Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:45 pm
User Image
Tree cover of the densely wooded perimeter didn't allow for much snow to collect. Those breaks in the wood-line provided wide swaths of unprotected lands. Falling snow should have kept the land pristine no matter what movements passed hours before.

Only, it didn't. There was a near perfectly trotted line from tree line to frozen waters. Easy to walk paths with hoof impacted flat lands. Beside the pats were two lines. Something was being dragged at speeds.

No snow in the area to soften the impact of percussion allowed for a ringing thud from some direction. Shaking trees either marked the passage or reacted to future trauma.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:05 pm
User Image
Snow had fallen over much of the island, or at least, all the places Qoaha had roamed. She didn't mind the cold, or the snow, but she couldn't help but feel all the more exposed in the world without the thick, comforting, foliage of the woods. Nursing a quite obviouslyinured arm tenderly, the mare picked her way anxiously through the unknown lands.

She paused often, ears pricked to their fullest, as she listened. Though it had been weeks since her little band had been forcefully disbanded by the Nightstalkers attack, Qoaha had yet to find any of her kin. She was bruised and battered, and the gash on her arm was looking infected, but she carried on. She was anxious to settle or stop, too afraid of the night, and what monsters might bring with it.

In her heart, she was certain that her herd had not made it out alive--but she refused to think of it. Surely, they were just missing, never mind the slaughter she had witnessed, and barely escaped from herself.

Step by tender step, Qoaha froze when she heard some sort of commotion in the woods. Like a deer, she couldn't bring herself to run from the sound, even though she knew she should. But where could one like her hide? She was too tired, too sore, and fear had rooted itself deep in her heart. So it was, she stood, frozen and still, hoping that by some miracle she might not be seen, or the noise would pass. Her body was taught, and trembled--but whether it was from cold or fear, or both, remained to be seen.

EvilSilverDragon
Apparently she has reasons to be anxious. LOL

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:56 pm
The sun reflected brightly against the backdrop of snow. He had to squint against the glare as he raced hard. The harder he ran, the warmer he felt. Tensing muscles with his outstretched arms holding to balance his body with tight fists. Just those little tenses and changes in stature helped him keep firm as he thundered along his path. Snow seemed to give flight behind him as his determination fueled him on.

The bronze of her skin stood out against the stark white of the snow as the stallion made a breakneck turn around the snowbank.The black stripes of her coat breaking up the blended white.

Trouble was, there were only seconds to react. Two of those precious few seconds were needed just to kick his brain into recognizing what he observed was another centaur. A centaur frozen right in his path!

There was no time, it was either run right into her or eat snow.

Just one full stride away from being close enough to touch her, Atheron made a sharp, blind turn. His full power pulled to his rear legs. Pushing off harder on his right than his left, the stallion threw his whole upper body to the right. "WHOA!"

In what must have looked hysterical to anyone not aware, the dark coated stallion ended up almost completely planted into a snow bank. For the several moments he needed to gather himself, and realize he was now freezing, the snow bank had a purple tail and a black rump.

Jerking back, Atheron trotted backwards in high arching steps shaking his snow covered body off. His hand went up to rub through his hair as he turned to see her.

Still spinning, he could only mange, "I am so sorry, are you okay?" He was far too close to her, even with the evasive maneuvers his brain hadn't caught up to tell him to back up. It didn't escape him that this was now the fourth time he's almost run into a mare at full speed.

Uta
In an alternate universe he doesn't turn in time, RIP Qoaha ^.~

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:49 pm
Qoaha braced herself to be trampled and flung out of the way. With a surprised yelp she threw her hands up over head, and flinched hard, prepared for a harsh impact. However, instead of being trod over by a significantly larger stallion, instead, she looked up to find the poor creature tumbled into a nearby snow drift.

A new anxiety gripped her, as she feared the punishment that might be wrought for her foolishness. Her whole body physically trembled from the weight of her fear -- fear for her own life, now that of the stallion! Was he hurt? Was he injured? Worse, was his pride damaged and would she be ran out because of it? Oh, what a fool she was.

"S-sir?" She finally stammered, her own injured arm forgotten out of her anxiety of the other.

Thankfully, the gre and black stallion extricated himself from the snow. He seemed all right, but upon his approach she did take a few small steps back. She couldn't help herself -- he was a stranger, and while he was most likely not a Nightstalker, that didn't mean he'd be happy with her for not getting out of the way. "I'm sorry! Are you--Are you all right? I didn't mean to-- I hadn't thought-- I... I...." She stumbled over her words, unsure what even to say.

So it was, she dropped her gaze, and gave a small shake of her head. "Forgive me. I'm--" she wanted to say fine, but the gash on her arm, and bruises and scrapes upon her coat said otherwise. Perhaps Atheron wouldn't notice. "I'm f-fine," she finally spoke. "And you? You aren't injured, are you?"

It had been quite a tumble -- but focusing on someone else made the demure Qoaha at least feel useful, for all that it was her own damn fault in the stallion taking the fall in the first place. It let her forget about the nightmare and tragedy she was trying to outrun.

EvilSilverDragon
RIP Qoaha. AU-verse and Atheron's wanted for mowing down both forests and bystanders alike. A stallion on the run... which only ups the collateral damage, haha.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:44 pm
Snow packed his poor ears, muffling some of the soft spoken mare's voice. Another stiff shake of his head helped. At least he thought it did. Hearing and understanding her hit a bit of a wall. Did she think this was her fault? Atheron was going to correct her. Only he noticed her condition now.

Anything said was out to the winds. Something about his well-being? Hers was causing alarms, mental stallions running with their manes on fire in a small control room and indistinguishable yelling.

Moments of panic hit him harder than the snowdrift. Had he hurt her? Without asking like a proper stallion, he focused in on her injuries. Tilting his head to side he really studied the arm.

He hadn't hurt her, physically, but something had. Dancing back a pace, the stallion looked around. He was searching for signs of whatever had harmed her. She wasn't herd but that hardly mattered. His tail twitched actively, hooves shifting in place.

What to do? What to do? Ravenna! She'd know what to do! His hind muscles tensed ready to lead the way. Somewhere the few braincells reminded each other that his face was looking stony and he hadn't said anything.

Okay, how to fix that? Reaching into his pack, he pulled out a flower. "Here, for you" He offered with a full arms length out. What would Ravenna do? Be calm, gentle, non-intrusive. Right, he could do that. "You look like you've had a rough time. Will you let me take you somewhere safe? I know someone who will help!" Could and would turned out to be different things. His hand was still out towards her ready to move her somewhere safe.

Several steps a head for having just asked if she needed help.

Uta
Atheron logic "almost trampled a mare? Here flower!" Flower fixes all XP I want to hug Qoaha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Qoaha looked up in trepidation as Atheron remained stony faced and silent. She didn't begrudge him for being upset -- she had been the source of his tumble, and he had to be cold after body-slamming into the snowdrift. When he reached into his pack, she half-cringed, expecting perhaps some sort of punishment -- a curse, a thrashing -- so when he pulled out a flower she was absolutely dumbfounded.

She felt like the last time she'd seen flowers was ages ago. How long had she been running, how cold had the world been, especially after the Nightstalker attack? So it was, for a full moment she just stared, before tentatively, hesitantly reaching out with her good arm to take it. "Th-thank you," she stammered again, flower trembling in her fingers. "It's--" Tears began to well up, and she swallowed hard, forcing them away. So it was, her eyes simply looked all the brighter -- despite the lump in her throat.

The kindness was unexpected, and though a small thing, reminded Qoaha that not all was wrong in the world. "It's lovely," she finally remarked, gazing down at the flower. It felt so stark compared to the world around her -- something so beautiful against such a dark world. It took a moment for her to grasp the rest of his words, and her tail flicked anxiously.

Trap. It could be a trap.

But.... where else was she to go? Her arm ached, she was tired, cold, hungry, tried, and afraid. But what about the Nightstalkers? Would they find her? Would they be waiting? The thought of the monstrous herd almost had her start and flee, feeling like she wouldn't be safe if she stopped. But Qoaha wasn't completely naive -- she knew she couldn't run forever.

She clutched onto the flower, trying hard not to bruise its petals. "If it's no trouble," she finally spoke, apologetically. "I don't want to-- to keep you or put you out of your way," she softly explained. She'd already caused him quite a spill and still didn't know if he was okay. Thankfully, he seemed to have his wits about him, and she didn't see any notable injury.

EvilSilverDragon
Atheron needs some flower edits, for all he carries them around, haha.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:24 pm
Perking up, the stallion trotted in place as she took his gift and seemed to like it. Flowers had a great track record and this mare looked like she sorely needed a smile.

Those tears stilled him and a gray toned hand reached out towards her. She seemed to need comforting. But reaching out could scare her. Pulling back he fretted his hands closer to himself.

For one trying to help her with her weight, it was Qoaha that lifted one off of him. Smiling brightly, he clapped his hands together as softly as he could, "I am glad you like it! I belonged with you." The spirit of the greeting and the luck of pulling that particular one out surely meant it belonged with her.

Looking back the way he had come then towards a spot in the far distance, the dark coated stallion trotted back and forth in indecision. Did he lead and leave her vulnerable from behind. The banks could fall on her, something could come after her or another stallion charging through the woods. That last one was admittedly unlikely.

If he had her lead then she wouldn't know the way or might not feel comfortable with him behind her. What to do?

Maybe ask the mare in question? "Its no trouble. I'll take you Ravenna, she is the herd leader and one of the best you'll find. She'll help. You are in great hands." He gestured further towards the distance he was looking to earlier. Warmth and reverence reverberated with his words, a smile pulled out that couldn't be restrained.

If there was anyone anywhere that could help her, it had to be Ravenna, "You'll be in the best hands. A warm place to rest and good food will go a long way. I made a path that will help us get there." The gesture to the slowly snow whitened path still sharpy visible probably didn't need highlighting but there it was. He worked hard on keeping it well trod as a menace to the undergrowth. "Do you want to follow the path or me?" Explaining how he ran into the new mare would be interesting. At least it wasn't literally. Well not exactly literal.

He would have a fun time introducing her when he didn't even know her name."I am Atheron, what is your name?" It only took him too long to ask that question.

Uta
Its unbeatable logic "give a mare a flower and she won't yell" XD If I had arts skills I would make a "Almost run over by Atheron" club, not a lot of members but more its odd that it keeps happening.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:33 pm
Qoaha held the flower as tightly as she dared, pleased for the distraction. Where he found such a flower in the cold and snow she didn't know, but then, the Chimera Island was magical, and not every flower needed warmth to bloom. The stallion was a stranger, yes, but he certainly wasn't anything like the Nightstalkers that had cut down her small herd and family.

"If you're certain I won't be a bother," she stated softly. She had always been a gentle spirit, and didn't wish to ail others with her troubles. This poor stranger was already going above and beyond for her -- though if his herd was anything at all like him, she was certain they would not turn her out so quickly. The poor teal haired mare was still in shock from everything that had happened, so the sooner she had a place to truly rest and heal, the better.

"Perhaps...perhaps..." She tried to think what she might prefer. She would have preferred to walk together, perhaps with him a little ahead. However, if the path was too narrow, she much preferred someone to lead. "If you don't mind leading I... I will simply follow c-close behind." She was eager to be off the road, and while there was no indication the Nightstalkers were hunting her, or had even noticed she'd slipped away, the sooner she was in different lands and different territory, the better.

"You really are too kind, too good," she spoke, words nothing but gracious. "It's good to meet you, sir Atheron. I'm Qoaha... last living member of the Swiftwind Herd." She hated to say it, but she knew in her heart it was true. She had seen what they had done to them, and how she managed to get away with her life was a miracle. Surely, it was something the gods had wished...though she almost wished it wasn't so. She was alone now -- and no longer had a home.

Qoaha doubted the stranger knew of her herd. It had been mostly a familial band, with few members, and nothing striking to note. They had lived in the hills far south of her current location, and she had run for days hardly without stopping. The land was unfamiliar, the scents, the colors, the names, and the snow -- but she was here now, and with luck,the Nightstalkers would stay far to the south.

EvilSilverDragon
I promise I haven't forgotten our other RP! I figure I'll start it after Qoaha gets a little more settled in this one. :3 Since I started her out in such a rough place, haha.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:05 pm
There was nothing he could be more certain of then the decision to bring her to Ravenna. If anything, should he have left or chased her out then the mare would be disappointed in his action. Few things he dreaded more than to disappoint her.

Standing still, the chill of the air was starting to get to even the warmblooded stallion. Secretly he was glad she had decided so the pair could start moving. Moving is a secret for warming up. With a nod of respect for her choice, Atheron backed up a safe distance. Tensing up his hind muscles, the stallion reared up enough to make an easy high turn. The acrobatics, as it were, felt preferable to a snow 'ice bath' on his cannons.

"Stay close and let me know if you are having any troubles. We'll stop and rest any time you need it. This path will lead us to the thicket ahead, from there is veer right and we'll be there in no time." Looking down the path he had come, the stallion mused that his trampling habit would come in handy this time. Perhaps a bit too amused, he told her, "The path is clear and low, you won't find any hazards." Anything that could have tripped her found itself long trampled. Well besides his favorite jumping obstacle but those were away from the inner paths.

He started moving, slow easy steps. This was a far cry from his easy canter and favored gallop. Not exactly trusting he wouldn't lose her or miss signs she needed more support, Atheron turned his body enough to keep and eye on her progress. There was a hand ready to reach out the moment she asked for it.

Being surefooted enough to walk without watching where you were going proved to be a helpful side effect of making said paths.

Her words absolutely went to his head. The knowledge he was helpful to another put a little more pep in his trot.

As she gave her name, he started to compliment it. The name was very unfamiliar to names he was used to, but still lovely. His words died before they could be given birth as she gave her situation. Between her obvious injuries and the revelation, it was easy to draw the conclusion that her situation came about with violence.

That put him on edge. Could what ended her herd have followed her? There was no chance he was going to reject her, but the alert had sounded. His voluntary patrol schedule just got doubled for the foreseeable future.

A debate raged about asking her what had taken out her herd and waiting. The poor mare was obviously hurting and bringing it up didn't feel right. That feeling went to war with the protective instinct to know the threats.

Finally, something settled him down enough to focus on what was most important in the moment. Her. "I am sorry we must meet under such heavy tidings." Bringing his left hand up to his right shoulder he repeated something he's known since foalhood, "May the Spirits of the Earth embrace your herd in peace." The phrase and prayer and response to comfort came from his old life. This herd had its own ways to honor and comfort. She'd find no better than the Moon Priestess.

Now if he could just get her there without eating his hoof, that would be its own miracle.

"I am thankful the spirits sent us on each other's paths, Qoaha. You'll be under our protection and find rest." Food and compassion also in abundance within the small but mighty group. As long as she was in the herd lands, he'd ensure she was safe with all his might, as he defended the herd.

Uta
I understand, gotta establish her current condition before starting the next one! smile Did you want to pull Ravenna into this or end once they reach the tree and her hut?

Atheron first brings her a flower, then a feather, now an injured Mare. He escalated quickly XDD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:10 pm
Qoaha followed the stallion, sticking as close to him as she dared. She worried with every passing breath that something would go wrong, that somehow she'd bring harm to those who had terrorized her band and ultimately brought about their doom... but she was cold, and hurting, and desperate.

Would she be safe? Would they accept her? Oh, she felt like a horrible burden already, and every step she took had her questioning whether she should simply turn around and bolt! Thankfully, her indecision and trepidation meant she made no hasty action at all -- just as she had frozen in the path as Atheron burst forth, so she was all but frozen with what to do. So she followed, wary, but already feeling some relief knowing that if anything did try to get her.... she was not alone.

Atheron was not at all like those of her small family, but he seemed kind. Was kind. So she focused on his words, and though her eyes grew misty at his prayer, she did not cry. She swallowed the lump in her throat, and focused only on the path ahead. "They must be at peace now," she softly spoke. The horror, the chaos, the fear that had gripped her, had gripped her family when the Nightstalkers came.... the suffering they went through was no more their burden. Surely, death had been a kindness after that night of terror and pain. They had been relieved of the burdens of the world... and it was Qoaha alone who carried the trauma, the guilt, the fear. Perhaps that was the price of survival.

Ah, but the mare would not think of them so. Not here. Not now. She didn't want to think of them, for the pain that bubbled up sharper and deeper than the bruises, cuts, and gashes she so clearly wore.

"The spirits are being kinder now," she confirmed, though her words were a bit strained. The spirits....the spirits... It was hard not to have felt abandoned by them, but what had she expected? She knew that the gods played their games and the mortals were but pawns. But that didn't mean she couldn't regret that no one had come to their aid during such a time of need. Instead, the gods had simply sat back and watched with callous interest, she was certain of it.

Perhaps they were trying to make amends now. "Truly though I... I do thank you for this. A little water, a little rest and I'll... I'll be on my way," she assured, certain they would not want her there for long.

EvilSilverDragon
Sorry for the delay! I'm fine with either -- we can wrap it when he makes it to Ravenna's hut, or we can let it go longer and I can bring in Ravenna. Just depends what you prefer! I figure she'll be part of the Moon Herd for a little while... whether or not she stay long term will just depend on how her story goes, haha.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:02 am
He picked up her word cadence when the spirits were brought up. The proud flagging of his tail draped down as the stallion mentally kicked himself. After all she had been through, her view of the spirits may be different than his own or his herds. The Herd of his origin saw the spirits as more passive and stead like the Earth or wild and impartial like the wildlife.

This herd embraced the Moon as a loving, warm presents that Blessed them. Admittedly it was hard to separate the Moon with Ravenna, giving all her remarkable character traits to the Moon itself.

There was nothing he knew about Qoaha and her own relationship with the spirits. To have not saved her herd must have felt like a cruel betrayal. That was, if her herd even saw the Spirits as beings in their lives or gods to play with fate. Its possible that they were an abandoned faith by the time the horror visited them.

There was a whole conversation involving her rolling though his head. The stallion didn't think to actually verbalize it so Qoaha could be involved.

Anxiety did him no favors, just encouraged his hooves to pick up higher. The trot became almost a dance. The protective side of his nature pulled him to run, to get to the borders and look out for the trouble that may have wanted to finish what it started. Qoaha was innocent in that fear.

He also couldn't leave until she was safe and cared for.

Time flows differently when stuck in your own head. The central tree came into view, Ravenna's restorative nook seeming to glow in the distance. Beckoning them home.

Finally pausing in front of it, he turned again to the injured mare. He still gave her a smile and a hand reached out. Though respectful of her trauma, he didn't try to move any nearer to her. It was her pace or none at all. "You'll find what you need here, for as long as you need." Of that he was certain.

Knocking on the door, Atheron called out to the occupant he hoped was inside, "Ravenna, I ran into someone who needs your help." Then he waited, a confident, protective puppy in the form of a proud and strong centaur stallion.

Uta
I'd love to have it go just a little longer. Purely for the amusement of Ravenna's reaction. Qoaha story could go in several directions. Shadowstar would absulutly try to pull her into the 'Rage against the Heavens' revenge squad XP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:27 pm
Qoaha swallowed hard as Atheron lead her deeper into the herd lands. It was clear she was in another's territory, for she saw signs of life amid the nature, and could smell the scents of strangers nearby. She didn't know which herd this was, or even where she was -- everything was different from her homelands...

But she had no homelands anymore. The Nightstalker's had ensured that. She still feared she was doing nothing but pulling these new faces into danger, certain that she was being hunted, tracked... But one couldn't blame her for being scared and paranoid. She couldn't possibly know the ravagers had long set their sights on other herds as they stole lands, resources, and made sacrifices to their gods of war.

If she came to stand a bit closer to Atheron, tea tail giving a small anxious shake, she couldn't help herself. He was the first sign of safety she'd met, and she was worried about meeting this other, this... Ravenna. The tree before here seemed large, and whoever lived within was clearly someone of importance. Was this stranger sure she'd be welcome? And trouble might be hard upon her heels?

So it was, she glanced anxiously behind her, as if the ravagers might appear with swords drawn and magic hissing at their fingers.

It didn't take but a moment for Ravenna to open the door. The teal haired mare looked up immediately and beheld the dark haired, purple touched mare.

"Atheron," Ravenna started, looking first at the stallion, before her eyes fell on Qoaha. It took but a moment for her to see that the striped mare was battered, bruised, and bloodied -- and her eyes immediately fell onto her arm. "Please, come in, both of you," she encouraged, stepping aside so they might enter her sanctuary.

"I'm Ravenna," she introduced herself to Qoaha, words soft, even as her brows knit with concern. "You needn't be frightened. I'm a High Priestest of the Moon, and leader of Nox Lunae -- come out of the cold, and I can help tend you." She didn't want to push the mare into something she was uncomfortable with, but she also didn't know how long the strangers injuries had been exposed to the elements.

"Atheron, might you warm some water over the fire? I need some in a bowl, and another in a cup, for tea -- you can use the blend in the pouch there," she directed with a nod. For indeed, well within the tree was hollowed out enough space for a small fire to be lit. It was protected by stones, sand, and any smoke was pulled out through hollows of the tree... and indeed, the tree itself seemed to be alive, and protecting itself of its own magic. There was a kettle with water nearby, and a few stacked bowls of various sizes -- and though it was often used for teas or brews, it would come in handy helping this other.

She wanted the girl's story, but also Atheron's. No doubt the stallion would want to be on his way again soon, but until Qoaha was settled, she could use his assistance in the mean time. "Here," she encouraged Qoaha, reaching up top pull down a thick, fur-lined blanket and gently, with the others permission, settled it carefully around her shoulders and back. "Warm yourself."

Qoaha, herself, stepped anxiously within, looking between one and the other. She bit her lower lip, feeling more like a bother than ever... but being out from the cold air, and protected within, made her feel all the more at ease. Swallowing hard, she accepted the proffered blanket, even as her legs finally buckled beneath her.

So she layed down, body beginning to shiver all the more now that she wasn't running on pure adrenaline. Perhaps the shock was catching up to her. "Th-thank you... Thank you both," she spoke.

Ravenna made little work, grabbing a few bowls and picking out various herbs, as well as a few premade and purchased tinctures. She knew some basic healing, and wanted to clean out the girl's wounds, as well as spread some salves over her bumps and bruises. She also wanted to ensure the other had food, and drink -- so was also preparing her a small plate of dried fruit, a little cheese, and bread. Who knew when she last ate?

EvilSilverDragon
Bahahaha. I don't think Qoaha's quite vengeful enough to rage against the heavens. She's a bit shook and traumatized right now. She's not anti-spirits, she just... is feeling some major survivor's guilt, and is just upset because it all felt so senseless. She might just wind up staying with the herd, unless her story takes her elsewhere. LOL At minimum, she'll be a long-term guest while she heals physically and emotionally.

... though I now need to contemplate these Nightstalkers. :V Just an awful, awful herd.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:40 pm
Every fibre if his being called to return to his patrol. The danger that ravaged poor Qoaha could be out there nipping at the heels of his Herd. However, the moment Ravenna bid him, he moved. Qoaha knew him enough, their Priestess was unknown to her. Just taking off to leave her on her own, even if this was the farthest place from danger, wasn't sitting right.

Still, he did wait until both mares were safety inside before joining them.

He was awkward, shifting each hoof at a time unsure what to do with himself. The answer came at Ravenna's grace. Taking to the direction, the stallion moved the kettle over the fire. While it warmed, he retrieved the pouch. Placing it near by, he tried to grab the bowls. One bad grab and the neat stack started to lean over threatening to fall.

Panic hit the stallion and he over corrected. The stack hit the side of the hut. In his own ears it sounded like the loudest thunder. With full embarressment, he could only offer the large smile of overcompensating for a mishap. With a throat clearing, he tried to go back to his task like nothing had happened.

Testing the water time and again, he got to where it felt hot but not boiling. Boiling seemed to work better for steeping teas then bandaging wounds. Still hot enough to steam, Atheron first walked with the most ginger steps, as close to soundless as he'd ever been, to put the bowl very carefully on a work station nearby. Even once down he still worried over it, anxious not to cause a mess of it.

Backing up as carefully as he could, his bulk knocking a table but otherwise leaving everything unharmed. Putting the blend into the cup, he added the hot water to it and likewise delivered the cup to the space beside the bowl.

Biding Qoaha to drink too soon just didn't seem to be the best plan. Instead, he stationed himself back by the kettle to watch over it in case she needed more hot water, or hie messed something up. The latter was very possible.

Uta
Atheron is living up to a bull in a china shop,anxious boy XD Good thing for the both of them Ravenna's there!

Truly awful herd, a one eyed mercenary might need a contract!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:10 pm
Where Qoaha jumped and jerked with surprise at the jarring of the bowls, Ravenna remained stilled and focused. She had come to settle herself next to Qoaha, and was more closely assessing her wounds. Her arm had the worst of it, from what Ravenna could see, but there were a few other deep wounds and scratches she wanted to care for and clean out.

"Will you let me look at your arm?" She asked.

Qoaha did so, albeit hesitantly.

Ravenna was grateful for Atheron's presence, and his help. Even though he seemed a bit out of place in her space, the bowl of water he set down allowed her to get to work. "Please, great moon and spirits of the night, bless this water, bless this salve, and bless this mare so she might be healed. If it be your well, then let it be." It was a small blessing, but on she wanted to give. Whether or not Qoaha would heal any faster would be well and truly u to the gods.

So, she made quick work, tending to the wound; she washed out the wound as best she was able. "This should help number the pain," she explained, chopping the leaf off a small, blue plant, and letting it ooze some sort of pale-blue liquid. "Iceweed is good for that," she spoke, voice gentle, soft, calm. She was able to wrap the young mare's arm up with bandages, and encouraged her to drink the tea which Atheron had kindly poured.

"This will help calm your nerves. Breathe in the steam, drink slowly. I'm not going to step out for a moment, collect some snow to help ice some of your wounds. Just rest for now. You're safe."

Rising from where she had folded her legs beneath her, Ravenna turned towards Atheron and gave a small gesture, inviting the stallion to follow. She took a small bowl with her, so she might scoop some of the ice right outside her stood.

Once outside, she waited for the stallion, so she might have a word. "Thank you for bringing her to me. I do believe she's still in shock," she explained, stepping just far enough away from her home so the striped mare need not hear.

"If you don't mind making a few extra sweeps in the next few days, I think it might be best." She still didn't have the girl's story, but she would get it--ever she'd rested, healed, and ready to talk.

EvilSilverDragon

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:36 pm
As he direct tasks ended, Atheron stood to watch. There wasn't a lot of what Ravenna did that he understood. Even so, he was always interested in her work. Anything she used got filed away as things to look for. Success of that filing system may vary.

His tail kept flicking from side to side as he tried to remain focused instead of staring at the door.

Keyed in as he was, the smallest gesture called to him immediately. He followed without hesitation, eyes on her as she spoke. "I am glad I found her, she found the perfect shelter from her storm." Also glad he didn't flatten her the first moment he happened upon her. Reminded of one of their previous conversations, blessings come to those that find the Moon's Priestess.

Immediately snapping to, the stallion empathically agreed, "Absolutely. I will make the sweeps. If she is settled I can start right now." Leaving Ravenna's company didn't list high on his favorite things to do. Patrolling and keeping his little herd safe ranked high on important duties. Always a balancing act.

Looking back at the hut, he asked her, "Please let me know if she gives a description of what destroyed her herd." Somewhere he missed that Ravenna wasn't there for the beginning conversation, stead just trotting metaphorically along.

Uta

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces