[PRP] Just Take Three (Lucrecio x Toto)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:50 pm
User ImageThis time of year always brought centaurs from far away to the village where Lucrecio lived. It was nice to see so many new faces walking the streets, so many histories to learn and so many futures to peek into. Not all of them were interested in seeing what their cards might hold, but Lucrecio saw a potential story, revelation, and warning in every passer by.

The outside of Luc's house was fairly unassuming. They lived down a side street that connected to main roads, which was dotted with a few small cafes and shops amid the residential buildings so it really did blend in amid the mix of homes and storefronts. Every now and then they'd put a little sandwich board outside their door indicating that readings were being done inside if they had a client, but most often when they were open for business they'd simply stand outside their open door, catching someone's eye or giving them a wave. Those that were curious about the darkened room beyond Luc would step forward, drawn in by the smells of incense and occasional flashes of light as the candles within caught the myriad of crystals and hanging decorations that adorned their walls and shelves.

Today was a decent day for hoof traffic, 'taurs out shopping or simply enjoying the festive energy surging through the town. Luc had just finished up doing a reading a few minutes prior and had just finished tidying up inside their house. They rested a crystal atop the freshly shuffled tarot deck after setting it on the small altar they had over their fireplace, then took one of the burning sticks of incense as they did a small circuit around the room to cleanse the energy and bring it back to a neutral. The client had been pretty emotionally charged and before Luc saw someone else they wanted to ensure the energy in the room was settled.

Satisfied with the vibes after returning the incense to its holder, Luc walked outdoors to survey the scene. They kept the small sandwich board open for now, hopeful that their next client would be quick to make themselves know.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:53 pm
User Image

Somehow, Toto had found himself in a relatively remote village, a place he'd never before been. Actually, he knew precisely how he'd gotten there; the culprit was harmonizing irritably with themself, a variation of the so familiar tune. There was someone or something in this place that the spirit needed. Well, fine. It had been a good friend to Toto, and although they had lately been quite irritable, he did not begrudge them this. It fluttered along, a ball of music and light, sparking every now and again as it struck a high note and dimming when its music tended lower.

"Is this where you wanted to go?" he asked, bemused by the spirit who continued to lead him in a decisive fashion. The spirit, of course, did not answer. "Very well, but we really can't travel forever."

"Dun da dun da da dun dun dun!" it vocalized, angry at the hint that he was not entirely swayed to do its current bidding. After all, he was the reason it was here. "Dun da dun da da dun dun!"

A long pause. "Dun!"

How very dramatic. "Fine. Just this time, though. Calais is waiting back in the grove, you know."

Spark.

Toto sighed, and then followed wordlessly where the spirit led. It seemed to have a very clearly idea of where it was going, at least. Well... he supposed he'd just have to budge for now. It was not likely to give up so easily or so soon. "Just let me know when we're there." Since it was so determined, he'd listen for now. As if to answer his thoughts, however, the spirit abruptly stopped in front of what initially seemed to be a nondescript door. "Really? This is the one?"

"Dun dun dun da da!" Another, more rapid spark.

Well, he could take a hint. Reaching out, Toto gave a firm knock. "Hello? My friend's here for..." Well, he actually did know what. The spirit waited, hovering in the air, a single point of light that by times grew and shrank, glowing brightly in time with its music. Although it only had one series of notes it seemed to care for, it could be quite creative in the use of those notes. He hardly noticed that they seemed to be at the wrong door.

SilverLutz

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:05 pm
Perhaps if Lucrecio had emerged from their home a few moments sooner they'd have seen their next guest before they approached their home from the side, but as it was they were unaware of the curious duo. Bright eyes flicked from passerby to passerby as different centaurs walked down the road, chatting happily with one another. It was fun to simply watch, Luc had decided long ago. They had no trouble standing outside waiting for someone to-

A slightly muffled knock caused an ear to turn a bit towards the sound just in time to catch the call. Luc turned in surprise before making a slow path around the corner of the house. At their side door stood a centaur, bright enough to make Luc wonder how they'd missed such a bold pelt, and floating in the air...

"Oh," Lucrecio said, moving around the corner of the house, their eyes locked on the floating ball of light with wonder. "What a delight..." There was a brilliant smile on their otherwise calm face and it took a moment for Luc to look away from the spirit to focus on the centaur.

"I apologize, my friend, you seem to have found my side door. If you or...your friend...wish to enter, you may certainly do so through any way you find satisfactory." As they spoke their eyes wandered back to the floating light, watching with a mix of admiration and delight as it dimmed and brightened.

"I am Lucrecio." Were they talking to the spirit or to the centaur? It wasn't apparent. "You are very welcome here."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:17 pm

Ah. Of course he'd come to the side door. Well, perhaps the spirit had known that the house's owner would be able to find them. "Thank you, Lucrecio. I am Toto... and this is..." Hmm. He'd never been given a name for the spirit. Ah well. Nothing doing. "The spirit. It came here for some reason of its own. It wants you to do what you do, for it." Whatever that was. Obviously Toto had not been informed of what the purpose.

"Da dun dun da da da!" The spirit shone brightly, a tiny but bright spark and a vaguely spherical outline in the sky. Its texture had become crystalline and truly beautiful. Yes, it did deserve to be admired the way Luc was admiring it.

SilverLutz

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:40 pm
As the centaur - Toto - spoke, Lucrecio turned their gaze to focus on him fully. The way their eyes lit up as Toto confirmed the floating ball of light was in fact a spirit was hard to miss and it took every ounce of their willpower to keep their attention focused on Toto. Spirits were something Lucrecio absolutely adored though they rarely had any interactions with them beyond what they and the gods told them through the cards.

The way the spirit emphatically 'agreed' with Toto drew Luc's eyes off the centaur and to the spirit, a delighted smile on their lips. The spirit wanted a reading?

"My, what an honor," they said, clasping their hands together with delight. "I cannot say I've ever read a spirit before. Usually they are helping me to discern what the future holds for other mere mortals like ourselves." Here they flicked their gaze back to Toto, the excited smile dimming just a bit to something warm and welcoming.

"I will happily try my best for the spirit, though I will admit I am unsure how it may pose a question." They paused and glanced at the flashing orb once more, taking a few steps closer so they could open the door, the lights of the spirit reflecting in their eyes.

"Simply gorgeous," they murmured, resisting the urge to reach out and touch. That would be extremely rude, they were sure. They did extend their hand to open up the side door that swung inward to reveal a kitchen. Luc stepped back and motioned for the spirit and Toto to head inside.

"Straight through the curtains in the doorway just there," they said, motioning inside. "Make yourselves comfortable once you have done so." Even as they were given instructions Lucrecio was pondering how to communicate with the spirit. It had made a sort of sing-song sound but Luc wasn't sure what the noises meant. They supposed the tone might change depending on how the spirit felt, but they were hoping Toto would be able to translate a bit. It seemed he and the spirit were somewhat companions and it took a great deal of focus not to get jealous. How did one acquire a spirit? Luc would love nothing more than to have a spirit following them around as well.

Cheri

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff