Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythikos

Back to Guilds

A B/C Centaur and Mythological Creature Shop 

Tags: Centaurs, Mythology, Roleplay, Pegasus, Fantasy 

Reply [IC] Chimereid Island RP
[PRP] Storyteller's Mystery (Astrophel & Saga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:46 pm
User Image
The enigmatic Astrophel had somehow found themself captivated by a particular storyteller, in spite of themself. They'd never been one for telling all, and yet here they were, hanging on Saga's every word, tempted beyond all reason to spill their guts. So far they'd managed to avoid sharing every scrap of their secrets, but it was quite a challenge to keep mum around the charming wanderer.

Somehow fascination had turned into love. It had sneaked up on Astrophel so stealthily that it had taken them totally unawares. But oh, they were certainly fond of listening to his stories, of hanging on his every word. And if they played games keeping choice bits of information behind their teeth until he teased it out of them... well, it couldn't be helped. They'd always been of a playful nature.

But Saga had a way of making even the mundane seem engaging, something which they had swiftly grown to relish. "Tell me a tale, Saga," they said, slipping from between two large trees to regard the other. "Make it something unique, something you've never told me before." They couldn't quite resist asking, though if he turned them down they wouldn't make a fuss about it. After all... he might not be in the mood.

S1lversong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:57 pm
User ImageSaga had been in this area for some time now, actually a bit longer than he normally lingered. He'd gone through his normal repertoire of tales in the first few days, and was now reaching a little bit for new material. Usually, he would have moved on, to seek out new tales, or even just to spend some time alone between the more civilized areas. But, who could blame him for sticking around, when there were so many fascinating things to capture his attention? Well. To be fair, it was mostly one thing in particular. Or to be more specific, one smaller brightly colored Elaphotaur.

He had noticed the other his first day here, with their striking hair and body coloration, they definitely stood out from the crowd. Yet things hadn't progressed farther than looking for a little bit, until he noticed that Astrophel showed up every single time he began a tale. Then things sort of naturally progressed to them talking afterwards. And eventually Saga learned that the other liked to keep secrets... then he was determined to figure out what those secrets were. Not out of any malicious intent, no, he was simply curious. And fascinated. He wasn't entirely sure if his feelings went farther than that yet, and he didn't know all of the other's thoughts about him. But... he was certainly willing to stick around to find out.

Currently he was resting in a small glade, when his current mystery slipped out from between two trees and asked him for a tale, something unique that he hadn't heard before. Saga smiled gently at the other and nodded slightly. "Well, if it's for you, I think I can do that..." He went quiet for a few moments, considering. Perhaps if he "traded" something personal, he might learn something new about Astrophel in return?

"Perhaps you've been wondering about my own, personal, tale hmm?" he began, framing it as a question, but not really one that required an answer. "I am alone now, but it wasn't always so," he continued, and then started to weave a story of his own origins. How he had grown up in a loving family far away. Descriptions of his parents, and a sister, smaller and more delicate than he. Their antics growing up, their home in a beautiful old forest... And then how tragedy had visited them one fateful day, in the form of a group of wandering beasts.

They had attacked the small family seemingly out of nowhere, for no reason. His parents had called to the children to run, which they had - still being too young at the time to fight. In the chaos, Saga had lost track of his sister, and still did not know if she lived or not. Part of his reason for wandering was actually to see if he might one day find her, though he didn't know how likely that was. He had cast aside his childhood name, and chosen the name he now bore, becoming more than he had been with each new tale that he learned, and then told to others. Slowly, he wound his current tale to a close, coming out of the almost-trance he normally entered when he told a story - though this one was very much more personal than most.

"I hope, maybe one day, if my sister still lives, she might hear one of my tales, seek out the teller... and we may be reunited." He paused with a sad smile. "But I don't know how likely that is, considering it has been years now since all of this happened."

Cheri

S1lversong
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:44 pm

Ah, Astrophel enjoyed listening to Saga. There was something about the way that he wove words that brought a sense of magic and intrigue to them, no matter the subject. But some subjects were more interesting to Astrophel than others. They were certainly curious about the talespinner himself, they decided. Settling in comfortably for the tale, the elaphotaur listened attentively. They liked the cadence that Saga used when he told stories, as well as his choice of wording. It almost seemed to sparkle, something that caught the attention of the otherwise fickle Astrophel.

As they listened, they grew to know more about the mysterious buck, both curious and saddened at the same time. It was not a happy tale, after all. The horrors of Saga's fawnhood had surely left scars behind. And there was the matter of his sister. Could she be out there somewhere, perhaps searching for him as well? "I wish that I could tell you that I had heard of her, but the truth is that tales such as this one are all too common. Many is the elaphotaur whose family is fractured by tragedy. More so, it would seem, than the centaurs. I have always wondered about that, that we seem... more vulnerable." But Saga could be assured that if Astrophel ever heard a similar tale, they would relay it to him if they could.

S1lversong

[IC] Chimereid Island RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff