Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:21 pm
It had been a couple days, and Qoaha had been staying within Ravenna's abode. The mare was healing from her physical injuries, but there was a certain amount of mental pain and trauma that Ravenna wasn't sure she'd be able to touch. It would take time and security to heal that great loss... but she had encouraged Qoaha to stay in Nux Lunae. Perhaps not permanently, if the mare didn't wish to remain, but at least until she was ready to decide what to do.

As for the rest of the herd, she had made sure that they were aware to be on guard if they left the herdlands, but otherwise, didn't wish to incite a panic. Qoaha had been able to tell her of the rogue herd that had decimated her home. They called themselves Nightstalkers and they were nothing but bullies, thugs, and hellions, as far as Ravenna was concerned. Terrorizing others, hurting those weaker than them, and doing what they pleased. They were deadly, to be sure, but neither Qoaha nor Ravenna seemed to know much more.

Perhaps she'd need to go into town sometime and see if there was any noted information about this band. However, she wanted to wait until Qoaha felt more settled. For now, she wanted to stock up on certain healing herbs and plants, since she had run through some of her stock helping the striped mare. She didn't want to send another out on the errand, especially after warning them about the possibility of an attack. So it was, the mare had bundled herself up in a black fur, and with a satchel, a few tools, and a small hatchet, she hurried out one morning to leave Nox Lunae and its lands.

The herbs she needed weren't far from where the herd settled, but it would take most of the day to get there, pick what she needed, and return. With winter still gripping the island, there was a good chance she wouldn't return until well past dark.

Though she had let Aiolos know of her whereabouts, she had no intention of causing trouble or worry. She'd be back before long. Though she hated to be out during the morning and afternoon hours, the plants would be in best bloom under the sunshine. So it was, she hurried forth down a familiar trail, and headed out of the herd lands. She'd be quick about it, and careful, but she didn't want to cause anyone any additional trouble or worry. The herd needed the plants, and she didn't trust this with just anyone.

Sneaking through the underbrush carefully, Ravenna made her escape.

RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:00 pm
Patrols took on a whole new meaning after Qoaha walked into his path. The racing laps around once served as much as entertaining exercising as it did patrolling. sailing through the woods served as a small joy in his life. Simple pleasure of running, jumping, traveling. It bordered on carefree.

Sensitive to their guest, Atheron tried to visit between rounds just to check up on Qoaha and Ravenna.

After that, it was back to the hard trail kicking out further to create a larger barrier between his herd and potential threats. Rounding a bend, he found his first threat.

Pausing a short while off, the stallion stared down the back of a stranger. In the sun rays, all he saw was black, from the tail to to the furred covered body. It should make sense, wearing fur in the winter's grip, but Mister Blood-runs-hot, was only struck by the wild appearance.

Could this be one of the nightstalkers? Out looking for the last surviving herd member no doubt. Will, it couldn't have her or anyone else in his herd!

Racing from the side, he barreled towards the stranger leaping in their path. Tensed with adrenaline, he stood taller and broader as he challenged the centuar in his path, "Halt!" His voice close to booming, winter still air helping to carry it better than intended.

That intended intimidation factor deflated halfway through his next sentence, "Name yourself and your intention...s." That wasn't a stranger. Oh he messed up, he messed up badly. With his heart dropping to his stomach, Atheron registered that it was Ravenna herself, the wild appearance stemming from her fur for warm.

All tension fled from his body, his muscles relaxing to the point he seemed to shrink, an over correction. "Ravenna! My apologies..." Trying to get his brain to catch up with itself, he pulled out the only thing he had in his gathering sack to offer her. The down turned purple flowers with deep purple to black berries were collected for a reason.

Only belatedly did he remember the saying he had learned as a colt 'purple bells, back berries, the death bells tells.' Thats why he grabbed it, to get it away from the herd lands.

Quickly, he tried to hide it as if he had never offered it. Imagine, offering one of the most precious centaurs he knew death berries.There was still nothing coherent going on upstairs, one panicked over-correction to another.

Dancing in place he tried again, "Its lovely to see you,,out here?.." There was an upturn to his tone, confusion as to why she was this far out in the day no less."Can I get something for you?" Was this something he was supposed to know about? Planned outing? With the potential danger on the horizon, the idea she was out here by herself raised its own additional panic.

Uta
A sliiight miscalculation on his part XP

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:30 pm
Ravenna hadn't realized she'd been followed or sighted until, quite suddenly, a large figured leaped out in front of her! She didn't consider herself a flighty mare, or one easily spooked, but she couldn't help but rear-back and up at Atheron's very sudden appearance. Between his looming form, his booming voice, and the in-charge attitude he possessed, Ravenna was very much so startled. She threw herself back so hard that the cape she'd had tucked around her shoulders fell off and fell into a pile of furs behind her.

It was only then that she realized who was speaking to her... Especially as his form shrank and he began to apologize and stammer.

Though she'd been alarmed, she wasn't upset or angry -- though her heart was racing. In fact, he even reached in to offer her a flower -- a flower that she recognized immediately as a belladonna. Before she had a chance to take it though, he quickly snatched it back, as if it wasn't there. It was clear he was embarrassed, or at least, unsure of himself, and she took a few anxious steps herself, just to get rid of her own surprise.

She reached out a hand to lay it against his arm, hoping to steady his nerves, and his prancing. She smiled at him, and gave a small shake of her head. "My, but you gave me a shock," she chuckled, not at all put off. "I didn't realize my exit had been spotted. I was on my way to pick up a few herbs and plants, to refill my stores--and I didn't want to task it on another as it is a bit of a journey. What of you? Still patrolling?" She asked, knowing well the answer.

When wasn't Atheron on duty? While she appreciated his vigilance, she did hope he was making time for himself and for other hobbies or at least rest and relaxation.

RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:28 am
He immediately calmed at her touch, stilling while his racing thoughts started to settle. Her every word received fully attention.Most of her words brightened his expression, the knowledge that this was a planned exit and he didn't know did bring down the brow a bit. Naturally she was free to go where she willed, but knowing she was out there by herself? Well that didn't settle great on the stallion.

Mentioning of the her plant brought to mind the plant he at rudely tried to offer her. Bringing it back he told her, "All I found was a growth of deathbells." The only word he knew for the plant. At least one lesion from his matriarch settled from the foal days, "In my old herd, offering these was a grave insult. I apologize for offering those on accident." Giving deathbells was the equivalently of telling someone to join the Sky Herd. Never in his life could he imagine that. This was the first time he was caught unawares without a better offering.

Shifting his back right hoof once, he asked without any reservation, "Would you like company on your journey? I finished my last patrol for the hour." Really, there wasn't much on this Isle that would keep him from wishing to be by her side. He'd save her the trouble of being mistaking for prey, less she had to show everyone she was a powerful mare the better.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:01 pm
Ravenna was pleased when Atheron calmed. Though he'd given them both a bit of a fright, she was glad to see him. The stallion always seemed to brighten her day, no matter how difficult. Today was certainly no exception, even with the heavy burden of uncertainty weighing on their shoulders.

"No apologies needed," she assured warmly. "The Nightshade is beautiful but deadly -- but the flowers can be good for rituals." Among other things, they could be used to create certain poisons to use against ones enemies. Equally auspicious and as warning, she wondered if perhaps it was a sign. Not that she'd mention it to Atheron... she'd need to think about it, pray about it, see what the spirits might say. "Hold onto them for me, will you?" She asked serenely.

As for his query, she took a few steps back to pick up the cowl that had blown well off her shoulders in her surprise. The offer for company did sound nice, and she gave him a warm smile. "I'd like that, very much, if it doesn't put you out. It'll likely be a longer journey, so we might not be back until late. If you don't mind, I'd certainly welcome you along." The herd had others guarding it, protecting it. Atheron wasn't the only stallion on duty...though he was, perhaps, the most eager.

Still, Ravenna could be a little selfish, couldn't she? ... the thought surprised her, but she tucked that away, too.
RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:57 am
Atheron looked at the death bells, his head slightly tilted to the side. Nightshade? Ravenna wanted him to collect and keep them. "Happily", his answer without hesitation. Confusion but no hesitation. The goal was always to remove them so future her foals didn't get into them. This still served that purpose.

Perked up with a growing smile, Atheron eagerly 'danced' out of the way to side step. Shifting around, he got out of her way and settled in beside her. "I would be delighted to join you!" Anything else planned for the day vanished from his mind. That sole focus: Ravenna and her safety.

It didn't matter where they were going, it was a trip with her and he'd drop everything just to go. Didn't hurt that his patrols were just about over for the next hour and he wasn't the only one protecting the herd. Though depending the day you might not want to tell him that.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:23 pm

"Excellent," she smiled, genuinely pleased that Atheron was willing to accompany her on such short notice. While she hated to leave the herd without their good guardian, she knew there were others also equally capable. Besides which, the herbs would be needed, one way or another -- even if the Nightstalkers weren't nearby, or a threat, there would be other dangers, other injuries, accidents... Life would chip away at each of them, one way or another, and having the herbs in stock would be useful.

"Shall we then?" She encouraged, making sure he was ready, before continuing on her way. She moved at a quick, but not strenuous, pace -- they had a bit of a walk ahead of them, and while most of it would be on the main trail, they would eventually need to turn off and seek out a little sacred valley. They had some time yet, though, and she didn't mind Atheron's company.

"I trust you've been well?" She asked as they walked. Besides getting reports about his sweeps, she hadn't had much of a chance to check in on him personally. They only ever really seemed to bump into one another regarding their duties, and less on more friendly terms. Even now he was only here to assist her in a task... but it would give them time to talk.

RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:30 pm
Sailing easily beside her, Atheron kept pace as easily as walking along. Normal level of alert raised a bar or too now that he was accompanying Ravenna. Slightly tensed, he keep scanning the path in front of them and to the immediate right or left. Nothing was going to sneak up on them!

Oh, there is a squirrel!

Her voice called him back, soothing his tense posture into a more relaxed lope. "I have! The paths are right where I want them, I keep setting new records! Part of the I haven't pathed out has the best jumping and weaving course!" That excitable foal came out, his lope turning into a dancing trot has he explained. Through parts he 'demonstrated' with his arms making wide movements with wide grin.

Only.. becoming a little unsure if thats what she was asking, or even interested in, he tried again, "Found several more flower patches around, never know when you might need one." There was a slight chuckle, and a touch of nervousness. That little habit of his probably didn't win much favor.

Going with the safest option, he asked her, "How have you been? Do you need anything extra with a guest? I hope you've managed to get enough rest?" Taking care of a wounded centaur had to be tiring, at least he thought it must be.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:03 am
Ravenna listened to her companion with a genial smile. His energy always surprised her, as nothing seemed to bring him down. Even at his most serious, he was ever eager, and willing to do what must be done. Certainly, he was perhaps a bit boisterous, but there was nothing wrong with excitement. Just as she was tempered and reserved, Atheron was eager and welcoming. He had helped the herd so much since his arrival, and Ravenna was ever grateful of them meeting.

"Perhaps I can try it out sometime," she mused, giving a happy little flick of her tail. How long had it been since she'd let loose and simply ran free, like Atheron? Too long, really. Since being ousted from the Sun Herd, she'd found herself with the weight of the world on her shoulders, and plenty of worries. But that didn't mean she couldn't have fun... "Perhaps you can show me sometime, and I can test my agility," she mused.

Ravenna hadn't minded talking about the paths, but when he changed the subject, she didn't miss a beat. "As for the flower patches, it's true. The patches will be good to note, in case anyone wants to admire the flowers of the world, or in case we might need some for future rituals or rites. Quite a find!" She complimented, glad that he'd been able to explore while she was busy tending the members.

At his query regarding her, Qoaha, and rest, she smiled serenely. "I've been well, thank you. Our visitor has been healing nicely, physically at least. She's still a bit of a skittish thing, but I think with support and reassurance, she'll blossom once more." Whether or not she would remain with the herd remained to be seen. Emotionally though, it would take longer for her scars to heal... but Ravenna would be there for her as long as the young mare needed. "I've been well enough," she added with a small nod. "I don't know if a herd leader ever gets much rest, but there's always so much to do." If there weren't prayers, rituals, rites, visits, check-ins, supplies to tally, individuals to listen to, complaints and grievances to handle..." She sighed a bit wistfully. Honestly, she probably needed some help, especially as the herd grew and more and more members joined Nox Lunae.
RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:22 pm
Oh? She wanted to try out his course? "You should! There is nothing quite like putting your all into running. Power and freedom wrapped up in joy! With your pure grace, you'll sail through like a song on the breeze." Ravenna always held grace and elegance as easily as breathing. Watching her run would be watching poetry in motion.

The only thing of his old life he missed was the open grassland running. Walking miles a day and having running contests. Getting yelled at for being too tired to keep going. Those were good memories. Thinking back on them. He only really remembered his eccentric story teller uncle and his flashy brother. Even the matriarch, all he could remember was her voice and lectures. Some memories would be the last to go.

He had to chuckle at her praise over the flowers, running his hand through the back of his head. "They come in handy." Especially when you anger or scare a mare innocently going about her day. Aiolos' reaction to that habit was probably the most amusing thing he experienced that week it happened.

Hearing about Qoaha lightened his step. Having been the one to find her, he felt responsible for her. She tugged right at his heartstrings. Though Ravenna easily walked right back into that top spot.

Frowning a little, he told her, "You have the herd as much as the herd has you. Help is there. You can send the complaint department to me. A hard run will solve it!" He pointed his thumb at his chest. While that was probably slightly joking, the offer was genuine. He followed it up with a little less jest in his tone, "Anything you need, Ravenna, absolutely anything." It did occur to him that he shouldn't wait to be asked, that was something he would take back with him.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am
Ravenna always enjoyed just how enthusiastic and amiable Atheron was. Nothing ever seemed to bring him down, and no matter what she asked of him, he always put his all into it. He had become quite a pillar of the community, and she was grateful that he'd chosen to remain as long as he had. "Well then, perhaps when my schedule clears, I'll do just that. Perhaps you and I might race?" She asked, giving a grin. She wasn't a particularly competitive mare, but Atheron might enjoy it. At minimum, running and jumping seemed to be his thing. "Perhaps you can give me some tips," she encouraged with a little laugh.

He was the resident expert, after all.

Ravenna continued to make her way through the woods, taking them farther and farther from the herd. But she always knew where Nox Lunae borders were--an innate sense of always knowing the way home. It used to drive her subconsciously back towards the Sun Herd, something she always had to fight against. But thankfully, with the herd thriving, that pull had changed. Nox Lunae really was home.

"Some of their issues and concerns are valid. But if any need a little tough love, I'll certainly send them your way," she assured with a teasing smile and a flick of her tail. It was good to remember that there were more hands, more voices, more bodies to lessen the load... but Ravenna didn't wish to burden or task them with more. "Well, I am grateful for your company today--and having an extra set of hands means more supplies to return with."

RuSilverDragon
Sorry for the delay! <3

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:54 pm
With a few high steps and a great big grin, Atheron embraced the challenge, "I'd love a race! I don't know how to go easy when I get going." He highly doubted she'd want him to even try. The need to race and wonder followed him from his old herd. Racing around the herd grounds helped with that itch but the wind still called him. The earth still begged to tremble under his hooves. Oh the heart soars when the body roars!

All his travels, it felt like he'd been everywhere looking for his old herd. At the same time, it didn't seem like he'd been anywhere. Every step from the herd borders felt unfamiliar now.

At least he wasn't lost, home was right by his side.

He caught himself looking to the mare in question at the same time she replied to him. With a lopsided grin, he assured her, "I can handle valid too, very good listener." With all the verbal grace of a drunk rhino in a glass cave. Heart was in the right place, right about his sleeve area.

"I am glad I ran into you," a phrase far too literal for the walking wrecking ball, "I'd worry if you were gone without me. Anywhere you have to travel is where I'd want to go." The herd lands would be a wreck if he worried himself silly over her disappearance.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 12:25 am
Ravenna gave a low chuckle, tail flicking happily behind her as Atheron confirmed that he wouldn't just let her win. "I'm not surprised to hear that," she confessed, eyes bright. "Then consider it a date. We can race the course, and have a little fun as opposed to always focusing on only work." Hopefully Atheron wouldn't think poorly of her for wanting to take a little break from her position....

Not that, as herd leader, she could. She would always be the leader of Nox Lunae, but she even a leader had to have some time to themselves. She needed to care for herself as much as she cared for the others, and a little run with Atheron would be both good exercise as well as good entertainment. She always enjoyed his company, and was always eager to see him again. He'd been such a blessing, to both the herd and to her, she sometimes thought of him as a permanent member...

But he had his own band, didn't he? He'd never promised to stay. Was he still looking for them or had Ravenna worked him too hard? She'd need to ask him about it, but had been avoiding the conversation, primarily for selfish reasons. She didn't want him to go. But that weighed on her heart, too. Might he feel obligated to remain? He was generous enough for anything, it wouldn't be a surprise at all if that were the case.

....but perhaps now wasn't the right time to mention it. No, she'd put it on her endless task list, and have a talk with him to make sure he was actually all right, that he wasn't feeling obligated to stay later. Right now, she wanted to pretend that this was just a day out foraging. She didn't want to think about the poor, lost mare and the reminder that threats would always show up, no matter how prepared one was. She didn't want to think of what might happen when those threats found the herd, or when their lives might be disrupted by the whims of the gods. Right now, she didn't want to worry--and with Atheron near, she didn't have to.

He always lifted her spirit, no matter how difficult a night she had.

"Ah, Atheron--you're far too good to me, did you know that?" Ravenna laughed softly, reaching out to gently pat his arm. "I wouldn't have you worry, but I always am happy for your company. Don't encourage me, or I'll start making you my personal escort--and then where will you be?" She teased, her threat not at all serious. She didn't really need an escort -- she was an independent mare, and liked to think she could take care of herself. But surely, Atheron would not like following her around all day, even if she wasn't.

"Let me know if you tire or wish to stop for a drink. I believe a stream isn't far from the path, and the trip will take us much of the day." She did pick up her pace to a trot, not because there was a rush, but simply because now she didn't wish to waste his time. The sooner they finished, the sooner he'd be free to do what he wished.

RuSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:41 pm
Kicking into a high trot he boisterously respond, "Looking forward to it!" He practically trotted in place, eager to spend that time with her. Running was the one thing he held back from his old life. Nomads never stayed in one place and running with the herd was the closest he would ever get to flying. By the Moon he could fly! Ravenna would undoubtedly truly soar.

Sure he wouldn't go easy on her, but that didn't mean he couldn't be transfixed enough not to run into a tree! "Fly free, the motion is a salve for the soul!" A lotion for most of what ills.

Somewhere along the line his brain stopped picturing the race and picked up the 'date' terminology. Flushing he had to glance away to get that underhoof.

She brought that right back with just a touch. He was at a loss of quite how to answer or he needed to until she finished her question. In normal fashion, his mouth got ahead of his brain. Where would he be? "Exactly where I belong." Several seconds later it hit him that what he said was silly. Still a little flushed he went to look away as try not to embarrass her too.

Attempting to recover he gently added, "Apologizes" for what he couldn't name. Probably sounding way too over the line. Shifting to asking a question so the air didn't completely go dead, he asked, "Have you ever been to this place before?" He was pretty sure she hadn't, but then he was putting his own hoof into his mouth a bit too much and his poor brain was trying to stop him.

Running full force forward was kind of his thing after all.

Uta

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:28 pm
If Atheron thought Ravenna embarrassed by his response, he was quite mistaken. In fact, his reply left her smiling warmly at him. He always did seem to get a little bashful at times, which was only part of his charm. Of course, she couldn't always tell what he was bashful about -- was it her? Was it something
she said or did? Well, so long as she didn't make him uncomfortable, that was all that mattered.

Did he mean what he said? Or did he regret it? Part of Ravenna thought it telling, though she didn't want to assume his interest. "There's nothing to apologize for," she assured, not at all put off or embarrassed. "I enjoy our time together very much," she assured, as well as confessed. "Getting to have more of it doesn't sound like such a bad thing." It was almost a shame she wasn't in need of an escort. Better yet, he sounded like he might be keen for the position, too. "I almost regret that such a role doesn't exist," she added with a little shake of her tail, peeking over at him to see his reaction.

He had always made her feel comfortable, and conversing with him was easy and delightful. He brought fun and joy to her life, and had been so kind in offering his aid. Then again, she did worry about crossing a line, herself -- if she did start testing his interest, would their friendship be sour? She also wasn't sure if it would be fair to explore some budding feelings she'd recognized.... her role and life was busy, and he had his own herd to find. She didn't want him to feel trapped or obligated to stay.

It was hard to know what to do.

For now, though, she wouldn't push it. She'd just enjoy their time together. "I have, though only in passing. It's a longer journey, but what i need will help not just Qoaha, but other, as well--so it should be worth the time spent. I'll bee interested to see what it looks like covered in a blanket of snow."

RuSilverDragon
So sorry for the delayed tags! Dx Gonna try to tag more regularly so we can get our stories going! Haha. <3

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff