Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:40 pm
User Image

Neria sailed through the sky, her wings out stretched at either side as she glided preparing for the moment she would wind down in to a spiral and practice the same tactical manoeuvre that she had been trying to master for the past week. It hadn't proven easy, or natural to her but she persisted. Neria wasn't one to bow to failure nor would she accept it. Even while the sweat on her forehead dripped from anticipation, and not beneath the fear of it going so wrong she could never recover from it, she entered the death spiral. Wooden sword in hand she held it close to her chest and dived head first in to a spinning motion, once she neared the vicinity of the canopy, she let her wings flair to her sides.

She was almost certain she had nailed the move until her back hooves clipped a roaming tree branch and she shrieked in surprise, hailing to the ground with an unholy thud, followed by a stream of ploughed earth. She was a little shocked and dizzy to say the least, her once beautiful, bright and gleaming coat now stained mud-coloured. She raised her hand to shield her eyes from the brightness of the sun worming it's way through the tree leaves above and gave an exasperated sigh.

Yet another failed attempt. She could only hope no one had seen her hit the earth in such a fashion or she may have been too embarrassed to ever live it down.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm
User Image

His day had been shaping up to be a quiet, peaceful one. With one pouch of little tree seedlings, with roots carefully wrapped in a damp cloth to allow the ranger a full day of planting without having to worry about the tender shoots drying out, Dantalion had been making rounds, assessing forest density, surrounding tree health, among other factors for finding the best places for planting the little trees all the while basking in the relative calm around him. The one tool he had with him was a dibble bar taken from one of his cached chests, just enough to make a hole deep enough for the seedlings and he'd use his hands to fill in the holes and a bit of gentle tamping down with a hoof to finish the process.

Dan had been doing just that when the sounds of snapping branches and a heavy thud of an impact broke the quiet of forest. That didn't sound like a tree falling, nor was he near enough to a significant rock outcropping or rise for it to be some sort of landslide or rocks falling. It hadn't been far off at that, whatever it was. Tucking the handle of his tool into his belt, Dantalion quickly heading in the direction of the source of the noise. It wasn't ongoing, so it had been a one off. Had something fallen from the sky? Bigger than a bird from the sound of things. His brows were knit together low on his forehead, a mix of alarm and concern.

He spotted the sunlight filtering through the space roughly punched through the canopy first, some leaves still spiraling toward the ground. Following the light down to the disturbed forest floor below, his eyes widened and his face softened at seeing a dirt and mud smeared, winged taur climbing up from the furrowed earth. Gods and spirits, someone had fallen from the sky! She was moving well enough, so no very obvious broken bones. That was good, unless she was in shock. He couldn't tell from what height she had fallen, but if she had been going fast enough to skid as she had, the blessed centaur had to have been going fast at least.

"Ahhh," Dantalion began by way of making his presence known, his tone clear enough to carry, though initially a little rough due to this being the first time he had spoken above a whisper or sub conversational volume all day. "Excuse me. Miss? Are you alright?" He kept a respectful distance, consciously removing his hand from the handle of the tool in his belt, holding his dirt smudged hands up, palms out before him. Dan didn't want to risk startling her if she was rattled. After her fall, to have a random elaphotaur with his own blessing or cursed features (depending on who you asked) suddenly in close, he didn't want her to lash out. "Please, do you need assistance?"

Candle Wick Ghost

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:21 am
Neria pushed against the churned earth beneath, clambering back to her hooves. She out-stretched her right back leg, then her left, followed by her front ones before fluttering each pair of wings to see if anything had been damaged that she hadn't originally felt from the immediate impact. Her eyes wandered to take in the presence of the ornamented elaphotaur, casting him an appreciative smile that he had come to investigate the scene rather than having fled or turned a blind eye in fear that it may have been some kind of perceived threat.

Other than the soreness of the side she had skid across the floor on she seemed to have had a lucky escape from anything incredibly serious though she wasn't shy of scratches and scrapes, having already sustained a few from previous misadventures. She brushed her hands across the dirt smeared across her coat and body out of habit more than it's effectiveness and then turned her attention back on the other, noticing the palms he held up were also covered in earth.

"Have you been digging?" She asked curiously before nodding in response to his offer of assistance. "If you wouldn't mind... Could you give me a once over?" She twisted her body slightly to look once more but it wouldn't hurt to have another pair of eyes further inspect her for injuries she might not have noticed at first glance.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:22 am
Dantalion remained where he was for the time being, letting the centaur do whatever checking over she needed to before addressing him. He offered a nod when she gave him a acknowledging smile, echoing a small one of his own.

Her question caught him off guard. Blinking with a curious arch of his brows, he looked down at himself, his previous task having flown from his mind at possible crisis. First his gaze fell to his dirty hands, then drifting to the tool at his hip, then to the pouch at his other hip which contained the bundle of bitty saplings. "Oh," Dan gave a short chuckle, absently wiping his hands on his shirt to get the worst of the dirt off of his hands. "Yes." Taking a half step sideways, he lifted the flap of the pouch that contained his cargo to show her the little spindly plants. "I've been planting trees, or what will hopefully become trees if I've been careful with my planting and if the local fauna don't decide these little guys would make for a good, quick snack." Letting the pouch flap drop closed, he straightened at her question to assist with a once over. "Mm, of course!"

Drawing a little closer, Dan carefully watched how she moved and shifted but paused before closing the distance when a thought occurred to him and put a hand on his chest. "Oh, do forgive me. I'm Dantalion. May I approach? Are you feeling any pinching or pulling anywhere? Any sharp pain in movement? Aside from the branches, did you hear or feel any pops or snaps?" Broken bones didn't have to pierce skin to still be a problem, but she seemed to getting around alright at the moment. "I personally don't have a frame of reference for falling from the skies, but I know I'd be rattled...If I may ask, what happened?"  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces