Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:38 pm
Quote:
Prompt: The moon is particularly bright tonight, hanging lazily in the night sky like a round, yellow eye. There's a strangeness in the air, a sense of being watched. Spirits are particularly restless this evening, and those wandering outside of their homes may find themselves at the whims of the more mischievous magic. Though it's highly unlikely anything malicious will happen, the spirits aren't above giving an unfortunate centaur or centauress the scare of a lifetime! Does anything odd happen to your character, good or bad?

Morphares felt a little restless tonight, only because he was sure that the spirits themselves were more active than usual and that meant that something was more than likely going to happen. Usually it didn't involve anything dangerous so he wasn't worried, but still they liked to play tricks and until it happened, it could be literally anything.

He had just been out at night looking at the moon and attempting to gain some inspiration for his writing as he stared at it. It was one of his favorite things to look at and this night was no exception. It just made him a bit more vulnerable as he was out here in the forest.

It was only when he heard the steps of another nearby that he found himself paying attention to something other than the moon and moved from a resting position to standing up, just in case it was someone who was on the unfriendly side.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:45 am
User Image
The moon was large and round this night, and with her nightly ritual and prayers finished, the High Priestess had been planning to bask in the moonglow. Unfortunately, there was something amiss this night -- or at last, there seemed to be some sort of presence in the air. While her starlight walks were often quiet and peaceful, tonight the spirits seemed ill at ease and restless.

Spooks whispered in her ears, or tugged at her hair and tail; she saw things out of the corner of her eyes, or even witnessed faint apparitions ducking in and out of the shadows. It was certainly a night that left the High Priestess on edge -- though she did her best to keep her nerves calm.

Surely, nothing would harm her.

Perhaps a prayer of protection would be in order?

Ravenna changed course, deciding to make her way to a more open field where she could better regard the moon and see if, perhaps, she might offer peace to the night spirits. Movement caught her eye, and for a brief moment, she mistook Morphares as just another apparition or shadow. It was only when he remained that she realized it was another centaur -- and a stranger at that.

She paused, not wanting to crowd the other, and gave a small flick of her tail. She so rarely bumped into fellow night-time centaurs that weren't of Nox Lunae, that she was quite surprised. Perhaps he was a blessing from the Moon? "Greeting, fellow Nightwalker," she spoke, hoping he wasn't as much a trickster as the spirits. Friend, foe, or simply a stranger passing through the night -- only time would tell.

SSBrosB
Sorry for the delay! I'll try to tag ASAP so we can get this done this month. :3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:42 pm
Morph could hear the steps of another nearby and had been on guard when they had gotten closer. But even they stopped and then soon after she spoke to him. He turned in her direction, and let out a small sigh at the sight. She didn't appear to be a trickster at least. He nodded to her. "Greeting. I was wanting to gain inspiration from the moon and well, perhaps I didn't choose the best night to do so." He said with a chuckle.

He gave a wave to the area around him. "Feel free to take a rest. I don't need all of this space to myself. I just wanted somewhere dark so that I could see int he moonlight." He had been able to see some things, but he hadn't been able to see all. And he had hoped for better scenery as well. Perhaps he could make use of this tricksters around this place? They might make for a good poem, and perhaps it might please them.

Uta
Apologies for taking so long!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:05 pm
Ravenna was pleased when the other didn't pull away, or scold her for her approach. Not every centaur out and about was friendly, after all... and some were territorial or known hunters of strangers and outsiders. As peaceful as the world could be, she knew it could and would change in an instant.

The spirits that were playing games this night only added to her worries -- for who knew what lurked in the shadows? If one stared long enough at the dark, they might well find someone looking back. Usually, Ravenna so enjoyed the night time and felt comfortable in its embrace -- but meddling spirits usually pointed to some sort of spirit realm unease. Perhaps something was amiss?

Well, she couldn't focus on that mystery yet -- especially with a friendly sort before her. A wailing ghost suddenly gave her tail a yank, which did cause Ravenna to start and bolt a few steps forward. She gave her tail a shake, and a weak laugh, "I appreciate the offer, though these trickster spirits seem to be getting emboldened as the night wears on. The moonlight is beautiful-- perhaps we'll get a little peace yet?"

She offered the stranger another smile. "I'm Ravenna," she introduced herelf, giving her tail one last shake, in case the little spirit decided to follow.

SSBrosB
:3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:32 pm
Morphares couldn't help but let out a small sigh. He had heard some giggling when he was just starting to relax, jolting him out of the peace that he was just starting to find, along with a few tugs on his antlers. "Yes, I do hope that they calm down. I know they feel restless, but perhaps they could just enjoy the moon like the two of us are attempting to do." He said with a chuckle.

"If need be we can move, but I hope that we don't have to." He touched one of the flowers that surrounded him gently. The feeling of the petals was soft and often he wanted to recreate it, but he felt too guilty doing it to one that was full of life and just blooming. "I'm Morphares, but often go by Morph." He said with a nod towards Ravenna. I like to write poetry and often use inspiration for nature. Sometimes other things may inspire me as well however."

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:46 pm
Ravenna reached up to to try to gently shoo away some of the wispy spirits. She didn't wish to upset or offend them, but it was terribly difficult to enjoy the night time or a stranger's company while they were causing mischief. "I suppose the spirits will do what they wish, but it does make it difficult to fully enjoy the moon and starlight," she confessed. "Perhaps a prayer of protection is in order," she mused. Whether or not the gods of the night would hear her call was another story entirely, but it might be worth it.

The gods moved in mysterious ways, after all, and she was a High Priestess of the Moon.

"Well met, Morph," she greeted cordially. "I've never met a poet," she confessed, but her ears perked in interest. "Perhaps you'll be inspired tonight, even with all the mischief." Though it was difficult to focus with the spirits floating about them, there was still magic in the moonlight, and the stars, and all the beauty of the earth and foliage surrounding them.

SSBrosB

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:32 pm
He nodded, ignoring the small tugging that was happening to one of his ears. "Well I'm glad to be the first one you've met. Really I just write down things that inspire me, but somehow I make them enjoyable to read to others." He said with a small blush. "Not many would follow this path, but it gives me a bit more courage to go out and explore the unknown just to see if I would get inspired.

"This is my favorite spot. Even with all of the spirits being a bit naughty tonight." He said as he heard some giggling a bit away from them. "What is it that you do? I feel like I've mostly been talking about myself. Sometimes I seem to lose where my thoughts are going." He said with an embarrassed smile. "I guess it makes me a bit of a better poet." He chuckled. "Still, was there anything in particular that made you come here tonight?"

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:04 pm
Ravenna listened to the stranger, pleased to better get to know him. It was true that she'd never met a poet, but she did so enjoy learning about those who were gifted in the arts. She had once wished to be a crafter, before she'd been tapped into the role as a Sun Priestess ....

But that didn't turn out as it should have, much to her chagrin.

"Well then, I hope the moon and the night spirits inspire you -- if not tonight, than in future." Her words were sincere, and she gave a flick of her ebony tail. Another spirit peeked up from behind her head, before giving a little giggle and seemingly evaporating into thin ar. Ravenna ignored it, as best she could.

"I don't mind learning more about you, stranger -- a poet should be verbose, after all," she chuckled, hoping that he didn't mind the descriptor. It was not meant ill, after all. "However, I don't mind letting you know more about me, either. I'm a High Priestess of the Moon, in the herd Nox Lunae. I was coming here to pray for peace, and perhaps a bit of protection, given the spirits are more wild than usual." She had hoped that maybe the moon and night spirits would help calm all the ruckus or at least, keep those of Nox Lunae and everyone in the herd safe until the other world found peace.

SSBrosB

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:02 pm
"Thank you, I appreciate it. While I haven't done much with my poems yet, I have thought about publishing them somehow, or letting others read them." He said with a nod, taking a quick look behind his back to see a spirit suddenly disappearing.

He listened as she told him who she was. "I hope your prayers work tonight then priestess." He said with a small smile. "Perhaps that is why they are more playful than usual. They know that they are most likely to go to the other world soon with your help and want to play as much as they can before it happens."

He hummed to himself. "Moon guide to the other wolrd..." He muttered to himself as his mind wandered a bit at the inspiration for another poem. After a few moments he realized what he had done and blushing slightly apologized to Ravenna. "My apologies. I often lost myself in thoughts when inspiration comes to me."

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:30 pm
Ravenna gave a smile at the other. He certainly seemed to be a kind sort, and made for an interesting foil against all the naughty spirits around them. If only everyone could be so kind and so patient. "Some villages have oral readings, where I'm sure your poems would be well received. There are others out there who transcribe work, and I have no doubt putting quill to scroll would immortalize them. You have a gift, and it should rightfully be shared," she encouraged. And that was the truth!

Ravenna herself had little talent to offer -- at least not like this stranger and his poems, or Atheron and his paintings. "I doubt my prayers will do much -- but it is an amusing thought," she chuckled, giving a self-conscious flick of her tail. She was simply a priestess and whether or not the spirits and gods chose to listen to her was beyond her power. "However, a little peace might not hurt, if the spirits are willing," she confessed, even as another little trickster gave her tail tip a solid tug.

Upon his apology, Ravenna shook her head. "Nothing to apologize for! If the muses inspire you so, by all means -- it won't stop me or my prayers."

SSBrosB
Sorry for the delay!! My muses struggled in November a bit. I'll try to be quicker about replies. :3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas