamed that it took my hiss for you to notice me." Hana-akari taunted, confident in his speed and agility to get him out of range like it had last time the two had encountered each other. "I dislike the cold this abomination brings, but... there is some benefit..." He grinned with savage glee, tail twitching at the idea forming in his head. "Can you guess what that might be..?" The wind became a gentler breeze, but remained chill, as the light around them dimmed ever faster. How much longer this golden opportunity might last, he had no clue. If he was to successfully goad her into going along with his plan, he had to act fast. "Purrhaps it'd be impossible for you to conceive, so I shall give you a hint. What do you think the little toys around here are doing right now as the day is being consumed unnaturally early? It would be SUCH a shame if this were some bad omen for them..."

Word Count: 176  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:43 pm
Oh, him. The bell thief. Hana-akari. She snorted loudly at his pompousness, both amused and annoyed by his presence. "You are beneath my notice, cat." Ticasuk rumbled, planting her formidable paws in the soil just in case he decided to pounce. Hana-akari's delight was not unnoticed as the wind blew past, and she merely tilted her head in silent regard. The light still dimmed around them, but she said nothing. Why bother guessing when she knew he probably couldn't bear to keep his genius to himself? And indeed, she found herself almost... impressed by his implications once he finally got around to sharing.

"A sign of chaos to come," Her throaty growl of a voice was thoughtful. "Of shadows that can strike even when things seem brightest." Her dark eyes bore into the feline, now assessing him in a new light. This had... potential. They would need to work swiftly to spread rumors of danger brewing deep in the forests, and Ticasuk knew a mangy coyote she could threaten into assisting the cause. These lands had been peaceful for far too long, but they were only two. Ticasuk was far from being a carnal creature, and her mindset was anything but maternal; reproduction was only a means of ensuring chaos and the continuation of her legacy.

But was he worthy? She continued to look him over, rumbling deep in her throat. They would see.

((WC: 234))  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm
Hana-akari grinned impishly. "Well of course I am, you lumbering behemoth. My petite stature comes in handy." He'd already noticed that she had shifted her weight to dig into the earth, as if bracing for something, and he too started to knead the ground under his paws, the claws digging in deeply. If she charged, he'd be ready. He was confident that his size and nimbleness would come in handy like it had when they first encountered each other.
"So glad you caught on so quickly. I was worried that thick skull of yours would be a hinderance, but it seems to be a blessing of protection instead." Already an idea was forming in his head of what kind of mayhem they could bring to the land. He'd be the obvious decoy in his feline form, carrying a lit lantern as he pranced through the forest. Nobody would suspect a harmless kitty-cat, now would they?

Word Count: 155  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Ticasuk wrinkled her muzzle to bare her sizable teeth, sneezing at Hana-akari to show what she thought of that. Still, she made no move to lash out at him... yet. "Spare me the banter and tell me your intentions, cat." If his plan was a good one, she would lend him her aid. Though she relied on her brute strength and power more often than not, Ticasuk knew the importance of cunning. If the catshifter was clever enough to truly plant seeds of chaos, it would raise his potential value. Her thick claws dug into the soil a few times as she mulled things over before the white bear relaxed her stance.

While a fight would be satisfying, the thought of spreading discord was infinitely more so. Even to the point where she would ignore her solitary nature and work together with others. Then again, Ticasuk expected a large pay off at the end of this little stunt, and if she didn't get one... well, then everybody would be in her sights as a potential victim.

((WC: 176))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:04 pm
"Nobody would expect malice from a small little kitten, now would they?" While poking the bear was fun, even he knew when and where to draw the line. "Simple plan enough, I act as the "poor lost little kitty" and when they come over to help..." He started to pace, eager to get this plan in action now. The sun was almost fully consumed, a tiny sliver left before the void hid it completely. "Ideally I'd have loved to hit while the sun is fully consumed, to strike even more fear into the lovely toys in the area, but alas... I know not how long this will last." While decoys and diversions were his specialty, given how slender his feline form was, he'd gladly take advantage of some extra assistance in the form of brute strength. Some of the toys he'd love to break were too daunting to take on alone and would require the deviousness of two or more.

Word Count: 160  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:25 pm
Her dark eyes glinted for a moment, imagining the situation. Surely no one would be so stupid as to buy Hana-akari's little act, but she knew very well that foals and less experienced Soquili might do just that. "Then we move now," Ticasuk decided, for as annoying as it was to admit, the cat was correct. The darkness would only strengthen their message... and no animal could control their terror when they were hunted in the dark. There was no question as to what her role in this little hunting party would be. A full grown bear such as she could easily smash a Soquili off its feet before it could react or flee.

Besides, the sooner they started, the higher their chances of finding their first victims.

((WC: 129))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:00 pm
With a savage grin, Hana-akari shook himself out and a rippling movement ran across his body as he began to shrink. Soon he was in his feral form, stretching out lazily before darting off in the direction of what he believed would be the ideal first target. The lumbering giant has some potential... almost having some fun messing with her. Wonder what a cat and bear hybrid would look like... speed, strength, and cunning maximized? The Bearwalker could follow his scent, he was certain, and make her own plans to adapt to his actions. Or not; it would be her loss if she chose not to join in on the fun. His mind was already racing through all the possible lines he would use once he met the lovely little toys... Better put on a panicked expression now, in case they see me before I reach them. Slipping into character, he switched into a "fearful run" as the last of the sun was consumed by the darkness, casting a preternatural dusk upon the land. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Word Count: 181

(( And that's a wrap! ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out