Submit

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Asali crept out of the cave cautiously, the fear still in his eyes. What had just occurred, he could not explain, could not understand. No, no pony seemed to know, and all, fierce to friendly, seemed as equally scared and concerned. He glanced back to see if the companion whom he'd taken refuge with was following. He did not really desire to go outside alone, for who knew what awaited?

"Teine...are you coming Teine? I'm not doing this alone..." he said in a shaky, slightly agitated voice. He wasn't trying to sound harsh, but the stress of the situation just felt like too much to bear. He paused, waiting for a reply.

Only a couple hours before, something strange had begun; the sun slowly disappeared behind a dark disc. At 1st, it wasn't noticeable. But slowly...surely...the light died....

========================

https://wordcounter.net/
138 words  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:29 pm

Teine jumped at the sudden question he was asked. Partially because it was unexpected and a bit loud, but also partly because it sounded a little harsh. His heart pounding, he replied, "I....yes...yes I'm coming..."

He slowly began inching forward, trying to stay as low to the ground as possible. He was afraid, and wasn't afraid to admit it. What happened outside? Was everyone alright? Or had something horrible happened? His mind wandered back to the events leading up to this moment...

The day had begun like any other day, completely devoid of anything extraordinary. Until that fateful moment he looked up...

========================

102 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:42 pm
User Image

Several hours before...

Asali darted around, up and down the hills, chasing unsuspecting critters. He didn't intend to hurt them, no, he wasn't that type of Shifter. But he did still get some amusement out of frightening others. And most around these parts knew him, so the fear was generally short lived. And often followed by either exasperation, or sometimes, anger. This time, it was the former. His target on this occasion was the pony Teine. And he didn't seem to be particularly amused...

"What's wrong Teine?" Asali asked, smirking. "You weren't afraid were you?"

========================

95 words  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:49 pm
User Image

"No I was not afraid!" Teine snapped gruffly. "I don't know why you have to do that." he lamented as he shook himself off. He had known Asali for quite a while, and his antics were sometimes just tiresome. "Don't you have anything better to do than chase us around?" he asked as he began to walk off.

They were friends, of course. But even friends can sometimes test your patience. And Asali definitely knew how to push his buttons. As he was looking for a way down off the ridge he had been driven up, he glanced skyward at the odd call of one of the birds. "That's a strange one...don't remember hearing it...it sounds...confused?" As he looked on, he noticed several birds that seemed to be flying in irregular patterns and not knowing where to go. "What...are they doing?" he asked aloud.

========================

144 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:34 pm
User Image

Asali smirked satisfyingly. He knew he had irritated his friend, but he really didn't care. He knew he'd get over it...and he knew Teine was fully aware of all the things that made Asali who he was.

"Oh don't be so miffed, Teine. It doesn't suit you." he chided playfully.

"What are you looking at?" he asked as he approached where his friend stood. He wondered what had so caught his attention that he failed to respond to the prior remark. "What's so interesting up there?" He trained his gaze to where Teine was looking, and slowly, quietly, asked, "What in the world is going on here..." What he saw was exactly what Teine saw, but another thing caught his attention, as well.

"Um...Teine...some of the ground critters are starting to act funny now..." Like Teine before, he noticed some odd calls and looked around. What he saw was every sort of critter native to this area running around in a confused panic, just as the birds above them. "Something is definitely not right here...." he gasped.

========================

177 words  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:41 pm
User Image

"Yea....yeah...this is really freaking me out..." he replied, in a bit of a panic. "We should probably go down and see what the other ponies think." Having scoped out a way down, he began to descend. He was trying to be careful, but all the hectic chatter of the critters, small to great, crawling to flying, was really beginning to rattle him.

"Asali, don't leave me, ok?" he whimpered as he tried to block out the chaotic noise. He heard Asali reply to him and slowly continued onward, hoping to run across some Soq with answers.

========================

96 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:46 pm
User Image

Suddenly Asali reached out and grabbed hold of Teine's mane with his mouth. "Wait! Look!" he mumbled, mouth full of hair. He let go and frantically lifted his neck, motioning towards the sky. "Look at the sun Teine!" he shouted. "Look what's happening!"

========================

43 words  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 pm
User Image

"Are you crazy; I'm not going to look at the sun, that's just stupid!" he snapped. Yet, seemingly unable to make his body do what his mind said, he looked up. "Asali! What is that! Something's starting to move over the sun!" he shrieked. "Is this some sign? Is something bad about to happen?!" He began to spin in circles, not knowing what to do, or think. "Have....have you seen any other ponies?" He frantically scanned the surrounding area.

========================

79 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:00 pm
User Image

Asali tried to calm his panic stricken friend. "Calm down Teine; we don't know what's going on. Freaking out like this isn't going to help anyone." He pushed against him, hoping it would comfort him. "We're in this together; I'm not going anywhere." he said to him reassuringly.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was pretty scared, too. He had never seen or heard of anything like this before. He was very doubtful anyone else had, either. As he was trying to think what they should do next, he caught sight of Magnolia, a little Tribble he knew, running toward them.

========================

103 words  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:54 pm

Magnolia quickly approached them frantically squeaking, trying to form words. "What are you guys doing out here?! You should hide! No one knows what's happening, no one! No pony or critter, old or young! Everyone's taking cover! Eeep! Run! Hide!" She didn't even wait around for a reply before darting into a crack in a nearby crag.

========================

57 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:58 pm
User Image

Teine worriedly glanced over at Asali. "Um...I...I think we should do what she says...don't you think so too?" He looked around as he impatiently waited for a reply. He glanced back toward the sun; even more of it was being blocked out now! "Asaaaaaliiii!!!!" he yelled. "It's getting worse!"

========================

49 words  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:10 pm
User Image

Asali gazed back heavenward and saw that indeed, the mysterious disc was covering more of the sun. "Ok, yes...we should find some place to hide since apparently no one knows what is happening. I trust Magnolia, so what she's saying must be true; no one has any answers. We need...we need to fend for ourselves right now. Come on."

Quickly Asali motioned for Teine to follow him. He really wasn't sure where to go. But there had to be a cave around somewhere. He was getting panicked himself, but he knew if Teine saw, it would only make things worse. He had to keep a cool head. "You act so tough, now it's time to show it." he muttered quietly to himself.

In the distance he spotted what appeared to be a void in the face of the mountain. "There!" he shouted. "I think that is a cave. Maybe it goes back deep enough." He again looked up at the ominous view. "I sure hope it does..."

As they arrived at the entrance, he hastily ushered Teine in. "Hurry! There's not much time!" After Teine had darted inside, Asali took one last glance around him. Things had gone quiet all around them. And an eerie midday darkness had begun to envelope the land. "Well...what is our fate?" he wondered silently as he briskly took refuge with his friend.

========================

228 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:16 pm
User Image

A little while later that day...

"Is...is over Asali? Where is everyone? Is everything back to normal? What was that?" The questions just spilled out of his mouth, knowing full well his friend didn't have any real answers. But what else could he do? Everyone was probably asking these questions. ...If there was an everyone to be found anymore.

He tried to stay up as close as possible to Asali, who knew what might be in store for them next.

========================

80 words  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:24 pm
User Image

This time it was Asali's turn to be a wee bit agitated at his friend. "How am I supposed to know, Teine? You know as much as me." he retorted. He looked all about him, and things...didn't really seem any different than before they fled into the cave. Everything appeared to still be in it's place. And light had returned. But what about everyone else?

He stopped walking and carefully scanned his environment. There! In the distance! He could see another group of Soq emerging from hiding. "Well...we know we're not the only ones, at least." he said a bit more cheerfully. "Let's go see if any of them know what happened....and if they think it's over."

Both friends let out a loud whinny to get the attention of the other group. Then together they began the short trek to them, hoping for answers to their frightening day.

========================

148 words

1539 words total  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff