Altair paused to make some notes next to his sketches, glancing up and down repeatedly, then he appeared, for a moment, to almost glare at a spot in the sky, before sighing, and adding another note. "I really need to get colored inks, not just black. I swear that star in the middle of the constellation that looks rather like a bird is red, rather than the yellowy or white color of the others, and if I remembered to get color I could sketch that in instead of writing down, say, 'the third star on the left of the set that make up the bird's breastbone is red.' and hoping I, or others, understand myself later."

He then glanced back at her, focusing back on the conversation. His expression went a little sober as he considered her words, before speaking slowly, carefully, and with certainty. "Perhaps it is a matter of perspective, but to me, I see the Mindhealers as the people between us, and that one being on the edge who, if unhelped, might snap and go down a path that could end in grief for more than a few. Oh, it is of a certainty that most cases are not like that, but for everyone that is, the Mindhealers are the unsung heroes who prevented disaster... And to me, are far greater heroes than those who took up sword and magic to defeat evil, or some such. After all, more lives are saved with the prevention. If it gets to the needing of a hero-cure, so much has already been lost."

He reached up to brush a lock of hair from his face. "But I do understand, and yes... It is true that the sky helps with navigation and magics, so long as the sky and the Isles are cooperating that day." He tried to make that last bit sound humorous, moving away from the seriousness of his previous words. "I shall certainly do my best to make sure my works are useful to those who might need such information."

He blinked at her comment about herds, though. He knew of many herds in existence, but did not know much about them. His lineage did not seem to have much in the way of connection to herds, often being solo wanderers. Or at least, that was what he remembered from tales his mother had told him. It had never really occurred to him to look into such things. "Are there? I was unaware. I have... Had very little contact with herds, mostly just individuals that I happen to encounter. I should look into it. I would like to be less... Lonely." A pause, and then he nodded slowly. "And I can see how that could be... It might be hard to treat the person who saw your deepest hurts in private as a friend in public. Respected, surely, but... Hard to see in a casual, relaxed light."

Cheri