Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SOLO] Rainbow Shadow Adventure (Amitola)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:35 pm
he last thing you remember is…Well, you don’t remember. Strange?

Where is this place? It looks like you’re in the middle of dark forest. Was it even dark the last time you were….coherent? Just as you’re about to ask yourself what is going on, you hear what you will later start calling The Voice.

“Hello, fool.” The voice is terrifying with how normal it sounds. There’s a slight lilt to it, but that’s it. It seems to come from everywhere or nowhere at once.

“Let’s play a game. Right now you’re in the middle of a forest and all you have to do is find your way out. Simple? Yes, truly, just like your mind.” The airy laugh echoes on. “You have two hours.”

You shout at the voice asking how you get here, along with a bunch of other questions, but the only answer is–

“Tick, tock. Time’s running out little fool. This time we’ll play for a prize and if you fail, well, I won’t take it out on your utter incompetence. But next time…the stakes will be higher.”

You spend the next five minutes trying to talk with the voice or reason with, but it refuses to say another thing.

Really, whether you like it or not, you’ve only got one choice—GET OUT!

Prompt: You wake up in the forest. How you got there isn’t important right now. But the thing is that you’ve been given a time limit by a sinister voice who acts like this is just the first round in some demented game. Whether or not you really want to play, you do know that you don’t want to stay here..

User Image
Amitola had explored the wonderful grasslands not too long ago. Or at least she thought she had since the last thing she remembered was running through the grass with her hooves. She slowly opened her eyes, blinking away the haze of sleep. She was lying on a bed of soft grass, the sun slowly rising in the sky. Yet even with the sun rising this area remained in darkness. She had suddenly somehow arrived in the middle of the dark forest, but what had happened in between remained a mystery.

"What On Earth Am I doing ..."
she muttered, but before she could finish her sentence, her voice was interrupted by another. She looked around but saw no one. A sudden wind gust swept leaves across her face. She heard the voice again, yet this time it sounded like it was all around her. She realized that the voice was coming from the trees as if they were trying to answer her. “Hello, rainbow fool,” The voice spoke with a terrifying undertone. She swore she also heard a slight laugh in their tone as if the voice mocked her.

"Um hello..."
she said as she looked around the area. She slowly stood up on her hooves, trying to make sense of what she was hearing. She took a step back and looked up at the trees, searching for the source of the voice. She could feel her heart racing as she waited for a response.

“Well aren't you a silly one? I think you'll be perfect. So with that let’s play a game!" the voice chuckled with glee before continuing. "Right now you’re in the middle of a forest and all you have to do is find your way out. Simple right? Yes of course, truly, just like your mind." An airy laugh echoes. “You have two hours. Just two. No more no less. Or else you'll have to face the darkness in its entirety.”

"Wait a minute. I have some questions!" she yelled as loud as she could, but the voice just completely ignored her.

“Tick, tock. Now's not the time to talk. Time’s running out for you Rainbow fool. This time we’ll play for a prize and if you fail, well, I might not take it out on your utter incompetence. But next time…the stakes will be higher.” The voice sounded more threatening this time than before. So much so that her skin shook with each word.

She tried to make sense of the words but her mind was in a state of confusion. Taking a deep breath, she started walking towards the unknown, determined to face the darkness and make it out alive. The voice was right, the clock was already started, and she needed to win this game no matter what.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:01 pm

What you need to do:
Write out facing 2-3 obstacles/riddles to overcome before you make it out of the forest. Your prompt should end with you making it past the edge of the woods. At the end of the month the mysterious voice will let you know whether you made it out in time. Who made it out on time will be chosen by rolling a few from the list of those who entered. Those rolled will also get ONE ticket for the end of the year raffle.

User Image
Obstacle 1

As she trudges through the woods. She could hear the twigs snapping below her hooves and then everything suddenly goes dark. The darkness suddenly overwhelmed her eyes and she shouted. "Hey! Don't you think I deserve a clue at least? After all, how do I play a game without something to go on!"

She truly believed the voice wouldn't answer her, but to her surprise it did. "Well, I suppose you deserve something. So here it is..." suddenly a red door appeared in the darkness. "You're escaping a labyrinth, and there are three doors in front of you. The red door on the left leads to a raging inferno." Then a blue door appears. "The blue door in the center leads to a deadly assassin." Then finally a yellow door appears. "The yellow door on the right leads to a lion that hasn't eaten in three months." Then all three appeared together and each had a path from her location to the door of her choice. There was one blue, red, and yellow path. After everything appeared she just waited, since she knew the game part was about to arrive.

With a laugh, the voice continued. "So my rainbow fool. Which door do you choose? Remember it could lead to your demise." And with that, the voice was gone and all that remained were the doors and the paths.

"Oh great colors," she said laughing at the irony. Since she was horrible at choices that involved colors after all that's why her body had so many.
"So I've got a lion, an assassin, and a burning inferno... hmm..." she thought out loud. Then it hit her - the lion hadn't eaten in forever so there was no way he could still be alive right?

She hoped her choice was right. So she yelled, "I CHOOSE YELLOW!" With that, she closed her eyes and headed towards the yellow door. As she arrived she pushed the door with her front right hoof.

Suddenly everything around her changed and she could see she was now in a new part of the woods. Where? She had no idea but she survived.
"Well, Well, looks like you aren't as big of a rainbow fool as I thought," the voice said surprisingly. "Nevermind that. Let's see how you do on the next challenge."

She let out a sigh of relief and relaxed for a moment as she waited for her next task.  

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:34 pm
User Image

Obstacle 2

Luckily she didn't have to wait long for the next challenge. Again the area around her went pitch black. Somehow the second time wasn't half as frightening. Since she figured the voice wouldn't do anything to sinister. They needed her alive after all for their 'game'. Game was definitely an overstatement. She was not enjoying herself one bit...

Then in the darkness an eye appeared. The eye reminded her of the Egyptian god Horus. but it couldn't be since that eye meant prosperity and protection. Something she highly doubted that this eye meant.

As the eye began to glow gold rays of light the voice spoke once more.
"I see you! but you can't see me!" The voice taunted and laughed.

"But enough of that. It's time for your next riddle. What joy!" the voice said before continuing. "So the riddle I have for you. If I am holding a bee..." at that word the eye opened a swarm of bees flew out in her direction. She tried to swat them away with her hooves as best she could. "ARE YOU CRAZY" she yelled attempting to survive this insane swarm of bees that was clearly out for her.

The voice just ignored her reaction like normal and kept speaking. "...what do I have in my eye? Enjoy the bees until you solve the riddle Rainbow fool!" With a little chuckle the voice vanished again just leaving the bees attacking her rainbow fur.

"I officially hate this game,"
she said as she continued to try to escape the swarm. But then she remembered she needed to solve the riddle. So she got still and began to think. The bees still were trying to attack her but she knew it was useless to fight them. Since unless she solved the riddle they would never leave.

She slowly tried to think of the answer before she was stung to death. "Bees eye holding," hmm she thought to herself. Then it hit her. Beauty. Beauty was in the eye of the bee-holder.

Now she could be wrong but at this point she could careless she just wanted these bees gone!

"Beauty! It's Beauty!" she yelled her answer waiting for a response.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:45 pm
User Image

Suddenly she watched the bees disappear in a thick black smoke and with it the eye began to fade. "Is it over...," she whispered a little afraid to jinx it.

"Well, well, rainbow I guess you aren't that much of a fool, huh? What a surprise you are," the voice said not allowing her surrounding to show quite yet. "I guess I could be nice for a moment. You did solve two riddles after all," the voice said as they opened a path to the edge of the woods.

"If you hurry you might just make it past the edge," the voice spoke before disappearing in laughter.

Now she really didn't want to trust the voice, but she had too. So she ran with all her might down the path. She ran until she made it right past the edge of the dark woods.

She let out a breath of relief. Part of her wanted to believe the games were over, but another part believed it was all just another part of the game. As she looked around she continued to walk, but this time she was ready for whatever might appear and drag her back into the darkness.

((Word count: 1,437 words))

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers