[PRP] Jingle Bells (Bublé x Séan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:19 pm
User ImageThe festive time around the solstice had come and gone but Bublé wasn't quite ready to let it go. It was his favorite time of year, what with all the merriment and food and fun on the darkest day of the year. True, the sun was slowly starting to stay up later and later, but the winter after the solstice was quite a drag. He felt like the cheer around the holiday needed to be extended through the cold and dark of the winter right up until spring started to peek through the chill.

So, despite the fact that most other centaurs were hunkered down in their homes or shuffling through the towns with dreary looks on their faces, Bublé continued to wear his bells along with his heavier clothing for the cold. He'd see a smile here and there as the merry jingling reached other centaurs ears and he was more than happy to be the bright spot in that stranger's day. He hummed as he walked, heavy hoofs falling in time to the song he was singing in his mind.

Finally he reached his destination, the inn where he'd been staying for the past few days. As a singer he roamed from town to town, performing where he could to make some coin. This time of year he usually would hit up old favorite spots of his, places he could sing for his supper and get a discount on a room. Bublé had been a patron at this particular inn for years now and the owner knew him well. He was always welcome here whether or not he was looking to make a bit of money which was a bit of a breath of fresh air.

He wasn't performing tonight but that didn't mean he wasn't going to mingle. There were a few other 'taurs and passers by near the bar and two of the tables were occupied by larger parties. He sidled up to the bar in a free space and smiled at the elaphotaur taking orders behind it.

"Evenin'," he said, his bells shaking merrily as he tugged off his scarf from underneath them. "The usual, please." He settled in, one hind leg bending to rest just the tip of his hoof on the floor, relaxing into his space.

S1lversong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:53 am
User Image Séan yawned slightly as he paced through the streets of town, his mind mulling over what to do that evening. It had been a relatively normal day, opening up his small coffee shop early that morning, then closing in early afternoon. After that, he'd had several errands to run, but now... He wasn't quite ready to go home just yet. The streets seemed fairly quiet, most people huddling up in their houses to get away from the cold. Personally the cooler temperatures didn't bother Séan, maybe something to do with how large he was, his own body heat being enough to combat the elements.

Glancing around, he spotted lights in a nearby building, and a few centaurs going in and out. Ah... The Inn. Thinking about it for just a moment, he eventually shrugged to himself. Might as well stop in for a drink and maybe some food before heading home. Why not?

Pushing the door open, he made his way through the light crowds up the bar... No need to take up a table all by his lonesome. He noticed another larger centaur nearby as he waved toward the barkeep to get his attention. While he waited, he couldn't help but eye the mostly white male out of the corner of his eye. He was quite... Striking, with his bright colors and bells.

SilverLutz

S1lversong
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:52 pm
It didn't take long for the bar tender to return with a mug of warmed cider and Bublé thanked them with a smile and some extra coin for a tip. He lifted the mug to his lips and took a sip, the hot beverage warming him from the inside out. He gave a sigh of satisfaction as another customer got comfortable at the bar, the movement drawing his attention.

The newcomer was a lovely blend of natural tones with a few bright pops of color on his flank. Snowflakes, Bublé realized with a little grin. It was hard not to appreciate anything that had to do with his favorite time of year even if it was markings on a stranger's fur.

"Hey there," he said as the stranger glanced his way, their eyes connecting briefly. Bublé was never one to shy away from meeting new people, sometimes to the dismay of the person he was meeting. But hopefully this fellow was up for a chat at the very least. Being alone at the bar was basically begging for someone to initiate a conversation, right?

"Love your snowflakes," he said with a wink and a smile, tipping his cider towards the other 'taur in a little toast. "Festive all year 'round, just like me!"

S1lversong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:01 am
Séan relaxed into the atmosphere of the bar, letting his gaze roam over the other patrons for a moment - before a nearby voice pulled him from his thoughts. He glanced back toward the voice, and smiled slightly when he saw who was talking to him. "Yes indeed," he replied, voice a low pleasant rumble. He looked more closely at the other now. "Your stripes are very striking... And the sound of bells is always good, I think." After a, one compliment deserved another, didn't it?

Quickly getting the bartender's attention, he said in a quick aside, "I'll have a cider as well, please." It smelled good, what could he say?

Turning back toward the stranger, he held out a hand. "The name's Séan. Haven't seen you around town before now, what brings you to the area?"

SilverLutz

S1lversong
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:56 pm
"Why, thank you," Bublé said with a grin, reaching in to return the handshake, his bells jingling gently from the movement. He enjoyed wearing them year round to remind him of the colder months and the joy the festivities brought but he knew they could be grating to some. Others had asked him how he could stand the noise but he honestly felt strange without them.

"Bublé," he said in return as Séan introduced himself. "Oh, I come and go all over the place. This is a favorite spot when I'm in the area, the owner and I go way back. I have my routes that I take from town to town and this time of year I usually end up here." He took a sip of his cider before giving the other stallion a grin.

"Traveling musician's my game, you see. Not good for business to stick around in one spot for too long. People get used to you and stop tipping as generously as they do when you're only around for a week or two."

S1lversong

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff