Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythikos

Back to Guilds

A B/C Centaur and Mythological Creature Shop 

Tags: Centaurs, Mythology, Roleplay, Pegasus, Fantasy 

Reply [IC] Chimereid Island RP
[PRP] Bathed in Moonlight (Soteira & Artemis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:57 pm
User Image
Deep within the forest lay a secret grove, and within that grove, a clearing bathed in moonlight. It was here that Soteira liked to linger at night, basking in the moon's glow and enjoying a brief respite from the troubles of the world. It was unfortunately that she, who had been born with the power to heal, must also partake of the blood of the living. Not that she wasn't alive... it was just that her quarry must also be.

She sighed, settling down by a pool where the light shimmered entrancingly, folding her wings about her. It was a lonely life, to be sure. There were few indeed who might wish to keep company with a mare such as she. Though she had once been part of a herd with other blood cursed centaurs, she... hadn't quite fit in. Perhaps it was for her strong sense that there was somewhere that she did belong, or perhaps it was because she rather hated this side of herself. A vampire she might be, but she didn't have to enjoy it.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:16 pm
User Image

Artemis had wandered further from home than she usually dared, but her sense of adventure, and desire to see what lay outside the Herd's borders had kept her moving. Certainly, she had no intention of leaving Nox Lunae -- but something within the night beckoned her to continue her journey. Where the moonlight led her, she knew not, but Artemis had faith and trust that the night would let her know when it was time to return. Surely, her parents would understand...if they even noticed her missing.

While she had no intention of staying out too early in the day, Artemis was a guard, and known to traveling the borders of the herd, and even beyond. It was her solemn duty to protect the herd, so she doubted anyone would know she was missing...at least right away. But hadn't Ravenna always encouraged them to listen to the Moon and the night spirits? To let them guide their hooves and their spirits?

Everyone spoke of winter's embrace, and Artemis knew the cold and snow would be upon the islands soon. She should have been helping to prepare--be it gathering wood, or setting traps, aiding hunters, or preparing shelters for others within the herd. But here Artemis was, wandering with no purpose, except that she felt she should continue.

So it was, Artemis continued on, step by step.

It was by sheer happenstance that she pushed through the thick underbrush, and found herself standing amid a moonlit meadow. She wasn't out of the woods, for the small clearing was surrounded by thick foliage and trees -- but the sky was clear, and the moon seemed to glow almost eerily upon the place. It was beautiful, and Artemis had to stifle a gasp of surprise as she paused in wonder at the sight. If only Ravenna or her family were here to see this place.... Perhaps this was the reason the moon called to her so? To find this hidden paradise? If ever the gods walked among them, here was the place!

Taking a few steps forward, her eyes caught sight of a figure upon the ground, off in the distance. Lo and behold, she saw Soteira by the water's edge, and this time, she did gasp-- for never had she witnessed a centaur more enchanting.

She clearly had to be a goddess ... and without thinking, she took to a knee and bowed her head. "Forgive the intrusion, m'lady,' she spoke softly, reverently. Even if the stranger was of flesh and blood, Artemis felt as if she could not look upon her without being put to blush. Surely, this was a lady fair that all the knights of stories and tales told to her were keen to rescue and save. No wonder, she mused, that wars had been started in beauty's name...

Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:38 pm

A deep purple blush colored Soteira's cheeks as she realized that the stupendously strong, beautiful mare was kneeling to her. Addressing her. Somehow, it didn't seem right. "Oh!" she said, flustered at the other's mode of approach. "Please, there is no need for that. I'm a traveler like anyone." A strange and repugnant one, at that. Soteira's vision was quite sharp at night, and she was fully aware of the splendor of the other who even now knelt in her honor. The mare's tone seemed almost worshipful, and she blushed all the harder, embarrassed to cause such a thing.

She was more... well, a freak, than she was anything worth celebrating, and knew it. "Please, do stand up. This is not my place to guard or own." It was simply a beautiful and moonlit clearing. The grove was her customary abode, but... she could not claim ownership to it. Not to the extent of forbidding another from using it, enjoying it. For that was all this stranger had been doing, until she'd noticed her.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:51 am

Artemis did not necessarily believe that the vision of beauty before her was anything less than a goddess come down, but she did as she was bade. The large mare didn't want to make the stranger uncomfortable, no matter who she might be. When her gaze lifted once more, she noticed those flushed cheeks, the way it worked itself down her neck and shoulders. Artemis did have to catch herself from staring, and quickly glanced around the moonlit grove instead, lest she continue to put her hoof in it and scare the other mare away.

"Forgive me if I made you uncomfortable," she hastily apologized, ducking her head one more time. "My herd reveres the Moon and those of the Night, and coming into this grove, seeing you bathed in its glow -- I suppose I got caught up in the moment," she mused, shaking her head at her own stupidity.

Well, she never said she was the brightest star in the sky, but she hoped the explanation would keep the stranger from thinking too poorly of her. Artemis didn't often give two bits about others opinions, much less of her, but for some reason it felt important to clear the air between them. She wanted to get to know this stranger, wanted to spend a few more minutes in her company. Truly, she'd never seen someone so striking in all her life.

"I'm Artemis," she introduced, offering her hand to the lady before her. "Guard of Nox Lunae." If Soteira took her hand, she would raise it to her lips to buss the back of it. "Might I know your name, m'lady?" Artemis had ehard stories of knight errants running off to do battle for their lady, vying for a token, falling upon their swords out of devotion. She'd never quite believed why they would be stirred to such things...

Until now.

Cheri

Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:55 pm

Charmed, Soteira found herself staring at the large and imposing mare who stood before her. "Ah. How... intriguing. I have never heard of a Moon worshipping herd before. Although... I have heard of individuals taurs who worship the Moon or the Night." An entire herd devoted to the Moon seemed absolutely splendid. The little diadem of lunar phases that hovered above head seemed to shine brightly, brighter than usual.

Perhaps an answer from the Moon itself, though she did not seem to know it. "My name is Soteira," she said, extending her hand to place it within the other's grasp. "I'm a healer by trade... and something of an anathema to the herd of my birth." Truly, they had reviled her as a monster, cursed and gods-abandoned. "Nox Lunae. I have never heard the name before, yet it feels... strangely familiar." Comfortable, even.

She blushed when the guard kissed the back of her hand, her cheeks warming almost as if they would catch aflame. Oh my. A flare of attraction seemed to arc up her arm from where Artemis's lips brushed against her hand. What a silly fool she must be, to be so instantly besotted by a stranger. She could scarcely know that the other was having similar thoughts.

Uta

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff