Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:57 pm
User Image

Snow covered blankets obscured the flower fields outside his home. It was hard to balance the verdant fields against this silent white gentle slopes. In this particular moment, only the commonly tread paths showed any ground underneath. Just the pure beauty of it caught the stallion stilled for minutes. Almost frozen in place, his mind waxed purple prose over the scene.

Something going about the wings of owls and bunny noses before something clicked in his head. He might actually freeze if he kept standing the way he was. Shifting his double layer scarf, the crystal coated stallion finally started to move.

Knowing the area well enough, he moved surefooted against the snowy banks. There was no pausing for snow hoof deep or past the cannon. He did pickup his hooves to a higher prance when the snow got too high. His path was clear, headed to the thickets around the town looking for a few things needed for teas. His mother would surely enjoy the harvest.

Uta
Gotta set the scene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:50 am
The mare's wounds were on the mend, though scarring was the likely picture. She was still bandaged in places, and her arm was still in a wrap being tended to by Ravenna, but generally speaking she was going to make a full recovery, scars aside.

Emotionally, Qoaha wasn't entirely sure where she was.... She had grieved and mourned the loss of her family, her little herd, everything she had ever known; she had gone through bouts of anger, fear, and relived trauma of the strangers that had approached the lands. Sleep didn't come easy for her, but she did her best not to add to the burdens of those who so kindly kept her warm, safe, fed, and protected. Though Ravenna assured her she was safe here, Qoaha couldn't help but feel as if she was nothing but an omen, and that one day, sooner or later, those familiar monsters would find her in Nox Lunae and the same tragedy would unfold. Part of her told her to run, and keep running... but another part knew she was still safer in a herd than she was on her own.

Today, with the winter snow still clinging to the land, Qoaha had decided to brave a little walk. She didn't want to find another member of the herd to accompany her, or burden them, so she had donned a small shawl, and cautiously made her way out into the thickets. Everything was quiet and still, which was both soothing and anxiety inducing. Was it too quiet? ... no, there were still birds singing, and nothing seemed to indicate there was any danger afoot.

So, Qoaha moved carefully through, stopping and starting, and ready to flee at the first sign of danger. She was hoping to pick a few winter barks, herbs, and berries to bring back to the herd, to try to be useful. Unfortunately, she was so anxious, it was difficult to focus on the task at hand.

Oh, what was wrong with her?

It was then that she heard the sound of crunching snow, not far off ahead. Her body froze with terror, and once again, just as had happened with Atheron, the poor mare found herself going still. She knew she should run, hide, bolt, flee.... and yet, all she could do was tremble.

EvilSilverDragon
Sorry for the delay! Qoaha's now finally in a spot I can respond to this, bahaha.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:37 pm
Prancing forward, he practically glided by the unknown mare. He gave her a salute, two fingers against the side of his head then flicked forward. Smiling at her he greeted, "Well met, moonstone! Headed for the Jasmin berries? There a great selection up here. It makes excellent tea." She looked a bit cold and well on the rough side.

A great tea is the first step to a healing.

And a good story.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:02 pm

Qoaha could only stare in a moment's confusion at the stranger. He chattered easily at her, making some peculiar motion with his fingers, which had her brows knitting in confusion. She didn't recognize the gesture, and suddenly felt very ignorant about the world, and others.

Moonstone? Jasmin berries?

Qoaha gave the smallest of nods. Finally, with a little force, and a little anxious prance, she spoke. "Y-yes... I was hoping to do a little w-winter foraging." Of course, she didn't want the stranger to think that she was going to be competition and hastily added, "But I uh... I'm happy to head a different way," she added with an anxious flick of her teal tail. "Happy foraging to you, sir," she added, giving a little dip of her head.

There.

Now he wouldn't feel any obligation to linger or see her as a threat--the latter being far more important than the former. She wanted to be as small and as little a problem as possible. It was safer that way. Maybe. Ever alert, she averted her gaze from the colorful stallion, trying not to do anything that might result in upsetting him, or causing a problem. Gods, why couldn't she just relax anymore? Why was it so hard to function like a normal taur?

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:17 pm
Completely immune to that tactic, Maragdus waved her to follow as he high stepped forward a step, "Nonsense, moonstone, there are plenty of berries up ahead. The winter faeries do an especially good job. We'll have a cup as a treat over stories!" He gave her such a bright smile before doing what could only be described as a hop to move into the next bank of high snow.

There was a merry little tune in the air as he moved towards what had turned into a joint goal.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:38 am
Moonstone? She'd never been called something like that before, but she didn't mind the name. It wasn't as if the had swapped introductions, after all.

Part of Qoaha didn't want to bring down the mood, or disrupt the stallion -- but on the other hand, he seemed so bright, so merry, she didn't want to disappoint him, either. Perhaps he'd come to regret asking her to join him winter berrying, but it would at least help her get to her destination faster. He seemed to know the way, at least, and if she brought something back to Nox Lunae, perhaps she would look like she was helpful, useful even.

It was the least she could do after all the care they'd given her. While she still feared that the Nightstalker's would find her, would find this new herd--living in fear wouldn't stop it from happening if it did. So far, nothing had come of it... and today, she wanted to be brave and see if she could regain a little independence. Foraging with her family had always been something she'd love to do--though it was painful to do alone, to remember she was the only one alive, having a stranger along might help. It would distract her from her pain, the knowledge that she had no one.

"If uh.... If you'd like," she finally responded, hurrying to follow. He was so merry, so jolly. She tried to push her way through the heavy snow, before she had no choice but to follow his example. Though strenuous activity still hurt, she was determined to persevere. Her hop wasn't quite as graceful as his, or as effective, but she did her best, given her condition. "Is it... is it far?" She asked after a few hops. If it was a trek, maybe she wouldn't make it the whole way and she'd hate to hold him up.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:01 pm
With a deep chuckle, he waved to the thicket of snow blanketed bushes, tall Conifer trees and reaching willows, "Not far, three swishes of a dragon's wings should about do it." He grinned widely at her before looking back. While he didn't comment on the troubles she was having, he modified his high stepping to try and give her an easier path.

Jauntily, he explained, "This expedition is expected to net jewels of life, berries of tea, barks of relief and nectar of the spirits! If the tricksy fae did their due. Maybe a dragon or two~" Stories of his youth peppered his language. The grand quest laid out.

Wasn't a long quest, a few minutes more. All the more reason to make it grander!

Uta
One of these days, the research I put into my RPs will come in handy *knows more about winter foraging then she did at the rp start*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:30 pm
Qoaha peeked up at the sky, as if a dragon might appear at the mere mention. Of course, she found herself less concerned about the fantastical creatures than she did about fellow centaurs, but the awful herd that left her the sole survivor had her questioning who to trust. Thankfully, this stranger seemed far too jolly and easy going to be a threat.

"A perfect place then," she stated with a small smile. Everything he spoke of sounded like it would be beneficial for the herd, and she'd feel good about being able to give back to those who had cared, and still cared, for her and her health. It also gave her something to focus on... so she didn't have to think of everything she'd lost, and the great upheaval of her life.

Her eyes were still wide, and she was still very alert, but she did her best to keep up to the bright colored stallion. "I'm ... I'm Qoaha," she introduced herself, a little shyly. She had always been a bit demure and timid, even back in the comfort of her small family herd. Now, she felt more anxious than ever, but she also didn't want to be rude. She had to make a new start, and right now, she was taking her first small steps.

"I'm sure the wild fae and magical will grant us a bounty," she hastily added, if not a little belatedly. She didn't know the spirits and gods which traversed this part of the islands. She didn't want to offend any who might be lurking.

EvilSilverDragon
LOL I know nothing of foraging. I'm just like.../handwaves magic berries, woot You're better at researching than I am, for sure!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:55 pm
Happily humming along his path, he kept going with his new traveling companion. Scanning around the shielded treasure hoard ahead, he responded to her without missing a step, "Many treasured meetings,Qoaha. Truthfully a gem along the path." Looking back at her, he vibrantly described their meeting. Providing his own, he walked forward and bowed at the waste, "I am Maragdus, Maragdus Lycare." Straightening up, he just gave her a playful wave then a wide gesture to cornucopia ahead of them.

He leaned down to the Jasmin bush giving the closest thing to a serious look ever to grace this face. He even used a hand to stroke his beard as he 'evaluated' the bush. "They've been at work." He even took a berry and popped it in his mouth. Lip up to the left then the right as he chewed.

The serious look melted into a huge smile, "These onyx are perfect. The fae did their jobs flawlessly" He grabbed a small handful of ripe berries and held them out to her.

Uta
I try ^-^ when possible, I attempt to put what exists in our world into the magical ones.

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games