Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythikos

Back to Guilds

A B/C Centaur and Mythological Creature Shop 

Tags: Centaurs, Mythology, Roleplay, Pegasus, Fantasy 

Reply [IC] Chimereid Island RP
[PRP] It's in the Cards (Lucrecio x Wightrose)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:53 pm
User ImageWinter was fast approaching as the bare trees and migrating birds foretold, but today was fairly warm for being so late in the autumn. Lucrecio was dressed for the weather, layered but light so they didn't get overheated while the sun was up but not too chilled later in the day when darkness began to creep in. For now it was just about lunchtime and they were feeling quite fine in terms of both temperature and temperament.

Their stomach, however, was quite ready for a meal. Luc was following their nose today, not really in the mood for something specific but definitely hungry. They knew lots of places in this town offered quite the selection so they decided to simply window shop until they found something that their stomach and mouth decided fit the bill.

Little signs hung outside various cafes and restaurants declaring the specials for the day, but it was surprisingly an inn that caught their attention. There was no sign outside saying what was on for lunch, but the building still gave them pause. Their tail twitched and an ear followed suit, bright eyes studying the building. There was definitely food being cooked in there - perhaps a squash soup? - but that wasn't what was drawing Luc's attention.

"Hm...interesting," they murmured before heading for the door. Pushing it open, Lucrecio was met with the hustle and bustle of an inn at lunchtime. There seemed to be both patrons of the inn as well as those coming in off the street to eat much like themself so Luc knew they were welcome here and that it wasn't exclusive to those spending the night. They looked around, still unsure of what exactly drew them in, but nothing really popped out.

Undeterred, Luc found an empty space at the bar to stand. They knew that if the spirits had called them here, the reason would make itself apparent soon enough. While they waited they grabbed a menu and gave a little grin. Special of the day: squash soup. Perfect.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:49 pm
User ImageWightrose Watercrisp was handling orders today, at both the bar and in the rest of the restaurant. The male co-owner was also the cook today, and they exchanged warm, cheerful words every time she brought in or carried out an order.

She had been at the inn for several months now and she had already proven her worth to stay. She had even set goals for herself in the future, both with her cerberus' training as well as her own. The three-headed canine was protective and attentive, but did not always obey because each head had a personality of its own. She found that if she treated them as a group when giving orders, and individuals when spending time together, she had a happier pup! So they were finally off to a productive start. Her other ambition was to open up an inn of her own on the other side of town, a sister site for this inn and the friends she had made here. As an heiress, she had never had goals of her own before this! She treasured them as she did with everything that she could not touch or hold: next to her heart. She was proud of herself for coming so far so fast.

Wight brought in a large tray that she had used to carry out several plates of food to other patrons. Then she returned to the bar and those presently standing there. She topped off some drinks, and spying the new face approached Lucrecio with a smile. Her happiness plainly showing through, she asked, "Good afternoon. What can I get for you?"

She wore a cute white top with beading and embroidery around its neck, down the front, and down the long sleeves. She had purchased it for the job last week. Since then, in the evenings she had added in the decorations herself. It was ready for wear only today. The shirt was comfortable but teasingly showed some tummy, too, though around her waist was a pouch that covered most of her belly. Inside, it held a pad of paper and a pen, as well as receipts and cash tucked away in an inner pocket. Its belt held down the apron she wore over the shirt to keep it clean. She had altered the apron to look more decorative, pleasing to the eye but fitting its function just as well. In her hands now were the paper and pen, ready to take Lucrecio's order.

(( Thank you so much for your patience! ))  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:07 am
Luc didn't have to wait long to be helped despite the number of guests in the building. A cheerful centaur made her way towards them behind the bar and as she reached them, little bells and whistles went off in Luc's head. Ah...this was why they were here.

They offered her a smile in return as they laid down the menu, mentally thanking the spirits for the very obvious signs. Although this centaur seemed happy her aura was completely off. It was easy to spot a facade when they saw one and although she looked in her element, she needed their help. This was why they'd been called to come in here. Why, though...that was the question, wasn't it? And it would be unsightly to simply come out and ask a stranger what was bothering them, so Lucrecio knew this situation would need to be dealt with slowly.

"A lovely afternoon, isn't it?" they echoed, tilting their head to the side just a bit. "I was considering the squash soup, it smelled divine outside. Though I would be most obliged if you could recommend something to pair it with for a drink." Luc's long tail swished slightly behind them as they adjusted their stance, one hind leg bending to relax as they settled in to their place on the opposite side of the bar.

"You wear that blouse well," they added, quite fond of the way the lighting in the room caught the beading. "It's beautiful."

Melomar
No worries!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:14 am
Her face fell a bit as she thought about whether she had been out-- at all, today. So she gave the customer a wry grin. "I don't know, actually. I've been inside all day. Is it lovely?" Was the weather lovely? She honestly wished to know. "I like this season," she went on, smile widening fully, "the weather, the trees, the frosty air."

"What I recommend to drink with it?" She hummed a note or two to herself as she reached over for a wine menu and set it before Lucrecio. She leaned closer over the bar and pointed. "I am not the most knowledgeable with wines, but my understanding is this dry white wine go best because the more creamy texture compliments the soup's texture. What do you think? Would you like to try it?"

A faint violet blush brushed her cheeks."My blouse?" She was proud of what she had done. It was a simple design, but what could she have done in a week's time? "Thank you. I embroidered it myself." She did know what looked good on herself, she was glad someone had noticed. But it was not going to get them any preferential treatment!

SilverLutz
(Melo is no wine drinker, and so looked at some articles about what specifically goes with squash soup. I did not know that dry wine can be creamy in texture. Fascinating stuff!)

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:51 am
Oh, how silly of them to assume their host knew what the weather was like! Surely she'd been indoors all day, perhaps only getting a breath of fresh air as the door was opened.

"It is," Luc said with a soft chuckle. "You must forgive my ignorance, I didn't think you might not have had a chance to experience it yet." Still, they let it drift away from the conversation as they waited for her recommendation, studying her face as she studied the menu. They weren't too sure what it was about her that had made the spirits bring them to her, but Luc was definitely going to suss it out.

"That sounds wonderful," they said as she gave her suggestion, then smiled at the flush that stained her cheeks. It was always a pleasure to make others happy and something as simple as a compliment was more than simple to give. When it was revealed she was the one who had embroidered the designs onto the fabric Lucrecio gave a soft 'ah' of understanding. Now it was clear why she was so delighted by their words!

"Multi-talented, you are," they said with a soft hum. "A sommelier, embroiderer..." It was clear by her words that she was neither of those things, but Lucrecio appreciated that she was putting in effort despite not being an expert.

"I'm sure there's many more things you're talented at as well. Tell me, may I have your name? Mine is Lucrecio," they offered, extending a hand for her to take if she so decided. The wine and soup were, for now, on the back burner. She was the reason they'd come in, food and drink were a perk.

Melomar
No worries! I don't drink at all so your guess is as good as mine XD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:00 pm
Wight had the feeling this patron was trying to figure something out about her. She couldn't put her finger on it, and that alone made her wonder if she looked familiar to them. Had they lived in the same town together previously? Perhaps this person remembered her from her days as a lofty heiress? She would know soon enough because they-- Lucrecio-- asked for her name. There was little she could do but give her real name. It was a small town and as much as she wanted to hide, she also needed to be able to rely on the residents if her previous life should intersect with her new one. So, a moment of panic flashed across her face, but then it softened as she accepted her situation. It would have been natural for her to be as open as anyone else at this inn, if her circumstances had been more normal. She smiled and took the other centaur's hand, gripping it with a firm but slender hand, and replied, "I'm Wightrose Watercrisp. I don't know about any talents, but I do have many skills. It is very nice to meet you, Lucrecio."

SilverLutz

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:53 am
Lucrecio saw the quick look of panic on the bartenders' face but didn't react. They didn't wish to cause her alarm, of course, and making a fuss over the quick break in her expression would surely do so. Instead they remained steady as always, returning the smile as their hand was taken.

"Wightrose Watercrisp," they repeated, their voice soothing and soft as they committed that name to memory. The response drew a little chuckle from the centaur and as they let go of Wightrose's hand they let their own fall to rest on the top of the bar.

"So you have worked hard, then. I understand," they said, tilting their head once more to survey the mare. "Forgive my bluntness, Wightrose, as it is not my usual way of going about things, but I feel you would be more comfortable knowing upfront. I was drawn to this inn not by the soup, but by you, I believe." Luc reached back to the saddle back tossed over their back and fiddled around in it for a moment before withdrawing a pack of worn cards. They were a bit larger than playing cards and clearly at home in their hands.

"My profession is that of a fortune teller. The spirits send me messages through these cards and I aim to help those who need it most. I couldn't help but feel as though you need a bit of guidance in your life." They held Wightrose's gaze as they spoke, their tone comforting rather than accusing and there was certainly room for her to disagree or turn them down. But there was honesty and concern in their voice as well, making it quite obvious that they wished to do this for her.

"I wouldn't charge you for my time as I've sought you out, and I would be happy to wait until you are off of your shift."

Melomar

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff